Dragon Age: Inquisition - E3 TRAILER

It's ok, I have more than 6 hours :0
tumblr_m2hmjl3huN1ro4u96o1_500.jpg

I don't usually preorder from Gamestop but opted to do an in-store pickup this time due to lack of deals and so I don't have to wait all day for UPS. Is there any way to find out if your local Gamestop will be open midnight for the release besides calling them? I don't mind doing that if so just asking since I know they do midnight releases a lot and if they make it known somewhere since all stores are different.

I don't usually preorder from Gamestop but opted to do an in-store pickup this time due to lack of deals and so I don't have to wait all day for UPS. Is there any way to find out if your local Gamestop will be open midnight for the release besides calling them? I don't mind doing that if so just asking since I know they do midnight releases a lot and if they make it known somewhere since all stores are different.
http://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/events/11-18-MidnightLaunch/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=socialmedia&utm_content=110614&utm_campaign=1117midnight_event&cid=soc_10000003

So, even the achievements unlock! (Guessing it's only if you have a digital preorder.) Access is the bomb.
They unlock for you visually as you do them but if you go to your account, they aren't actually there.

EDIT

Also, there are a bunch of things I have run into that say 'Not available in Trial' which is bullshit seeing as they said it is completely open and we can do whatever we want. And since I have the deluxe edition all of my early game has been played without the bonus gear so I hope it is still useful at my level once I get the full release.

And yes I took about an hour making my character hahah I just played around at first testing everything and then I just really focused on my both beautiful yet menacing female elf mage (who will be a necromancer once I am able to). I do kind of wish I started a rogue because they do seem really fun but the mage animations are pretty amazing.

IMG_20141112_200834_660.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
And yes I took about an hour making my character
My dude, who took about five minutes: :lol:

15595898388_7f56878678_o.jpg

Surprisingly, that is the most normal looking male hairstyle, they're all kind of weird. I would upload some movies but my Bone doesn't want to, I keep getting a "try again later" error message.

His name is Alec Trevelyan btw.

007_GoldenEye_-_Alec_Trevelyan.png

All GS that are allowed to be open at midnight will be next Monday b/c that is the release of not only Dragon Age, but Far Cry 4, GTA V/WWE 2K15 new gen, & other assorted games that aren't Nintendo's Friday releases (which my store is doing a midnight for on Thursday.)

Really debating on male or female human. Both have about 2 or 3 love options (difference being Cassandra vs. Cullen) but having the voice of Traynor is a big draw.

Really debating on male or female human. Both have about 2 or 3 love options (difference being Cassandra vs. Cullen) but having the voice of Traynor is a big draw.
Yeah, I'm already thinking about a female elf mage with Traynor's voice for my second playthrough. I'm happy with the British male voice though, he's really good so far and it reminds me a lot of Alistair from Origins even though it's not the same guy.

All GS that are allowed to be open at midnight will be next Monday b/c that is the release of not only Dragon Age, but Far Cry 4, GTA V/WWE 2K15 new gen, & other assorted games that aren't Nintendo's Friday releases (which my store is doing a midnight for on Thursday.)
I went with BB. Deluxe Edition $56 pre-tax with GCU. Have to go a little out of my way for a midnight opening best buy though.

It is kind of lame that you can only go to Haven and the Ferelden Hinterlands in the demo, and you can't advance the story to the Val Royeaux mission. But there is a ton of stuff to do in the Hinterlands, it really feels like Elder Scrolls in that you can just walk around for hours with no particular goal, just stumbling upon interesting things to do and see.

It is kind of lame that you can only go to Haven and the Ferelden Hinterlands in the demo, and you can't advance the story to the Val Royeaux mission. But there is a ton of stuff to do in the Hinterlands, it really feels like Elder Scrolls in that you can just walk around for hours with no particular goal, just stumbling upon interesting things to do and see.
Yeah I honestly can't get over just how many things there actually are to see and do. You are hard pressed to wander for a couple minutes and NOT stumble on yet another new side-mission.

I have about 20 minutes left in my demo and while I agree that it does suck that you can't really progress the story all that much, I bet that was intentional to force people to realize, 'Holy shit there is so much to do'

This is going to consume my life once it is fully released haha

Time to go look over the cheat sheet for romance options, as I think each gender/race options only gets a max of 4 possible love interests.

Cheat sheet:

Male inquisitor: Cassandra, Dorian, Iron Bull, Josephine

Female inquisitor: Blackwall, Sera, Iron Bull, Josephine, Cullen (human + elven only), Solas (elven only)
I think I know which one I'm going to do first to give maximum options. ;)

Yeah, I'm already thinking about a female elf mage with Traynor's voice for my second playthrough. I'm happy with the British male voice though, he's really good so far and it reminds me a lot of Alistair from Origins even though it's not the same guy.
Traynor's voice is a big +++ for a second playthrough as a female character. The one who did Alistair's voice in Origins was pretty good, so if the that male voice sounds like it, then that's also a plus.

I went with BB. Deluxe Edition $56 pre-tax with GCU. Have to go a little out of my way for a midnight opening best buy though.
I had that as my option until I went with the "lost my mind GS edition".

That does seem a little lame to limit it like that, since EA claimed it was full-open within the time limit of the demo. Not a shocker since it's EA.

Time to go look over the cheat sheet for romance options, as I think each gender/race options only gets a max of 4 possible love interests.

Cheat sheet:

Female inquisitor: Blackwall, Sera, Iron Bull, Josephine, Cullen (human + elven only), Solas (elven only)

Traynor's voice is a big +++ for a second playthrough as a female character. The one who did Alistair's voice in Origins was pretty good, so if the that male voice sounds like it, then that's also a plus.

That does seem a little lame to limit it like that, since EA claimed it was full-open within the time limit of the demo. Not a shocker since it's EA.

Cheat sheet:

I wish I could start another 6 hours with a different character...

Would love to make a female human archer and compare which I would rather do for the first real run through.

I wish I could start another 6 hours with a different character...

Would love to make a female human archer and compare which I would rather do for the first real run through.
I remember reading about people buying EA Access on multiple gamertags just to play another 6 hours of the Madden demo... :cold:

yea i have a fire and ice mage right now, everything is exploding to the tune of let it goooooo let it goooo
I am enjoying the lightning. I have gotten the first three powers in the Spiritual tree so that I can spawn a shield when damaged and lower my aggro levels. Otherwise I am all lightning and the one fire move you start with. Solas I have as all ice and so he is the one dashing around with that awesome ability haha

So what are the early reports on the combat, does it feel more similar to DA:O or DA2?
Actually, it could be distinctly either. Normally, it played a lot like DA2, which I loved. But, hit the select (or whatever the hell you call the left "select" button) and you're immediately playing like Origins. It's great!

I played an hour, as a female Quanari dual-blade Rogue. Lot of fun, you get right into the story quickly and the game is just gorgeous. The music is great stuff.

Does the game work well with dual specializations like fire and ice mages or is it best to just stick down one path?
I have split my concentration between a couple and it seems to be fine now. Not sure what the level cap is though so you may not be able to reach the end tier moves for each if you do that. Each branch has pretty solid moves just in the beginning alone though. Like the Spiritual branch, I just want the first couple ones and same with the Ice branch and then I want the rest all lightning and it seemed to work fine that way for me so far in the trial.

Supposedly there is no hard cap, but you can get to 23 or 24 doing pretty much all the quest content there is in the game. Then theoretically you could keep on grinding enemies but it would probably take forever to get any higher.

To those playing the 6 hour thing, how much physical customization do they give you with the Qunari? Are they all big brute builds or do you get a lot of freedom with their physique?

I have split my concentration between a couple and it seems to be fine now. Not sure what the level cap is though so you may not be able to reach the end tier moves for each if you do that. Each branch has pretty solid moves just in the beginning alone though. Like the Spiritual branch, I just want the first couple ones and same with the Ice branch and then I want the rest all lightning and it seemed to work fine that way for me so far in the trial.
Now to decide, fire or lightning, lol. Both sound fun enough.

To those playing the 6 hour thing, how much physical customization do they give you with the Qunari? Are they all big brute builds or do you get a lot of freedom with their physique?
There is only facial customization. Each race and sex have a set physique.

They're being tight-lipped about it because it's such a fraught thing to talk about these days, but I hope they're planning some cool and substantial DLC. (I've barely started the game and I already want more!) It broke my heart that DA2 was supposed to get an Awakening-sized expansion but it never happened.

They're being tight-lipped about it because it's such a fraught thing to talk about these days, but I hope they're planning some cool and substantial DLC. (I've barely started the game and I already want more!) It broke my heart that DA2 was supposed to get an Awakening-sized expansion but it never happened.
Remember, They announced that some DLC was coming to Xbox One first. Who knows what it could be given the size and scope of the base game.

Just got slapped with the "Time's up" screen while leading a druffalo back home. :lol: Very ready to stop putzing around in the Hinterlands and finally advance the story come Tuesday!

360 footage. Looks all right but I'm definitely glad I went for current gen!

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gsQxkJjydQ[/youtube]

The game looks good on the 360.  If I hadn't seen the X1 version, I'd probably not have much to say.  But, HAVING played the Xbox One version..holy smokes, the 360 version just doesn't compare.  The current gen version just looks amazing and like I told a couple friends the other day, it's delivering on the promise of the next gen along with AC Unity, in terms of graphics. 

The game looks good on the 360. If I hadn't seen the X1 version, I'd probably not have much to say. But, HAVING played the Xbox One version..holy smokes, the 360 version just doesn't compare. The current gen version just looks amazing and like I told a couple friends the other day, it's delivering on the promise of the next gen along with AC Unity, in terms of graphics.
Let's hope it's not delivering the same level of bugginess as Unity ;)

I was surprised that when the trial was over it didn't prompt you with the option to save. I forgot to mention that when my time ran up.

Not like it was a huge deal but since there wasn't really a timer telling you exactly when it was over it is odd to not provide us with something like, "Your trial is over, would you like to save your progress so that when you purchase the full game you can continue from this very point?" or something to do one final drive even to get the sale.

bread's done
Back