Dr. Who series dvd....

For the last 4 boxsets I've waited till Borders sent a 40% off DVD Box Sets coupon out and got them that way (59.98 + tax apiece).

But honestly... they come up on sale very infrequently. I'd try DDD or DVDplanet right now during their 25% off sale as probably your best best. Don't be surprised if they're over $50 apiece though (they have a $100 MSRP each).

EDIT: DVDplanet has them for $57 after the 25% off coupon. Definitely the best you're gonna find this side of ebay.

I found season 2 on secondspin.com for $31 after coupon. They had season 1 for $50 or so I think. It's been a while since any have popped up on there, people don't tend to get rid of the doctor. Amazon currently has them all priced at $58.99. It's hard to find any BBC show for a cheap, or even reasonable, price... although I did find season one of Coupling in a $5 bin at a local used store.

[quote name='DarkRider23']What the fuck makes Dr. Who so great that they charge $100 MSRP for a season?[/QUOTE]

Everything....

But seriously, its just the import of the show that adds costs.

I was poking around Amazon UK earlier... if you are region-free can play Region 2 PAL DVDs they have Series 1 for ₤12.98, Series 2 for ₤16.98, Series 3 for ₤24.98, and Series 4 for ₤35.98.

The series is filmed in PAL, so there would be no speedup.

I highly suggest getting a region-free player if you like British television... you get stuff earlier and often cheaper even after ₤ to $ conversion and shipping. I am currently using a Philips that I got from Wal-Mart for $39.88 that uses a one-time remote code to unlock region-free capabilities (it also converts the PAL signal to US-friendly NTSC).

For instance I just got the deluxe boxset of The IT Crowd: Series 1-3 (packaged within 'The Internet' from Series 3) for ₤17.98 (it was like $31 shipped) whereas the DVDs released here in America would have cost me around $60.

But, uh, if you're only interested in Who, it might not be worth the trouble. :D

bread's done
Back