Dragon Age II - Gen. Discussion and Info - Mark of the Assassin DLC 10/11 800 pts.

[quote name='Zmonkay'](and for those of you in the beta, is it enjoyable?)[/QUOTE]

No. I'm just doing it for the extra shit in the game I actually care about.

Anyone know of a list of all the DLC? I'm talking the stuff that comes with the Sig ed., the new copy only stuff, the preorder only stuff, the retailer exclusive stuff, the da legends exclusive stuff, etc.?

There's just so much, it's hard to keep track and I'm not even sure what I'm getting on release day as far as DLC. (sig ed. preorder at gamestop).

I just thought this list would be useful.

[quote name='JasonTerminator']No. I'm just doing it for the extra shit in the game I actually care about.[/QUOTE]

+1

6 default followers
Battles 1-2 minutes.
Follower cooldown after battle, 1-2 hours.
One time use instant cooldown (Evra's Horn) 19 Crowns.
200 Crowns cost $4.90

Going to take some time to unlock things solo unless you have a few friends.
---
edit

Anyone know of a list of all the DLC? I'm talking the stuff that comes with the Sig ed., the new copy only stuff, the preorder only stuff, the retailer exclusive stuff, the da legends exclusive stuff, etc.?

DLC List

Bioware Signature Edition
Apostate's Courage
Seeker's Bulwark
Adder of Antiva
Might of Sten
Exiled Prince/w Mission
Soundtrack

Regular/All New Copies
Black Emporium/w Crafting Stores
Mirror of Transformation
Marbari Warhound

Preorder before March 8,2011
Lion of Orlais Shield
Fadeshear Sword

DA2 website/Penny Arcade
Hindsight Belt

DA2 Website/Newsletter
Staff of Parthalan

DA Legends Facebook Game
Evra's Might
Evra’s Trophy Belt
Air of Confidence
Ivo Family Crest
Dura's Blue Flame

Dead Space 2
Ser Isaac of Clarke Armor

$15 purchase Epic Weapons/Razer
Ring of Whispers

EA Store
The Irons

Best Buy
Amulet of Ashes

Demo
Hayder's Razor

Call to Arms
Lothering's Lament
The Far Cliffs of Kirkwall
Of Things Not Lost

Think that's everything...
:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Anybody else refreshing Amazon every 10 minutes to see if your Signature Edition is 'Shipping Soon' yet? :lol:

I'd better lay off, I'm half afraid I'm going to sneeze and accidentally hit the Cancel button.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']

I'd better lay off, I'm half afraid I'm going to sneeze and accidentally hit the Cancel button.[/QUOTE]

Nah. Last time I had a Tuesday release date delivery it didn't ship until Monday.

I do minorly regret not ordering from Gamestop, they are doing a midnight release. (still I hate them.soooo)

I got in on the 99 cent release day shipping, and I won't be able to play until late Tuesday evening anyway, so it's all good in the hood.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']I got in on the 99 cent release day shipping, and I won't be able to play until late Tuesday evening anyway, so it's all good in the hood.[/QUOTE]

Ditto. Release day shipping and can't play until after 8:30pm (kids in bed) on Tuesday.

Gamestop texted me- midnight release.
Amazon- no RDD offered, get's here on the 14th-17th.

Really hoping RDD gets inside my building Tuesday! UPS screws me every time with that so I'm hoping it comes via the USPS.

Thanks to KrizB for the DLC breakdown. Great work, bro!

Now.....do I be responsible and sleep Monday night or go for the midnight release? Any word on gamestop bonus freebie type stuff? I'm a sucker for that crap. It's not like I'm going to be able play it when I get home considering I have to get up at 5 AM for work!

I need to text Gamestop and make sure If I don't go to the midnight opening will I still get my Signature Edition (Hint: I fucking better)

Going to Kmart tuesday morning. If and only if they have the 4000 point cards. ;)

If not, then I don't know what I would do!

[quote name='officerrickyross222']is gamestop the only store thats gonna be carrying the sig edition ?[/QUOTE]
Most places carried it, but the thing was that you had to preorder before January 11th to reserve it.

The Sebastian DLC will be available on day one for $7, and presumably the soundtrack will also be available to purchase separately at some point. But for the "digital armory" (five weapons unique to the Signature Edition), eBay may be your only option at this point.

[quote name='jaredstorm']Going to Kmart tuesday morning. If and only if they have the 4000 point cards. ;)

If not, then I don't know what I would do![/QUOTE]

Go to the KMart thread and email SHC-Gamer with a pic of your receipt and he'll take care of you.

Footage of the deluxe strategy guide:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_B9vB_1eKY

Beware ginormo (potential) spoilers!! Seriously, do not watch this video with a keen eye if you do not want to be spoiled on what is potentially one of the game's biggest secrets.

Meredith and Orsino are both listed on the same page as the confirmed companions. Now... it could just be a list of significant characters, with no distinction between which are companions and which are not. Or not.

[quote name='Hell Monkey']Ok now I'm obsessively clicking to see if it ships. (as should Phantom Brave)[/QUOTE]
Just got a shipping notification for Pokemon White, still no movement on the Dragon Age front. :)

Everyone needs to keep an eye on their email too, for the various preorder codes that should be arriving alongside the game.

C'mon Pokemons, ship already!
I ordered one of each for my nephew and niece to get the $20 credit, both of them want the games NAOW!

They mad.

Now.....do I be responsible and sleep Monday night or go for the midnight release? Any word on gamestop bonus freebie type stuff? I'm a sucker for that crap. It's not like I'm going to be able play it when I get home considering I have to get up at 5 AM for work!

I might go tonight.
They give away stuff when there are a lot of people, but RPG launches around here have always been poor.

Waited with less than 12 other people for Fallout 3 and only one CE was given away. During the Nintendo/Rockstar releases there were at least a hundred people if not more and tons of free food/drinks and merch was given out.

How did you guys get RDD from Amazon? I ordered the signature edition and I checked, but never saw the option available.

[quote name='wakawakawa']How did you guys get RDD from Amazon? I ordered the signature edition and I checked, but never saw the option available.[/QUOTE]
It wasn't offered when I originally preordered back in October, but I checked the listing again like the day before the Signature Edition deadline and they were offering it then.

[quote name='Anexanhume']I'm probably the only one with a SE pre-order and FSSS shipping. a model of patience :D[/QUOTE]

I got free release day delivery with prime :)

It's in prep to ship mode now. wooohoo!

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Most places carried it, but the thing was that you had to preorder before January 11th to reserve it.

The Sebastian DLC will be available on day one for $7, and presumably the soundtrack will also be available to purchase separately at some point. But for the "digital armory" (five weapons unique to the Signature Edition), eBay may be your only option at this point.[/QUOTE]

thx didnt get to preorder it. i thought walmart or target would be carrying this version :cry:

Now that I have a better idea of the various class trees and abilities, I've been able to plan out my Hawke builds for Mage and Archer up to level 20 (respectively)*:

*because I'm not exactly sure if they force you to start with a certain ability (like the demo), what the max character level is, and/or if there are any "bonus" ability points, this build is simply a prototype. Any changes will result in a edit to this post.

femHawke (Mage):
40px-Elemental.png
40px-Arcane_DA2.png
40px-Creation_DA2.png
40px-Spirit_DA2.png
40px-Primal_DA2.png
42px-ForceMageIconDA2.png

Level 1 - Winter's Grasp
2 - Fireball
3 - Heroic Aura
4 - Death Syphon
5 - Rock Armor
6 - Arcane Shield
7 - Pyromancer
8 - Cone of Cold
9 - Unshakable
10 - Firestorm
11 - Elemental Mastery
12 - Elemental Shield
13 - Arcane Wall
14 - Fist of the Maker
15 - Death Vortex
16 - Elemental Weapons
17 - Valiant Aura
18 - Pull of the Abyss
19 - Gravitic Ring
20 - Telekinetic Burst

My Mage build is going to focus on being a Ranged Damager with a handful of Team Buffs. Area of Effect and Crowd Control are two major themes with the spells I've chosen. High Fortitude, Elemental Protection, and Mana Regeneration are minor themes.

femHawke (Archer):
My Rogue Archer build is going to focus on being Ranged Damager with high DPS and enemy De-Buffs. High Critical Rates/Damage and bonuses to Flanking Damage are the major themes represented with the chosen abilities. High Attack Speed, Low Aggro, and Higher Damage Output vs. Weak Enemies are the minor themes.

---------------

I'll gladly post some updates as I try out these builds to test their effectiveness. I can go into more/less detail (pending thread interest) about certain tactics I'm using in the game, as well, once I get far enough along. I'm super pumped about playing tomorrow :cool:

[quote name='Ryuukishi']It wasn't offered when I originally preordered back in October, but I checked the listing again like the day before the Signature Edition deadline and they were offering it then.[/QUOTE]

Ah ...

That sucks for me. I'm not going to get it until next week now. I would have gladly payed 0.99 to get it tomorrow.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']I just checked my registered game promotions for DA2, and Blood Dragon Armor is listed. :)[/QUOTE]

How we get that?

Apparently due to unforeseen occurrences during production the auto-attack toggle has been omitted from game. There's no officially word on when or if they will be able to implement it via patch in the future, but they are aware and supposedly working on it.

I would be less irritated if there weren't any truth to Bioware knowing three weeks in advance of this issue and instead of notifying the public then decided to deflect almost instantaneously, avoid questions in live chats, close threads pertaining to the feature and wait until now.

Very classy.

My copy from Amazon has shipped, and hopefully will be in my mailbox tomorrow. Kind of funny that they ship it from New Jersey, I guess their entire shipment showed up at that warehouse or something.

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']Now that I have a better idea of the various class trees and abilities, I've been able to plan out my Hawke builds for Mage and Archer up to level 20 (respectively)*:

*because I'm not exactly sure if they force you to start with a certain ability (like the demo), what the max character level is, and/or if there are any "bonus" ability points, this build is simply a prototype. Any changes will result in a edit to this post.

femHawke (Mage):
My Mage build is going to focus on being a Ranged Damager with a handful of Team Buffs. Area of Effect and Crowd Control are two major themes with the spells I've chosen. High Fortitude, Elemental Protection, and Mana Regeneration are minor themes.

femHawke (Archer):
My Rogue Archer build is going to focus on being Ranged Damager with high DPS and enemy De-Buffs. High Critical Rates/Damage and bonuses to Flanking Damage are the major themes represented with the chosen abilities. High Attack Speed, Low Aggro, and Higher Damage Output vs. Weak Enemies are the minor themes.

---------------

I'll gladly post some updates as I try out these builds to test their effectiveness. I can go into more/less detail (pending thread interest) about certain tactics I'm using in the game, as well, once I get far enough along. I'm super pumped about playing tomorrow :cool:[/QUOTE]

Looking forward to your mage build. The crowd control fireball was immense fun in the demo. Actually persuaded me to do a mage build instead of a tank like I did in DA:O. Now I just need to prepare panicking when the enemies break away from the tank and actually attack me.

[quote name='Hell Monkey']How we get that?[/QUOTE]
Have the Blood Dragon Armor from Origins and Mass Effect 2.

Very lame about the auto attack. Doesn't ruin the game for me or anything, but for this type of game I actually prefer to be able to 'autopilot' things a little without constantly hammering a button (Final Fantasy XII was the best RPG combat ever for me :) ). Hope they patch it in soon.

How many CAGS out there have had theirs shipped yet? I preordered through Amazon with release day delivery and mine is still yet to ship. :\

Checked my email and the game's shipped from Amazon. Haha I still haven't beaten DA:O and I've got DA:A in the mail as well. crap

[quote name='Ryuukishi']I just checked my registered game promotions for DA2, and Blood Dragon Armor is listed.[/QUOTE]

:whee:

Can't make it tonight so I went to pay off my order and ask about tonight.
Few hundred copies in the back and lot's of people coming in and paying.

Want that huge DA2 5x8 poster/banner they are giving away. :cry:

Sky's falling over at the BioWare forums over the lack of auto-attack. I'd point and laugh, as is my custom, but they're basically right. Not only does it suck in terms of the actual game, but if it really was a mistake in the mastering before the game went gold a month ago, and they're only making it known now, hours before release, well... there's no good way to spin that. Every time they assured fans that it was just disabled in the demo but would be present in the full game, it was a straight-up lie.

I'm done with those forums for a while anyway-- now that the game is out, there's going to be such an explosion of posts that following it would be a full-time job in and of itself. :) I am very curious to start seeing reviews coming in though.

Dragon Age Legends unlocks are live.
Looks like each one requires you to beat an area.

Evra's Might- Build Castle in tutorial.
Evra's Trophy Belt- Reach Freylen's Peak, Complete Vantage Point quest.
Air of Confidence- Complete Secure Fort Elim quest.
Ivo Family Crest- Defeat Raspin, Complete The Rascal Raspin quest.
Dura's Blue Flame- unknown/TBA.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='KrizB']Dragon Age Legends unlocks are live.

Dura's Blue Flame- unknown/TBA.[/QUOTE]

I'll probably end up just doing the tutorial, as anything else will take longer than it takes for me to get my hands on Dragon Age 2.

They really didn't think that project through well.

Also, got my preorder code from Amazon. Still is funny to me that I'll be going into DA2 with 10 items or so from all this promotional stuff. I wonder if Mass Effect 3 is going to follow suit.

[quote name='JasonTerminator'] Still is funny to me that I'll be going into DA2 with 10 items or so from all this promotional stuff. I wonder if Mass Effect 3 is going to follow suit.[/QUOTE]

I would think so, :( It's a pain in the ass to track down all of this stuff, plus I wonder if they are even worth it when compared to actual items that ARE in the game..

I'm playing the pc version and it's pretty decent so far. The pc people over on Gaf and the Steam forums who were crying nonstop about the game overreacted yet again, it's not a ton different than 1 so far. I don't know how it is on console but I played 1 first on 360 and it was pretty brutal, and from what I hear 2 is a much more competent console port.

The game also runs like ass in DX11. I hated DX11 already since it always gives us half the framerate for almost no noticeable improvement, but in DA2 you can't even play on High/Very High without it on.

[quote name='KrizB']Dragon Age Legends unlocks are live.

Dura's Blue Flame- unknown/TBA.[/QUOTE]

Nice, gives me something to do while I wait for my FSSS copy (and finish Dante's Inferno). Oh, and wait for Exe's mage build. :D

bread's done
Back