Download Shiny Beasts, Celebi at GameStop, Ash's Pikachu @ Toys R Us, Victini via WFC

Drclaw411

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Free shiny versions of the three Pokemon (also with special moves) will be available in the new year at GameStop. Raikou from Jan 3-9, Entei from Jan 17-23, and Suicune from Jan 31-Feb 6. In addition, Toys R Us will be distributing Ash's Pikachu from Jan 30-Feb 13. Then, GameStop will again be offering another download (non-shiny Celebi) from Feb 21-March 6.

Celebi can also be had at the Pokemon Mall Tour, and the Legendary Beasts are currently being redistributed over NWFC.

Via Nintendo WiFi connection (yay for not having to go to a store), the first DLC for Pokemon Black & White will be made available in the form of the new psychic & fire type Pokemon, Victini. You will not be able to download Victini directly. It will be an item called a "Liberty Pass" that you'll be able to download via Nintendo WiFi connection, and this item will eventually trigger the unlocking of Victini in the game. The Liberty Pass will be available for download from March 6th-April 10th.

Beasts: http://www.pokemongoldsilver.com/us/#/news/trio/

Ash's Pikachu: http://www.toysrus.com/shop/index.jsp?categoryId=4311963

Celebi: http://www.pokemongoldsilver.com/us/#/news/celebi/

Victini: http://www.pokemonblackwhite.com/en-us/pokemon/special-encounters/

Also, something to note for those who plan on transfering:

[quote name='a_dirty_Shisno']There are two methods to migrate Pokemon from Diamond, Peal, Platinum, Heart Gold, and Soul Silver to Black and White: The PokeTransfer (http://serebii.net/blackwhite/pokeshifter.shtml) and the Transfer Machine (http://serebii.net/blackwhite/transfermachine.shtml). The PokeTransfer is use to migrate all of your regular Pokemon to Black and White and is accessible only after completing the game. The Transfer Machine is used for migrating the Event Pokemon Raikou, Entei, Suicune, and Celebi and is available only after telling a special phrase to a character in Castelia City.

If you transfer the Event Rikou, Entei, Suicune, or Celebi through the PokeTransfer they will NOT unlock the Zorua and Zoroark Events.[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Kaiser499']The ploy, it's working![/QUOTE]
Yeah it is :(. Although the stuff I bought was either guides 50% off or in the case of DQ5, something I was buying with a GC.

I bet the GS people can't wait till their next offering. They'll probably have something in the store that I've been looking for and I'll impulse buy it.

Gah, I'll end up having spent enough on this crap to have broken even on the PUR card...

Just picked up Entei this morning (conveniently from the parking lot in a warm truck) for HeartGold. Missed out on Raikou but will try and talk to a GS employee into changing dates later this week.

You guys do know that they're all the same cart right? My friend works at gamestop, and I literally just change the date on my DS and it changes pokemon. The Celebi event at the end of February is a new cart however, so that won't work.

@Big Matty, your almost right. The Celebi is on that distro cart that GS currently has. The date on the distributing DS is what needs to be changed. NOT on the receiving DS. Apparently nobody reads the posts I make, because I've stated this several times now.

[quote name='Big Matty Kane']You guys do know that they're all the same cart right? My friend works at gamestop, and I literally just change the date on my DS and it changes pokemon. The Celebi event at the end of February is a new cart however, so that won't work.[/QUOTE]
Yeah I do, although since I wasn't the only person there trying to download them, and the workers were let's be nice and just call them a bit slow, I didn't want to try my luck.

The GameStop across from me just keeps the DS plugged in and left on at all times, even when they're long closed. Luckily, it's also right next to a Walgreens. So it makes my midnight snack runs even better. Picked up two Raikou and two Entei.

Though I'm not liking the fact that Nintendo is going to go with Toys R Us again for a distribution. I mean, really. At least with GS, you don't have to go very far. They're like cockroaches; they're everywhere. TRU is a bitch and a half to get to these days. God help you if anyone under the age of 60 actually works in the video games section and knows how to turn on a DS.

Anyone pick up an extra Entei? I have an extra shiny Raikou to trade. It completely slipped my mind and forgot to go pick this up. I'm not positive on this one, but I may have an extra event Jirachi if you want instead.
Friend code: 4338 8957 7293

Wait, you can pick up more than one of a Pokemon?

Also, with the time thing - I thought the DS with the cart in it (in GS) had to have its clock changed. That's what people were saying a few weeks ago. Now it seems you can change the clock in your own DS to get some of the later ones?

OK, I see the more recent posts saying the distributing (GS) DS needs to have its clock changed. That's what I thought originally. But I swear other people said they changed their own clock and got them.

Pokemons make my head hurt (as I said before, I know nothing about them but I'm trying to help my son, who is also new to Pokemon, get these things).

^ You can pick up more than one if you have more than one game. For example, I have a Pearl Version, Platinum Version and HeartGold version, so I can technically pick up 3 if I wanted to, 1 on each game. Not that I want to, these dogs all have the wrong natures except Entei, but the option is there

[quote name='ithebigc']^ You can pick up more than one if you have more than one game. For example, I have a Pearl Version, Platinum Version and HeartGold version, so I can technically pick up 3 if I wanted to, 1 on each game. Not that I want to, these dogs all have the wrong natures except Entei, but the option is there[/QUOTE]

Ah, OK. I was wondering because people were talking about trading them. I'd get him more than 1 if he could trade them for other things but since this is all on one game cart then I guess that won't work.

I do have a Platinum cart floating around somewhere, though. I could use that to get extras I suppose. I had gotten that for my son originally, but when Best Buy had that $19.99 deal on HeartGold I couldn't pass that up so that's what he's playing now.

So, when you trade Pokemon do they actually disappear from your game? It seems like that would make it very hard to collect them all. I suppose you can send the extra copy from your other game to your newer game then?

Edit: Oh, I just though of something. I have no idea how far along the game is in the Pokemon Platinum that I picked up (it was used). But can I just send all the Pokemon from that game to my son's game in HeartGold? Or does it have to be 1-for-1 trades?

[quote name='io']Ah, OK. I was wondering because people were talking about trading them. I'd get him more than 1 if he could trade them for other things but since this is all on one game cart then I guess that won't work.

I do have a Platinum cart floating around somewhere, though. I could use that to get extras I suppose. I had gotten that for my son originally, but when Best Buy had that $19.99 deal on HeartGold I couldn't pass that up so that's what he's playing now.

So, when you trade Pokemon do they actually disappear from your game? It seems like that would make it very hard to collect them all. I suppose you can send the extra copy from your other game to your newer game then?

Edit: Oh, I just though of something. I have no idea how far along the game is in the Pokemon Platinum that I picked up (it was used). But can I just send all the Pokemon from that game to my son's game in HeartGold? Or does it have to be 1-for-1 trades?[/QUOTE]

They are gone, but every species you've seen or owned is recorded in the Pokedex, which is what counts as "catching them all".

You can't send Pokemon except from GBA games to DS games, or from older DS games to Black/White versions.

we only need one of them to make zoroark appear in black and white, right? i missed out on entei because i sprained my ankle last week.

i have two raikous if anyone would be nice enough to trade an extra entei to me

[quote name='Big Matty Kane']You guys do know that they're all the same cart right? My friend works at gamestop, and I literally just change the date on my DS and it changes pokemon. The Celebi event at the end of February is a new cart however, so that won't work.[/QUOTE]

I didn't know that, actually. That's great news b/c I wasn't able to get to our local GS during the second (just ended) event. When I go for the third, I'll just change the date and grab the second one. Thanks!

Do you know if there are any other event pokemon on this cart?

[quote name='io']Ah, OK. I was wondering because people were talking about trading them. I'd get him more than 1 if he could trade them for other things but since this is all on one game cart then I guess that won't work.

Edit: Oh, I just though of something. I have no idea how far along the game is in the Pokemon Platinum that I picked up (it was used). But can I just send all the Pokemon from that game to my son's game in HeartGold? Or does it have to be 1-for-1 trades?[/QUOTE]

It has to be 1-for-1, so it can take FOREVER. But the best thing to do here is just trade a bunch of useless Pokemon for the ones you actually want to keep on the HG cart.

[quote name='blackwaltz34']we only need one of them to make zoroark appear in black and white, right? i missed out on entei because i sprained my ankle last week.

i have two raikous if anyone would be nice enough to trade an extra entei to me[/QUOTE]

I think you need all 3. You should be able to find someone to trade with on this thread, otherwise I suspect they'll all be available via personal DNS servers relatively soon.

EDIT: You only need 1.

[quote name='bitzer']I didn't know that, actually. That's great news b/c I wasn't able to get to our local GS during the second (just ended) event. When I go for the third, I'll just change the date and grab the second one. Thanks!

Do you know if there are any other event pokemon on this cart?[/QUOTE]

You may want to rethink that strategy. This WILL NOT work, plain and simple. I don't know how much more cut and dry this needs to be.

I will state it again for those that don't understand.

The date on the Distributing DS is what needs to be changed, NOT on the Receiving DS.

If you can get your local GameStop employee to modify the date on their DS you may be able to get the Pokemon you missed. If not, you're S.O.L. They may eventually be on that Wi-Fi DS distribution that was posted a few pages back but unless you can get your GS to do it, you wont get it any other way.

[quote name='blackwaltz34']we only need one of them to make zoroark appear in black and white, right? i missed out on entei because i sprained my ankle last week.[/QUOTE]

Only one of them was needed to get Zoroark in the Japanese B/W. It's assumed, but not confirmed, that will be the same in other regions.

They will all be available again over WFC next month for a European release.

http://www.pokemongoldsilver.com/uk/#/news/trio/

Even though that is the UK site, the events work off the cart's language. So the UK release can also be accessed by English language carts in the US, Canada, Australia or anywhere. That's how it worked last year when Jirachi and a shiny Pichu were given out at US Gamestops, then made available later for WFC for a European release. If you receive one of the events from Gamestop, however, you most likely won't be able to get the same Pokemon again over WFC. Nintendo will probably set them to have the same event ID as the Gamestop ones.

[quote name='EndlessChris']Damnit, missed Entei and now I'm sad. Any way to get this guy or will I have to trade later?[/QUOTE]

If your friendly with a Gamestop clerk, all they have to do is set the date on their transmitting DS to a date in the range for whatever Poke you missed.

Gamefaq boards are raving with people who will give you almost any pokemon you want including the giveaways.

They could just clone you one.

For the love of god, I have no idea why it should matter to us (the downloaders) as to whether or not these downloads are on the same cart. MOST of us do not have friends who work at Gamestop. All this talk is doing is confusing people.

Come to the old abandoned wheelchair factory down by the dried out riverbank Thursday night I gotsta shiny Shigumajui Pokemans for ya. Come Alone.

I was able to get Raikou today at a nearby GameStop. I just asked the cashier nicely and that's it. No hassles. No prerequisite BS. Looking forward to DLing Suicune and the others next.

If you're too ashamed to go in and download this, you have no spine whatsoever.

Get some confidence. Pokemon's the highest selling game franchise out there, behind Mario. How can anyone make fun of you for liking something that basically everyone else likes?

Seriously. Grow up, get that yellow stripe off of your back, and go grab these things. The vast majority of Pokemon players are 18+. Don't believe me? Go to ANY tournament. :cool:

Do you have to go in and get it or you can just sit outside and connect to the wifi and get it right?

[quote name='MXRider']Do you have to go in and get it or you can just sit outside and connect to the wifi and get it right?[/QUOTE]

Was wondering the same thing will it work from the parking lot?

[quote name='miriamleo']Can you still DL Entei even though the date is over?[/QUOTE]

Sure, you just go in and ask the GS employee nicely to change the date on his/her DS (not yours). If that GS employee gives you any grief, just go to another GS.

[quote name='MXRider']Do you have to go in and get it or you can just sit outside and connect to the wifi and get it right?[/QUOTE]
It will depend on how far the range of the DS in the store reaches.

This isn't WiFi over a router. It's over the Nintendo WiFi Connection between the transmitting DS and the receiving DS. If you're within say 75-100 feet max you'll have little trouble.

[quote name='Altanis']What level was the Pikachu? Was it 30 like the legendary dogs?[/QUOTE]
According to my sources, it's level 50.

Did TRU giveaway anything like posters, stickers etc. for the event?

I went to my TRU today and the Pikachu download wasn't working at all. There were several other people there as well and all the electronics employee said was that it wasn't working. So it was basically just a waste of time for me going over there today.

Didn't know about the Pikachu, I'll have to try and make my way down for one of those, nearest one is about 90 minutes from my house, so it'll have to be on a day when there's enough of a reason to swing by. Anyone know if they shut off the DS systems or can I swing by after hours and give it a shot?

Did pick up Suicune today. When I called my local GS to check availability for a DS game, he knew who I was and quickly said "the Pokemon download is active now" before I asked about the game. Oh, a day earlier? Went there and didn't get any gift. He realized he goofed up and changed the date on the transmitting DS a day ahead. Got it.

If not already answered here, Suicune's nature is Relaxed.

You're right. Usually the natures are random since people will soft reset to get desire natures. I still haven't picked up my Mew from October.

I picked up 2 ash's pikachu's today. Lvl 50 off the bat, nice!

I wonder if you breed em if they keep the stats and movesets?

bread's done
Back