Download Shiny Beasts, Celebi at GameStop, Ash's Pikachu @ Toys R Us, Victini via WFC

Drclaw411

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Free shiny versions of the three Pokemon (also with special moves) will be available in the new year at GameStop. Raikou from Jan 3-9, Entei from Jan 17-23, and Suicune from Jan 31-Feb 6. In addition, Toys R Us will be distributing Ash's Pikachu from Jan 30-Feb 13. Then, GameStop will again be offering another download (non-shiny Celebi) from Feb 21-March 6.

Celebi can also be had at the Pokemon Mall Tour, and the Legendary Beasts are currently being redistributed over NWFC.

Via Nintendo WiFi connection (yay for not having to go to a store), the first DLC for Pokemon Black & White will be made available in the form of the new psychic & fire type Pokemon, Victini. You will not be able to download Victini directly. It will be an item called a "Liberty Pass" that you'll be able to download via Nintendo WiFi connection, and this item will eventually trigger the unlocking of Victini in the game. The Liberty Pass will be available for download from March 6th-April 10th.

Beasts: http://www.pokemongoldsilver.com/us/#/news/trio/

Ash's Pikachu: http://www.toysrus.com/shop/index.jsp?categoryId=4311963

Celebi: http://www.pokemongoldsilver.com/us/#/news/celebi/

Victini: http://www.pokemonblackwhite.com/en-us/pokemon/special-encounters/

Also, something to note for those who plan on transfering:

[quote name='a_dirty_Shisno']There are two methods to migrate Pokemon from Diamond, Peal, Platinum, Heart Gold, and Soul Silver to Black and White: The PokeTransfer (http://serebii.net/blackwhite/pokeshifter.shtml) and the Transfer Machine (http://serebii.net/blackwhite/transfermachine.shtml). The PokeTransfer is use to migrate all of your regular Pokemon to Black and White and is accessible only after completing the game. The Transfer Machine is used for migrating the Event Pokemon Raikou, Entei, Suicune, and Celebi and is available only after telling a special phrase to a character in Castelia City.

If you transfer the Event Rikou, Entei, Suicune, or Celebi through the PokeTransfer they will NOT unlock the Zorua and Zoroark Events.[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='A Happy Panda']I'm confused...I tried downloading Suicune over WFC today, but it kept giving me Raikou. Halp.[/QUOTE]
This week is Raikou. Next week is Entei, and then the next week is Suicune.

[quote name='ItsAMeAMario']Times Square TRU isn't holding the event. I just got off the phone with them.
I remember that they didn't hold the last 2 or 3 events either.
I'm assuming that they experienced a lot of hacks, so they stopped participating.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Rave Child']Sigh. This wasn't a problem when I lived in Brooklyn and could just drive to Caesar's Bay or the one near King's Plaza, but now I'm missing out because I live in Manhattan and am carless :cry:[/QUOTE]

I called corporate, this is stupid. My daughter wants this damn pokemon and I have a job, so why would I take a huge chunk out of a day to go do something that should be available in my own damn borough?

I was told I would get a response by Friday, will keep everyone informed.

[quote name='Hao']The current WiFi event is actually intended for Europe. It just happens that we're able to access it over the WFC too.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, this is mainly because the US and Europe pretty much got the same game carts just with different labels and different regional ratings. Both have all of the languages programmed in, with the default being English. Which is pretty much why we share Wi-Fi signals with the folks in the PAL territories for the Pokemon games.

Same can't be said for Japan, though.

To clear things up: The Legendary Trio were exclusive to GameStop in the US locally ONLY. That means only US players could access the Trio that had the GAMESTP original Trainer name and US dates. The same will be true for Celebi once it's available there.

However, the ones labeled as Winter 2011 are via Wi-Fi and can be obtained by everyone with a non-Asian copy. Celebi is currently being distributed locally in the US during a mall tour going on right now. It too shares the same OT IDs that the Trio do. It will also be the alternative to the GameStop one that will be out later.

TL;DR - You have plenty of chances to obtain the Legendary Trio and Celebi. Just one of the Trio is needed in order to obtain Zoroark. You will need Celebi in order to get Zorua.

[quote name='mogamer']Wait, isn't that one of the attractions of living in the big city? Not needing a car and taking public transportation to go places? I know my wife lived in Boston for two years and never owned a car that entire time and really didn't need one. She and her friends would rent a car if they wanted to travel to Maine or Vermont.[/QUOTE]
Haha yeah, but I'm not about to rent a car to download a Pokemon from TRU. But living in an outer borough is much more suburban (at least where I lived), so there was plenty of parking and I could drive my '93 Honda Accord from highschool on nights and weekends as needed. Lots of places that were a 15 minute drive from me would be over an hour on public transportation out there, so it was worth it to have a car there instead of sitting in my dad's driveway upstate.

[quote name='skizomaniak']I called corporate, this is stupid. My daughter wants this damn pokemon and I have a job, so why would I take a huge chunk out of a day to go do something that should be available in my own damn borough?

I was told I would get a response by Friday, will keep everyone informed.[/QUOTE]
Thanks! I hope this gets resolved, but I'm not going to get my hopes up.

[quote name='Hao']This week is Raikou. Next week is Entei, and then the next week is Suicune.[/QUOTE]

K. That's what I was thinking. People in this thread kept using the general term "I got the Legendary Trio!"

Thanks

Well technically they did. GameStop finished the first part of the event. Suicune was being distributed until the 7th of this month there. Now the event's just starting up for Europe online for the first time, which is basically another chance for US players who missed the GameStop distribution.

[quote name='Tsukento']Well technically they did. GameStop finished the first part of the event. Suicune was being distributed until the 7th of this month there. Now the event's just starting up for Europe online for the first time, which is basically another chance for US players who missed the GameStop distribution.[/QUOTE]

No I understand, I got the Raikou and Entei, but didn't have time to grab Suicine from Gamestop. Someone mentioned that the European WiFi event was on, and it was only after that post did I see people posting they got the Legendary Trio from the Europe event. Just a misunderstanding.

Someone mentioned that you can only get Raikou from Gamestop or the WiFi event but not both. I was able to get both. Did anyone else get them both?

[quote name='CodeWarMonkey']Someone mentioned that you can only get Raikou from Gamestop or the WiFi event but not both. I was able to get both. Did anyone else get them both?[/QUOTE]

Did you delete the game save and start over? Doing that will allow you to get them both, but unless Nintendo changed the event ID (not the trainer ID), you shouldn't be able to download both to the same game save. Platinum wouldn't let me get the WFC one, saying I had already received it (which was the Gamestop one).

[quote name='Bloomy']Did you delete the game save and start over? Doing that will allow you to get them both, but unless Nintendo changed the event ID (not the trainer ID), you shouldn't be able to download both to the same game save. Platinum wouldn't let me get the WFC one, saying I had already received it (which was the Gamestop one).[/QUOTE]

No, I didn't delete my game. I did this with HeartGold. I haven't tried it on my Platinum/Diamond versions yet. I did delete my Raikou Wonder Card when I got Suicune from Gamestop.

[quote name='CodeWarMonkey']No, I didn't delete my game. I did this with HeartGold. I haven't tried it on my Platinum/Diamond versions yet. I did delete my Raikou Wonder Card when I got Suicune from Gamestop.[/QUOTE]

I don't know how I got it to work on my HeartGold version. It didn't work for my Diamond/Platinum copies.

Maybe they gave a little leeway for HG and SS. These games have very subtle differences that don't appear unless you try.

Example: the Secret Key event for Platinum could be redistributed by players five times in Japan but not anywhere else in the world.

There is no leeway for HG/SS. I just tried with HG, got the same "You've already received this" message. Perhaps CodeWarMonkey downloaded the Gamestop Raikou, deleted the Wonder Card without picking it up (possible to do in HG/SS, not possible in D/P, unsure about Platinum) and downloaded the WFC one. I've seen people ask about that situation, but I haven't seen anyone say whether they've tried it or not.

Whether an event can be shared is something Nintendo can set. No idea why they set it for the Japanese Secret Key and not anywhere else, but it has nothing to do with the games.

Emergncy help please!!

I'm at TRU right now with my son- drove all the way just for this.

We can't download ash's pikachu because it says we have too many "wonder cards" WTF!? It won't let me delete them, they don't seem to be in his inventory either. How the freaking he'll do you download this 4th pokemon??? I see no instructions anywhere and I can't get to the nintendo page about it because it is a stupid flash site.

Please someone post quick while we're still here!!!

There is a sign here that says you will need to delete a wonder card if you have more than 2. But it doesnt fucking say how!!!

Once you have three wondercards, you cannot receive anymore until you delete them.

Since you cannot delete them, you need to go to a Pokemart, any of them, and speak to the delivery man by the register inside. He'll give you the key items/pokemon from the wondercards, and then you can delete them.

Make sure to have some space for the pokemon to retrieve them from the delivery man.

Edit - NM, I see the issue. I misunderstood you at first, sorry.

First go to the mystery gift option on the main menu.
Then select "Wonder Cards" and it shows you the ones you have.
You can then choose to delete them there.

On the Mystery Gift menu, it should say check card. There you will see which Wonder Cards you have. Click one and it should let you delete it.

Thanks, we were there but the bottom screen is blank - nothing to click on. The TRU dude just helped us though - you have to hit A to get the submenu to pop up with the "trash" option. Wow, what a freaking clunky interface. You'd think after all these years it would be more intuitive!

Yeah on the "check card" part there is nothing shown on the touchscreen. It's pretty dumb for a flagship nintendo ds game not to make use of the touchscreen when it is obvious to do so. I made my son go into a town and try to do it via the PC like you need to to get the pokemon. That just got us all lost. The wonder card screen looks blank. Oh well... We've got it now so thanks guys for the quick responses. It is a pain to type on this phone!

Ok, one more question? It doesn't say "Ash's" pikachu. It is #22 in the pokedex. Is that right? Just normal pikachu?

[quote name='io']Ok, one more question? It doesn't say "Ash's" pikachu. It is #22 in the pokedex. Is that right? Just normal pikachu?[/QUOTE]

It's just a normal Pikachu with the Original Trainer as Ash, and has moves the current anime Pikachu has, that any other pikachu can learn (Volt Tackle needs to be bred on to a Pikachu though).

Speaking of this whole event thing, I got a hold of a Japanese event Shiny Raikou from a friend who was in Japan at the time the movie was in theaters. Transferred it over to my Japanese Pokemon Black and caught Zoroark. Info out there's kinda non-existent (took me a bit to figure out), so I'll explain a few things to give you guys a heads up once the games are in the US.

First thing to make sure is that you have either of those three kept in your boxes in your 4th Gen game. The 5th Gen games will not find them if they're in your party. So it's similar to the whole Pal Park thing. And like the Pal Park, once they're in your 5th Gen games, you CANNOT get them back into your 4th Gen ones. As you can already guess, you're going to need 2 DS' for this whole thing. The model of DS' you have does not matter.

Now the first thing to do is pop in Pokemon Black or White in one DS and head to Castelia City. Then make your way to the very northern part of the city, near the exit. On your left will be a building that you can enter. Take the elevator and you'll find a scientist in front of a laptop. Speak with him and he'll be the guy you give a specific saying to (since the games aren't out in English yet, I can't really say what it is that'll be put in). Once that's done, you'll have opened up a new selection that will be at the bottom of the main menu, prior to selecting your game save at the start. Be sure to save. Soft-reset your game (L + R + Start + Select) and head to the very bottom, where you'll see a new menu (literally, any new menu item that you get such as Mystery Gift will have "NEW" appear right next to it) to select. Start that up.

Now with your second DS, pop in whatever 4th Gen game you have the Legendary Trio in. Be sure your second DS does not automatically boot up the game upon powering it up. On the DS menu, select "DS Download Play." Your game will now begin searching to download. Confirm your selections on both DS' and you'll now have whichever Pokemon you transferred waiting for you in your copy of Black or White.

To get Zoroark, you'll need to head to the Illusion Forest, which is found to the North-East of Nimbasa City, North from Castelia City. Whichever of the legendaries you transferred, Zoroark will appear as a different one.

-Bringing Raikou has Zoroark appear as Entei
-Bringing Entei has Zoroark appear as Suicune
-Bringing Suicune has Zoroark appear as Raikou

It'll be level 25, will always be female (so you can breed it to get a Zorua if you don't have the event Celebi) and will turn back into itself after being hit once. You can activate this whole thing the very moment you reach Castelia, which is home of the 3rd Gym Leader (who happens to be a Bug-type Gym Leader, a type that's strong against Dark-type Pokemon such as Zoroark :lol:). In regards to its Illusion ability, it *almost* works like Ditto's and Mew's Transform attack, but only in name and sprite. It copies the name and look of the last Pokemon that fainted, meaning that as soon as it's sent out it will appear as if it's the very same species that was knocked out. It will NOT copy the same attacks or type(s), however. So be aware that Zoroark is still weak against Fighting and Bug-type moves while it's disguised. Once its been hit, it loses the disguise.

I looked on Serebii, the PalPark type thing you're describing is the Transfer Machine. Only the events (shiny beasts, Celebi) go through it. Is it possible to trade between 4th and 5th generation? If so, do you know how soon you can do it?

EDIT: Nevermind, found the answer myself.

Does the TRU download work like the Gamestop download? In other words, can I just walk in, go to receive gift and such and get the Pikachu today without actually interacting with any employees?

Seems like when I've gone to TRU before I've had to get them to do something for me, but I can't really remember.

[quote name='icedrake523']I looked on Serebii, the PalPark type thing you're describing is the Transfer Machine. Only the events (shiny beasts, Celebi) go through it.[/QUOTE]
That was kinda the point to my explanation, since it's related to this thread. :p

[quote name='Monroeski']Does the TRU download work like the Gamestop download? In other words, can I just walk in, go to receive gift and such and get the Pikachu today without actually interacting with any employees?

Seems like when I've gone to TRU before I've had to get them to do something for me, but I can't really remember.[/QUOTE]
It's the same thing. The problem is getting them to actually keep their distributing DS on in order for people to receive the event Pokemon (Pikachu in this case).

[quote name='Monroeski']Does the TRU download work like the Gamestop download? In other words, can I just walk in, go to receive gift and such and get the Pikachu today without actually interacting with any employees?

Seems like when I've gone to TRU before I've had to get them to do something for me, but I can't really remember.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it works the same, if the TRU follows the rules that is. We have never had a problem with them though. We do not even need to go in the store, we can just pull up alongside the video game dept wall in our car and connect to get the Pokemon.

I remember back when you had to link up with a TRU employee and stand in line, that just sucked big time. Thank god for wireless technology

Any news on a gamestop pre-order bonus for Pokemon Black/White? I tried googling but only came up with a TRU pre-order bonus of wall clings.

[quote name='Tsukento']That was kinda the point to my explanation, since it's related to this thread. :p[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I got it now. My reading comprehension isn't that great at 3am.

Wait, so people will have to have a 2nd DS in order to transfer it over? I guess it makes sense, but there will a lot of unhappy kids/parents who don't have two DSs.

[quote name='TheShepherdSauce']Any news on a gamestop pre-order bonus for Pokemon Black/White? I tried googling but only came up with a TRU pre-order bonus of wall clings.[/QUOTE]

You get to pay tax on a gutted copy

[quote name='io']Thanks, we were there but the bottom screen is blank - nothing to click on. The TRU dude just helped us though - you have to hit A to get the submenu to pop up with the "trash" option. Wow, what a freaking clunky interface. You'd think after all these years it would be more intuitive![/QUOTE]

Not only that, the three wonder card limit is kinda ridiculous. Game Freak knows there's going to be more than 3 Pokemon events. I should hope this will eventually be streamlined in B/W or the 3DS games.

[quote name='DQT']Not only that, the three wonder card limit is kinda ridiculous. Game Freak knows there's going to be more than 3 Pokemon events. I should hope this will eventually be streamlined in B/W or the 3DS games.[/QUOTE]

Black and White carts can hold up to 12 wondercards at once. Although I really don't mind the 3 wondercard limit. If I'm not using a pikatimer, I'll just go pick up the item right away and delete the wondercard the next time I login.

There's no benefit to having them after you get the item anyways.

[quote name='steve nash']got mines at the poketour this weekend[/QUOTE]
3 hours away is too far for me.

I'm not even sure yet. I'm gonna hop into a GS later today to pick up my Dragon Quest Preorder and I'll try to get the details then. But I've read two different things so far on the web:

1. The Celebi is a preorder bonus. You can only obtain it by presenting a certain preorder card in store and they'll then allow you to download it. This was apparently done/being done in another country as well.
  2. The Celebi is not a preorder bonus. And anybody can download it at will.

Either way, I'm still going through TRU for my copies of the game. And if the Celebi does turn out to be a preorder bonus, forget it. People will probably hand it out for free on trade boards like gamefaq out of spite/kindness.

[quote name='RabbitSuit']I'm not even sure yet. I'm gonna hop into a GS later today to pick up my Dragon Quest Preorder and I'll try to get the details then. But I've read two different things so far on the web:

1. The Celebi is a preorder bonus. You can only obtain it by presenting a certain preorder card in store and they'll then allow you to download it. This was apparently done/being done in another country as well.
  2. The Celebi is not a preorder bonus. And anybody can download it at will.

Either way, I'm still going through TRU for my copies of the game. And if the Celebi does turn out to be a preorder bonus, forget it. People will probably hand it out for free on trade boards like gamefaq out of spite/kindness.[/QUOTE]
It's not supposed to be a pre-order bonus at all. Immediately leave any store that is using it as a method to get you to buy something to obtain what is listed as a free giveaway and head to a different one. If you don't have that option, let corporate know.

[quote name='Tsukento']It's not supposed to be a pre-order bonus at all. Immediately leave any store that is using it as a method to get you to buy something to obtain what is listed as a free giveaway and head to a different one. If you don't have that option, let corporate know.[/QUOTE]
So its just another distribution from gamestop?

[quote name='Tsukento']It's not supposed to be a pre-order bonus at all. Immediately leave any store that is using it as a method to get you to buy something to obtain what is listed as a free giveaway and head to a different one. If you don't have that option, let corporate know.[/QUOTE]

That's good. Somebody should change the CAG Announcement that says otherwise.

Anyways, I went into Gamestop and asked them about it. The one I linger around has the DM pop in a lot so they try to keep up to date with things, but they knew nothing about it x.x

[quote name='Bloomy']Bit off-topic, but a Jirachi distribution cart surfaced on eBay. That Buy-It-Now is crazy.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120683465853

Especially considering what he paid for it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170600208126

Whether he's serious or not about getting offers "around $500", I do know he has turned down $150.[/QUOTE]

...I would have fought tooth and nail for it if I had known it was up.

Yeah, there were some locations forcing pre-orders in order to get the Legendary Trio when they're supposed to be free. All Pokemon distributions via any form of Wi-Fi (wireless or Nintendo WFC) are supposed to be free.

[quote name='MXRider']Are there any preorder bonuses on Black & White or any deals?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='meerkatgamer']TRU gives a wall cling for pre order

Bestbuy has this Earn 500 points $10 value with pre order and purchase of pokemon black or pokemon white
Walmart.com has this Purchase the Pokemon Black Prima Strategy Guide with this bundle and receive 25% off the cover price!![/QUOTE]

I believe target is offering a 5dollar giftcard. But I'd need to double check on that.

bread's done
Back