double clearance Madden 09 Special Edition at Target

Status
Not open for further replies.

packerfan10

CAGiversary!
I just got the Special Edition of Madden 09 at Target for $22.00 bucks. I am not sure if its just at my Target or all of them. I know at my Target most of the time the sales on games last for a week then go away. >_> I tryed to take a picture but it didnt come out well.

Oh I am in Whittier, CA. >_> It was marked down to $40.00 a few days ago then today it was marked down again to $22.00 dollers.

[quote name='JJSP']Whittier, eh? Was this PS3 or 360, and were there more left? :)[/quote]

most likely the 360, cause the ps3 version was clearanced out a while ago

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']More importantly...what is a double clearence exactly?[/quote]

It's the step in between regular clearance and double dog clearance.

[quote name='MWB']It's the step in between regular clearance and double dog clearance.[/quote]

And the precursors to double dog, ULTRA-SECRET clearance. :applause:

Here in New York, Target never puts Madden on clearance, only the crap games go on clearance.

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']Is double clearance like double penetration? Twice the fun?

Carry on.[/quote]

I hope you're a chick..

[quote name='snookie_wookums']Here in New York, Target never puts Madden on clearance, only the crap games go on clearance.[/QUOTE]

I'm on Long Island. The targets around here have been pretty good to me. Got the ps3 madden ce for 22 a few months ago; and a 120gb hdd for 360 for 90. Also got in on Madden ce 360 this week. There is still one left at my target. (Bay Shore, NY)

[quote name='Lucci YaYo']honestly i really appreciate someone occasionally posting a deal out of the target thread, it's less pages to go through.[/QUOTE]

Honestly, I really appreciate someone not posting a Target clearance deal out of the Target thread. Less clutter on the board ;)

I'm on the "appreciate the post outside the Target forum" side.

Is this game flippable?

*Just being honest - we all want to know - if you REALLY wanted Madden '09 you'd have it by now*

[quote name='chosen1s']I'm on the "appreciate the post outside the Target forum" side.

Is this game flippable?

*Just being honest - we all want to know - if you REALLY wanted Madden '09 you'd have it by now*[/quote]

I like the assumptions made. You can't click on the "last page" of the Target clearance thread to see deals? And I didn't have the game, really wanted it, and just snagged it last night for $22.48 on clearance. I'm stoked.

However, I knew it was going to drop to that price from the Target clearance thread as people were seeing it drop to that price a few weeks ago in some Targets.

[quote name='donut']redundant, and very very YMMV...
MODs please close.[/quote]

OMG please close, how can I carry on my day knowing there is a YMMV topic floating around the deals board... nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

deptford nj target had one left yesterday, I scored a GH3 for wii bundle for 22.34 and a madden 09 CE for the same price.

[quote name='snookie_wookums']Here in New York, Target never puts Madden on clearance, only the crap games go on clearance.[/quote]

no comment... :lol:

[quote name='donut']redundant, and very very YMMV...
MODs please close.[/quote]

It's not that YMMV. All the Targets in my area have the CE of Madden 09 on clearance and many of the people in the Target Clearance Thread have found it in their area. Mine are just at $40 instead of $22.98. I have one tucked away for when they do drop though.

Not "very YMMV" ... should hit every Target that has them on clearance already for this price eventually ... and yes ... they are flippable ;-) ... and for the love of god, stop whining all you Target-thread kool aid drinkers ;-p

[quote name='Joph']all my copies have a loose disc. im staying away from them. sad.[/quote]

I bought one with a "loose" disc; it didn't have a scratch on it. Try it, and if it's scratched return it? :D

[quote name='Joph']all my copies have a loose disc. im staying away from them. sad.[/quote]

I saw one left at Target a few weeks ago at $45. Did the ole wrist flip and heard all kinds of crap clunking around inside. I checked the contents description on the back in case they included a bobblehead John Madden or some other tchotchke that might explain the noise, but nope. Had to assume there's at least one disc that's gone off the reservation...

Anyway, they're long gone here.

[quote name='ch2423']It's not that YMMV. All the Targets in my area have the CE of Madden 09 on clearance and many of the people in the Target Clearance Thread have found it in their area. Mine are just at $40 instead of $22.98. I have one tucked away for when they do drop though.[/QUOTE]

Isn't that the very definition of YMMV? One store has it for $22.48 and another at $40.

[quote name='Josef']Isn't that the very definition of YMMV? One store has it for $22.48 and another at $40.[/QUOTE]

When people say things are "very very YMMV" etc, it usually implies that you will have a nearly impossible time finding it. While everything regarding Target clearance items is YMMV, it's a fact that the price will eventually drop to $22.48 if the item is still in stock after a certain amount of time at any Target. Thus, the people who are jumping in saying that this thread shouldn't exist because it's incredibly YMMV aren't making a valid point. Now if someone finds a sticker that's mis-printed and says $10.27, then that's "very very YMMV" and therefore is a bad post ... such is not the case here.

[quote name='etcrane']the people who are jumping in saying that this thread shouldn't exist because it's incredibly YMMV aren't making a valid point.[/quote]

1. One person wrote something to that effect. Not "the people."
2. Forget degrees of YMMV. It's binary. This is YMMV, and the title should reflect that.
3. "Double clearance" is meaningless. Title should include the price.
4. Forget #2 and #3. As others have said, this should be in the Target clearance thread. One could argue that an incredible deal on a popular game occasionally deserves its own thread. IMO this ain't it.
5. Darn, sure wish I'd posted the Scene It bundle as "Triple Clearance" when it was $7.50 at Target. YMMV, of course.

[quote name='gantt']1. One person wrote something to that effect. Not "the people."
2. Forget degrees of YMMV. It's binary. This is YMMV, and the title should reflect that.
3. "Double clearance" is meaningless. Title should include the price.
4. Forget #2 and #3. As others have said, this should be in the Target clearance thread. One could argue that an incredible deal on a popular game occasionally deserveshttp://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=5372696 its own thread. IMO this ain't it.
5. Darn, sure wish I'd posted the Scene It bundle as "Triple Clearance" when it was $7.50 at Target. YMMV, of course.[/QUOTE]

That was a hell of alot of effort to respond to something with no real point ... in other news, most of these are clearing out the day they hit $22, so it will probably only be valid for a week or two anyway. Oh ... YMMV ... because evidently it's not obvious to "the people"

[quote name='etcrane']That was a hell of alot of effort to respond to something with no real point[/quote]

Not really. Take a typing class.

The point is that complete thread titles and correctly classified posts make this site more helpful and easier to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back