Dragon Age: Origins Collector's Edition - Xbox 360 - 39.99

Also comes with an exclusive helmet, and two books that give you instant stat bonuses. Those books usually cost about 15 gold in-game to buy.

The tin, unfortunately, is some Chinese Steelbook rip-off as apparently EA did not have a deal with Steelbook until Mass Effect 2 launched. It is a slim-style case unlike the Mass Effect 1 tin though.

And you also get the 17-song soundtrack and a bunch of wallpapers that can easily be ripped to your PC.

Looking around this seemed like a pretty good deal, so I jumped on it. Unfortunately there were no stores that had it for in-store pickup, so I had to pay the $2.99 shipping + tax. I guess [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$46.55 shipped is okay for this Collector's Edition? I hope...

How do the exclusive items work? Can I sell off any of the codes that I'm not interested in redeeming?
[/FONT]

FYI, I don't know if they updated the packages since launch but the original DLC cards that came with the CE at launch expired this past Spring (March or April). So, beware that you may not be able to redeem the DLC codes unless you find confirmation from recent purchasers or officially from Bioware.

Sigh, I saw this in store the other day still marked at 74.99 on the B1G150% shelf. Of course, store locator shows none in stock. I have the PC version but have barely played; it seems like it would work pretty well with a 360 controller...any thoughts?

If you have a good-great gaming PC, the game is much better on that. It works fine on the consoles IMO, but you get a lot more strategy and customization options on the PC.

Good point Flesh. I wonder if a call to EA Customer Service would have to be done. I sent a tweet to @dragonage, we'll see if they say anything.

To order or not to order... Hm. I'm waiting for an announcement of a GOTY edition with all the DLC on it but it seems like it would have been announced by now? And this is a CE...

Thanks for the reassurance Marker and candymaker789. I just kept stumbling upon random forum speculation and nothing official. Greatly appreciated!

It does sound like it's better to redeem the codes through the Bioware social network tied to your account rather than through the Marketplace. I recall this working well for Mass Effect 2 items.

[quote name='Renaissance 2K']In for one, since I'm the last guy on the planet who hasn't played Dragon Age.

Thanks![/QUOTE]
Well, one of the few along with me ;).

[quote name='Mr Dude65']Should I pick this up???? I am interested in this game, and I thought the CE was rare, so would this be a good buy???[/QUOTE]

It's decent but the documentary is more an infomercial. It also comes with a soundtrack which is quite good and a cloth map for laughs. The case isn't steelbook but it decent.

The PS3 version was had bluray extras which was nice so I don't know if the 360 version has HD video content, which matters to me but might not to you.

The Game is easily 80+ hours so if you are wondering about that wonder no longer. The expansion is decent as well for under 20 bucks.

[quote name='Crazyhowie']Well, one of the few along with me ;).[/QUOTE]

And me! In for one, thanks OP!!! :applause:

Too bad it's the 360 versiion. I bought DA: Oringins Awakenings for the PS3 at TRU this past weekend (Buy 1 get 1 50% off). I'm hoping to find DA: Origins for cheap somewhere as TRU was sold out.

FYI people should know the DLC codes in this game ARE NOT redeemed via the Marketplace. They are redeemed from the main menu of the game and are tied to your EA Account, not your Live account. So make sure your gamertag is tied correctly to your EA account.

For example, I have Stone Prisoner redeemed since I got the game at launch. If I look in the Dragon Age menu, it shows it redeemed. If I go into the game marketplace on Live, it doesn't know I redeemed an EA code to get it.

[quote name='Fatbot3']It's decent but the documentary is more an infomercial. It also comes with a soundtrack which is quite good and a cloth map for laughs. The case isn't steelbook but it decent.

The PS3 version was had bluray extras which was nice so I don't know if the 360 version has HD video content, which matters to me but might not to you.

The Game is easily 80+ hours so if you are wondering about that wonder no longer. The expansion is decent as well for under 20 bucks.[/QUOTE]

Although on the PS3 version you had to contact EA to get a disc or download code sent to you so you could get the soundtrack/wallpapers off the Blu-Ray, since you couldn't rip them to your PS3 and most people don't have Blu-Ray players on their PC's.

Awesome, I'm a sucker for Limited Editions. Locked in my standard edition for $18 on Gazelle and had a $10 reward certificate that's expiring this month. Upgrade to collectors for $17 after some footwork.

Thanks OP.

[quote name='Fatbot3']The PS3 version was had bluray extras which was nice so I don't know if the 360 version has HD video content, which matters to me but might not to you.[/QUOTE]

Bah. Wish I had known about that before I ordered.

[quote name='purkeynator']fyi, the ps3 version of the collector's edition is $40 and in stock on amazon.com.[/quote]

I don't normally resort to memes in these situations, but...

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

wondering if itll be worth picking up to put up on ebay once they are gone at this price. I dont see any NEW ones on ebay that are using auction. hmmm

I love the review on the product page.

Anyway, I'm one of the few that doesn't have this game, but I'm still waiting for it to drop just a little more.

I would've bought, but i guess there's no more available to ship and no store within 2 states outside my own have one ;).

[quote name='Interstella 5555']quick question: What's the difference between DA Origins and Awakening? Isn't Awakening the more complete version? Or are they two different games?[/QUOTE]

Awakening is an expansion to the game. I believe it continues where Origins left off, although I haven't played it so I don't know for sure. I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that people were pissed off since Awakening can ret-con your original ending to Origins lol.

[quote name='ragingst0rm6']Awakening is an expansion to the game. I believe it continues where Origins left off, although I haven't played it so I don't know for sure. I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that people were pissed off since Awakening can ret-con your original ending to Origins lol.[/QUOTE]

can u please explain what is ret-con? give an example.

[quote name='woodcan']FYI, I don't know if they updated the packages since launch but the original DLC cards that came with the CE at launch expired this past Spring (March or April). So, beware that you may not be able to redeem the DLC codes unless you find confirmation from recent purchasers or officially from Bioware.[/QUOTE]
I was able to use DLC cards after the marked expiration date, about a month ago.

[quote name='Darknuke']I would've bought, but i guess there's no more available to ship and no store within 2 states outside my own have one ;).[/QUOTE]

yeh. i cannot get it shipped anymore :(
wished amazon would PM. :p

[quote name='MSUHitman']Also comes with an exclusive helmet, and two books that give you instant stat bonuses. Those books usually cost about 15 gold in-game to buy.

The tin, unfortunately, is some Chinese Steelbook rip-off as apparently EA did not have a deal with Steelbook until Mass Effect 2 launched. It is a slim-style case unlike the Mass Effect 1 tin though.

And you also get the 17-song soundtrack and a bunch of wallpapers that can easily be ripped to your PC.[/QUOTE]

There were some actual Steelbooks used. My pre-ordered copy was a metal-pak or something like that...I heard later releases were real Steelbooks and ordered another copy from Amazon hoping for the best. It was indeed a Steelbook so I returned my first one....plan on keeping it sealed and picking up a used copy for a playing

bread's done
Back