DOTD: The Office [BBC] Complete - $25.49

Still seems pretty pricey for just 12 episodes and a special. I love the show though. It's also available for instant viewing at Netflix for those that have it (along with the US version).

edit: In fact, Deep Discount has it for $23 as their regular price: http://www.deepdiscount.com/viewproduct.htm?productId=5738840

and BN has it for 23.99 or 21.59, plus 5.00 off in-store for members: http://video.barnesandnoble.com/search/product.asp?r=1&ourl=DVD%2FThe-Office-Collection&EAN=794051208521&cm_mmc=Google%20Product%20Search-_-Q000000630-_-DVD-_-794051208521

It's so funny the original show only had 12 episodes while all the various spin-offs in other countries were way more successful.

If you like the star from BBC The Office, you must see Ghost Town. That movie was great (especially Kristin Wiig's part).

12 episodes?!

:lol:

I know Britain does short seasons but I figured there would still be about 20-25 episodes.

[quote name='voidedx']It's so funny the original show only had 12 episodes while all the various spin-offs in other countries were way more successful.
[/QUOTE]

It's quality, not quantity. Ricky deliberately only made 12 episodes (plus the Christmas specials) because he wanted it to be like Fawlty Towers where they could quit while they were ahead and not have it drag out and become stale as it goes on and on.

I'd take two minutes of this brilliant show over the generic sitcom garbage version that airs in America.

A lot of UK shows are 6 episodes per series, and as sad as it makes me not to have more, I still import the shows I watch on day 1.

[quote name='dinovelvet']It's quality, not quantity. Ricky deliberately only made 12 episodes (plus the Christmas specials) because he wanted it to be like Fawlty Towers where they could quit while they were ahead and not have it drag out and become stale as it goes on and on.

I'd take two minutes of this brilliant show over the generic sitcom garbage version that airs in America.[/QUOTE]

You do realize Gervais is a co-executive producer for the US version and has actually written some material for it right? I've only watched the first season, but it was pretty good. Not as good as the BBC one, but not garbage either. In fact, I think it actually used most of the material from the BBC episodes in that first season.

[quote name='ssjmichael']You do realize Gervais is a co-executive producer for the US version and has actually written some material for it right? I've only watched the first season, but it was pretty good. Not as good as the BBC one, but not garbage either. In fact, I think it actually used most of the material from the BBC episodes in that first season.[/QUOTE]

Yes I realize Ricky sits back and collects money from it :)

I gave it a shot, hated it.

bread's done
Back