Dragon Age: Inquisition - E3 TRAILER

If you redeemed the deluxe edition code, go to dragonage.com and the soundtrack is on the media tab.
Also beware it unzips to .wav files. I don't know about ITunes, but I know the Zune software won't see .wav files. Good luck trying to find a .wav to .mp3 converter that isn't a trojan horse for spy/malware. If anyone knows of a good program I would like to hear it.

I just read through that whole thing for the first time and aside from some minor mistakes in the details (Chant of Light, not Chant of Andraste; the current Divine is Justinia V, not Justinia I; etc.) it's a really great summary of the world and backstory.

Over the Thanksgiving holiday in fact, my brother-in-law watched me play a little of Inquisition and of course asked me "what is the game about". I'm like, uh... um... Where do I begin? :lol: Very difficult to sum up the premise of Inquisition in a sentence.

As for the deluxe edition, after playing the game I would say that the bonus content is no big deal at all. There are so many mounts and thrones that the DE ones kind of get lost in the mix. Same for the preorder weapons and armor really. They may be the best stuff for your class at the very beginning of the game but quickly just become one option among dozens. I would only worry about it if you consider yourself a Dragon Age completionist.

I bought both _Asunder_ and _The Masked Empire_, and I ended up starting Empire first just because it plays directly into the Halamshiral mission in Inquisition and I was interested in the background to that. About a quarter of the way in so far, and I'm enjoying it greatly. This is the first time I've really delved into any "expanded universe" stuff for a video game (not even for Mass Effect), so it's a new nerd frontier for me. :D
Thing is at level 10 and 15 you get schematics to make upgraded versions of those Deluxe Edition weapons/armor that are much more powerful. I've been wearing the same armor, just different versions, for most of the game.

Deluxe is really only worth it if you want the soundtrack, otherwise just pass on it. The DLC weapons/armor you obtain get surpassed pretty fast and visually aren't anything special. There's that extra mount I guess but that's definitely not worth it.

But did you guys use the skematics to get the upgraded versions? I find few unique things for a S&S Warrior Inquisitor that are better than the upgraded Dragon armor/shield. Do find a few better weapons but not often.

Did have an awesome axe drop from the Hinterlands dragon I've used for the last 15 hours & outclasses every other one-handed weapon I've seen by almost 100 dps.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also beware it unzips to .wav files. I don't know about ITunes, but I know the Zune software won't see .wav files. Good luck trying to find a .wav to .mp3 converter that isn't a trojan horse for spy/malware. If anyone knows of a good program I would like to hear it.
Ahh thanks Chubby and Hitman. Yeah Hitman use Free Studio, been using it for some time and just don't install the bloat ware when you go through the setup. Program can do pretty much anything you need. http://www.dvdvideosoft.com/free-dvd-video-software.htm#.VIUCEMso7qA

I redeemed my code and the game told me to go to the stables to change mounts but when I went to use it I didnt have any to choose from (just the original available). Perhaps it's area or level based?

Ohhhh, yeah I sorta screwed myself over on that topic as I have gotten into a waiting period for all my agents (missions that take 24 hours). Yeah pro tip, free up one agent to do short missions lol.

Thinking of getting this in the B2G1 at BB.  Is there any reason to get the Deluxe edition?   Any chance the deluxe content or pre order bonuses from the 360 version unlock the same content in the XB1 version?  Figured it might be tied to your EA account somehow. 

Thinking of getting this in the B2G1 at BB. Is there any reason to get the Deluxe edition? Any chance the deluxe content or pre order bonuses from the 360 version unlock the same content in the XB1 version? Figured it might be tied to your EA account somehow.
they are separate codes i think - it did not let me redeem 360 codes for my x1 version

deluxe contains soundtrack, new throne, horse (with) armor, armor/weapon for your main character that can be upgraded later

But did you guys use the skematics to get the upgraded versions? I find few unique things for a S&S Warrior Inquisitor that are better than the upgraded Dragon armor/shield. Do find a few better weapons but not often.

Did have an awesome axe drop from the Hinterlands dragon I've used for the last 15 hours & outclasses every other one-handed weapon I've seen by almost 100 dps.
Doesn't matter since when the eventual DLC hits its weapons/armor will smoke anything that's already in the game. It's been that way for 1, Awakening and 2 and I don't see why they'd stop the trend now so whatever you find in this just use and not worry about it.

I wish you could post spoilers on mobile; beat the game Sunday night but am pissed about the ending & may have to replay it to change it.

Well my issue was a choice I didn't realize I had made. I have a save from the midway point of What Pride Had Wrought so I may just pickup from there again as the choice was apparently made by me right after that.

I wish you could post spoilers on mobile; beat the game Sunday night but am pissed about the ending & may have to replay it to change it.
You can, just have to know the html code but it's easy: Bracket SPOILER Bracket The actual spoiler. Bracket backwards slash SPOILER bracket

THIS GAME IS AMAZEBALLS! Can't remember what the quest was but it was a major storyline one recovering what happened in the beginning. I'd be very surprised if the end was better. That's what happened with ME3.

OK thanks Spy but it's much easier to get to spoiler tag on PC.

So I thought I had screwed up and when I
denied pledging my support to Leiliana to be the new Divine thinking I had done so tens of hours ago to Cassandra,
I restarted my save in the middle of What Pride Had Wrought and replayed the last 3 hours of the game. The reason I did this was
Vivienne was made the new Divine.

I replayed the quest,
had the discussion with Leiliana pledging to support her as the Divine
after the Pride quest, yet
Vivienne
still got it. What did I do wrong?

Also I think the 2nd Inner Circle quest for Dorian is bugged. It should be able to be done by females as it isn't the romance specific quest and I've seen video of female Elf Inquisitors with him for it, but I never get the quest from the Mother that is with you the whole game. There's also a bug where it doesn't trigger if you take the whole party into the area where the cutscene plays but you have to control Dorian, tell everyone else to hold, then enter with him to trigger the scene.

When researching it I ended up on GameFAQ's and someone on there was in almost every single thread saying how terrible the game was and it should have only been on new consoles so they would have known to save up the money for a new console and wait to play the game until then or they should have just spent the money on anime and been happier as they've traded in the game they waited 4 years for (yet say how DA 2 is better minus environments.)

God how I hate GameFAQ's.

I replayed the quest,
had the discussion with Leiliana pledging to support her as the Divine
after the Pride quest, yet
Vivienne
still got it. What did I do wrong?
I've read a little about this on BSN and apparently it's based on decisions and conversations from all throughout the game that all add up to the end result, rather than any one decision point. I don't think the full formula has even been worked out yet. I know in my first game
I lobbied for Leliana whenever possible, even told her straight out that I supported her candidacy, and in the end Cassandra was elected anyway. I didn't even know that Vivienne could be a candidate until I read about it later; in my game it never came up.

(yet say how DA 2 is better minus environments.)
This is the way of angry nerds. The newest thing is always the worst thing possible and everyone hates it, until there's an even newer and trendier thing to focus all the hate on, and then they're allowed to acknowledge that the old thing was maybe kind of okay after all. You watch how ME3's reputation will get rehabilitated as soon as the next game comes out. :lol:

Soooo this patch went out for every system but the Xbox One with that one coming as soon as possible. Since I'm not online did the patch come out yet?

I've read a little about this on BSN and apparently it's based on decisions and conversations from all throughout the game that all add up to the end result, rather than any one decision point. I don't think the full formula has even been worked out yet. I know in my first game
I lobbied for Leliana whenever possible, even told her straight out that I supported her candidacy, and in the end Cassandra was elected anyway. I didn't even know that Vivienne could be a candidate until I read about it later; in my game it never came up.
:
Well if it's that finicky on that plot point I hope we can edit who becomes the Divine in DA Keep for future DA games b/c I don't want who I ended up with.

Just reached level 15 and the superb schematics got unlocked. Trying to trick everyone out and I come back to Varric's Bianca which has a Item Level 1 abs is on the very bottom of the weapon inventory list. I've upgraded it though, currently has Aiming Module II, Sturdy Bianca Grip Bianca Arms III. I know I need more, just need to find the schematics I guess.

Edit: Just found the Ornate Bianca Grip & Bianca Arms IV.

[SIZE=medium]Curious to see what others’ opinions on the companions and advisors of the Inquisition (whether you’ve beaten the game or not), as I’ve been talking about them with a few friends lately and I’d like to jump into some discussions on here. Use whichever rating system you like for the following people (note that there are spoiler tags on a few of these for a reason!) to list how well you think they were written:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Cassandra
Solas
Varric
Leliana
Cullen
Josephine
Vivienne
Sera
The Iron Bull
Blackwall
Dorian
Cole
Hawke
Morrigan
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Personally, after completing only one playthrough, I found that this is how the list looks for me (in order):[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]S Tier
Cassandra
Morrigan
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]A Tier
Cole
Dorian
Hawke
Josephine
Leliana
Cullen
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]B Tier
Varric
Blackwall
Solas

C Tier
Sera
The Iron Bull
Vivienne
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Let no one say that the characters in this game, whether you like them or not, are not dynamic. Most, if not all, of the people I listed where constantly shifting up and down between tiers as more of the game unfolded for me.[/SIZE]

I'm extremely satisfied with all of the companions, at least, the ones I've delved into. (Gotta save some stuff for other playthroughs.) They're fully-realized personalities that always feel consistent and real even when they're showing you a surprising new side of themselves. Cassandra and Dorian are definitely my favorites. But there's not really anyone I think is grating, problematic, or boring.

Compared to the previous games I think it's easily a better cast than Origins (I really only ever strongly connected with Morrigan and Shale, found the others a little on the bland side), and probably overall better than DA2 as well.

I do feel like they maybe didn't do enough with the approval system relative to the other DA games. It seemed pretty effortless to become good buddies with everyone pretty much regardless of what you choose to do in the story. I know you can dismiss certain party members, but is it even possible for them to decide to leave or fight you, like in the previous games? I never felt like I was in much danger of even offending anyone, really.

Sera is my 2nd least favorite character of the entire series, behind only DA 2's Anders. Seems like someone was playing Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines while writing her. (Think the Malkavalian chick in the white top from that game.)

I know a lot of people don't like her and I didn't care for her at first but Sera really grew on me and became one of my favorites. She opens up a bit if you befriend her, I find her humor helps break up things (I'm sorry but I loved playing pranks on everyone; I'm a terrible inquisitor) and she does really care about the common people who are often overlooked and abused.

There was one scene where [customspoiler=very minor spoiler]we stumbled on some dead cooks and servants where some assassins had broken in. Sera was really upset about it and Vivienne was all matter of fact 'Of course. They always kill the servants first so they don't run and tell someone'.[/customspoiler]

Origins easily still has the best companions. You can't get much more memorable than those ones. The only ones I really like here besides the veterans Cassandra and Varric (technically Cassandra isn't a companion veteran but she's came from DA2 and her own film) are Dorian (it's great that this series seems to always have a lovable smartass) and Iron Bull. I thought I'd like Solas a lot but despite his knowledge and personality he really doesn't offer much to the story. I've already covered by thoughts on Sera ugh, Cole is just strange, Vivinne is hot but unfortunately is just like she was described before release - a stuck up, disagreeable bitch who thinks she's the only one that's ever right and Blackwall has more depth than what I pegged him for but still doesn't contribute much.

I love this cast of companions.  So far, I think some of the best banter combinations are Sera/Iron Bull, Vivienne/Cole, and Vivienne/Iron Bull.  Solas is the only character I could do without.  Early on he's interesting, but as the game progressed he just seemed too dry for me.

I love Cole and talk to him every chance I get, but does he resonate with anyone who did not read Asunder?

I love this cast of companions. So far, I think some of the best banter combinations are Sera/Iron Bull, Vivienne/Cole, and Vivienne/Iron Bull. Solas is the only character I could do without. Early on he's interesting, but as the game progressed he just seemed too dry for me.

I love Cole and talk to him every chance I get, but does he resonate with anyone who did not read Asunder?
I haven't read Asunder and he's my favorite companion not named Cassandra.

I'm not using Cole but I'm still talking to him in Skyhold. He hasn't really struck me yet though.

My save file says around 120 hours and I just met my first Dragon lol.

Anyone have something better than this drop from a dragon? It was from either the Hinterlands or Storm Coast dragon while I was in the mid-teens level wise.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B4sBxwcCUAApAEA.jpg

B4sBxwcCUAApAEA.jpg

Origins has the best companions and it's not even close. Whenever a new DA game is announed they want them to show up in the next game.

Origins has the best companions and it's not even close. Whenever a new DA game is announed they want them to show up in the next game.
I wouldn't agree that naming which game has the best companions is as cut and dry as that. All have some really notable positives about their respective cast - I'd say Origins has the most impactful group of companions to date (Alistar could potentially be a king, Morrigan is always off somewhere dallying about with old gods and such, Leliana is behind the scenes of every major plot, Sten is the Qunari Arishok, etc.), whereas Dragon Age 2 has that "lovable band of misfits" feel to it and Inquisition has the most dynamic cast.

For me, Origins has the biggest discrepancy between the likability of the companions. They range from god tier characters like Morrigan and Lelianna to the "Who cares?" tier of Wynne, Shale, and Dog. Such a huge gap between the top and bottom. Awakenings had a really good core group of companions, but it was hard to care much past the badass characters of Anders and Nathaniel. With Dragon Age 2, everyone's kind of on the same level, in my opinion. You don't really have the standout character who has to go on every mission with you, besides maybe Varric. I'd argue that Inquisition has the most well written cast of companions out of all the games/expansions - but they may be a bit of a kneejerk response seeing as how I'm still swept up in the game at 150+ hours (and running strong).

If I had to rank them based on my preference, I'd go:

1. Inquisition

2. Awakenings

3. Origins

4. Dragon Age 2

Alright, I've had this game a couple of weeks and played around 60 hours.  I'm taking my time with the game, playing on PS4.  They need to do something about the menus.  It's a pain in the ass to compare everyone's equipment.  Sometimes when switching characters in the menus I have to wait 5 or 10 seconds for the screen to update!  Getting to a couple of the characters in Skyhold is a pain in the ass so I don't bother going to them between every mission but instead wait for several discussions to stack up and do them all at once.  I hate Vivienne.  Cole seems like a terrible non-character plus I'm playing an assassin rogue so it's pretty pointless for him to be in my group.  I would like to use Varric more but Bianca doesn't upgrade as fast as everyone else's gear.  I think he does something like 120dps and I've got a 320 and a 280 dagger.  Asside from Varric, I think Cassandra, Dorian and Solas are the three most interesting characters.  Sera seems like someone that needs anti-psychotics.  Iron Bull's decision with the Chargers felt really forced.  I probably did the "wrong" thing but I felt like the Chargers were far more interesting characters than some annonomous "help".

I'm taking my time because I want to do as much as possible since I don't play these games a second time (I play almost no game a second time).  I'm not sure if I want to sell it off after finishing it or hold onto it for the DLC.  What's everyone else doing?

Everything considered, the game is pretty damn good.  I honestly believe this is the best game of the year although I realize that's not saying much considering how many subpar disappointments were released.  Even in other years it would have been in the top tiers.  I'm happy I didn't wait for this to hit $20.

I agree completely about the inventory, its just awful. I do not understand why Bioware is simply not capable of designing an inventory system that's even mediocre, I'm not asking for all-time great just not awful every time!

The biggest thing I'd love is to have a compare and contrast when you're picking up loot but I'm spoiled from other games haha. It also took me a while to finally figure out to compare the offhand item as well, doh.

I was reading on Reddit and some dude said he has put in 160 hours into the game and still hasn't beaten it. Lol There are other games out there that you beat the single player in less than 5 hours, cough Call of Duty, cough. Yeah, this game may have some blemishes with UI and loading characters and what not but god I've felt I got my money's worth and I'm not even done either. That reminds me, shit I have to go back to Reckoning one of these days lol as I don't even think I explored half that game.

The biggest thing I'd love is to have a compare and contrast when you're picking up loot but I'm spoiled from other games haha. It also took me a while to finally figure out to compare the offhand item as well, doh.

I was reading on Reddit and some dude said he has put in 160 hours into the game and still hasn't beaten it. Lol There are other games out there that you beat the single player in less than 5 hours, cough Call of Duty, cough. Yeah, this game may have some blemishes with UI and loading characters and what not but god I've felt I got my money's worth and I'm not even done either. That reminds me, shit I have to go back to Reckoning one of these days lol as I don't even think I explored half that game.
I have to wonder what that person's doing as I'm just over 80 hours with the game completed and all I have to do is everything in the Hissing Wastes (visited once,) kill the last 3 dragons, explore the last 3 or 4 side dungeons (one of which requires all the shards to explore fully,) close the last few rifts, and unlock the last few astrariums.

I wouldn't agree that naming which game has the best companions is as cut and dry as that. All have some really notable positives about their respective cast - I'd say Origins has the most impactful group of companions to date (Alistar could potentially be a king, Morrigan is always off somewhere dallying about with old gods and such, Leliana is behind the scenes of every major plot, Sten is the Qunari Arishok, etc.), whereas Dragon Age 2 has that "lovable band of misfits" feel to it and Inquisition has the most dynamic cast.

For me, Origins has the biggest discrepancy between the likability of the companions. They range from god tier characters like Morrigan and Lelianna to the "Who cares?" tier of Wynne, Shale, and Dog. Such a huge gap between the top and bottom. Awakenings had a really good core group of companions, but it was hard to care much past the badass characters of Anders and Nathaniel. With Dragon Age 2, everyone's kind of on the same level, in my opinion. You don't really have the standout character who has to go on every mission with you, besides maybe Varric. I'd argue that Inquisition has the most well written cast of companions out of all the games/expansions - but they may be a bit of a kneejerk response seeing as how I'm still swept up in the game at 150+ hours (and running strong).

If I had to rank them based on my preference, I'd go:

1. Inquisition

2. Awakenings

3. Origins

4. Dragon Age 2
My ranking is probably:

Inquisition

DA 2

Awakening

Origins.

Like some of you even though people rave about Origins I didn't care about anyone outside of Leliana, Morrigan, and Allistair. Awakening was better but Varric, Aveline, Isabella, Bethany, and FemHawke put DA 2 just over for 2nd place to me.

Alright, I've had this game a couple of weeks and played around 60 hours. I'm taking my time with the game, playing on PS4. They need to do something about the menus. It's a pain in the ass to compare everyone's equipment. Sometimes when switching characters in the menus I have to wait 5 or 10 seconds for the screen to update! Getting to a couple of the characters in Skyhold is a pain in the ass so I don't bother going to them between every mission but instead wait for several discussions to stack up and do them all at once. I hate Vivienne. Cole seems like a terrible non-character plus I'm playing an assassin rogue so it's pretty pointless for him to be in my group. I would like to use Varric more but Bianca doesn't upgrade as fast as everyone else's gear. I think he does something like 120dps and I've got a 320 and a 280 dagger. Asside from Varric, I think Cassandra, Dorian and Solas are the three most interesting characters. Sera seems like someone that needs anti-psychotics. Iron Bull's decision with the Chargers felt really forced. I probably did the "wrong" thing but I felt like the Chargers were far more interesting characters than some annonomous "help".

I'm taking my time because I want to do as much as possible since I don't play these games a second time (I play almost no game a second time). I'm not sure if I want to sell it off after finishing it or hold onto it for the DLC. What's everyone else doing?

Everything considered, the game is pretty damn good. I honestly believe this is the best game of the year although I realize that's not saying much considering how many subpar disappointments were released. Even in other years it would have been in the top tiers. I'm happy I didn't wait for this to hit $20.
Just have to search everywhere for those upgraded Bianca Arms (I found the level 6 version somewhere) and put a Master Corrupting rune on Bianca to increase it's DPS by about 30 points.

Edit: Scratch that someone else went into GS today & Dragon Age still has the $40 TIV, but pro only gets $2.70 more as base TIV dropped to $27. The $40 trade is only for a couple of more days though.

I have to wonder what that person's doing as I'm just over 80 hours with the game completed and all I have to do is everything in the Hissing Wastes (visited once,) kill the last 3 dragons, explore the last 3 or 4 side dungeons (one of which requires all the shards to explore fully,) close the last few rifts, and unlock the last few astrariums.
You must play video games differently than me. I'm 60 hrs in and have tons of stuff left to do...I guess you're just good at video games compared to some of us. I play on easy.

bread's done
Back