DotW - Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood Blus $19.99 each

Crap! This was definitely one of the last things I needed but I could not pass this up. Just got the Dragon Ball Z Dragon Boxes and all of Dragon Ball last week too. I'm really looking forward to watching this. Bought parts 1 through 4. Still thinking on 5...

For anyone that has seen both series is it worth it to own both? I have the entire original series but haven't seen brotherhood at all. I loved the original one. I'm thinking of buying all of these but I want to see if it would be worth it.

I wish part 5 was in that deal like a pre-order goldbox deal
Ordered parts 1-4 and dbz kai 1,2 and 5

[quote name='bizman316']For anyone that has seen both series is it worth it to own both? I have the entire original series but haven't seen brotherhood at all. I loved the original one. I'm thinking of buying all of these but I want to see if it would be worth it.[/QUOTE]
This one is totally different and I liked it more than the first one. I say get it! I'll buy these when I get paid.

[quote name='tuklaw']This one is totally different and I liked it more than the first one. I say get it! I'll buy these when I get paid.[/QUOTE]

Just wanted to agree wholeheartedly with this. I enjoyed the first series but this one is simply amazing. It's much darker and there's more focus on the plot (IMO).

I'm picking up 3 and 4 (already have 1 and 2 from previous sales). I've been waiting for this price on the blus for a while now.

[quote name='Squarehard']So very tempted to get 3 and 4, but still so many other anime I'm spending me money on. :*([/QUOTE]

I can guarantee that this show is better than almost any other anime you're buying.

Oh wow I seriously do not need to do this especially after ordering thirteen items from the current anime sale. Oh well already put in a order for Parts 1-4.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']I can guarantee that this show is better than almost any other anime you're buying.[/QUOTE]

Knowing the anime he is buying, I agree wholeheartedly. :lol:

[quote name='thelonepig']Knowing the anime he is buying, I agree wholeheartedly. :lol:[/QUOTE]

I buy every anime, so probably true.

Urgggg, I literally just bought the entire DragonBall series (DragonBall/Z/GT) and now this!!?

Thank god I payed my rent already. Bit!

I literally already spend $124 on DBZ Kai and other blu ray's but at this price i couldn't resist. I bought all 4 pts of FMA:Brotherhood :/ I cannot spend anymore.

[quote name='nintendofan9999']I bought all 4 pts of FMA:Brotherhood :/ I cannot spend anymore.[/QUOTE]

Then you'll be delighted to know there's still one volume left. :D

Ah, just when I spent a little disposable income something like this had to come up. I'll probably pick up 2 & 3 later on in the week.

[quote name='bizman316']For anyone that has seen both series is it worth it to own both? I have the entire original series but haven't seen brotherhood at all. I loved the original one. I'm thinking of buying all of these but I want to see if it would be worth it.[/QUOTE]

Brotherhood actually follows the manga story rather than creating its own like the first FMA. FMA: B is absolutely amazing.

Does anybody think this will go lower eventually, or do you think it will take the anime route and skyrocket and become out of print like Ghost in the Shell Innocence Bluray?

[quote name='spike32']Does anybody think this will go lower eventually, or do you think it will take the anime route and skyrocket and become out of print like Ghost in the Shell Innocence Bluray?[/QUOTE]

There will likely be season sets released either late this year (around christmas) or next year. I really want to buy these sets though.

[quote name='SpartenOmega117']There will likely be season sets released either late this year (around christmas) or next year. I really want to buy these sets though.[/QUOTE]

I know what you mean. Soul Eater came out with the 2 sets which I thought was awesome, but at $20 these seem like a great deal. So conflicted, haha.

I really wish I would have been able to find a summer job this year. Geez.

I adore Brotherhood, and I've wanted to pick it up for a while, but I really don't have $80 to spend right now.

But if anyone is on the fence, get it. GET IT. It's so much better than the original adaptation (though, the portion that Brotherhood re-covers is paced kinda poorly), especially in terms of payoff and resolution.

God, I love Brotherhood. Hahahaha

[quote name='Hao']I really wish I would have been able to find a summer job this year. Geez.

I adore Brotherhood, and I've wanted to pick it up for a while, but I really don't have $80 to spend right now.

But if anyone is on the fence, get it. GET IT. It's so much better than the original adaptation (though, the portion that Brotherhood re-covers is paced kinda poorly), especially in terms of payoff and resolution.

God, I love Brotherhood. Hahahaha[/QUOTE]

I didn't really care that the part it re-covers was paced poorly, I'd rather have got that out of the way as quick as possible so we can have more of the good NEW stuff. Besides, most people have probably either read the manga or saw the old show by now. But yea, you are right, it is a really really good anime.

if you going to wait then probably will get it $20 for full sets just like guyver, witchblade...etc cause casshern sin going to be release in complete sets for $40...so who knows...

[quote name='Astroranagun']if you going to wait then probably will get it $20 for full sets just like guyver, witchblade...etc cause casshern sin going to be release in complete sets for $40...so who knows...[/QUOTE]

Well it's twice as long as those shows, so yea, prob $40-60 for whole set eventually.

bread's done
Back