Dragon Age II Signature Ed. resealed?? (GoHastings through Amazon)

aem

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
I have a couple Dragon Age II games I ordered from GoHastings (through Amazon) 1-2 days before release. They took a little while to get here. I have an Xbox 360 copy and a PC copy and they seem very unusual. I don't know about PC, but I've seen Xbox 360 copies with the standard Y-fold seal which these don't have.

So first of all, should all copies of this game have a Y-fold seal? If yes then these are obviously resealed. What has me most worried though is there seems to be light cuts on the top and bottom of the case near where it opens up. It looks like they could be knife marks from someone cutting through the original seal. I don't think I've ever seen a sealed game with these kinds of cuts.

Xbox 360 showing cut on case: http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k511/aem_CAG/DA II Possible Reseal/xbox360_top.jpg
PC: http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k511/aem_CAG/DA II Possible Reseal/PC.jpg

I haven't opened them up or anything as I figure a return would be easier if they were still "sealed".

Looks resealed to me. Do you plan on opening it?

If so, I'd contact the seller before hand and voice your concerns. If they say it's OK for you to return it if you open it and find something missing/used/damaged, then go ahead and check it out. Otherwise, I wouldn't take the chance. Looks resealed to me. Shouldn't there also be some sort of stick over the top of the case?

I've encountered a similar situation. I bought a PC version off an Ebay-user except it had a Y-seal instead of the normal shrinkwrap that others have reported theirs had. The Y-seal is very well done but I suspect it's fake. Like OP, I haven't opened mine up either but I was wondering if anyone had their PC version in a Y-seal.

My PS3 and 360 copy from Amazon are Y-sealed. I have no idea why they would change it all of a sudden. To me, it looks like they put those up as displays at the store and then resealed it.

[quote name='DarkRider23']My PS3 and 360 copy from Amazon are Y-sealed. I have no idea why they would change it all of a sudden. To me, it looks like they put those up as displays at the store and then resealed it.[/QUOTE]

Yup, ditto for me. Y-folds for both versions, direct from Amazon.

[quote name='Miro']I've encountered a similar situation. I bought a PC version off an Ebay-user except it had a Y-seal instead of the normal shrinkwrap that others have reported theirs had. The Y-seal is very well done but I suspect it's fake. Like OP, I haven't opened mine up either but I was wondering if anyone had their PC version in a Y-seal.[/QUOTE]

My PC version I got from GS.com was NOT a y-seal.

The consensus for PS3 and 360 were Y-sealed, regardless of origin. PC is shrinkwrapped from Gamestop, but I'm curious if anyone ordered it from Amazon and how they received theirs.

Thanks. Yeah I think I can be extremely confident that the 360 copy has been resealed. I think I'll call them about it. I'd prefer to just get a refund on it. Shipping costs weren't cheap and I hope they'd refund original shipping plus provide a prepaid label to return.

For those with the PC version, did the seal look similar to the picture of mine? As I said it does have light cuts on it as well which could be knife marks from opening it. I'd really like to keep the PC copy since I probably couldn't find another copy for a reasonable price, but am worried the signature ed. code might be already used if it is resealed.

The PC seal is legit, can't speak for 360. My PC copy looked that way from Amazon, which really isn't all that uncommon. Console games however, should almost always be Y-sealed.

bread's done
Back