Double check on Trauma Center

AmigoOne

CAGiversary!
Ive been eyeing this game for a while now. But hadn't had any real reason or motivation to go out and buy the game. How is the game? My dad is a surgeon, and it could be fun for him too. Just add any information you think might help.

It's decent, but it gets infuriatingly hard at points, even on the normal difficultly. Plus, the whole GUILT thing is kind of lame, I'd rather do real surgeries like the beginning of the game.

just make sure you're quick, it gets fucking hard at some points like the guy above me said, but otherwise it's a badass game. played it on wii and ds.

The game's forced into being repetetive on account of the story making you fight GUILT for 10 hours straight. Anything that didn't deal with GUILT, mostly the first 2 chapters, was great.

Be warned that 90% of the game is not spent performing real surgeries, it's fighting weird "body monsters." I wish it was entirely real scenarios.

it's a decent rental, but the replay value is too low for me to make it a purchase even though i enjoyed the game tremendously.

I think it's a pretty good game, challenging gameplay, decent story. If your dad's a surgeon, he may get a kick out of it. I don't think he has to deal with a virus like GUILT at work.

[quote name='Vegan']Be warned that 90% of the game is not spent performing real surgeries, it's fighting weird "body monsters." I wish it was entirely real scenarios.[/quote]

As another warning, you don't follow the strict letter of the law in Phoenix Wright, you follow some kind of crazy laws! I really wish that PW would have been an real courtroom simulator.

Oh, and you don't read Miranda rights to the criminals in Crackdown, you just throw cars at them.

If the game didnt have the GUILT it would be a cakewalk and would not have received as much merit as it does currently. The game is utterly fantastic and well worth purchasing; not renting. If you rent it you wont get the luxury of throwing it in the closet for a week in frustration!

[quote name='Magehart']If the game didnt have the GUILT it would be a cakewalk and would not have received as much merit as it does currently.[/quote]
I disagree. Plenty of the "realistic" operations were challenges. Doesn't everyone get stuck on the tumors, after all? It's a cop-out to say that there's simply no way to make a challenging but not sci-fi surgeon game.

So, whats this GUILT thing? Sounds like its a challenge, but makes the game repetitive.
How long does it game last in story mode. Isnt there a co op where one guy is the nurse and the other is the surgeon?

[quote name='AmigoOne']So, whats this GUILT thing? Sounds like its a challenge, but makes the game repetitive.
How long does it game last in story mode. Isnt there a co op where one guy is the nurse and the other is the surgeon?[/quote]
It's virus that's let loose upon the public, and only you can fight it. It takes about 15 hours to beat. No multiplayer of any kind, just single-player.

[quote name='Magehart']If the game didnt have the GUILT it would be a cakewalk and would not have received as much merit as it does currently. The game is utterly fantastic and well worth purchasing; not renting. If you rent it you wont get the luxury of throwing it in the closet for a week in frustration![/quote]
How would you know? The normal stuff is so short that it's impossible to have any idea of what it would be like to have 3x the content, just having more variety in what you're doing is better than what we got.

Well, I guess there's nothing really stopping a friend from sitting next to you and pretending to be a nurse. Heh.

[quote name='Vegan']Well, I guess there's nothing really stopping a friend from sitting next to you and pretending to be a nurse. Heh.[/quote]That's basically how it was described. A second person can be in charge of swapping tools via the nunchuk.

I loved the game, though other people's complaints (like looking strictly for "real" surgeries) are entirely valid. I personally think the game was more fun because it didn't stay strictly in the realm of realism, but if you're looking fo that, you may want to rent it.

Oh, and as for the difficulty? Not a problem if you're not a diaper baby. Grow a pair and use your brain, and you'll be fine.

[quote name='Blind the Thief']I loved the game, though other people's complaints (like looking strictly for "real" surgeries) are entirely valid. I personally think the game was more fun because it didn't stay strictly in the realm of realism, but if you're looking fo that, you may want to rent it.

Oh, and as for the difficulty? Not a problem if you're not a diaper baby. Grow a pair and use your brain, and you'll be fine.[/quote]quick reflexes help too, i throughly enjoyed this game and i still play it from time to time, nothing beats trying to kill the last GUILT though, well besides doing 5 operations in 10 minutes, that thing messed up my hands ;)

My girlfriend is a medical student and she thought it looked neat, so I rented it for her. We both played it and both pretty much hated it. It's boring, frustrating, and has WAY too much story reading elements. Even when you skip the story stuff, it takes awhile to get through all the stupid dialog. I wouldn't recommend it, but some people dig it so maybe you should rent it.

Not to hijack the thread but has anybody heard anything about the new surgery game coming to the DS? I also hated the "guilt" thing in Trauma Center and was wondering if this other game was more true to life medical stuff.

Pretty cool game, just not much replay behind it.

My mom, who is a nurse, thought it was stupid because of how unrealistic it was...and she watched one of the beginning missions! :p

bread's done
Back