Dragon Age: Inquisition - E3 TRAILER

[quote name="Spybreak9" post="12250851" timestamp="1416358037"]Well this is bullshit, in order to get the pre-order shipped with free release day shipping I had to pre-order in October. When I was talking with the Microsoft Store CS chick she told me that it varies between items and that the information would be on page that's not there anymore since the item, in this case the game, has been released. Talk about a convenient fucking loophole.[/quote]
I would get them to pony up something for their screw up, like a discount on the purchase or a free gift card. Kick their ass, Seabass.

At least I knew I wasn't going to get my copy on release day from GS with free shipping, which I am OK.

To Shrike and Chubbyninja,

I'm sorry if my hype caused you to buy the DA CE. After seeing the contents, and really it was a bit beyond my means at the moment but I didn't know that would be the case in May, I decided to sell it since I got nearly double on EBay what I paid for it. Given that the ONLY thing that interested me post viewing of the first real unboxing video of the set was the Steelbook I couldn't justify not getting my money back and then some. I wanted to maybe take the profit and put it towards the Kingdom Hearts 2.5 CE, but that sold out earlier tonight.

Here's the video that convinced me but you guys do what you wish. I don't know about XB1, but the PS4 CE were listing buy it now for around $330 but I sold my with an offer of $285. The auctions seemed to be ending around $300 so that's why I settled for $285.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwfynbNtkog

Last edited by a moderator:
Started the game last night. Only played through the intro and little more until I got back to Haven, but man, I love this. Most reviews say they spent 80 hours on the story, but with the way I already keep running off into the woods to pick up resources, this is going to take me 120 hours. Just playing the beginning, it was like, "Hey I know there are demons all over the place and you want me to hurry, but I want to follow this river bed for a bit..Ooooo! Elfroot!"

Also, I am thrilled that I didn't have to wait until I was 2/3 of the way through the game before finding decent robes for my mage.

I'm sorry if my hype caused you to buy the DA CE. After seeing the contents, and really it was a bit beyond my means at the moment but I didn't know that would be the case in May, I decided to sell it since I got nearly double on EBay what I paid for it. Given that the ONLY thing that interested me post viewing of the first real unboxing video of the set was the Steelbook I couldn't justify not getting my money back and then some. I wanted to maybe take the profit and put it towards the Kingdom Hearts 2.5 CE, but that sold out earlier tonight.

Here's the video that convinced me but you guys do what you wish. I don't know about XB1, but the PS4 CE were listing buy it now for around $330 but I sold my with an offer of $285. The auctions seemed to be ending around $300 so that's why I settled for $285.
That video was a bit of a buzzkill on what it's coming with. I'm tempted to either list it on eBay and take a chance on getting someone to not pay for it, or just return it back to GS and not even worry about trying to sell it.

Hey man, no worries. This, I figured, was a likely outcome for me too. I didn't want to be stuck without the ability to get it, if it turned out to be something I really, really wanted. I saw a quick unboxing vid and wasn't blown away. I may sell it, too. I should have it today, so we'll see. I figure, I have $100 invested in the LE. If I can get at least that for it, I'm good. I really like that cloth map, tho. I was thinking of framing it.

Hey man, no worries. This, I figured, was a likely outcome for me too. I didn't want to be stuck without the ability to get it, if it turned out to be something I really, really wanted. I saw a quick unboxing vid and wasn't blown away. I may sell it, too. I should have it today, so we'll see. I figure, I have $100 invested in the LE. If I can get at least that for it, I'm good. I really like that cloth map, tho. I was thinking of framing it.
Mine just showed up and GS shipped it in the raw Bioware box, without any exterior shipping box on it. :bomb:

Gee thanks, GS. Good job.

How is that even possible?? The game is taped to the top of the triforce box? That's jacked up. Looks like mine was delivered.
All of my stuff is shipped to work versus home, so it's sitting here next to me. It's the package box from Bioware, where it says "Bioware ULC" "Part #: DAI-IE", plus other stuff like "FRAGILE - HANDLE WITH CARE". :bomb:

I haven't opened it yet and I'm seriously thinking about returning it to GS and washing my hands of it, rather than deal with any foolishness on eBay for it. Bids are starting to drop on it down to $225-$250, so I think trying to make money on it is starting to seem less likely.

EDIT: I'm thinking of not even going the physical route with this, since Best Buy won't give me the $10 for the pre-order any longer nor the pre-order bonus, so it would be either getting the Deluxe for $55.99 + tax or go digital and get it for $62.99 from Microsoft since I have EA Access with the 10% discount and bought MS money on the cheaper (20% off) from NewEgg last year. With tax, it would be about $60 from Best Buy, so it would be saving a few dollars to get some RZ points and a physical copy.

All of my stuff is shipped to work versus home, so it's sitting here next to me. It's the package box from Bioware, where it says "Bioware ULC" "Part #: DAI-IE", plus other stuff like "FRAGILE - HANDLE WITH CARE". :bomb:

I haven't opened it yet and I'm seriously thinking about returning it to GS and washing my hands of it, rather than deal with any foolishness on eBay for it. Bids are starting to drop on it down to $225-$250, so I think trying to make money on it is starting to seem less likely.

EDIT: I'm thinking of not even going the physical route with this, since Best Buy won't give me the $10 for the pre-order any longer nor the pre-order bonus, so it would be either getting the Deluxe for $55.99 + tax or go digital and get it for $62.99 from Microsoft since I have EA Access with the 10% discount and bought MS money on the cheaper (20% off) from NewEgg last year. With tax, it would be about $60 from Best Buy, so it would be saving a few dollars to get some RZ points and a physical copy.
If you're talking about the $10 pre-order "victory can be pre-ordered" kickback, I'm pretty sure that wasn't offered. I pre-ordered in September and wasn't offered that/didn't get any afterwards. Unless I'm missing something.

If you're talking about the $10 pre-order "victory can be pre-ordered" kickback, I'm pretty sure that wasn't offered. I pre-ordered in September and wasn't offered that/didn't get any afterwards. Unless I'm missing something.
I thought that DA: I was one the games with the $10 RZ cert for pre-ordering, as I think I had that when I preordered it from BB twice, one for the 360 version and then when I switched out for the XB1 version.

I just returned the Inqiusitor Edition back to GS and will end up making a few dollars after it's all said and done, since the in-store return uses the local tax rate and the online tax rate charged is different. Was about $5 more in a return with the tax difference and I'm on a chat session with GS to get my $6.50 in handling charge back.

Odd thing is the rep in-store said her BF is a huge DA fan and she put aside the Inquisitor Edition box of extras for him to pick up since it's a separate SKU with a $100 price.

EDIT: chubby, I opened up the outer box to pull out the packing list, since you need that for returns. The game is sitting on a plastic tray over the box of goodies, so it's not taped to the top of the box. The goodies box is semi-sealed in the outer box and it is a huge chest-looking box. That's as far as I made it. GS must have opened up the outer box, tossed the packing list in the box and then resealed it before shipping.

I just went through the Dragon Age Keep for the first time today and uploaded my changes to the cloud or whatever you do.  When I fire up DA:I for the first time will it automatically pull my decisions from the cloud or do I need to do anything special?  

FYI:  I'm on PC but I don't really think that should matter here.

I just went through the Dragon Age Keep for the first time today and uploaded my changes to the cloud or whatever you do. When I fire up DA:I for the first time will it automatically pull my decisions from the cloud or do I need to do anything special?

FYI: I'm on PC but I don't really think that should matter here.
As you start a new game, there will be prompt at some point asking if you want to import a worldstate from The Keep. I can't remember where it fell in the sequence of things, but it's pretty early in the process.

Ok thanks for the info. Once I get some of my pc hardware issues ironed out I plan on diving right in, looking forward to it.

I'm with you, Hitman and Shrike.  The Inquisitor's Edition was a letdown.  It's not like we didn't know the contents, but the quality surprised me.  This was supposed to be special?  I knew it was a random collection of trinkets and whatnots, but I didn't expect it to feel like Target $1-spot quality plastic.  And the way everything was shaken loose from its packaging?  For the price of the LE content, it was pretty sad.  The map was cool and so was the steelbook if that's your thing (it's not my thing), but not enough to justify keeping it.  I sold just the LE content and kept the game.  $245 total on ebay and it sold in about 20 minutes.  That's a nice, quick free game and a little profit to boot.

As you start a new game, there will be prompt at some point asking if you want to import a worldstate from The Keep. I can't remember where it fell in the sequence of things, but it's pretty early in the process.
It's right during the character creator. I can vouch for it working. I spoke to the Quartermaster in Haven and she had all kinds of things to say about what happened in Origins in the playthrough I uploaded in the Keep. Love live King Alistair!

2nd day off from work/ no game, & heading back to work tomorrow. If it doesn't come tomorrow then most likely that damn snow storm that hit Buffalo could have caused a delay. Hoping it will come tomorrow.

I'm with you, Hitman and Shrike. The Inquisitor's Edition was a letdown. It's not like we didn't know the contents, but the quality surprised me. This was supposed to be special? I knew it was a random collection of trinkets and whatnots, but I didn't expect it to feel like Target $1-spot quality plastic. And the way everything was shaken loose from its packaging? For the price of the LE content, it was pretty sad. The map was cool and so was the steelbook if that's your thing (it's not my thing), but not enough to justify keeping it. I sold just the LE content and kept the game. $245 total on ebay and it sold in about 20 minutes. That's a nice, quick free game and a little profit to boot.
Had Hitman not posted that unboxing video, I would have gone ahead and opened it. I know the Inquisitor Edition was a mismash of items around a steelbook, though the quality of the items wasn't worth a $170 package. Especially when multiple CAGs have reported broken items in their packages, so that was all that would be what someone on eBay would have fired off a SNAD or some other complaint, even though it wouldn't have been opened on my end.

Glad you could sell the extras without much issue. I know I would have been the lucky one to get burned. Better to return it and cover everything and not worry about it. Picked up the Deluxe digital copy and unlocked the previously downloaded demo. Haven't started on it yet, of course. -s I did get the Red Lyrium weapons on the Dragon Age site, plus unlocked the bonus items from the CE guide. Guess there's always tomorrow.

2nd day off from work/ no game, & heading back to work tomorrow. If it doesn't come tomorrow then most likely that damn snow storm that hit Buffalo could have caused a delay. Hoping it will come tomorrow.
Do you have a tracking number and can see where it is? If it's really a weather delay, you should see a weather delay in the tracking information.

I understand your point, Shrike, about the hassle of ebay.  I did open my Inq Ed only because the slip cover was easy to slide off an on.  I don't know if I was missing a seal or sticker or something, but I did check the contents.  Hopefully everything goes well with the sale.  But that's why I keep the $$ in paypal until I hear that the item arrived safe and sound. 

Is there anyway to tell if an area/quest on the map is above your level?

Kinda annoying when I wanna do everything on the map only to get my ass handed to me by some higher level enemy I can't defeat, lol.

At least they are super generous with checkpoints.

Is there anyway to tell if an area/quest on the map is above your level?

Kinda annoying when I wanna do everything on the map only to get my ass handed to me by some higher level enemy I can't defeat, lol.

At least they are super generous with checkpoints.
Only way I know is to switch to tactical view far out and look at enemies level. If much higher than yours, run away before they engage you.

A few random thoughts:

- The "primal-trained longma" from the CE guide DLC is one F-ed up looking creature. Best mount.

- I'm surprised and pleased by how much this game truly is a sequel to Dragon Age II. You might think given that game's reception that BioWare would want to sweep it under the rug a bit, but the opposite is true. Characters and story elements from DA2 are very prominent in this game.

- The game is an absolute embarrassment of riches in terms of funny lines, endearing character interactions, fan service references to previous games, just everything you'd want from a BioWare game. One of the hardest things about missions is choosing which 6 characters I have to leave behind; I wish I could take everyone along all the time just to hear what they have to say about it. But that's what multiple playthroughs are for!

A few random thoughts:

- The "primal-trained longma" from the CE guide DLC is one F-ed up looking creature. Best mount.

- I'm surprised and pleased by how much this game truly is a sequel to Dragon Age II. You might think given that game's reception that BioWare would want to sweep it under the rug a bit, but the opposite is true. Characters and story elements from DA2 are very prominent in this game.

- The game is an absolute embarrassment of riches in terms of funny lines, endearing character interactions, fan service references to previous games, just everything you'd want from a BioWare game. One of the hardest things about missions is choosing which 6 characters I have to leave behind; I wish I could take everyone along all the time just to hear what they have to say about it. But that's what multiple playthroughs are for!
Good to hear that the mount from the CE guide is worth it, so it makes the CE guide feel like a better purchase, especially with the eGuide, which looks pretty good and is tablet-friendly.

How much of references to DA: O are there, if any, that you've run across? I think Bioware knew the core of what they were trying to do with DA2 was good and I would have to agree, though there were so many changes from DA: O as well as the shortcuts they took to meet release date, you had to swallow those bitter pills to get to the good stuff in DA2.

Sounds like it's DA2 and ME1/2/3 all over again for great lines between character combinations. Always a good thing.

I feel like story-wise, the events and people of Dragon Age II are much more relevant to this game than anything from Origins (which took place 10+ years ago in-world at this point). At least so far. I have encountered one major cameo from an Origins companion (aside from Leliana), and a couple of minor references. Also, one dwarven member of the Inquisition who's introduced in Skyhold seemed familiar to me but I couldn't quite place her; sure enough, I looked up her name on the wiki and she was involved in a sidequest in Origins. That was pretty cool to discover.

Also I love that they gave Ali Hillis a semi-prominent voice role in this game. Still waiting to hear if Mark Meer or Jennifer Hale show up...

Time to have the Reapers show up in a deus ex machina moment with Shepard's consciousness controlling them?
tumblr_inline_nehf54mgBH1qb4j8p.png

I feel I'm going to get a lot of mileage out of this picture.

I like it though I'm disappointed Bioware went the Skyrim route and seemingly made most of the locations huge walk fests. HINT - making a huge ass map that takes forever to traverse through doesn't count when you brag how long your game is or even how big it is, developers. I'm not saying I liked the repeating dungeons in DA2 either (though I really didn't care at the same time, these are story-based games, not epic exploration ones where the map really matters) but it just seems like a kinda lazy to fill in time.

I like it though I'm disappointed Bioware went the Skyrim route and seemingly made most of the locations huge walk fests. HINT - making a huge ass map that takes forever to traverse through doesn't count when you brag how long your game is or even how big it is, developers. I'm not saying I liked the repeating dungeons in DA2 either (though I really didn't care at the same time, these are story-based games, not epic exploration ones where the map really matters) but it just seems like a kinda lazy to fill in time.
In other words, you're saying they are overcompensating for something small? ;)

I never had the luxury of *that*, as I had the bug where one of the items you needed to find couldn't be found, so I was out of luck.

That's OK, Merrill still loved me. :D/

Yeah my game finally showed up although I got a package, it was a box, and I was like wait a minute I got the Deluxe Edition right? I didn't get extras or anything like that yep as I opened the box I discover packing material and lots and lots of air. Haha, that was funny, yeah I got the game finally!

It took me 2 & a half hours to get home instead of an hour and 10 minutes because winter weather/ accident on 20. I guess I am appreciative that they got the game to me today with what's going on weather wise in this state lol. Installing now!

Gah, this game is so amazing.

By far my favorite interactions are between Sera and Iron Bull, such vulgar stupid funny random stuff with them

EDIT

Also, has anyone found a way to actually get those weapons from that online 'game'?

[quote name="BrolyB593" post="12256311" timestamp="1416534421"]Gah, this game is so amazing.

By far my favorite interactions are between Sera and Iron Bull, such vulgar stupid funny random stuff with them

EDIT

Also, has anyone found a way to actually get those weapons from that online 'game'?[/quote]
They are supposed to be Level 7 weapons from what someone earlier in the thread had mentioned.

You don't get them until Skyhold.
I don't even know what that is and I don't want to because I have been avoiding any and all spoilers but the fact that I am already level 9 ( I think just about to hit 10) and I still haven't gotten those weapons is dumb since I won't even use them at all now...

I've played about 25 hours since Tuesday night, and I'm at the major event about 1/3 of the way through the game where the main villain is revealed.
Dragon Age 2 fans that stuck around for the DLC will be very happy.

Right but actually GETTING them. I am level 9 and have not found them in Haven or at any merchants or as 'recipes'
You won't get them until later in the game after you recruit a certain character that does magical upgrades to weapons.

Also how do you upgrade Bianca? I have a couple of parts but can't figure out how to do the upgrade. I wonder if I have to wait for the same character as the Red Lyrium weapons are waiting for.

Also how do you upgrade Bianca? I have a couple of parts but can't figure out how to do the upgrade. I wonder if I have to wait for the same character as the Red Lyrium weapons are waiting for.
This took me a while to figure out. The trick is that when you go into the weapon upgrade menu, you have to have Varric selected as your active character in order to see Bianca on the list.

I was going to start on DA: I yesterday and then remembered I didn't go into Keep and set things up from my DA: O, Awakenings, and DA2 playthroughs.

I think I spent over an hour on the Keep site using IE on the XB1.  Having Varric narrate the visual on the Keep run-through was just awesome and then some.  I was quite impressed with the options it provided, including some I didn't remember from the three games since I didn't think I hit those spots.

Oddly enough, a number of the "big" decisions matched what I did in my game, so I guess I picked the "right"/default options for a non-updated playthrough.

Only way I know is to switch to tactical view far out and look at enemies level. If much higher than yours, run away before they engage you.
Thank you for that. I am an idiot :D .

I died like only three times last night. Two of those were my fault, but the other time was a double bear attack after I cleared out a wave of enemies. Now I am doing much better.

bread's done
Back