Dragon Age: Inquisition - E3 TRAILER

TBH I'm not super impressed with the Keep. I'm not sure what's so complicated about it that they needed all these months of beta testing. I had assumed that the BSN had been recording playthrough information on your characters all this time, and that was the source of the complexity. But all the import is is the character's name, race, and portrait. And aside from the import, the Keep is just a series of multiple choice questions with pretty art.

Last edited by a moderator:
TBH I'm not super impressed with the Keep. I'm not sure what's so complicated about it that they needed all these months of beta testing. I had assumed that the BSN had been recording playthrough information on your characters all this time, and that was the source of the complexity. But all the import is is the character's name, race, and portrait. And aside from the import, the Keep is just a series of multiple choice questions with pretty art.
This is EA we're talking about, even if it's a Bioware product. Sounds like what we'd expect.

So Dragon Age's "Genesis" then?

There's this thing call Dragon Age: Last Court that is or will be available through the Keep.  It's a text based adventure of some sort.  There's an intro video for it here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEd2wtdnLpA

I'll check it out, but it doesn't sound that great.  Just gimme the darn game already!  I'm so freaking excited for this one.

Edit...link not working for some reason, but just search for it on youtube and you'll find it. 

Heads up, DA:I will be available via a 6-hour trial with EA Access starting Thursday, November 13. This includes the main game + multiplayer. For $5 for a month of EA Access, not a bad deal.

http://www.ea.com/eaaccess/news.html?utm_campaign=eaa-social-us-ocm-tw-daitrialdetailstw-prev-site-lnch&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&sourceid=eaa-social-us-ocm-tw-daitrialdetailstw-prev-site-lnch&cid=30680&ts=1415047504980&sf33296106=1
It's $29.99 for a full year, which is what I'm going to be doing, since there's a few EA games included that would be worth the $29.99 for the year.

I know they talked about DA: I being part of it, though I'm unsurprised that it'll be an extended trial than a full install.

For me, you and Hitman, this is perfect because it allows us to play the game while we wait for the Inquisitor's Edition to arrive.  I went with the free Saver shipping, so it'll take a couple of days beyond the 11/18 release date.  I figure, 6 hours will get me about 3 days of play time due to my schedule, so that's enough to get me started and get a feel for things.  Thus making the remaining days between the trial expiring and the game getting in my hands torturous.  :drool:

I agree $30 for EA Access is a good deal now with PvZ, NfS and others, but I'm just gonna spring for the one-month access since there is so much to play outside of the Access program right now. 

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZPZ0R70u8U[/youtube]

06c.jpg

For me, you and Hitman, this is perfect because it allows us to play the game while we wait for the Inquisitor's Edition to arrive. I went with the free Saver shipping, so it'll take a couple of days beyond the 11/18 release date. I figure, 6 hours will get me about 3 days of play time due to my schedule, so that's enough to get me started and get a feel for things. Thus making the remaining days between the trial expiring and the game getting in my hands torturous. :drool:

I agree $30 for EA Access is a good deal now with PvZ, NfS and others, but I'm just gonna spring for the one-month access since there is so much to play outside of the Access program right now.
inb4 you finish your 6 hour trial by the 14th-15th and you have sad face for the next week!

I really want to get this digitally and with the EA Access discount but I already am getting so much digitally and it ends up costing more when compared to the $10 RZ preorder and GCU. I already am getting MCC and GTA V digitally (and I just got COD digitally too) and after that my stored XBL funds will be gone anyway. I need another crazy deal on those so I can stock back up.

Either way though I am so stoked. I have Wednesday, Thursday and Friday taken off of work because there will be so many games to play hahah. I will have my Destiny stuff still to play, CoD, MCC, GTA, this and then that Friday is Smash. Gah. I wish I could drop out of my Masters program and quit my job for like a month hahah

Can I pay $5 for one month of EA Access and preorder the digital deluxe edition and get a $6.99 discount on it, making it a free month of EA access?

Yes, you can.  Cancelling EA Access isn't very intuitive, but it's relatively easy.  Gotta go through the microsoft commerce site.

For me, you and Hitman, this is perfect because it allows us to play the game while we wait for the Inquisitor's Edition to arrive. I went with the free Saver shipping, so it'll take a couple of days beyond the 11/18 release date. I figure, 6 hours will get me about 3 days of play time due to my schedule, so that's enough to get me started and get a feel for things. Thus making the remaining days between the trial expiring and the game getting in my hands torturous. :drool:

Negative for me, PS4.

Gah, so outweighing everything and deals I can get I think I will be getting this digitally and those bastards at EA have convinced me to get the year of EA Access. Accounting for the discount on DA alone I end up paying $23 for a year's access to all of those titles? Gah. Damn you. hahah

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VCJfuY142I[/youtube]

Angry Joe, first half hour of the game (with some cutscenes skipped)

Waves have been felt from the announcement of CD Project's Witcher 3 DLC plan, it being free and all. There are 16 pieces of DLC all available when they come out for free no matter what platform, no matter what store picked up or even if you pre-ordered the game. Personally I think this should be the case every time.

Stole this from the comments section:

Can just imagine the execs at EA et al: DOES. NOT. COMPUTE. And then their heads explode.
Your move EA, your move.

I'm predicting I'll still be playing DA:I by the time The Witcher 3 comes out but I'll pick that game up at full price and let it sit on my shelf for that amount of loyalty to their fans.

Yeah they have announced that they hope to give solid free DLC for the multiplayer to keep players coming back.

While I love to see all of that free DLC for Witcher, if you look at most of it it is all very minor things. Great to have yes but many of those things appear as though they could have easily been put in the main game anyway. I am in no ways saying I do not appreciate it all I am just playing Devils Advocate.

That all being said back to the matter at hand...

What class does everyone plan on starting out as with their Inquisitor?

2H Warrior 4 lyfe. The more unrealistically huge the sword, the better.

150px-Cloud-ffvii-battle.png
Hahah nice. I am never a fan of direct melee in games like Dragon Age. Dark Souls or something more action oriented? Hell yes. Otherwise I much prefer to have more tactical characters.

I am debating between Knight Enchanter, Necromancer or Assassin myself. I still am not sure. The new animations and crazy particle effects really make me want to do some sort of Mage but I am not sure which I would do. Assassin would be more fun because you are more active with movement but really I never seem to have AS MUCH fun playing as those types in RPGs generally.

Also, for those that don't know all the classes right now, this is what they have

http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Classes_and_specializations_(Inquisition)

Both previous games I ran a rogue character, don't see a reason to stop now. I have been trying to keep my exposure to a minimum on Inquisition, so haven't really read up on the subclasses. The Tempest seems to match how I played the previous two rogues, but I can see the Assassin working as well.

I will probably go with some sort of male human or elf mage...haven't decided which yet. I've played each class in the previous games and have had a lot of fun with the rogues, too, but always get underwhelmed by the warriors. The big, sweeping melee attacks are fun, but I feel like you get he best variety of abilities from the mage. Man, I remember how giddy I was when I first discovered "walking bomb."

So excited that our wait is almost over. Any confirmation of Sandal? I need ENCHANTMENTS!

So I was reading on the EA Access page that apparently you do not get achievements from the demos, which makes sense. How does that work in this case then, I would imagine you get them unlocked once the full game is released? If I have it preordered and preloaded even it should know that but I doubt that.

Any official word?

I am getting so stoked for this. Like seriously no other games are doing it for me. Like I know I will enjoy MCC too when it comes out but in the back of my mind I will just be wanting DA haha

So glad I took Wed Thur and Fri off right after the 18th!!

I'm picking up MCC and AC:Unity on Tuesday, but they're just going to the shelf as I wait for Thursday when I can boot up this trial.  I'm not sure when my disc-copy will get here, since I went with Gamestop's free saver shipping.  I do enjoy having games right on the HDD, but this is one I want on the shelf, for the collection. 

I'm picking up MCC and AC:Unity on Tuesday, but they're just going to the shelf as I wait for Thursday when I can boot up this trial. I'm not sure when my disc-copy will get here, since I went with Gamestop's free saver shipping. I do enjoy having games right on the HDD, but this is one I want on the shelf, for the collection.
4 man squad in AC:U? :D

If anyone's grabbing the PC version (I know this is the Xbox thread), I'd be willing to make some appearances like I did for ME3 MP. I always love stomping in these types of MP games.4

I really wish the 6 hour trial was actual gameplay. I know I am going to spend at least 40 minutes playing with the character creator!

Debating if I want the guide for this or not. Usually I only buy guides for big RPGs like Skyrim, and also GTA.

I don't care about the price, just debating if the content will be worth it.

Debating if I want the guide for this or not. Usually I only buy guides for big RPGs like Skyrim, and also GTA.

I haven't found guides 'worth it' for the actual content since the internet haha. But seriously yeah I never buy strategy guides anymore. The only game books I ever buy are the artbooks.

I did get the Dark Souls strategy guide because I wanted detailed shots of the character designs and stuff and to use it for weapon info (otherwise using it for the actual areas defeats the purpose of DS) but then they patched it and the stats of the weapons changed and my book was useless. Because games are able to change so easily and quickly now post release I do not see myself ever buying a physical guide.

Unless the guide DLC gear as some nice looking gear you just like wearing I doubt it will be worth it since if history repeats itself like it has with the previous two games and Awakening then the eventual DLC will bring the best gear in the game. I guess if you want something that might be slightly better than what the game offers you initially you may still be interested but otherwise the future DLC will assuredly bring the best gear down the road.

The main game is taking 80+ hours for some journalists to finish. And they're also admitting they're not doing every single thing in the game. They've (Bioware GM) also said that some areas of the game are bigger than DA:O and DA2 combined. So it may not be full Skyrim, but it sounds like the biggest RPG Bioware has ever done. Your loins, gird them.

Ryuu, you sneaking bastard, picking up a XB1 on the sly. ;) Good job, sir. I ended up getting SYWR to give me back $50 for the price drop on the XB1 I picked up, so it was like $220 out of pocket.

The main game is taking 80+ hours for some journalists to finish. And they're also admitting they're not doing every single thing in the game. They've (Bioware GM) also said that some areas of the game are bigger than DA:O and DA2 combined. So it may not be full Skyrim, but it sounds like the biggest RPG Bioware has ever done. Your loins, gird them.
My loins are girded, sir.

bread's done
Back