Double-Pack Xbox 360 games at Amazon (Prices from $14.99 to $24.99)

benjamouth

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
If you like Dynasty Warriors series you'll like Samurai warriors. The same game with different characters over & over again :) You get 2 for $20 is very good deal.

EDF was a blast.
One of the most fun arcade style co-op games on the 360.
It is a really long game as well. So many levels.

I hope a sequel is in the works.

We already know there will be a sequel for Samurai Warriors whether we need one or not. :)

[quote name='airdino23']EDF was a blast.
One of the most fun arcade style co-op games on the 360.
It is a really long game as well. So many levels.

I hope a sequel is in the works.

We already know there will be a sequel for Samurai Warriors whether we need one or not. :)[/quote]

I've put about 60 hours into EDF 2017. And I still have 35 or so levels left to beat between Hardest and Inferno. (Gotta love any game where "Hardest" isn't the hardest difficulty.) Inferno is so damn impossible... and so damn fun.

And you're totally right about the sequels. I hope there's one for EDF, but I know there will be a dozen for the stupid Warriors games.

[quote name='airdino23']We already know there will be a sequel for Samurai Warriors whether we need one or not. :)[/quote]

And it's on the Wii. Dec '09 in Japan. Maybe that'll breath some life into the controls at the expense of graphical polish :whistle2:#

Anyway, if EDF is your main concern then Masterkyo and SDC are right about SW2 it being a good bonus. If you like DW or Warriors Orochi, SW2 is a good fit. SW2 has the same Dynasty Warriors mechanics that started w/ DW3 on PS2. The difference with the SW series is that they added chain attacks that upgrade as you level, no need to find new weapons.

It's still a grind to unlock characters and go through the stories through one char's perspective, but it's interesting since it focuses on Japanese warring states instead of the tried and true Chinese Three Kingdoms era.

The game also features some random modes.

Tower of Something? (I forget the name): A survival mode based on a tower. Each floor of the tower has an objective that you must complete to get to the next level. There's some weird requirements to unlock a character that you'd never figure out without consulting GameFAQs or something.

Board Game (Suguroku? Or something like that?): There's also a monopoly-like board game. You basically have to go around the board buying up property and trying to bankrupt your enemies or own everything. When you land on someone's property or designated spaces, you'll battle them or play a mini-fight where you have to kill X amount of dudes. This mode also unlocks a character named Okuni who has an umbrella.

Xbox Live Mode: ...is terrible. You and your opponent, who have been looking for a SW2 match since the dawn of Xbox Live, are presented a battle field. You choose your generals and the main one you want to control. The object is for you to 1) kill your opponent's main or 2) take all the bases. You get to position your generals anywhere you want. But the catch? You don't actually fight your human opponent! You just play against the layout of generals they created.

A lot of people broke the Xbox Live mode by positioning ALL their generals near their main general, making it impossible to not fight 4 dudes at one time. And your levels count. Don't choose dudes you haven't leveled or you'll be screwed. Better yet, don't play this mode at all!

I'd really like EDF, played that a bunch when my friend had it. EDF is itself a sequel so I'd actually like it if they brought the other 2 over here. Critics always seem to hate on the DW stuff but it's still fun to get a buddy and fight the hordes. Even if it is a bit of mindless fun.

Dang. I almost bought Earth Defense Force for 17.99 used, guess I can put 2 towards it and get Samurai Warriors and give it to a friend since I all ready own it.

[quote name='SoulReaver']I'm the only one who hates EDF it seems. Gave it two hours. Couldn't stand it.[/QUOTE]

lol

nop, you're not the only one

[quote name='greeble']Is there a demo for EDF? I'd like a coop game I can play with the wife, but she is picky.[/quote]

No demo, unfortunately. There's only a video available on XBL. It's not the easiest game to find for rent either.

[quote name='pasko']lol

nop, you're not the only one[/QUOTE]

It's funny, I thought I was the only one who hated it. After everyone was raving about it so much here I rushed out and rented it. So far it's the worst thing I've played on the 360 and I've played and liked a few "bad" games people usually mention. ie Turning Point, Turok, Golden Axe, Dark Messiah, etc.

[quote name='Escargoexpress']So do these come in seperate boxes, or are they in some compilation disc?[/quote]
I was also wondering this.

If I didn't already have EDF, I'd be all over that. For a mind-numbing shooter that KNOWS it is campy for the sake of being campy, it is AWESOME.

That NBA Street/All Pro Football looks tempting.

[quote name='alextastic']I was also wondering this.[/quote]

Seperate boxes, these aren't compilations, just 2 full games (seperate dics, manuals, etc) packaged together.

Anyone have a good idea for some Five dollar filler to get some free shipping? Want to get the EDF bundle but obviously not interested in paying shipping.

I'm in for EDF/SW2. I've not heard much about EDF before, but sounds like good fun, so I'll give it a go!

EDF is the Godzilla of gaming. It's cheesy, low-budget fun that people either love or hate. I, for one, love both of them.

Last edited by a moderator:
EDF looks like a less polished version of Lost Planet. I loved Lost Planet so much I own every single Lost Planet version released on Console (2x 360 version and the PS3 version). Do guys think I will like this game?

[quote name='leesiulung']EDF looks like a less polished version of Lost Planet. I loved Lost Planet so much I own every single Lost Planet version released on Console (2x 360 version and the PS3 version). Do guys think I will like this game?[/QUOTE]

That's what it looks like, but I liked EDF way more than Lost Planet. You play as a character that can actually MOVE.

[quote name='mkelehan']That's what it looks like, but I liked EDF way more than Lost Planet. You play as a character that can actually MOVE.[/quote]

:lol: That made me laugh. I keep trying to get into Lost Planet, but the movement really does bog me down...literally.

EDF is infinitely more fun w/ a second person for co-op goodness. Unfortunately, it's not online, so if you have no friends, just something to consider.

[quote name='cazlar']I'm in for EDF/SW2. I've not heard much about EDF before, but sounds like good fun, so I'll give it a go![/QUOTE]

This is a steal. If I didn't have both already, I'd be all over it. Both games are guilty pleasures.

Ordered EDF/SW2, always loved playing the Dynasty Warriors games with my friend, so this should be a good time. EDF looks like it should be a good co-op experience too.

[quote name='ricoraney']EDF is horrible![/QUOTE]

My friends seem to agree with this, as I can't find anyone to play Co-op with. Drat.

[quote name='lunker']EDF is lo-fi awesomeness. Big and brainless, like Transformers: The Movie.[/quote]

thats just plain mean, EDF is has way more to offer then that trash they commercial to sell Camaros and a long dead toyline.

I have to say EDF is simply mindless fun, think a remake of guantlet in 3D, non stop monsters comming at ya. No hard thinking really, just dont get trapped and shoot, shoot, shoot, shoot, shoot, shoot, shoot, shoot, shoot, shoot, shoot, shoot, shoot, shoot, shoot, shoot, shoot, shoot, shoot, shoot, shoot, shoot, shoot, shoot, shoot, shoot, shoot, shoot, shoot, shoot, shoot, shoot, shoot, shoot, shoot, shoot, shoot, and shoot some more. Loved every mninute of it,

Clok

Just got EDF/SW2 in the mail. Haven't gotten to play them yet. Played the older Dynasty Warriors games and that was fun with friends, heard good things about EDF too so couldn't pass it up

bread's done
Back