Download DS Demo's onto your DS system!!!!!

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']where? (and don't say "TV" or anything else related to that, other than specific channel/station)[/QUOTE]

I've seen the Meteos/blue DS commercial, but not the Nintendogs one. I'm thinking it was on G4, but I can't quite recall.

The Nintendogs one is on Adult Swim all the time. They actually use one of those mannequin hands to hit the dog bobblehead. I don't think it's a Nintendogs commerical really, but that's the first thing I thought of too. :lol:

[quote name='evilmax17']What the, why didn't you just start a new thread?[/QUOTE]

I realized a thread about a commercial was kinda pointless so i decided to end it,sorry Evilmax17 :(

arggg.......i have been waiting for this damn SUB demo for a year, so close yet so far - i dont think i have the gear to do this....but i DL'd the demos anyway :)

Well, I don't think I have the right wireless card and I don't have a GBA flash cart. Not worth the effort, but cool nonetheless.

So people know you don't need a GBA Flash card for this.

I tryed doing this at work but I didn't have the right wireless card, BUT when I got home that night and tryed it again with my PC I lucked out and had the right Wireless card.

How the whole thing works is rather simple really.

First and Most important you need a certen Wireless network card in your PC:
List can be found here:
http://damien.bergamini.free.fr/ral/list.html

Then you have to install these driver over your wireless card's real driver:
http://users.belgacom.net/bn967347/rt2560_driver_1_0_0_8.zip

This step by step is decent you only need to read the part on how to install the card, after that is not needed, Just read the rest that I wrote.
http://www.aaronrogers.com/nintendods/wifime.php

Then you Download 'Nintendo DS - Wireless Multiboot Application'
http://users.belgacom.net/bn967347/rt2560_app_wmb_1_4_beta_1.zip

Then you copy the Demos into the 'data' folder in the 'Nintendo DS - Wireless Multiboot Application' Folder. then you boot up 'Command Prompt' and type in:
(example)
C:\DS_Hack>wmb.exe -channel 1 -data "polarium_demo_usa.nds"

Then start up your DS, select 'DS Download Play' and it downloads it to your DS.

They key thou is the card, A VERY select few work. And the version is also important with some. At work I had a 'Linksys WUSB54G' BUT the problem is its a v2 not a v4 so it didn't work.

Nintendo needs to make some wifi hotspots in a major game or box store for DS owners to download and try out new software/ or just mail out some DS demo cards to all of us loyal Nintendo customers.

[quote name='apocrypha']Nintendo needs to make some wifi hotspots in a major game or box store for DS owners to download and try out new software/ or just mail out some DS demo cards to all of us loyal Nintendo customers.[/QUOTE]

That is a great idea. I bet they will do this once the DS network starts up.

My card wasn't on the list either :(

Hmm, most stores have playable DS units, so it would seem rather easy for Nintendo to implement Wi-Fi Download features into these "hotspots".

[quote name='lebowsky']That is a great idea. I bet they will do this once the DS network starts up.[/QUOTE]

Yeah that's an awesome idea...

I have a router, not a wireless card :(
A Belkin router to be precise.
I also got a USB receiver for my other computer, but I don't want to mess around with the drivers.

EDIT: Hey, would this work with a LinkSys B USB adapter?

Wifi is cool and all but I hope Nintendo releases a USB cable for DS like the PSP has. I don't care if I'll not 'no-line', I really don't want to have to spend like $100 to get Wireless at home just so I can get demos and play DS online. That 90% user participation Reggie talked about at e3 really doesn't seem likely to me. It bugs me that N is banking on everyone having Wifi, the current Rev model has been noted as having no ethernet port. How do they expect everyone to use their online service if they don't have that as an option? Not every household is wifi enabled.

[quote name='CouRageouS']Wifi is cool and all but I hope Nintendo releases a USB cable for DS like the PSP has. I don't care if I'll not 'no-line', I really don't want to have to spend like $100 to get Wireless at home just so I can get demos and play DS online. That 90% user participation Reggie talked about at e3 really doesn't seem likely to me. It bugs me that N is banking on everyone having Wifi, the current Rev model has been noted as having no ethernet port. How do they expect everyone to use their online service if they don't have that as an option? Not every household is wifi enabled.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I wish I could download this stuff to my DS via a cable...I don't have wireless and I'm not about to get it. Although I may be forced to to get wireless so I can play my DS online later on...

[quote name='CouRageouS']Wifi is cool and all but I hope Nintendo releases a USB cable for DS like the PSP has. I don't care if I'll not 'no-line', I really don't want to have to spend like $100 to get Wireless at home just so I can get demos and play DS online. That 90% user participation Reggie talked about at e3 really doesn't seem likely to me. It bugs me that N is banking on everyone having Wifi, the current Rev model has been noted as having no ethernet port. How do they expect everyone to use their online service if they don't have that as an option? Not every household is wifi enabled.[/QUOTE]

If you pay attention, you can easily get an 802.11b router for under $30. I got a G router about 6 months ago for $50...

Lucky me, I just played Electroplankton and Meteos. Are there any other demos that work with this, besides the ones on the site the OP posted?

i just missed a deal at microcenter where they were selling a compatible wireless pcmicia (also pci) card from hawkings for $5 after rebate... im contemplating whether to go to compusa and get it for $20 after rebate... sucks that all the wireless cards in this house (like 5 of them) dont have the right chipset...

bread's done
Back