Dragon Age 2 CE Guide Pre-Order $20.21 at Amazon

ZxT Vendetta

CAGiversary!
Feedback
339 (100%)
Dragon Age 2 CE Guide is up for pre-order at amazon.com for $20.21! Cover price is supposed to be $34.99

http://www.amazon.com/Dragon-Age-II-Collectors-Complete/dp/0307890139/ref=pd_sim_vg_6

41sI3yXIP1L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Product Description taken from Amazon:
Exclusive to the Collector’s Edition: an additional 16 pages with a behind-the-scenes section and an artwork gallery

A dedicated Side Quests chapter presents all side missions, random encounters and all additional optional activities with a checklist to reach 100% completion

The Walkthrough features annotated area maps with step-by-step action on the left-hand page and expanded strategies and advanced tactics on the right

The Strategy & Analysis chapter focuses on high-level playing strategies and in-depth analysis of the game’s underlying mechanics.

All-encompassing Inventory chapter features exhaustive lists and tables covering: weapons, armor, accessories, special items, shops, runes, crafting, consumables and gifts

All-encompassing Bestiary chapter presents all details on: enemy ranks, locations, attributes, resistances, loot drops and more

A feature-packed Extras chapter covers every Achievement, every Trophy, every Secret and also presents a Dragon Age encyclopaedia and a story recap

Piggyback made the guide this time. That pretty much means it will be awesome cuz I personally think Piggyback makes the best guides. Also the cover looks pretty cool. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
AHHHH! I wasn't sure I even wanted to get the game but pre-orderet the Signature Edition already, now I want this guide :(

Why does everything have to come out in March! Thats the 3DS month :(

Curious if that cover is Embossed also. Would be hella awesome if it was leather bound but then it wouldn't be 23 bucks :p

Hopefully it drops in price between now and March. Already put my order in last week, but nice to see at least the cover will be up to the quality of the first CE guide. Not sure if the bonus content in this guide will live up to the bonus content of the first CE guide though.

[quote name='Hell Monkey']If only they'd offer release day delivery with this[/QUOTE]

Do they ever do that with guides, or just games?

Thanks OP

[quote name='Hell Monkey']If only they'd offer release day delivery with this[/QUOTE]Sometimes with the game guides, they'll actually show up a day before the game is released. Its happend before with a few other guides

[quote name='perdition(troy']That is a pretty good deal.

Gonna have to think about it though, I still have the CE guide from the first one sealed.[/QUOTE]

You do realize that guide is worth at least double now what you paid for it before, right? It's worth as much as most games ($60 plus range, especially sealed.)

I bought it as well. I have Dragon Age 2 Signature pre-ordered as well. Others are right about the CE guide to the first one. I have the CE of the game and guide and both are hard to find.

Collectors edition guides usually sell for 23.99 on amazon, and I already had this preordered at 23.49.

Yay, saved 40 cents already!

[quote name='Amblix']Collectors edition guides usually sell for 23.99 on amazon, and I already had this preordered at 23.49.

Yay, saved 40 cents already![/QUOTE]

Except for the first 2-4 weeks after release. They usually drop the price by a lot. Fable 3 guide hit $15 or so. I've seen other guides hit $16-$18 as well.

[quote name='nixmahn']Did they ever do a hardcover DA:1 Ultimate guide like the one for Borderlands?[/QUOTE]

No they did a hardcover/softcover book for Origins and a soft cover one for Awakening and that's it.

The Origins guide does have the two original DLC's for Origins (Stone Prisoner and Warden's Keep) in it though as those were available at launch. All the Origins guide doesn't have is Return to Ostagar, Leiliana's Song, Darkspawn Chronicles, Golems of Argamarrak, and Witch Hunt, and each of those can be played in 1-5 hours and don't really need a new guide written for them persay.

Thanks OP, didn't even realize this was up yet.

I loved the first CE guide not only for the item stats, but the terrific lore included.

Im going to compare it to the Mass Effect 2 hardcover collectors guide, being a recent bioware sequel, and thats going for less than original retail price. Its really hit or miss in terms of what becomes popular. Ill pass but good luck

[quote name='BaboonSqueezer']Im going to compare it to the Mass Effect 2 hardcover collectors guide, being a recent bioware sequel, and thats going for less than original retail price. Its really hit or miss in terms of what becomes popular. Ill pass but good luck[/QUOTE]

yeah i'm thinking this too. i think the first one sells for more because it was the first game and it was limited. this time around i think there will be many left over guides.

CE guides are hit or miss when trying to figure out future value of them.

Some of them aren't worth as much after release than before release:
MGS 4
COD MW2
COD 4

Some of them are worth a bit more after release:
Bayonetta
Fallout 3
Fallout 3 GOTY
Fable II
Dragon Age

Primarly, RPG guides tend to be the ones that increase in value after release, and it also depends on the numbers printed.

If you're looking to get this guide as an investment, think twice. It's a crapshoot guess on the future value. If you want something to go with your game that's hardbound and has additional items versus the paperbound guide, then that's why you should get it.

[quote name='shrike4242']CE guides are hit or miss when trying to figure out future value of them.

Some of them aren't worth as much after release than before release:
MGS 4
COD MW2
COD 4

Some of them are worth a bit more after release:
Bayonetta
Fallout 3
Fallout 3 GOTY
Fable II
Dragon Age

Primarly, RPG guides tend to be the ones that increase in value after release, and it also depends on the numbers printed.

If you're looking to get this guide as an investment, think twice. It's a crapshoot guess on the future value. If you want something to go with your game that's hardbound and has additional items versus the paperbound guide, then that's why you should get it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I agree. It is a total crapshoot on this going the way of the Origins' CE guide. They could print more copies of this and that alone could bring down the potential "rarity" so to speak.

Thanks. Think Ill grab one for my best friend since she loves DA so much. She beat it like 3 times and once on the hardcore mode, has all the dlc and so on. She might like this, Ill mail it as a surprise so it shows up about the time DA2 comes out.

I rarely thumb through these while playing, but I enjoy reading through them when I am not, or after I have already beat the game. I went ahead and purchased it; this will be my 9th hardcover guide (I can't bring myself to buy the paperback guides).

Thanks for letting us know it was available, OP.

Edit: Also of note, Bioware has occupied about half of my gaming time the last few years with their games, so there's that, too.

Looks like this is down to $20.21 now. Still showing up on my preorder as $20.99 through. Guess if my total does not go down by the time it ships I'll have to email/have a chat with Amazon.

[quote name='JediJames2']Looks like this is down to $20.21 now. Still showing up on my preorder as $20.99 through. Guess if my total does not go down by the time it ships I'll have to email/have a chat with Amazon.[/QUOTE]

Will change the OP.

Thanks for the heads up :)

[quote name='JediJames2']Looks like this is down to $20.21 now. Still showing up on my preorder as $20.99 through. Guess if my total does not go down by the time it ships I'll have to email/have a chat with Amazon.[/QUOTE]
You could just cancel it and reorder like I did.

[quote name='Dalerax']Thank you so much for the video.

One of the things that interests me most of the guide is the Dragon Age encyclopedia. I'd love to read more about the world itself and its history after becoming so immersed in the first game.[/QUOTE]

This, I wish they'd release just an encyclopedia for it and mass effect. Although maybe after the trilogies get completed they will.

You guys are such assholes. Now I am seriously considering buying this guide!

I wonder how the Orson Scott Card comic is gonna turn out.

Did anyone else notice that there are two different ISBN's listed on amazon?

Guide 1

• ISBN-10: 0307890139
  • ISBN-13: 978-0307890139
Guide 2

• ISBN-10: 1906064849
  • ISBN-13: 978-1906064846

The first is the one that is on sale for 20.21.

mine still shows 20.99 - but not going to cancel/reorder since i got it in my gold box when i bought it.

[quote name='bgame2']Did anyone else notice that there are two different ISBN's listed on amazon?

Guide 1

• ISBN-10: 0307890139
  • ISBN-13: 978-0307890139
Guide 2

• ISBN-10: 1906064849
  • ISBN-13: 978-1906064846

The first is the one that is on sale for 20.21.[/QUOTE]

Strange? And the more expensive one says in stock, only 2 left.

[quote name='Pookymeister']mine still shows 20.99 - but not going to cancel/reorder since i got it in my gold box when i bought it.

Strange? And the more expensive one says in stock, only 2 left.[/QUOTE]

I just checked it against Borders Pooky, and they have the same info as the cheaper Amazon guide.

ISBN13: 9780307890139

ISBN: 0307890139

bread's done
Back