Dr. Mario Online RX - Friend Codes and Discussion

Dammit - I was up to 6000 and then it got late and I got in a loop with the same three players who were much better than me an there went all those beautiful points. This looks to be a lot like Tetris, where playing earlier in the evening is a lot better for your score because only the really good players are on late at night.

Names instead of numbers are finally starting to show up on my friends list. I wonder if it has to do with the fact that I power my Wii all the way off instead of leaving it on standby.

i get my rank so high and then i keep playing until like 3 or 4 in the morning and get tired and sloppy and then drop to the bottom not cool....

I'll have to add the rest later..but again.. WHY ARE THE ONLY 2 PEOPLE SHOWING UP OKARI & WALRUS?!
Hmmm?

Did you all just lie to me and said you added me?! :cry: :cry: :cry:
After BF's done playing MLaaK, I'll hop on and add the rest. I think I ended at SnorE

OK, pirates can create .wad files of WiiWare games, so are they adept enough to edit them? I'm starting to feel like it's very important to be able to send nonsensical and irritating messages between matches.

"Thank you for the full release!"
"Don't feel bad that your fingers have herpes."
"It's easy to play when your cavities are filled!"
"Stop making drunk jokes. They're not funny."
"A commonly seen practice among many slugs is apophallation, when one or both of the slugs chews off the other's penis."
"Are you ready to give me a virtual blumpkin? Because I'm ready to get it."
"Hi! I can smell you from here!"
"You're a hooker."
"Custom messages are not clever!"
"Your Mii has nice pants."
"I'm 110% drunk!"

Go, pirates, go!

I have no idea what I'm talking about any more. I just needed to rest my eyes between matches. I also need to learn to call it a night when I start losing to Japanese names.

Please add me to the list... 8731-5180-2030

I added all on the first page list tonight.

A couple of questions as I have only played one friend so far and that was in the demo version I sent out.... which works really well.

He generated a friend code in the demo version. If he buys the full version is his code going to change? Just something I was thinking about. Maybe someone has run into this already. I am guessing "Yes" but have no real idea for sure.

Friend matches in the demo version don't effect the online rank or win totals, is that true also of full version friend matchups? ---- Figured this out by reading the game stuff (they don't effect online ranking).

Lastly, comments.... the game is well done and highly addictive online as I suspected. I may have to change my name to nuclear whipping boy as I had to work to get back to the 4900 ranking area. I am getting better but still suck.
- Love the 480p 16:9
- Wish there was a way to see regions, if there is I haven't stumbled on it in the day I have had the game.
- Eye strain after a session is a killer.... its one game that really effects me.
- Tried out Virus Buster, very cool. Found out there is no warning on low batteries when in Virus Buster. Was able to switch out batteries and recover.

I played Virus Buster tonight and really loved it. The controls make me feel like I'm using one of those large glass computer screens from Minority Report.

minority-report.jpg

If I were more talented I'd photoshop in some pills and bastard virii.

I'm also loving the Austin Powers-esque remix of Chill (or is it Fever?) for this mode.

EVERYONE (including you horrofilmkid) has been added.

HOORAY! ChibiJosh added me and ajacy ^_^ now I have 4 outta ya'll!

[quote name='lilboo']EVERYONE (including you horrofilmkid) has been added.

HOORAY! ChibiJosh added me and ajacy ^_^ now I have 4 outta ya'll![/quote]
I totally added you on day one - I can see your name on my list as of last night.

I'll add horrorfilmkid if I get to play tonight because I think he's the only one I haven't added yet.

I feel almost embarrassed to have everyone on my list because my score is going to dip below 4000 soon. I wonder if it goes negative?

[quote name='ChibiJosh']I feel almost embarrassed to have everyone on my list because my score is going to dip below 4000 soon. I wonder if it goes negative?[/QUOTE]

:rofl: I'll let you know since I'm on my there myself :(

Dr. Mario FC: 7564 0292 1425

It'll still be a while before I can add all of you, though. Wii still on the opposite end of the house and all.

I just downloaded this game. Its my first Dr.Mario game, so if there is any shitty players looking for a match, the code is in my sig :)

Once I get better, I'd love a game with everyone else!

[quote name='ChibiJosh']I feel almost embarrassed to have everyone on my list because my score is going to dip below 4000 soon. I wonder if it goes negative?[/QUOTE]

I know how you feel. I was playing against someone who was not human and made my score dip to about 4500~.

[quote name='theflicker']I played Virus Buster tonight and really loved it. The controls make me feel like I'm using one of those large glass computer screens from Minority Report.
[/QUOTE]
:shock: What game are you playing?!

I think you have a different version. :rofl:

Though my version does let me predict murders, the controls are no where close make it feel like Minority Report.

[quote name='CouRageouS']:shock: What game are you playing?!

I think you have a different version. :rofl:

Though my version does let me predict murders, the controls are no where close make it feel like Minority Report.[/QUOTE]

Do you have the Wooden Ball Engraving Chute peripheral? That's what really clinched the similarities for me. ;)

Seriously though, I love dragging the pill refuse around and making ad-hoc chains. It really makes for a different gaming experience.

So how did this translate, guys? I'd drop 500 points in a heart beat, but I'm not a HUGE Dr. Mario guy... $10 makes me hesitant.

[quote name='daroga']So how did this translate, guys? I'd drop 500 points in a heart beat, but I'm not a HUGE Dr. Mario guy... $10 makes me hesitant.[/QUOTE]

There's 2 games. Dr Mario and Virus Buster. Dr Mario IS just that. A few different modes (including online). Virus Buster is awesome. It's up to 4 players and it's the SAME concept of Dr Mario..but you use the wii remote to point and drag the falling pieces into place. Very fun IMO. This can't be played online, though :(

So it IS worth the $10..as your getting 2 games for $5 a piece ;)

[quote name='daroga']So how did this translate, guys? I'd drop 500 points in a heart beat, but I'm not a HUGE Dr. Mario guy... $10 makes me hesitant.[/QUOTE]

Virus Busters is a blast, and there are enough tweaks to make playing it feel like a different experience (you can click and drag falling blocks after they explode; you can create extra combos for more points if you're quick with your pointing and dragging). Dr. Mario is pretty much unchanged, but the multiplayer is a blast and it's a good game to jump into and out of for quick sessions, since the matches are maybe three minutes each, give or take a bit. :)

OP updated with everyone who's posted so far. I just need to add you all to my friends list now, instead of the five or six that are there at the moment.

[quote name='BlueLobstah']I know how you feel. I was playing against someone who was not human and made my score dip to about 4500~.[/QUOTE]

I don't know how you guys play, but if I get matched up with an opponent who's going to continually kick my ass time and time again, I'm not against quitting after two or three matches and trying for a new partner. I haven't had to do that often, but when you get stuck with somebody who ends up 1000 points ahead of you, that's not quite a fair matchup. :shock:

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']I don't know how you guys play, but if I get matched up with an opponent who's going to continually kick my ass time and time again, I'm not against quitting after two or three matches and trying for a new partner. I haven't had to do that often, but when you get stuck with somebody who ends up 1000 points ahead of you, that's not quite a fair matchup. :shock:[/quote]

I often will just play 2 matches before finding a new person.

[quote name='StinkyCheese']Added Gothic Walrus and Lilboo. If anyone wants me to add them, or have a game, ffeel free to ask![/quote]

I add everyone so add me.

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']Virus Busters is a blast, and there are enough tweaks to make playing it feel like a different experience (you can click and drag falling blocks after they explode; you can create extra combos for more points if you're quick with your pointing and dragging). Dr. Mario is pretty much unchanged, but the multiplayer is a blast and it's a good game to jump into and out of for quick sessions, since the matches are maybe three minutes each, give or take a bit. :)

OP updated with everyone who's posted so far. I just need to add you all to my friends list now, instead of the five or six that are there at the moment.

I don't know how you guys play, but if I get matched up with an opponent who's going to continually kick my ass time and time again, I'm not against quitting after two or three matches and trying for a new partner. I haven't had to do that often, but when you get stuck with somebody who ends up 1000 points ahead of you, that's not quite a fair matchup. :shock:[/QUOTE]

See, but I'm piss stubborn. I don't mind losing as long as I can win at least one game. Even if I'm playing against an opponent who is much, much better than me I can't stop until I beat them at least once.

That's why my score is so low.

Who you play and how many matches you play are so important to your score. If you play someone with a substantially higher score, you can afford to play more matches and lose more because your score only decreases a little. If you win even one match, the gain is great enough to more than offset all the little losses. If you play someone with approximately equal score, you can afford one or two losses, but no more than that. If you play someone with a lower score than you and lose even once, quit.

i'm assuming lilboo is chibiJ and Gothic Walrus is Paul. If you add me, I'll show up as Dr.Lobe from Brain training :D

EDIT: added everybody. PM my if your up for a match!

EDIT: whoops. ChibiJ must be ChibiJosh

So 5/17 show up on my list :lol:

Why do some people say "I added everyone on the list" and then when you add THEM.. they never show up?! :whistle2:k

[quote name='lilboo']So 5/17 show up on my list :lol:

Why do some people say "I added everyone on the list" and then when you add THEM.. they never show up?! :whistle2:k[/quote]

Yeah, that's about how many show up on my list. I'm pretty sure you have to be online at the same time in order to show up on each other's lists.

I've added everyone and only about half my list has names. If the having to both be online at the same time thing is true, this would make sense since I tend to play very late on the West coast, so any east coast players would be long gone by the time I start playing.

[quote name='lilboo']So 5/17 show up on my list :lol:

Why do some people say "I added everyone on the list" and then when you add THEM.. they never show up?! :whistle2:k[/quote]

only 2 of mine are showing up

I just decided I'm really disappointed that there wasn't a concurrent DS release of Dr. Mario that would allow me to sync my profiles and then be able to play online on either the Wii or DS against users of both systems.

[quote name='lilboo']:rofl: Cunt-Salad[/quote]
I'm going to get permanently banned from the WFC any second now between Mario Kart and Dr. Mario. I'm amazed they let that one through.

[quote name='lilboo']Have you ever got some kind of warning from any game that you go online with those Miis?[/quote]
Some of the ones I have have names that are so blatantly obscene that they don't get through the filters, but no warnings yet. Tetris DS seems to have been a lot more strict, but they may tighten up their filters as time goes on. That's OK though; I've learned to entertain myself with names that circumvent traditional "dirty" words. Keep watching for Wang Dongle or Teabag Tom to show up...

We were cracking up when I was looking at my player rankings [friends] and we're like "CUNT-SALAD?! :rofl:!!!"

Do me a favor, send a few of your finer Miis to my plaza :cool:
Next time I play Wii Fit, I would love to go running with CUNT SALAD :lol:

[quote name='lilboo']We were cracking up when I was looking at my player rankings [friends] and we're like "CUNT-SALAD?! :rofl:!!!"

Do me a favor, send a few of your finer Miis to my plaza :cool:
Next time I play Wii Fit, I would love to go running with CUNT SALAD :lol:[/quote]
Will do - those Miis are what make my Wii Fit runs keep entertaining me, as well as my Mario Kart races. I try to switch up the online ones frequently. I like to expose the world to as many of them as possible.

OK, time to go take more Dr. Mario crack. I can't stop myself. I tried Flash for the first time today and I like it a lot. It's too bad it takes so long to get a match.

question wonder if anyone can answer it for me...my name is matt on the rankings but if i change my miis name to snore will it show up snore then?

[quote name='SnorE']question wonder if anyone can answer it for me...my name is matt on the rankings but if i change my miis name to snore will it show up snore then?[/quote]
Yes.

[quote name='ChibiJosh']Yeah, that's about how many show up on my list. I'm pretty sure you have to be online at the same time in order to show up on each other's lists.[/quote]
Yeah friend codes require you to be online at the same time as your friend. I think the only exception to the rule is system codes.

bread's done
Back