Dragon Age 2 - FREE and Promotional in-game items [Currently 31+ available]

[quote name='nateeasy29']Someone told me if you just play Dead Space 2 on the ps3 the armor will unlock in DA2 on all consoles.[/QUOTE]
I don't believe that's correct. It may unlock it on the PS3. The Bioware codes on the PS3 only unlock items on the PS3. The PC and 360 codes are interchangeable and either code will unlock the items on both the PC and the 360.

If you guys don't know already it is possible to get EA to give you some of these items simply by asking them. Go to http://support.ea.com/app/ask make sure you're logged into your EA account and send them a message. My message looked like this:

Hello. I am an avid gamer who recently purchase Dragon Age 2 for the Xbox 360. I had a question regarding the in game bonus item "The Irons". I wanted to know if EA had any extra The Irons codes that were available if one preordered Dragon Age 2 from the EA Store. I hadn't heard about this promotion and I preordered my copy of the Signiture Edition from Amazon.com otherwise i would have preordered it from the EA Store. Sadly, there seems to be no other way to obtain a code and that is why I am inquiring about one. If EA has an extra The Irons code that could be given to me, I would be very pleased. I know the chances are slim but please consider it for a big fan of The Dragon Age franchise and other EA games. Thank you for your time and have a wonderful day.

And this is the response I got 3 minutes later:

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for contacting EA.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you. In order to resolve your issue I would like to request you please use the unused code given below to access your DLC:

The Irons - Unlock - X360 :whistle2: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,

David
EA Support Centre, UK and Ireland.
http://electronicarts.co.uk
http://electronicarts.ie

I went on to ask for the Amulet Of Ashes and the Ring Of Whispers to similar responses although on the Amulet Of Ashes they manually put it in my account. The only thing they said they couldn't give me was the Journeys items. They said they couldn't generate a code for them, that you had to play Journeys to get them. (Now those are the only promo items I don't have and I really don't want to play that damn Facebook game!) So if there's an item or two you don't have it's worth a try to just ask and chances are EA will send you a code for it. Hopefully this will save some of you guys some money not having to buy codes on eBay and what not. I also did this for Dragon Age: Origins and Mass Effect 2 back when those were new as well and got some of the harder to get promo items.

I haven't read through all 11 pages of this thread do pardon me if I'm repeating something someone else has already posted.

Free Amulet of Ashes DLC (PS3) Enjoy!

[quote name='Vlad Impaler7']If you guys don't know already it is possible to get EA to give you some of these items simply by asking them. Go to http://support.ea.com/app/ask make sure you're logged into your EA account and send them a message. My message looked like this:

I went on to ask for the Amulet Of Ashes and the Ring Of Whispers to similar responses although on the Amulet Of Ashes they manually put it in my account. The only thing they said they couldn't give me was the Journeys items. They said they couldn't generate a code for them, that you had to play Journeys to get them. (Now those are the only promo items I don't have and I really don't want to play that damn Facebook game!) So if there's an item or two you don't have it's worth a try to just ask and chances are EA will send you a code for it. Hopefully this will save some of you guys some money not having to buy codes on eBay and what not. I also did this for Dragon Age: Origins and Mass Effect 2 back when those were new as well and got some of the harder to get promo items.

I haven't read through all 11 pages of this thread do pardon me if I'm repeating something someone else has already posted.[/QUOTE]
I'll give it a shot

[quote name='Vlad Impaler7']I went on to ask for the Amulet Of Ashes and the Ring Of Whispers to similar responses although on the Amulet Of Ashes they manually put it in my account.[/QUOTE]
Nice, that's definitely worth a try. Thanks for sharing your experience.

[quote name='Lawyers Guns N Money']I don't believe that's correct. It may unlock it on the PS3. The Bioware codes on the PS3 only unlock items on the PS3. The PC and 360 codes are interchangeable and either code will unlock the items on both the PC and the 360.[/QUOTE]

I played Dead Space 2 on PS3. I'm playing Dragon Age 2 on 360. I have Ser Isaac's Armor.

I just tried the same thing as Vlad did...so hopefully I'll have the same luck on getting the other preorder items!

I have everything else (besides 3 legends items that I still am working on unlocking), so it's obvious that I'm a huge fan and maybe they'll take it into consideration!

[quote name='IanKazimer']I played Dead Space 2 on PS3. I'm playing Dragon Age 2 on 360. I have Ser Isaac's Armor.[/QUOTE]
Interesting. How far into Dead Space 2 do you have to get to unlock the armor? Might be worth a rental.

[quote name='Lawyers Guns N Money']Interesting. How far into Dead Space 2 do you have to get to unlock the armor? Might be worth a rental.[/QUOTE]

Have to sign in with your ea account

I'm not 100% sure as I bought DS2 and registered with the online code. I don't know if you simply have to sign in to the game or if it's the code redemption that adds the item to your account. Most likely the latter.

[quote name='Lawyers Guns N Money']Interesting. How far into Dead Space 2 do you have to get to unlock the armor? Might be worth a rental.[/QUOTE]

You don't have to play it, it's a code included in the box with a new copy.

[quote name='Anexanhume']You don't have to play it, it's a code included in the box with a new copy.[/QUOTE]
It's different for each console. The 360 version comes with a separate code that you have to redeem, but for PS3 you just start the game while signed into your EA account.

[quote name='Anexanhume']You don't have to play it, it's a code included in the box with a new copy.[/QUOTE]
They were saying that just simply playing the game on the PS3 unlocked the armor, without entering a code at all.

[quote name='eau']Does Best Buy have a different UPC for their copies? Which one did you use to unlock yours? I'm still waiting for my Signature copy from Amazon.[/QUOTE]
Just use one of the drop down ones at the end of the link.

[quote name='Vlad Impaler7']If you guys don't know already it is possible to get EA to give you some of these items simply by asking them. Go to http://support.ea.com/app/ask make sure you're logged into your EA account and send them a message. My message looked like this:

I haven't read through all 11 pages of this thread do pardon me if I'm repeating something someone else has already posted.[/QUOTE]

I can confirm that the EA live chat rep i just spoke to provided me Amulet/Irons codes, and also unlocked a bunch of the original DA:O items I was never able to get! Awesome customer service, EA/Bioware! :)

Confirming that I played Dead Space 2 (on ps3), did not enter any code, but did sign in to my ea account in dead space 2, and the dead space dragon age 2 armor appears in my ea account for 360/ps3/pc.

[quote name='Anexanhume']Hah, what did you say?[/QUOTE]

Just asked really.

Hi, my name is Randall. How may I help you?
Me: Hi Randall
Randall: Hello
Me: I am a big Dragon Age fan and I'm playing Dragon Age II right now
Randall: okay
Me: I was not able to take part in the preorder promotions for The Irons, The Ring of Whispers, and The Amulet of Ashes
Me: I was just wondering if you had any extra codes for these items
Me: That you could share with me
Randall: Yes
Randall: Could you please let me know the platform (For e.g. Xbox 360, PS 3 or PC) you are playing the game on?
Me: Xbox 360
Randall: Please Provide me your EA email account?
Me: ***
Randall: Please redeem this code ***
Randall: Please restart your game and check your dlc
Me: Thank you, looks like it redeemed for The Irons
Randall: Okay
Randall: Please check other unlock also
Me: I see the Amulet of Ashes
Me: is it possible to get a Ring of Whispers code too?
Randall: Please wait
Randall: Please try this code ***
Me: Thank you so much!
Randall: Is there anything else I can help you with today?
Me: No, that is all
Randall: Thank you for giving me an opportunity to assist you regarding your issue. You will be receiving a Survey shortly in your email. I will appreciate if you can take out some time and mention if I was of any help to you
Me: Thanks again Randall
Randall: Thank you for your participation. Have a wonderful day. For future reference, a transcript of this chat can be found within the ‘My Stuff’ above.
'Me' disconnected ('Concluded by End-user').

Got the Irons and Amulet of Ashes DLC on live chat. They said they couldn't give me the Ring of Whispers. Still, 2 out of 3 ain't bad, I don't care that some people talk $%^# about EA but their Customer Service has been great.

If anyone got a spare Ring of Whispers to share for a big DA fan, I'll give you a hug.

I called the 650-628-1001 number and spoke with a live operator. They denied my request for extra codes. "Sorry, we're not able to do that for you", were the exact words. Live support isn't an option for me at the moment because my company blocks the site and my email request has gone unanswered.

Maybe they are catching on?

I got Amulet of Ashes, but she wouldn't give me The Irons or Rings of Whispers.

I also got this line from the rep

Kate: okay , I am making a rare exception for you and providing you a new code . please give me a moment

[quote name='hypodrmage']The CS rep I was just on with, Shane, said he couldn't give out pre-order bonus codes. Hmmm...[/QUOTE]

I got Shane and he gave me irons, and the rings, but wouldn't give the the amulets.

I have no idea what I got...lol. The rep manually added the goods to my account, no codes, but she added it all for Xbox 360, and said some of the codes were not available for PS3 (the console I play DA on), and some will be unlocked as I progress through the game. Sounds odd. But I figure it was truthful since I got all the Best Buy preorder stuff added for the Xbox. So yea, I dunno...lol. Was nice she gave me stuff, just not stuff I need since I am going to play it on PS3...

[quote name='jgiovanni']Am with Live Chat now and asked for the above three and he gave me acode which unlocked the Signature Edition stuff for PS3[/QUOTE]

That's so awesome. I wish I got your Rep. Though mine was nice, I would have loved that!

First person shot me down... went and got right back in the queue, LOL.
Second person offered me the irons and the amulet. Don't think I'm gonna push my luck a third time though.

[quote name='Blade3D']I got Shane and he gave me irons, and the rings, but wouldn't give the the amulets.[/QUOTE]

Maybe today just isn't my day or I got Shane's evil twin.

[quote name='horns456']It was a lot of work, but I did get a ring of whispers code.....he wouldn't budge on the others.[/QUOTE]
That's weird, since in a sense the Ring of Whispers is the one that they shouldn't be giving out, since it's still possible to get it legitimately by making a purchase. The other ones are otherwise unavailable so what does it hurt to give them out at this point.

[quote name='mightymek']I have no idea what I got...lol. The rep manually added the goods to my account, no codes, but she added it all for Xbox 360, and said some of the codes were not available for PS3 (the console I play DA on), and some will be unlocked as I progress through the game. Sounds odd. But I figure it was truthful since I got all the Best Buy preorder stuff added for the Xbox. So yea, I dunno...lol. Was nice she gave me stuff, just not stuff I need since I am going to play it on PS3...

That's so awesome. I wish I got your Rep. Though mine was nice, I would have loved that![/QUOTE]

He said thats the only unlcok codes they have for the PS3. I won't complain though, this means I have an extra Signature Edition Code for the PS3 to spare.

[quote name='jgiovanni']He said thats the only unlcok codes they have for the PS3. I won't complain though, this means I have an extra Signature Edition Code for the PS3 to spare.[/QUOTE]

Sent you a PM :)

It seems like PS3 owners need not call support for the Irons and the Ring of Whispers since they are for 360/PC only. PS3 owners can obtain the Amulet by going straight to this site to get it. No code is needed.

I actually tried my luck again and they hooked me up with a PS3 Signature Code. That rocks since I didn't make it in time to get that version of the game.

I did preorder the signature edition, but I just got someone from their tech support to all all the other stuff I didn't have like Ser Issac's and everything else. The only content I don't have at this point is the Facebook game codes, which I'm willing to work for.

I just finished with Randall from EA CS and he was able to give me codes for The Irons and Rings, then he manually put the Amulet on my account...

Ask for him, he didn't give me any issues or questions even!

[quote name='WormFOODx']I did preorder the signature edition, but I just got someone from their tech support to all all the other stuff I didn't have like Ser Issac's and everything else. The only content I don't have at this point is the Facebook game codes, which I'm willing to work for.[/QUOTE]

They could manualy unlock ser isaac armor for you? Thats the only one im missing, and i would rather have them do it that way then play Dead Space 2.

Also, I'm probably going to turn the OP into a tips guide for getting the items / info on anything new or urgent. Not a list, since that is kind of redundant with Biowares official list now

bread's done
Back