dragon age and opening chests?

thisjustanother

CAGiversary!
i am a oblivion player, love the game and everything. in it, people are not able to steal items in chests and such without concequences, so im stuck in the can not open chests frame of mind because of the game. i read all of the manual and it doesnt seem to say anything about chests and it being ok to open all chests and not having to worry about concequences.

so is everything in the game that is lootable, shiny, etc ok to open/take and i dont have to worry about being penelized for my actions?

There is one single chest in the entire game that comes to my mind in regards to consequences opening chests.

And even then you just get scolded with no further ramifications, even though the person implies they are going to turn their leader against you. They most certainly do not.

So, open away my friend and revel in your epic lewtz.

Nobody "Catches" you stealing, nobody considers property to be their own. This applies to the pickpocket ability and to opening chests. Unfortunately only Rogues get lockpick, which means you need to BE one, or always keep one in party (if you want to loot the world).

As far as karma, it's just the opinion of your party members, who can easily be bribed with the "Gift" items, and good diologue options. And none of them care about stealing/opening chests anyway.

bread's done
Back