Dragon Age 2 Pre-Order Automatic Upgrade to Signature Edition

bredbu

CAGiversary!
Feedback
67 (100%)
got this from slickdeals

Dragon Age 2 Pre-Order Automatic Upgrade to Signature Edition
Pre-order a PS3, XBOX 360, or PC version of Dragon Age 2 (sequel to the RPG of the Year, 2009) before January 11, 2011 and be automatically upgraded to Signature Edition. Game releases March 8, 2011.

Signature Edition Extra Features (valued at $20):
- download code for an extra playable character (and accompanying missions)
- a downloadable soundtrack
- exclusive in-game digital armory with bonus weapons
- 'additional downloadable items'

http://dragonage.bioware.com/da2/info/order/

http://www.amazon.com/Dragon-Age-2-Xbox-360/dp/B003UFAZKW/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1287087029&sr=8-2
heres the link to dragon age 2 on amazon

NOTE: Game CAN be pre-ordered at EA Store, EB Games, Gamestop, or Amazon (according to Bioware website) to qualify for this deal.

Last edited by a moderator:
signature_edition-p.jpg

EA has been pulling a lot of this LE crap lately in order to make sure you buy on day 1.

Ever since Battlefield: Bad Company's pseudo Limited Edition, tons of companies have jumped the bandwagon to try and lure collectors and such to get their games day 1. It's a great business strategy but really it's no different than calling it pre-order bonuses. It just sounds way more elite.

yeah, it's kinda smart since it doesn't really cost them anything. (From what I can tell) The packaging is basically the same. No steelbook, all the extras are DLC.

btw, there's no listing for one on amazon - is there a LE for DAO2? The first LE was awesome.

[quote name='Lord Chabelo']Im going to wait for the Ultimate Edition with all the DLC, especially since DA1 is still in my backlog.[/QUOTE]

QFT!!:applause:

So the game doesn't come out for another 6 months and they're already pulling content out of the game for pre-order bonuses and "limited editions"? seriously, why can't they fit this content on the disc. The soundtrack is a nice bonus for free, but all the dlc should be on the disc, dlc before a game even comes out is just stupid.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']So the game doesn't come out for another 6 months and they're already pulling content out of the game for pre-order bonuses and "limited editions"? seriously, why can't they fit this content on the disc. The soundtrack is a nice bonus for free, but all the dlc should be on the disc, dlc before a game even comes out is just stupid.[/QUOTE]It may already be on the disc, and the code(s) in the box are unlock codes, nothing more.

It'll depend when you actually punch in the code and it goes into a download queue at something close to zero (like 120K or less), that's an unlock code.

I hope this doesn't preclude releasing an actual collector's edition. The CE for the first one was quite nice, I'm very much hoping they do another like that.

shrike - i think he's complaining that it's not already included as part of the MSRP. Even though it kinda is.

Either way, i appreciate them trying out ways to give gamestop the finger. (Even though a lot of people will blast them for it.)

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']So the game doesn't come out for another 6 months and they're already pulling content out of the game for pre-order bonuses and "limited editions"? seriously, why can't they fit this content on the disc. The soundtrack is a nice bonus for free, but all the dlc should be on the disc, dlc before a game even comes out is just stupid.[/QUOTE]

It's to encourage people to buy the game new over getting a used copy.

[quote name='confoosious']shrike - i think he's complaining that it's not already included as part of the MSRP. Even though it kinda is.

Either way, i appreciate them trying out ways to give gamestop the finger. (Even though a lot of people will blast them for it.)[/QUOTE]EA's doing it from all sides, with the "online pass" for the sports games and the like.

This one, slightly less messy, though I'm sure this will end up in a GOTY / UE version at some point in the future.

Wonder if this content was already in the game and if it was cut and re-added as a "bonus" to get more orders.

I planned to pre-order Dragon Age 2 anyway and if they announce a full blown Collectors Edition I can just upgrade my order to that one.

yeah, those online passes are getting a ton of complaints but eventually, EA will get people who care about rosters and live play (and if you're buying an EA Sports game every year, you do) to be conditioned to buy new.

I might just be retarded but I can't figure out how to download rosters from EA games WITHOUT going on xbox live to fake going into a real game.

I'd love a setting where you can just update the rosters to the latest no matter what mode you're playing in. Anyone?

[quote name='mitnosi']Wonder if this content was already in the game and if it was cut and re-added as a "bonus" to get more orders.[/QUOTE]

That's what people will say when they bitch about it. I suspect the extra player and missions won't be that substantial.

They do need a CE again though so you can sell the CE armor on ebay to pay for half your game. ;)

[quote name='mitnosi']Wonder if this content was already in the game and if it was cut and re-added as a "bonus" to get more orders.[/QUOTE]

Well, considering that makes up like 95% of all DLCs, probably. Most of them are never even "cut" from the game, just locked to a 100k unlock key.

If I was a good CAG I would wait less than a year following DA2's release and get the Ultimate Edition so BioWare can't rape me with all the DLC.

I don't think I'm a very good CAG though. Dammit BioWare...

I see they're repeating the Shale strategy. In most cases though, I only used the same party throughout the entire game so I never got around to all the "extra" characters. Still it drives pre-orders and since I go with amazon I can still cancel.

Of course it was. How could it not be? The game doesn't release for six months and it won't go gold for probably five months.

[quote name='dudejeff22']If I was a good CAG I would wait less than a year following DA2's release and get the Ultimate Edition so BioWare can't rape me with all the DLC.

I don't think I'm a very good CAG though. Dammit BioWare...[/QUOTE]

get both! finish regular. sell/trade it. then wait for ultimate. (although my plan has been foiled by my need to keep the CE)

a year is a long time to wait for a game.

Were the "buy new" bonus items available in the "Ultimate Editions" of BioWare's games along with all the subsequent DLC? I know the DLC available for purchase was but what about the items that were only available if you bought a new copy of the original?

[quote name='confoosious']get both! finish regular. sell/trade it. then wait for ultimate. (although my plan has been foiled by my need to keep the CE)

a year is a long time to wait for a game.[/QUOTE]
The same strategy im going to use on the inevitable Fallout New Vegas GOTY Edition. Grab standard now, before GOTY comes, trade in my copy and grab the complete version, but that means im skipping the DLC which is no biggie, there will be plenty of things to play next year.

[quote name='bitzer']Were the "buy new" bonus items available in the "Ultimate Editions" of BioWare's games along with all the subsequent DLC? I know the DLC available for purchase was but what about the items that were only available if you bought a new copy of the original?[/QUOTE]

Well, they did it with BFBC2. All new copies will come with the VIP code regardless, but the first print also included the early MP weapons/abilities unlock, which was later included in the UE version of BC2. (Don't know why they're doing a "complete version" when they're still going to be pushing out new content like Vietnam for it though)

Don't think either Mass Effect or Mass Effect 2 ever got a "Ultimate Edition". (The PS3 version of ME2 may end up as something like that)

[quote name='bitzer']Were the "buy new" bonus items available in the "Ultimate Editions" of BioWare's games along with all the subsequent DLC? I know the DLC available for purchase was but what about the items that were only available if you bought a new copy of the original?[/QUOTE]

If you are referring specifically to DAO and ME2 collectors editions, they had armor and weapon codes that were not available anywhere else. Then they also included the DLC (ceberus network, another armor) that was included in the regular editions of the games.

[quote name='n1c0']Don't think either Mass Effect or Mass Effect 2 ever got a "Ultimate Edition". (The PS3 version of ME2 may end up as something like that)[/QUOTE]

Hrm... I don't know. I didn't get Mass Effect until it was a Platinum Hits and I know that included some DLC. ME2 (CE) was a new purchase, so I was able to get all of those codes, though...

[quote name='confoosious']If you are referring specifically to DAO and ME2 collectors editions, they had armor and weapon codes that were not available anywhere else. Then they also included the DLC (ceberus network, another armor) that was included in the regular editions of the games.[/QUOTE]

I guess I'm just wondering what the chances are that these items would be included in the (probable) Ultimate edition (like DAO).

[quote name='bitzer']Hrm... I don't know. I didn't get Mass Effect until it was a Platinum Hits and I know that included some DLC. ME2 (CE) was a new purchase, so I was able to get all of those codes, though...

I guess I'm just wondering what the chances are that these items would be included in the (probable) Ultimate edition (like DAO).[/QUOTE]

from what i can tell, the missions will be. But not the extra weapons/armor.

So from the DAO CE: Bergen's Honor, Grimoire of the Frozen Wastes, Final Reason ARE NOT included in the Ultimate edition. But The Stone Prisoner from the regular edition is. Also, the Blood Dragon armor from the regular edition IS NOT.

[quote name='confoosious']from what i can tell, the missions will be. But not the extra weapons/armor.

So from the DAO CE: Bergen's Honor, Grimoire of the Frozen Wastes, Final Reason ARE NOT included in the Ultimate edition. But The Stone Prisoner from the regular edition is. Also, the Blood Dragon armor from the regular edition IS NOT.[/QUOTE]

Well, the weapons/armor aren't that essential, and are probably easy enough to put back in if you're playing the PC version.

But god damn, limited DLCs pisses me off.

Would be nice if the PC version used Steamworks like Fallout NV or Civ V. Retail PC special editions without Steamworks = annoying dilemma.

I'll hold off. I loved the first game (maybe my 2009 GotY) but every decision regarding the sequel has deflated my high expectations. Feels increasingly like a year later $15 purchase maybe at this point.

[quote name='bvharris']I hope this doesn't preclude releasing an actual collector's edition. The CE for the first one was quite nice, I'm very much hoping they do another like that.[/QUOTE]

My thoughts exactly. I guess we know the date we have to reserve by though.

[quote name='Revolution']" (sequel to the RPG of the Year, 2009)" - I did not know Dragon Age 2 was a sequel to Demon's Souls! Now I have to buy it![/QUOTE]

Dragon Age was near unanimous as RPG of the Year in 09. Demon Souls got exactly 1 outlet to name it RPGotY.

I remember when paying more actually give you physical reimbursements...

What's with all these digital bullshits that should have been released with the game to start with?

[quote name='Ocajavati']I remember when paying more actually give you physical reimbursements...

What's with all these digital bullshits that should have been released with the game to start with?[/QUOTE]

Lucky for you this is a free upgrade, no paying more. :D

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']Lucky for you this is a free upgrade, no paying more. :D[/QUOTE]

Considering how fast game prices drop nowadays? Pre-ordering is paying more.

It's both disgusting and thrilling at the same time.

[quote name='bitzer']Hrm... I don't know. I didn't get Mass Effect until it was a Platinum Hits and I know that included some DLC.[/QUOTE]

Mass Effect 1 P.H. had the first DLC (Bring Down the Sky) on the bonus disk and the same bonus disk had everything (themes, gamerpics, videos) that was on the bonus disk of the Collector's Edition with a couple of extra videos. Just missing the artbook and history book from the CE.

Actually, the way companies are throwing discounts and credits out, pre-ordering seems to be the cheapest way to get a game within its first few weeks.

Thanks for the linkage. My best friend was happy, she goes apeshit over DAO so she was excited for this.

I dont like EA's supposed LE though. They basically just throw a couple skins in or something and call it a LE when its just a pre order bonus. Then again you cant pick up a game box anymore without getting access to some beta which is now the glorified version of a demo. So now instead of pre order bonus its "YEah, limited edition!" and instead of demo is now "Yeah, you get BETA access!".

[quote name='Lord Chabelo']Im going to wait for the Ultimate Edition with all the DLC, especially since DA1 is still in my backlog.[/QUOTE]

Glad I never picked up DAO because now the ultimate version is out and by the time I get some other games played it will be cheaper to get one used off ebay or here.

The more DLC content a company releases for its games or the more it starts pimping DLC before its released the less likely I am to buy it day one unless it something I really really want. Why should I buy something when its going to get a ultimate edition later for the same price with all the DLC included? I mean if I have been waiting a year or two for a game waiting a little longer isnt that big of a deal to me, it seems like DAO just came out not to long ago to me.

Im sorry I bought borderlands now because I havent gotten to it but it has its ultimate version coming out.

I'm definitely going to preorder this game now but I have to admit I'm a little disappointed the soundtrack is a download. Oh well better than not having it.

[quote name='gargus']

I dont like EA's supposed LE though. They basically just throw a couple skins in or something and call it a LE when its just a pre order bonus. Then again you cant pick up a game box anymore without getting access to some beta which is now the glorified version of a demo. So now instead of pre order bonus its "YEah, limited edition!" and instead of demo is now "Yeah, you get BETA access!"..[/QUOTE]

It's not like it costs anymore so what's the difference? it's just marketing.

I'm waiting for the CE to be announced.

If BFBC2 and Dante's Inferno was any indication, you won't have to pre-order this. It's simply going to be every first-print copy.

[quote name='n1c0']If BFBC2 and Dante's Inferno was any indication, you won't have to pre-order this. It's simply going to be every first-print copy.[/QUOTE]

yup

[quote name='n1c0']If BFBC2 and Dante's Inferno was any indication, you won't have to pre-order this. It's simply going to be every first-print copy.[/QUOTE]

According to their website you have to pre-order this before or on Jan. 11th to get the Signature Edition, so this will not be the same as Dante's Inferno, BFBC2, etc. where you could just get it on day one or later in stores/online since all first print copies were LE. I am guessing if some people cancel their pre-orders of the Signature Edition or return it to the store without using the codes you might still be able to snag one or grab one on ebay.

bread's done
Back