Dragon Age: Origins Collector's Edition in Stock at Amazon

[SIZE=+1]Bonus Items Included with Dragon Age: Origins Collector's Edition for Xbox 360:[/SIZE]

• Tin case.
  • Bonus DVD including:
    • A making of documentary
    • Soundtrack
    • Trailers
    • Wallpaper
    • Concept art video
    • Strategy tips
  • Cloth map.
  • 3 pieces of exclusive in-game content:
    • Bergen’s Honor: A massive helmet made out of dragonbone (+2 to armor, +25 physical resistance, +6 to attack).
    • Grimoire of the Frozen Wates: A special book that adds +3 to all attributes when read.
    • Final Reason: A magical staff of immense power (adds to damage, spell power, and fire damage).
  • "The Stone Prisoner" unlockable bonus quest and unlockable character, Shale.
  • Exclusive in-game item for use in the upcoming title Mass Effect 2.

FYI, for those that are on the fence about the collector's edition, K-Mart will have the standard edition for $40 on Black Friday. I think I'll go that route and save myself $35.

any chance we get the preorder bonuses? i dont remember exactly, but there was an accessory and the DLC included free. i assume you'd get those as I thought there was a code inside the box

[quote name='krowbar']Great, except now they don't have any of the pre-order bonuses or the $10 credit.:bomb:[/QUOTE]

The CE never had the $10 credit.

[quote name='lawl']why are these going for so much on ebay? amazon has >1000 of them left[/QUOTE]

Speaking of this, how do you know how many items Amazon has left in stock? I've never know how people know that.

ah man.....when i went on the site yesterday amazon didn't have any.....there were 5 sellers listed to have them for $120......to which i just rolled my eyes......so i picked up the collectors at best buy yesterday which was cool but on amazon i pay no tax.....and i already opened it of course

[quote name='randomevent']Speaking of this, how do you know how many items Amazon has left in stock? I've never know how people know that.[/QUOTE]

They add 999 to their cart and see if it accepts it. If the stock is less than that, it will tell you.

[quote name='lawl']why are these going for so much on ebay? amazon has >1000 of them left[/QUOTE]

Dragon Age is the new Demon Souls :whee:

[quote name='Jcaugustine']The PS3 which was the superior version (per Gamespot's review) is still SOLD OUT though :([/QUOTE]

Yeah but isn't the PC version the best one of the three? Wish I had a computer capable of running it well.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']I'll be the guy that says, "Damn, I miss the ECA discount."[/QUOTE]

ECA isn't doing the discount anymore? Damn, I'm glad I didn't pay for it then.

because amaozn didnt restock them till yesterday and most people still think it is sold out

I know I shouldnt admit this since this is CAG, but I went to BB today and bought the PS3 CE edition. They had about 5 in stock. Nothing for 360 though. I checked TRU, BB, Walmart and others online and it seems to be hit and miss on where the CE editions of this game are. Only two of the 5 BB in the TB area had PS3 CE in stock.

I got a generic reply :(

"Hello,

Thanks for letting us know about the price change of the item "Dragon Age: Origins Collector's Edition: Prima Official Game Guide (Hardcover)".

Whenever you pre-order a book, CD, video, DVD, software, or video game, the price we charge when we ship it to you will be the lowest price offered by Amazon.com between the time you placed your order and the release date. If the price changes, you'll see the update (or refund, if your shipment is already being prepared) within 24 hours.

Our Pre-Order Price Guarantee doesn't apply to items (or prices) offered by other sellers on our site."

Emailing them again.

[quote name='postulio']im going to pick up the pc version as soon as eca is back. (it will be back, right?)[/QUOTE]

probably not i fear

man, are the Collectors Edition for this game actually rare?

I just got mine from Amazon and they stuff it in a way too big a box with no padding and for some reason the case has sticky stuff all over it. It's gross. For some reason EA didn't shrink wrap any of the Dragon Age CE's, so this stuff is actually all over my copy.

I might have to go out and see if I can track one of these down.

Given that new copies of the collector's edition of Dragon Age: Origins (the 360 version at least) are going on eBay for as much as $130 right now, I thought I should pass on that Amazon still has plenty of new copies of the 360 version left. I was able to add 999 copies to my cart, so they seem to have at least that many :)

It's also still available on the EA Store's website. Not sure how to update the heading of this thread to reflect that, though.

I've tried this both on 360 and PC, and I found that this game is much better on the PC. Just info for those who have a choice. Easier inventory management, pausing battle, party orders, use of abilities, switching weapons, etc. I'm not going to bother playing it on the 360, sadly. :/

[quote name='Trinary']I've tried this both on 360 and PC, and I found that this game is much better on the PC. Just info for those who have a choice. Easier inventory management, pausing battle, party orders, use of abilities, switching weapons, etc. I'm not going to bother playing it on the 360, sadly. :/[/QUOTE]

Cool story... I'll let you fill in the rest. :)

[quote name='Trinary']I've tried this both on 360 and PC, and I found that this game is much better on the PC. Just info for those who have a choice. Easier inventory management, pausing battle, party orders, use of abilities, switching weapons, etc. I'm not going to bother playing it on the 360, sadly. :/[/QUOTE]

My only qualm with the PC is that I don't have enough money to buy a machine powerful enough to play Dragon Age :p
Otherwise, from what I have read, I would certainly jump on it. And sorry about the repost.

[quote name='PseudoFinrod']My only qualm with the PC is that I don't have enough money to buy a machine powerful enough to play Dragon Age :p
[/QUOTE]

Hearing that. My PC won't even run the character creator. No extra in-game item for me, sadly.

[quote name='krowbar']Great, except now they don't have any of the pre-order bonuses or the $10 credit.:bomb:[/QUOTE]

what were the preorder bonuses for the physical copies anyways?

[quote name='postulio']im going to pick up the pc version as soon as eca is back. (it will be back, right?)[/QUOTE]

lol..... no.

So is this actually going to be rare, do we think? Or is speculation/fervor for it driving the price crazy-high?
If it will retain its value, I wouldn't mind picking one up. But if it'll show up for $40 in six months, I won't bother.

lol @ eca.
151l1259.jpg

I bought this for the ps3, payed it off a while back, but I am thinking of getting it for the PC also. Does anyone think the in game items and downloadable content are worth the 13 bucks more I will have to pay for it compared to the regular version?

Off topic but I pre-ordered the PS3 version of the CE months ago but I have a delivery estimate of 11/20. :roll:

Has anyone received theirs yet?

[quote name='Fors78']I bought this for the ps3, payed it off a while back, but I am thinking of getting it for the PC also. Does anyone think the in game items and downloadable content are worth the 13 bucks more I will have to pay for it compared to the regular version?[/QUOTE]

I haven't played it on consoles, but I booted it up last night on PC and I have to say, the graphics look much much much better ... enough that I was honestly surprised. Everything I had seen up until last night graphics-wise was a bit muddy, but if you have a rig that can max out the game, it looks and runs great. So for anyone on the fence about the PC version ... go now ... so worth it.

In regards to DLC, the standard version comes with the golem quest and a code for Mass Effect armor (which is cool because it's armor for DA:O and Mass Effect 2, not just ME2 as some might think). Pre-orders got a couple exclusive rings and stuff, but there's a free belt that's on the DLC storefront currently. And then there's the stronghold DLC which is about $7. So if you want that, then the CE might be worth it since you'll pay $6 for everything else (a 2nd DVD I think).

With that said, I bought the standard edition and it comes with enough that I feel like it was worth it, especially if you can get the standard PC version for less than MSRP and the fact that you can buy most of the DLC outside of the smaller extra items the CE comes with is nice too (and really, in an RPG it's not like they're giving you the best, most exclusive in game items as DLC ... you'll find other more powerful stuff as you go I'm sure)

Well I did end up buying the collectors edition for the PC also lol, should be here saturday from amazon. So now I will own the collectors for both the PC and the PS3. I have not even put this game into my ps3 yet but after watching many videos and seing how controls work, I am sure the PC version is for me. I kinda wish I hadnt opened my ps3 copy yet I could take it back to gamestop and get ma money back for it, but I was curious about the cloth map and stuff. Oh well, maybe I will play it on the ps3 one day or be able to sell it for around what I paid for it at some point.

doubtful. on their forum, ECA stated that amazon discontinued the promotion and that while ECA are always talking to potential partners, there is no plan in the work.

ie, it is not coming back, but we won't tell you straight out. but really, who knows, but I doubt that should there be another promotion with amazon, it won't be like what we had.

[quote name='PseudoFinrod']My only qualm with the PC is that I don't have enough money to buy a machine powerful enough to play Dragon Age :p
Otherwise, from what I have read, I would certainly jump on it. And sorry about the repost.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, everyone have different situation. It's still decent in the consoles, I guess. I just find it unplayable once I've tried the PC version (At least for me. And I've only tried the 360 version past the first dungeon or two.) Annoyingly, I really wanted to play it on the 360. Those who are used with console rpgs like mass effect might be fine with the annoying inventory management, no quick saving, etc. Just try the demos first or something if you can.

Building a machine that play dragon age comparably could cost roughly around $400-500. Definitely a bit pricey if one don't have such system already.

Otherwise, from what I have read, I would certainly jump on it. And sorry about the repost.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, everyone have different situation. It's still decent in the consoles, I guess. I just find it unplayable once I've tried the PC version. They should have probably made it more action based if they wanted to make it good for the console.

Building a machine that play dragon age comparably could cost roughly around $400-500. Definitely a bit pricey if one don't have such system already.

ps: Playing an ice mage is fun. Can freeze every enemies, and heal friends.

My PS3 CE says it will arrive the 20th. As for the preorder bonuses, its a Memory Band code and a Lion's Paw Boots code from Amazon. I just got them today even though I dont have my game.

I wonder what happened to where Amazon stopped taking pre-orders for the CE over a month before release (and for that matter, Gamestop too) and now all of a sudden they have all these copies. Strange stuff. Oh well, at least EA.com got my CE to me by release day, even with free shipping.

[quote name='graf1k']Oh well, at least EA.com got my CE to me by release day, even with free shipping.[/QUOTE]

That's good to hear - I have The Saboteur preordered from EA w/ free shipping, and I was afraid it would take them a week or two to get it to me. :)

[quote name='newlu']Off topic but I pre-ordered the PS3 version of the CE months ago but I have a delivery estimate of 11/20. :roll:

Has anyone received theirs yet?[/QUOTE]
Not yet - Mine still has a delivery date of 11/20 as well.

Not sure why Amazon is dragging their feet on this one. I saw a couple of these in Best Buy on Tuesday.

[quote name='addicted2games']My PS3 CE says it will arrive the 20th. As for the preorder bonuses, its a Memory Band code and a Lion's Paw Boots code from Amazon. I just got them today even though I dont have my game.[/QUOTE]

I got my codes today as well. Which is puzzling to me, seeing as how I have yet to receive the Tekken 6 Samurai Pack codes, and my copy of that game arrived a week ago...

[quote name='no_exit']Not yet - Mine still has a delivery date of 11/20 as well.

Not sure why Amazon is dragging their feet on this one. I saw a couple of these in Best Buy on Tuesday.[/QUOTE]
Amazon has really dropped the ball this time.
I would've bought it from some place else if I didn't get triple ECA stack ($50.99) but looks like we might not get it at all now.:bomb:

This is the first Bioware game that I didn't get a CE for. I really wanted to get the digital deluxe edition from Steam, but I missed their $10 misprice and that turned me off from buying it anywhere else (including Impulse since I prefer Steam's interface). I would have gotten the CE from Amazon, but since they offered the standard one w/ a $10 video game credit, I ended up getting that one.

bread's done
Back