Downloading PS2 Save Files

Rodimus

CAGiversary!
Feedback
183 (100%)
I've seen gamfaqs and other sites have a section for downloading PS2 save files. I was curious what kind of hardware I need.

Thanks in advance.

Action Replay, Action Replay Max, Codebreaker, Gameshark, XPort

Any of these will do as you can convert a save to any of these formats using PS2 Save Builder.

Any of those you recommend over the other on terms of reliability & price?

I saw a Action Replay Max on eBay for $20 so I was thinking about going with that.

it depends on site some have Action Replay,gameshark, or others. i downloaded many files from gamefaqs and others

[quote name='Rodimus']Any of those you recommend over the other on terms of reliability & price?

I saw a Action Replay Max on eBay for $20 so I was thinking about going with that.[/QUOTE]

I use an AR Max and have never had any problems. There is a version that comes with an AR Max-branded USB drive, but I've used a generic drive with no problems.

[quote name='Rodimus']And the AR Max will work with my slim model PS2 no problem?[/QUOTE]

I use mine on the Slim with no issues.

One thing to make note of though. If you ger the AR MAX without the USB thumb drive, you need a SMALL size thumb drive so the PS2 will recognize it.

The drive that comes with the AR MAX is like 16mb, and it works. I have a 2GB drive I bought and it does NOT work. It's too big for the PS2 to recognize.

My friend lent me a 128mb drive and that works.

So somewhere between 128mb and 2gb theres is a size cap and the PS2 will not recognize USB drives bigger than that.

[quote name='Puffa469']I use mine on the Slim with no issues.

One thing to make note of though. If you ger the AR MAX without the USB thumb drive, you need a SMALL size thumb drive so the PS2 will recognize it.

The drive that comes with the AR MAX is like 16mb, and it works. I have a 2GB drive I bought and it does NOT work. It's too big for the PS2 to recognize.

My friend lent me a 128mb drive and that works.

So somewhere between 128mb and 2gb theres is a size cap and the PS2 will not recognize USB drives bigger than that.[/QUOTE]

That's interesting. I use a 1GB micro SD card in a USB adapter with my PS2 and I've not had trouble yet. It seems like I've read somewhere that the limit is 1GB.

at one point they also used the DexDrive.

EDIT: After looking at some of the pages I found it seems like it was only for the PSX. I do remember another out at the same time though.

I've been thinking about getting something like this too. I came late to the PS2 party, and I currently have 1 memory card. I'm debating getting something to transfer files to/from a computer, or an extra card or two.

My question is this: do any of these work on Mac OS? I have experience with the PS1 dex drive, and with that you need to have a program on your PC; are the PS2 options like this, or do they work some other way? It sounds like at least one version runs on the PS2 and transfers to USB flash drive. Is that accurate?

Thanks!

[quote name='PseudoFinrod']Does anyone know if it is possible to transfer PS1/PS2 save files to a 60 gig PS3? Does one need the memory card adapter?[/QUOTE]

yea you need the memory card adapter

[quote name='mcelfour']My question is this: do any of these work on Mac OS? I have experience with the PS1 dex drive, and with that you need to have a program on your PC; are the PS2 options like this, or do they work some other way? It sounds like at least one version runs on the PS2 and transfers to USB flash drive. Is that accurate?

Thanks![/QUOTE]

I have a Mac and it works fine so you shouldn't have a problem. And yes you use a USB flash drive to get the files from your computer to put on your PS2. I downloaded several saves already and it works perfectly fine.

[quote name='mcelfour']I've been thinking about getting something like this too. I came late to the PS2 party, and I currently have 1 memory card. I'm debating getting something to transfer files to/from a computer, or an extra card or two.

My question is this: do any of these work on Mac OS? I have experience with the PS1 dex drive, and with that you need to have a program on your PC; are the PS2 options like this, or do they work some other way? It sounds like at least one version runs on the PS2 and transfers to USB flash drive. Is that accurate?

Thanks![/QUOTE]

The AR Max software runs on your PS2. The save files onto the thumbdrive part is just drag and drop on any pc/mac.

I had an ar max evo, but broke it because of a problem

now on the internet and stores i cant find evo anywhere.. but when i do its market at $50.. so im thinking of gettign AR max. I still have the flashdrive that came with evo.. MY FRIEND however who has ar max said there is no flash drive option in the memory manager section on the ar max.. THIS TRUE?

I've seen gamfaqs and other sites have a section for downloading PS2
signature_deepthakur.jpg
:)

bread's done
Back