Dragon Age 2 - FREE and Promotional in-game items [Currently 31+ available]

[quote name='mnuttster']I just finished with Randall from EA CS and he was able to give me codes for The Irons and Rings, then he manually put the Amulet on my account...

Ask for him, he didn't give me any issues or questions even![/QUOTE]
Randall is the man! I got my customer survey email and I praised the hell out of him.

[quote name='mnuttster']I just finished with Randall from EA CS and he was able to give me codes for The Irons and Rings, then he manually put the Amulet on my account...

Ask for him, he didn't give me any issues or questions even![/QUOTE]
Same here, those guys at EA Rock!

Tried again...got Tyrone who made an exception and gave me the Ring of Whispers and The Amulet of Ashes, but said he couldn't do the Irons. Strange, but I'll take two out of three.

*****3/11/2011 - Posting the old OP here now that it is getting out of date with the games release. Going to change it alot

Dragon Age Origins Promo Carryover (4 items)
Armor Set [Blood Dragon Armor]
If you have the blood dragon armor registered in your account for DA:O, an updated version of it should be available in DA2. New copies of dragon age origins came with this code for a limited time, and all new copies of the ultimate edition should still have a code for this armor set
Preorder by March 8th at the EA store to get the sword and shield (Which almost all pre-orders get, see below in the preorder section) and one more item unique to this preorder. A belt called the irons, which adds to all elemental resistance, health and constitution.
Buy $15 of Dragon Age items from http://www.epicweapons.com/ and get a code for an in-game ring. It improves cunning, attack speed, and raises the drop rate of gold from enemies. There are many things for sale on the site, but notice that the promotion says you must spend $15 on Dragon Age items. The collectors edition Grey Warden letter opener or the darkspawn letter opener are both just over the $15 price requirement.

The ring of whispers can also be obtained by buying any Dragon Age 2 item (except the messenger bag) from razer. http://www2.razerzone.com/dragonage2
Visit the Dragon Age facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/dragonage) and share that day's post. If each post from now to March 4th is shared and reaches 1,000,000 impressions the day it is posted the tome will unlock. Heres more info: http://dragonage.bioware.com/da2/demo?sourceid=eag2958&om_u=10925195&om_i=_BNXwFTB8ZDBWdV
--Gamestop, Amazon, and most other places will get you the sword and shield with preorder

Info about the items: The sword provides additional damage vs. demons and undead, and the shield provides 2 added rune slots, adds to your health, and improves XP gain. The Amulet Of Ashes is a ruined piece of charred wood hangs from its setting of half-melted gold. Holding it over an open flame, however, reveals its powers - in the flickering flames, the gold recedes into some former shape while the wood turns brown and reveals its grain. Heavy Fire Resistance, Adds to Fire Damage, Adds to health regeneration.
If 1,000,000 people download the demo between its release on February 22 and March 1 while logged into an EA account on any platform, everyone will get access to 2 new items in DA2. The 2 new items are both books. One will give Exp, and one will give cash when used

--Download and play the DA2 Demo (available 2/22/11), and you’ll get to unlock an in-game item called Hayder’s Razor, an “ancient dwarven blade which increases health, mana, and combat abilities” when you play the full version of Dragon Age 2
Bioware is giving out a free epic tier staff (Parthalan) and a Penny Arcade belt (Hindsight) for anyone that signs up for the dragon age newsletter. They are for Dragon Age 2. Not sure how long these will be available, but the staff is said to be available "during the holidays."

Staff - click on "Click here" in the text: http://dragonage.bioware.com/da2/info/parthalan/
Belt - click the "get your DAII Penny Arcade belt" picture on the right side of the screen: http://dragonage.bioware.com/da2/info/pennyarcade/

Click the link, and sign up for the newsletter with your EA account info. You will not get a code, but if under profile > registered game promotions the staff and belt are listed, you will be able to download them once DA2 is released.
Play the Dragon Age Legends facebook game to unlock 5 more items. 2 rings, 2 amulets, and another belt; all sound usefull, heres what bioware has to say about them: The rings are Evra's Might, which is useful against demons, and Air of Confidence, the properties of which are "a subject of much speculation". The amulets are the Ivo Family Crest and Dura's Blue Flame. Neither are discussed in detail. The belt, Evra's Trophy Belt, is made from teeth, fur and fragments that mythical hero Evra collected on his adventures. Again, no statistic-related benefits are yet noted.
All new copies of the game will have a code to unlock an in-game store called the Black Emporium. This code will be included with all new copies of the game for awhile, but later releases might not have it. If you buy the game used, you have almost no chance of getting a code for this content.

Here are some of the things the Black Emporium unlock code will give you access to:
--A magic item store that has some of the best equipment you’ll find in the game. It’s restocked with better items as you progress through the story.
--A loyal mabari hound that fights at your side in battle.
--The “Mirror of Transformation”. Gaze into it and you can change your very appearance. Hair, eyes, tattoos, and more can be changed with the click of a button.
--A crafting store which sells powerful unique recipes.
--Explore the Black Emporium and uncover its strange secrets and lore. Be sure to see its strange proprietor. It should prove most… memorable.
This is no longer available to buy from the store, unless you are extremely lucky on lauch day and get a copy of the signature edition that someone pre-ordered but did not pick up. The quest and character DLC "Exiled Prince" can be purchased by anyone as DLC. If you did not have a signature edition pre-ordered, the only way you will be able to get the other signature edition in-game items is to buy an unused unlock code from someone selling theirs

Asking ea support really works, I was able to get all the preorder bonuses just by asking ie: The Antivan Garrote, The Ring of Whispers, Amulet of Ashes, and The Irons. This is all for 360. This rep did ask for proof of preorder though, so I sent a screenshot of my game and he said
"I am making exception for you" and "and provide code "
And he posted codes for all the ones I asked for. Everything except the irons unlocked for both 360 and pc

[quote name='Xenogears']
Signature Edition (4 items, 1 character and quest DLC, Digital Soundtrack)
Staff [Apostate's Courage], Shield [Seeker's Bulwark], Bow [Adder of Antiva], Sword [Might of Sten][/QUOTE]
The Signature Edition also came with a fifth item, the Ring of Resilience.

I'm glad I could be of help directing you guys to the EA Support website where you can simply ask for promo codes and have a good chance of getting them.

I tried the chat to get the Antivan Garotte which is now the only item other then the Facebook game items I don't have and it was a no go.

Hi, my name is Mach. How may I help you?
Me: Hello Mach.
Mach: Hi
Me: I'm a big fan of Dragon age and I'm playing Dragon Age 2 right now.
Mach: Ok
Me: I just heard about an in game promotional item "Antivan Garotte". I was wondering if you had any extra Antivan Garotte codes you could give me.
Mach: How many codes do you want from our end?
Me: I have the game for the Xbox 360.
Mach: We have already created lot of exception for you and provided you the new codes.
Mach: Do you want me to provide all the codes which you have received?
Me: I know that and you have wonderful customer service.
Mach: I'm really sorry but we cannot make any more exception and also we don't have any code for the Antivan Garotte.
Me: I know other people have gotten it from you but thank you for your assistance.
Mach: Take care and have a nice day. Bye!
Me: You too.
'' disconnected ('Concluded by End-user').

So to answer an earlier question they can see earlier dealings with customer service you've had and items they've given you. I sent a similar question in on the "ask" section of the support site so we'll see if I have better luck there.

Thank you to whoever posted this Thread. I just got off line with Chat. I had Marriette. I not only asked for the items but i even asked for Sir Issacs armor and i got that too! Woo Hoo. Honest to God truth! Marriette was the shiz nit.

[quote name='Radlove']Thank you to whoever posted this Thread. I just got off line with Chat. I had Marriette. I not only asked for the items but i even asked for Sir Issacs armor and i got that too! Woo Hoo. Honest to God truth! Marriette was the shiz nit.[/QUOTE]

You're welcome. :D

[quote name='Radlove']Hey I went back and got Robert and got the Antivan Garrotte! Best customer fan service in the business.[/QUOTE]

Damn and I got shut down.. rather rudely I might add. I might have to try again.

Did they give you a code or manually put it in your account?

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got a code for the Antivan Garrote from George at EA live chat, so it's not impossible.

That's everything for me, minus the Facebook items. :)

if i have the Ultimate edition of dragon age for the 360 and DA2 on PS3, does the items carry over on the PS3 also or just the 360?

I just got off of the Live Chat with Sam and I was able to receive Ser Isaac's Armor, Fadeshear, The Lion of Orlais, and Amulet of Ashes. I had no luck in getting The Iron or any of the Signature Edition codes. When I asked if he was able to provide me with the Signature Edition codes or the Ser Isaac's Armor, he just asked if I wanted the armor.

Sweet! I got some code from Shane!

BTW Xenogears I don't think there is a code for the PS3. You have to be on your EA account when playing Dead Space 2 to unlock the armor.

Also Xenogears is awesome that is all...

I also want to say that Shane did a great job. I just got done doing the EA Live Chat with him, and he was very courteous and helpful. I asked for these DLC:

Irons, Amulet of Ashes, Antivan Garrote, Sir Issac of Clarke, AND Ring of Whispers.

Irons, Amulet of Ashes, and Ring of Whispers was given in the form of redeemable codes. Sir Issac of Clarke was manually added to my EA account. Then finally, he was able to provide the redeemable code for the Antivan Garrote. I'm going to give him positive feedback in the survey they send.

Remember that if you do get a helpful CSR, that providing positive feedback on those surveys tends to help them. It doesn't take too much extra time to show gratitude for his or her assistance in obtaining virtual items that no doubt some others will be selling on E-Bay.

I got Martin who gave me the Antivan Garrote. He said he was making an exception, but he was nice about it. That's everything for me except facebook items. My sig ed should arrive today and that will get me all of those bonuses. I have a feeling all of these items are going to be essential to surviving a nightmare playthrough.

So many people having one or more than one code cause of EA Support? ;) Let's say i would like to trade Valve Games for the SE Items (not PS3) or Antivan Garrote (not PS3). You can have Half Life 2 (with Addons), Left4Dead and Team Fortress 2 as Steam gifts.

I just had Rolf hook it up for the Antivarius Garrette or whatever it is...

Got all of them except for a few of the Legends ones that I'll get today!

Success! Last night o tried the chat again. I got Fred and he gave me the Antivarius Garrette without any hassle.

I asked again if there was any way to get the Facebook game items without playing that game. He took several minutes to answer then said "I have added Fadeshear Sword and Lion of Orlais Shield and Amulet of Ashes directly to your account, rest of the items you need to gain while playing the game." So he "added" items I already had and hadn't asked about. I told him that and he said you have to play Legends to get those items they have no way of adding them at this time.

So I started up that God awful facebook game and got the first 2 items this morning. Those are all I have left to get now.

Decided to try again for the Antivan Garrote and the Irons (which I wasn't able to get yesterday). Got Angelina and she hooked me up with both - thanks for the tips Vlad!

I tried again for the Sig. Ed., The Irons, The Antivan Garrote, and the Ring of Whispers. I was unable to receive any of them from Barton. Those are the only items I am missing besides the last item from the facebook game.

[quote name='Sil3ntW4lker']I tried again for the Sig. Ed., The Irons, The Antivan Garrote, and the Ring of Whispers. I was unable to receive any of them from Barton. Those are the only items I am missing besides the last item from the facebook game.[/QUOTE]
LOL wow i just got all those (except sig edition) AND x2 amulet of ashes codes (and i already had one to begin with) from BARTON, literally right now.

So I decided to try my luck again after being turned down by BARTON yesterday. I was able to get the Signature Edition code, The Irons, Antivan Garrote, and The Ring of Whispers from George. He's awesome! :D I waited roughly 15 minutes for him, so I appreciate the work he did to get them. I'm one happy lad right now.

Just got off live chat. Got "the irons" and "amulet of ashes." no luck with the "antivan garrote" though. The rep said he didn't have anymore codes for it. If anyone has an extra I'd appreciate a pm. I'll probably email customer support tomorrow and try to get it.

[quote name='Xdeath452x']Just got off live chat. Got "the irons" and "amulet of ashes." no luck with the "antivan garrote" though.[/QUOTE]

Same here.

I was on with Fred is seemed to go well then he gets my info then says please wait. I waited 20 or so mins then disconneted and got someone else... Why fred why get my hopes up and just leave me hanging for so long. The next guy made it right through.

The Antivan Garrote he says it unlocked later in the game i thought it was a code or has to be added to get it? I heard others say it was added by code or bioware account not unlocked as you play it. Can anyone explain if i am going bonkers thinking i needed a code or them adding it to actually get it in the game later?

Antivan Garrote can't be unlocked without a code. What you're "supposed" to do to get it is buy Dragon Age merchandise from BioWare's website.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Antivan Garrote can't be unlocked without a code. What you're "supposed" to do to get it is buy Dragon Age merchandise from BioWare's website.[/QUOTE]
Damn, I wish there was a way to get this item from purchasing from retail outlets. I just scored a Dragon Age shirt yesterday from Hot Topic on clearance for $8.50.

sigh every one of these items become complete SHIT a third into the game
there is no best in slot or comparable dlc items in DA2
DAO had blood dragon armor and collectors edition stuff that were damned good until the end of the game

I like how they balanced it. Act 1 is a huge chunk of the game and for that whole time, the DLC items are among the best stuff you have. On the other hand, it would be boring to use the same weapons and armor for the entirety of the game and never be able to upgrade to anything new and different. And there are at least one or two of the DLC items that remain good for the entire game (Ring of Resilience for one).

[quote name='Tony208']sigh every one of these items become complete SHIT a third into the game
there is no best in slot or comparable dlc items in DA2
DAO had blood dragon armor and collectors edition stuff that were damned good until the end of the game[/QUOTE]
What I think is complete BS is that you HAVE to get a few of these items to even compete in nightmare mode. The fact that I was not upgrading anything until halfway through the game tells me that balance just went out the window when creating this stuff.

[quote name='Porksta']How come the OP states there are four carryover items, yet he lists only one?[/QUOTE]
Because the Blood Dragon Armor set is actually four things (helmet, chest piece, gauntlets, and boots).

Shane made my day, he managed to give me Antivan Garrote, The Irons, Amulet of Ashes and The Ring of Whispers

These are hard to get or even save me $60+ since i don't live in US

sorry for my ignorance but how are you guys getting "free" items? are you just asking for them as in "can i have (insert item here)?"

is there a post that describes the process and where do i go to get these even though i dont have the game yet but i do have my EA account linked

bread's done
Back