Dragon Age 2 - FREE and Promotional in-game items [Currently 31+ available]

Nice to see that BioWare sorted out the issue with the staff. Tons of people signed up for the newsletter back in October/November, and were supposed to receive an email with a code to redeem for the staff. But most never received any kind of confirmation that they were successful or the code for the staff.

This was a much more elegant execution.

Already got the Hindsight last year when I read about it here @ CAG being free. It only registered for PC and 360 only at that time.

I tried again through OP's link this morning and same thing...only PC and 360 again. Apparently they haven't fixed it yet.

[quote name='imacjenn']Thanks! I thought I had an EA/DA account but it made me sign up for a new one so hopefully it all goes through okay![/QUOTE]

Go to Profile > Redeem Promo Code and your e-mail, gamertag, and PSN name will be listed. If these are all correct the DLC should go through ok

This is the deals section, not free section.

Had someone with a registration date of this month posted it he would have ridiculed for this instead of praised which I find comical.

Title Game Platform Download
Hindsight Dragon Age II Xbox 360 ---
Staff of Parthalan Dragon Age II Xbox 360 ---
Staff of Parthalan Dragon Age II PS3 ---
Hindsight Dragon Age II PC/Mac ---
Staff of Parthalan Dragon Age II PC/Mac ---

Yep, looks like the staff covers all 3 platforms and the belt leaves out PS3.

Nice, got the belt quite a long time ago, but just grabbed the staff. ... o_O
I mean, I just registered to get the staff. ... >_< Dammit.

Thanks OP!

I signed up but I have feeling I won't be getting this game on release day.

The first game feels too much of a disappointment. I did spend a lot of hours on it... but the game feels too short; I felt most of my time was spent being a perfectionist and developing a relationship with all the characters through dialogue and walking back and forth than adventuring.

[quote name='Xenogears']Go to Profile > Redeem Promo Code and your e-mail, gamertag, and PSN name will be listed. If these are all correct the DLC should go through ok[/QUOTE]

No, they're not listed. I checked that earlier and also spent about 10 mins looking for a place to add them in.... no luck. I used the email that my xbox live account is registered under so I think I'll be able to download it ok.

[quote name='Schwhat']Thanks OP!

I signed up but I have feeling I won't be getting this game on release day.

The first game feels too much of a disappointment. I did spend a lot of hours on it... but the game feels too short; I felt most of my time was spent being a perfectionist and developing a relationship with all the characters through dialogue and walking back and forth than adventuring.[/QUOTE]

What is your definition of a long game? I dumped 75+ hours into DA:O over winter break 2009, and that was without any of the expansions. If the thing gets any longer, I'd never have time for other games.

[quote name='Admiral Moo']What is your definition of a long game? I dumped 75+ hours into DA:O over winter break 2009, and that was without any of the expansions. If the thing gets any longer, I'd never have time for other games.[/QUOTE]

I dumped about 50 actual hours into the game. Probably only recorded time back to 25ish-30ish hours. The 20+ or so extra hours was probably me walking around being lost because I could not spot that darn area I'm supposed to go to advance. Or I talked to every NPC and PCs and try to run through all their possible dialogue. Or I screw up and take a lot of effort try to go to an area that was way beyond my level and get my ass kicked and my last save was an half an hour or more ago (this stuff happens quite a few times - like what does this gong do? OMG! I wasn't prepared for that dragon/ or holy sh-t she turned into a dragon/ hmm I finally made it to the entrance of dwarf town in one piece...WTF a group of 6 humans want to kill me, but I'm lvl 5!!!.

oh shit, did i miss the period of being able to pre-order for the signature edition? if i go out tomorrow will stores still take pre-orders for that or no?

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']oh shit, did i miss the period of being able to pre-order for the signature edition? if i go out tomorrow will stores still take pre-orders for that or no?[/QUOTE]

I believe January 11th is the last day you can do it, so you should be fine. Otherwise if your really worried amazon still has it listed for the signature edition so you can always pre-order it there and they won't charge you until it ships.

bread's done
Back