Download Shiny Beasts, Celebi at GameStop, Ash's Pikachu @ Toys R Us, Victini via WFC

Drclaw411

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Free shiny versions of the three Pokemon (also with special moves) will be available in the new year at GameStop. Raikou from Jan 3-9, Entei from Jan 17-23, and Suicune from Jan 31-Feb 6. In addition, Toys R Us will be distributing Ash's Pikachu from Jan 30-Feb 13. Then, GameStop will again be offering another download (non-shiny Celebi) from Feb 21-March 6.

Celebi can also be had at the Pokemon Mall Tour, and the Legendary Beasts are currently being redistributed over NWFC.

Via Nintendo WiFi connection (yay for not having to go to a store), the first DLC for Pokemon Black & White will be made available in the form of the new psychic & fire type Pokemon, Victini. You will not be able to download Victini directly. It will be an item called a "Liberty Pass" that you'll be able to download via Nintendo WiFi connection, and this item will eventually trigger the unlocking of Victini in the game. The Liberty Pass will be available for download from March 6th-April 10th.

Beasts: http://www.pokemongoldsilver.com/us/#/news/trio/

Ash's Pikachu: http://www.toysrus.com/shop/index.jsp?categoryId=4311963

Celebi: http://www.pokemongoldsilver.com/us/#/news/celebi/

Victini: http://www.pokemonblackwhite.com/en-us/pokemon/special-encounters/

Also, something to note for those who plan on transfering:

[quote name='a_dirty_Shisno']There are two methods to migrate Pokemon from Diamond, Peal, Platinum, Heart Gold, and Soul Silver to Black and White: The PokeTransfer (http://serebii.net/blackwhite/pokeshifter.shtml) and the Transfer Machine (http://serebii.net/blackwhite/transfermachine.shtml). The PokeTransfer is use to migrate all of your regular Pokemon to Black and White and is accessible only after completing the game. The Transfer Machine is used for migrating the Event Pokemon Raikou, Entei, Suicune, and Celebi and is available only after telling a special phrase to a character in Castelia City.

If you transfer the Event Rikou, Entei, Suicune, or Celebi through the PokeTransfer they will NOT unlock the Zorua and Zoroark Events.[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='strangelove']do you have to have a dsi or can you just download it to the cartridge.[/QUOTE]

Just need any Generation IV cart (HG, SS, Platinum, Pearl, Diamond)

[quote name='strangelove']do you have to have a dsi or can you just download it to the cartridge.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='A Happy Panda']Just need any Generation IV cart (HG, SS, Platinum, Pearl, Diamond)[/QUOTE]

...and yes, you need to bring in a DS or DSi and have the game running to get the pokemon. The pokemon gets sent to your game over a wireless connection, so you can't just give them your cart to download the pokemon.

[quote name='mogamer']Have you actually gone to a store yet and try it? I find it hard to believe that more than one store in your area has problems. Maybe the sales clerk was trying to screw with you?[/QUOTE]

I did and he said that the other two stores by me had the same problem. Not quite sure what the deal is honestly.

[quote name='Vulcan2422']I did and he said that the other two stores by me had the same problem. Not quite sure what the deal is honestly.[/QUOTE]

Your store employees are the deal. They're morons. The cart is easy to use. Turn on the DS, boot up the cart, done. The DS itself becomes an access point (ad-hoc) and distributes the signal to all devices in range.

The problem with it not working is most likely in their DS. It's probably one from their litter of DS' sitting there, and the internal clock is off. Tell them to check the date/time on the DS and I bet they solve the problem instantly.

[quote name='realskillz']I love pokemon but I would be way too embaressed going to gamestop to get shinies being the only 20 year old guy still playing pokemon.[/QUOTE]
I'm 25...lol...as are a few friends, Parking Lot ftw...lol
Though earlier I just browsed through the Store as I DLed Raikou, Quick and Easy :3

If your gamestop people are nice enough to change the date you can get all 4 pokemons

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='RawrrSlayer']I'm 25...lol...as are a few friends, Parking Lot ftw...lol
Though earlier I just browsed through the Store as I DLed Raikou, Quick and Easy :3[/QUOTE]

27 here....got it in the parking lot going home from work. full grown man in a suit sitting in his truck downloading pokemon.

maybe i should re evaluate my life.

nah.

[quote name='DesertLeo']27 here....got it in the parking lot going home from work. full grown man in a suit sitting in his truck downloading pokemon.

maybe i should re evaluate my life.

nah.[/QUOTE]

not as bad, but 24 walking home from the bus stop in dress shirt and pants. i cut through a small shopping center on my walk, and there is a gamestop there. i had to walk about 10 feet out of my way to get in range of the stores wifi (i was still like 5 small shops away from it). i ended up standing in front of a daycare center to download it.

and im going to be doing it 3 more times in the coming weeks lol

So it's a wi-fi download?

In reading this thread earlier I was seeing something about a cartridge, but I guess that's for the employees to allow this.

It's hard for me because even bringing my DS out is hard for me. I hide my gaming habits extremely well because none of my friends game at all and I aim to keep it pretty well hidden so I don't get shit on every time I see them.

EDIT: It's wireless. Ignore those posts. No idea where the cart thing came from.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']It's hard for me because even bringing my DS out is hard for me. I hide my gaming habits extremely well because none of my friends game at all and I aim to keep it pretty well hidden so I don't get shit on every time I see them.

EDIT: It's wireless. Ignore those posts. No idea where the cart thing came from.[/QUOTE]

who gets ripped on for gaming

[quote name='Raccoon2117']So it's a wi-fi download?

In reading this thread earlier I was seeing something about a cartridge, but I guess that's for the employees to allow this.[/QUOTE]

It's local wireless in / near the store. The stores received a special DS cart from Nintendo that broadcasts the event signal using a regular DS.

Hi, would anyone be able to get an extra raikou for me? I don't have my copy of heartgold yet (It's coming in the mail) but by the time I get it, he won't be available... and hes my favorite out of the three of course haha... if someone could do that, that'd be awesome. we can trade over here once I get my online friend code!

[quote name='rockinroller91']Hi, would anyone be able to get an extra raikou for me? I don't have my copy of heartgold yet (It's coming in the mail) but by the time I get it, he won't be available... and hes my favorite out of the three of course haha... if someone could do that, that'd be awesome. we can trade over here once I get my online friend code![/QUOTE]
You can't get extras, it's one per save file (cart)

[quote name='Jaysonguy']You can't get extras, it's one per save file (cart)[/QUOTE]
well people are getting it on different games like getting one on pearl, diamond, and so on... if someone would trade one of those I'd appreciate it... unless they really need one for each game they have...

So dunno if this has been discussed yet or not BUT

If you havent caught the trio already in your pokemon game and you get the shiny's from GS, you wont be able to catch the regular in the game. I discovered this once I went to the burned tower and noticed only Suicune and Entei show up on my map. Raikou is no where to be found.

Kinda sucks :whistle2:/

[quote name='Lt Dan']So dunno if this has been discussed yet or not BUT

If you havent caught the trio already in your pokemon game and you get the shiny's from GS, you wont be able to catch the regular in the game. I discovered this once I went to the burned tower and noticed only Suicune and Entei show up on my map. Raikou is no where to be found.

Kinda sucks :whistle2:/[/QUOTE]

That hurts. I just picked up HG and SS today and I know I won't have much time to play before the shiny Raikou's gone.

As a positive, you don't have to go chasing them around. ;)

[quote name='Raccoon2117']As a positive, you don't have to go chasing them around. ;)[/QUOTE]

Where's the fun in that?

Question: If I'm really just looking to get Zoroark out of this, could I just skip the shiny beasts and get the Celebi so I can catch Zorua? Sorry if it's a dumb question, I've been out of the loop on Pokemon since Yellow.

Got my shiny Raikou today. Strolled in with my girlfriend and we pulled out our DS's and downloaded for three games. Wasn't ashamed at all walking in (21). :) Thanks OP! Also the gamestop guy was nonstop talking to us about pokemon, EV's, and IV's.

You realize he can be in Kanto right? The legendary beasts to go to Kanto and mt. silver. Did you check the Kanto map as well?

I caught my Raikou outside of veridian city. I also notice that they don't show up on the map unless you are in the region they are located for some reason. So that may be the case for you.

Wish they did this a few months sooner. I hunted Entei and Raikou down a while back to beef up my team before the Elite 4 and man...that was not fun. Was tempted to use a Master Ball on one of them but figured the LV. 70 Mewtwo would be an even bigger hassle so I saved it. Such a relief when they finally went into the dusk balls.

[quote name='pstriple']Wish they did this a few months sooner. I hunted Entei and Raikou down a while back to beef up my team before the Elite 4 and man...that was not fun. Was tempted to use a Master Ball on one of them but figured the LV. 70 Mewtwo would be an even bigger hassle so I saved it. Such a relief when they finally went into the dusk balls.[/QUOTE]

The Masterball was meant for the legendary trio. mewtwo is very easy to catch without a masterball.

Honestly id prefer the event one anyway. Shinys you dont have to chase around in cherish balls > non shinys you have to chase around and use either a master ball or thousands of dollars worth of other pokeballs on

[quote name='Drclaw411']Honestly id prefer the event one anyway. Shinys you dont have to chase around in cherish balls > non shinys you have to chase around and use either a master ball or thousands of dollars worth of other pokeballs on[/QUOTE]

Except two of these shinies have hindering natures.

[quote name='Ray5555']The Masterball was meant for the legendary trio. mewtwo is very easy to catch without a masterball.[/QUOTE]

Maybe, but from what I remember from Fire Red (I think that was the game), Mewtwo was an absolute pain to catch no matter what Pokeball I tried so I figured I'd save myself the hassle this time. I must be some sort of masochist though, going after the Legendaries in these games are just so tedious.

[quote name='Nohbdy']Except two of these shinies have hindering natures.[/QUOTE]

meh, i play more in the style of a trainer than a breeder. i dont pay attention to natures really. any pokemon can be used effectively if you train it right.

[quote name='pstriple']Maybe, but from what I remember from Fire Red (I think that was the game), Mewtwo was an absolute pain to catch no matter what Pokeball I tried so I figured I'd save myself the hassle this time. I must be some sort of masochist though, going after the Legendaries in these games are just so tedious.[/QUOTE]

That is what I did in the original Gold and silver games. I used my masterball on ho-oh so I had to catch the other legendaries with ultra balls. Thank god for gengar and his hypnosis.

out of curiosity...would you prefer Nintendo change the way they do their Pokemon DLC? Last year they did indeed do one (Pikachu colored Pichu) that we didnt need to go to a store for, but for the most part, they make you go somewhere. More than likely gamestop, tru, etc pay Nintendo for the exclusivity as it brings people into their stores.

So would you prefer Nintendo instead still offer the occasional free download either anywhere or in store, but for the most part offer downloads available for a small charge (1-2 bucks for per character) in their pokemon games? They might be much more inclined to offer these more often if they did it this way, although it would also take away the exlcusivity as most pay DLC stays available for quite some time.

just wondering what everyone's opinion is

I'll call and ask today for them to change the date to see if that fixes it. If it makes you guys feel better, 27 year old going into a store with a pink DS. Can't complain, my wife got it off craigslist for $25 bucks for a christmas present for me. I said I didn't care what color. :D

shit, I'm almost 32 and can't wait to get these. might have to drive to GS this weekend to get hte first one (hadn't planned on going all the way back into town this weekend). The idea of getting a free pokemon in B&W makes me psyched.

[quote name='Drclaw411']out of curiosity...would you prefer Nintendo change the way they do their Pokemon DLC? Last year they did indeed do one (Pikachu colored Pichu) that we didnt need to go to a store for, but for the most part, they make you go somewhere. More than likely gamestop, tru, etc pay Nintendo for the exclusivity as it brings people into their stores.

So would you prefer Nintendo instead still offer the occasional free download either anywhere or in store, but for the most part offer downloads available for a small charge (1-2 bucks for per character) in their pokemon games? They might be much more inclined to offer these more often if they did it this way, although it would also take away the exlcusivity as most pay DLC stays available for quite some time.

just wondering what everyone's opinion is[/QUOTE]

I just would like the same dl's they give out in Japan. That isn't too much to ask. Especially since Nintendo now gives away Pokemon over their WiFi network. I just don't really understand why NOA screws over their US customers that way. Oh, and I also would like to get Manphy without having to buy one of those stupid Ranger games. I like playing Pokemon, but I do draw the line there.

I wouldn't pay for a special Pokemon. And I don't think Nintendo would sell them either. That would give some people an unfair advantage and I'm sure Nintendo doesn't want that kind of image for one of their top franchises.

My game stop's are freaking idiots. One said "What will setting the date on the DS do anyways?" of course the other one I called said, It's only a Preorder special. :facepalm:

[quote name='Vulcan2422']My game stop's are freaking idiots. One said "What will setting the date on the DS do anyways?" of course the other one I called said, It's only a Preorder special. :facepalm:[/QUOTE]

I went in with my girlfriend (who is addicted to pokemon...well it's better than crack lol) and they said "it's a preorder bonus, you need to preorder black or white to get it." I said thanks but no thanks, and we got it from the car in the parking lot.

Customer service at Gamestop blows.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']It's hard for me because even bringing my DS out is hard for me. I hide my gaming habits extremely well because none of my friends game at all and I aim to keep it pretty well hidden so I don't get shit on every time I see them.

EDIT: It's wireless. Ignore those posts. No idea where the cart thing came from.[/QUOTE]

PROTIP: be yourself

I let my friend use my pokemon game for his vacation. Can I still download the pokemon from gamestop or tru without the cartridge?

[quote name='ryosnk']I let my friend use my pokemon game for his vacation. Can I still download the pokemon from gamestop or tru without the cartridge?[/QUOTE]

how would this be possible

Okay my Heart Gold says I can't accept the Gamestop Raiku because I'm out of wonder cards. What the fuck is that supposed to mean? All my other carts worked no problem. Any thoughts?

[quote name='Vulcan2422']My game stop's are freaking idiots. One said "What will setting the date on the DS do anyways?" of course the other one I called said, It's only a Preorder special. :facepalm:[/QUOTE]

A lot of stores try this tact, but this is not true.

You do not need to pre-order to download. Just go to one of the other millions of Gamestops and just start downloading at the DS download station.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Okay my Heart Gold says I can't accept the Gamestop Raiku because I'm out of wonder cards. What the fuck is that supposed to mean? All my other carts worked no problem. Any thoughts?[/QUOTE]

Delete your wonder cards in order to DL another Pokemon. There are only 3 slots, and after you DL you Pokemon and save, the wondercards are of no value.

[quote name='ryheeles']any confirmation on the shiny beasts preventing you from catching the regulars in the game?[/QUOTE]

I can only confirm that in past titles having a Pokemon of any type does not prevent you from obtaining it in game via a battle or via an event like this. I am confident that this has not changed.

Finally got it at the 3rd gamestop in my area.

First two would only turn it on if I was going to pre-order B/W.

Told them no thanks and moved on.

Finally at the 3rd gamestop I got it done. Did it from my car too even though I would have gone inside if I had to.

I got the Raikou and the roaming Raikou in my game is still available. Getting your shiny beast through this event has NO effect on getting the roaming one you can find in game.

Can't wait for the next one! :)

[quote name='donssword']
Delete your wonder cards in order to DL another Pokemon. There are only 3 slots, and after you DL you Pokemon and save, the wondercards are of no value.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Now I just have to drag my arse back to Gamestop and do it again before the event is over.

[quote name='donssword']
Delete your wonder cards in order to DL another Pokemon. There are only 3 slots, and after you DL you Pokemon and save, the wondercards are of no value.
[/QUOTE]

like donssword said, click on "check card" on the mystery gift menu and then you will have three wonder cards from previous events. choose one of the wonder cards and click "trash". this will free up one of your 3 wonder card spots. once you trash one (or you can trash two of them or all of them) you can now download raikou.

thanks hoofrog and silkysmooth for the good news! I'll head out later today to get Raikou. Hopefully they won't try to pull the preorder BS on me.

so what exactly do i do on my ds to get the pokemon? is it in the ds main menu or in the pokemon menu? or do i have to go to a certain place in the game to initiate the transfer? i'm a noob

bread's done
Back