Dr. Strangelove BD Digibook - 13.99 Amazon

[quote name='radioactivez0r']Serious question - how much does Blu Ray bring to a black & white movie?[/QUOTE]

as always, the difference will be more pronounced on a bigger screen, but it does bring a lot to the table, given the transfer is done well. i haven't gotten my copy yet obviously, but the reviews for this are outstanding.

i can tell you that the bd for 400 blows, also a b&w film, is amazing. the level of detail is upped exponentially and the amount of grain is faithful to the original vision. it might not look like a recent film on bd, but it stays true to the original intent of the filmmakers to a degree unseen on dvd.

hope that helps.

I recently watched Dr. Strangelove on Blu. It looks great on Blu and quite an improvement over the semi-recent remastered DVD which looks good in its own right. The Blu looks a bit more film like and the overall tones in the black and white look much more detailed. Its well worth getting the Blu.

Hmm tempted but I am really not a fan of the Digibook packaging.

I haven't bought one but always turn off from it when I see that type of packaging. Anyone have experience with them? Am I just being picky or is the packaging not a big deal.

[quote name='joshnorm']Hmm tempted but I am really not a fan of the Digibook packaging.

I haven't bought one but always turn off from it when I see that type of packaging. Anyone have experience with them? Am I just being picky or is the packaging not a big deal.[/QUOTE]

depends on how picky you are. i'm a little ocd with my collection, so from an organization standpoint, it's always weird to have packaging that sticks out. that said, i wouldn't say it's a big deal and the digibooks in and of themselves are usually pretty good. i wouldn't let it stop you from getting a movie you want at a good price.

bread's done
Back