Dragon Age: Origins free unlockables

Diad

CAGiversary!
Hope this qualifies, 3 FREE Dragon Age: Origins (all systems) unlockables. The catch is you have to work for em… Put that free time at work to good use!

Dragon Age Journeys.

-Amulet of the War Mage
+5% to Fire Damage
+5 % to Cold Damage
+5% to Electrical Damage
+5% to Nature Damage
+5% to Spirit Damage

-Embri’s Many Pockets
+5% Fire Resistance
+5% Cold Resistance
+5% Electricity Resistance
+5% Nature Resistance
+5% Spirit Resistance

-Helm of the Deep
+2 Constitution
+10 Mental Resistance
+10 Physical Resistance

http://www.dragonagejourneys.com/

[quote name='Chemosh013']make sure to check out the achievements before playing, after you beat it you have to start over if you want to get the rest of them.
[/QUOTE]

This is no longer the case. The achievement requirements have been changed since the flash game first came out. It's possible to unlock all three bonus items in one play through now. It'll still take you a few hours to finish.

This game is one of the best flash games I've ever seen, having played several hours in the week or two before DA came out. With that said, it's way too much of a time sink in order to get through it if you already have the actual game. Once I got the actual game I could never go back to this because it just dragged so damn much.

Now an iphone version would be ideal!

[quote name='abhinav']Would have been nice to see this mini game BEFORE the game came out *facepalm*[/QUOTE]

It was out way before Origin's release.

[quote name='basis']sorry for my ignorance, but does this work for the x360 version as well? meaning if i upload my char, can i get The Lucky Stone for my X360 game?[/QUOTE]

Yes, even if you are playing the 360 version of the game, you can create a character with the Character Creator and upload it and you will get the Lucky Stone for your 360 character. However you cannot import the character you created with the Creator to the console version of the game. You can only import characters with the PC version of the game. The DLC Lucky Stone is linked to your gamer tag/e-mail address so you get it even if you're playing the 360 version.

Bioware's DLC is so strange.

[quote name='luxarific']The DLC Lucky Stone is linked to your gamer tag/e-mail address so you get it even if you're playing the 360 version.

Bioware's DLC is so strange.[/QUOTE]

That's actually really awesome. I suppose that doesn't apply to expansion packs, but it would be pretty damn awesome if it did.

[quote name='luxarific']Yes, even if you are playing the 360 version of the game, you can create a character with the Character Creator and upload it and you will get the Lucky Stone for your 360 character. However you cannot import the character you created with the Creator to the console version of the game. You can only import characters with the PC version of the game. The DLC Lucky Stone is linked to your gamer tag/e-mail address so you get it even if you're playing the 360 version.

Bioware's DLC is so strange.[/QUOTE]

thanks luxarifc for explaining. one more question - forgive my ignorance again, but how do i link my gamertag to my bioware account. if it is simpler to just paste a URL, i'd welcome that. real sorry for all the silly questions.

If you are playing on the PC, you can manually install these free unlockable items without any of the work plus more if you follow the instructions at:
http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/58/index/81613

Scroll down to the 4. Addtionnal procedures and methods used for reference on specific issues.

These are the ones that worked for me:

DAO_PRC_PROMO_EDG - The Edge
DAO_PRC_PROMO_EMB - Embri's Many Pockets
DAO_PRC_PROMO_HOD - Helm of the Deep
DAO_PRC_PROMO_LNP - The Lion's Paw
DAO_PRC_PROMO_VGL - Mark of Vigilance
DAO_PRC_PROMO_WAR - Amulet of the War Mage

[quote name='basis']thanks luxarifc for explaining. one more question - forgive my ignorance again, but how do i link my gamertag to my bioware account. if it is simpler to just paste a URL, i'd welcome that. real sorry for all the silly questions.[/QUOTE]

Go here.

You will have the option of creating a new account or using a previous account you've set up at EA.com, Bioware's general forums or the old DA:O forums. I just used an EA account I had previously set up when Mirror's Edge had come out last year and had no problems. I actually recommend setting up an EA account first and then going over to the first link (Bioware's social site) and logging by clicking on the EA account option.

The reason for this is that the EA.com account process makes linking your Xbox gamertag to your account very transparent and easy. Bioware's account links your 360 DLC content to whatever e-mail you use as your login for Xbox Live. So if you want to use a different e-mail to login to Bioware's site it might not make the connection between your Bioware account and your Xbox Gamertag when you finally put the disk in your 360.

The 360 side is completely transparent (at least it was for me). Because I had previously used my EA account to set up my Bioware account and the EA account was clearly linked to my Gamertag, the DLC just showed up under downloadable content. It was very simple.

Unfortunately, some DLC (not Stone Prisoner or Warden's Keep, but Lucky Stone and Embril's Pockets for sure) requires that you be logged into the Bioware servers to access saves that you made when you were using the DLC. If you can't log in to the servers and want to play the game anyways it won't let you access those saves.

This is a problem since the Bioware servers were overwhelmed initially. The servers were up and down all the time during the first few weeks after the game's release, but they seem to have fixed the problem. I haven't had any difficulty logging in to the servers lately, but you should be aware that the possibility exists that you will not be able to use saves in which you have certain DLC equipped if you can't login to the Bioware servers. I've complained, but I don't think they care.

In any case, if you do get the game, be sure to register your game at the social site before the 30th. You get a free DLC item (that wasn't included in any of the preorder options at any retail outlet).

If you aren't planning on getting the game before the 30th, you can still register it (at least for the 360), but creating a Bioware social site account and registering it with one of these two UPC codes. (Those will only work i you plan on getting the 360 version of the game).

I definitely recommend picking up the game. I thought Uncharted 2 was going to be my GOTY, but the writing, acting and gameplay in DA:O is so much fun it takes the crown for 2009. If DA:O was this good, I can hardly wait to see what Mass Effect 2 is like.

And the social site is fun - the game will automatically upload all your characters (if you allow it to, in options).

Damn you OP, I just played and got all the unlocks...took me about 4 hours, you do not need to beat the game for all the unlocks, just look at the objectives. I unlocked everything at the part of the game where you look for the 3 ogres in the mines.

dang, blocked at work. woulda played this on my downtime since it's pretty much a ghost town right now.

[quote name='Mako1215']This is a pick up of mine on black friday, so i'll be doing all this work.[/QUOTE]

Hey, make sure to keep an eye out for backpack expansions (these are available after the origins quests).

There are two early in the game that you have to get or else you won't be able to get them later. I wish I woulda known about them :)

I got through the first two quests, and something went wrong during a save/log-in attempt. I actually never saved the game (all I had was my locally stored autosave) until this point, so I lost all my achievements/progress. Filed a bug at the gmail addy, and they unlocked all the items for me the next day. Just letting you know it pays to let them know what went wrong!

[quote name='Marker']This is no longer the case. The achievement requirements have been changed since the flash game first came out. It's possible to unlock all three bonus items in one play through now. It'll still take you a few hours to finish.[/QUOTE]

Yes, it's possible but unless you look at them you might not know. I didn't look at the beat an ogre with full health achievement until after i beat the game... no more ogres were around so I had to restart.

[quote name='cycophuk']I'll make sure to take advantage of this when I pick the game up from Best Buy this black friday.[/QUOTE]

Or through pure luck from Amazon tomorrow.

Btw, is there any word on which system has a better version of the game?

On a side note register the game on the Bioware site BEFORE the 30th, even if you don't buy it till after. You will get a NICE in-game dagger. It is useless to do this if you don't have or getting the game.

http://social.bioware.com/user_home.php log in with ea.com account linked to Dragon Age (or plan to link)

Go to profile -> Register game

UPC Code:

PS3

Edit:
Graphics
PS3 > Xbox

Frame Rate
Xbox > PS3

PC depends on system, but any decent PC will beat both consoles.

[quote name='prateeko']Or through pure luck from Amazon tomorrow.

Btw, is there any word on which system has a better version of the game?[/QUOTE]

PC is pretty much universally regarded as better. Console versions are gimped, but worth playing because the core game is still so good.

I think Kotaku had "two" reviews (where they reviewed the PS3 version, then the guy went and tried the PC version; and his impressions).

Gametrailers points it out, too.

[quote name='prateeko']Or through pure luck from Amazon tomorrow.

Btw, is there any word on which system has a better version of the game?[/QUOTE]

I'm a 360 fanboi so it hurts me to say this:

PC is pretty much regarded as the best version, but you need a good PC to run it well.

PS3 is the next best version due to having higher res textures and better lighting but less smooth gameplay

360 is the worst version because of compressed as hell textures but it has achievements and if you played mass effect on 360, you will unlock some special armor for mass effect 2 (but it might be cross platform, i.e. you might be able to unlock the armor on ps3 and download it to your mass effect 2 360 game)

Pc is the best version, Tactical mode is only available on the PC.
Tactical mode is an option to pause the game, zoom out or in and tell your party members what to do.

The Ps3 version looks better but is kind of choppy, and the framerates drop quite often, especially when there are alot of spells going on.

I dont have the game yet...anyone know how to migrate this to the ps3 version? Is it just as simple as logging into the EA account from the game?

Any way to get the Lucky Stone ring without the character creator? I tried to run in on my Macbook with crossovergames but it can't detect a supported video card and closes.

Anyone have any issues where not everything transfers? I unlocked two of the items from the game, the amulet and the pockets, and the one for the character generator. When i started the game, the pockets and the stone where there, but not the amulet. Any idea what I can do to get it?

[quote name='TYATHCA']Any way to get the Lucky Stone ring without the character creator? I tried to run in on my Macbook with crossovergames but it can't detect a supported video card and closes.[/QUOTE]

I had the same problem and was basically told try another computer... Still trying to figure something out.

That game was surprisingly fun for a simple Flash game. Managed to get all the unlocks so thanks for alerting me to the extra items OP. Being an OCD completionist, I'm gonna have this nagging in the back of my head since I won't get any of those goodie pre-order codes (Feral Wolf Charm, Memory Ring, Lion's Paw Boots, etc). With this and the Assassin's Creed 2 Palazzo Medici, I'm starting to really hate exclusive/pre-order DLC.

[quote name='Nirron']That game was surprisingly fun for a simple Flash game. Managed to get all the unlocks so thanks for alerting me to the extra items OP. Being an OCD completionist, I'm gonna have this nagging in the back of my head since I won't get any of those goodie pre-order codes (Feral Wolf Charm, Memory Ring, Lion's Paw Boots, etc). With this and the Assassin's Creed 2 Palazzo Medici, I'm starting to really hate exclusive/pre-order DLC.[/QUOTE]

Those codes are relatively easy to get though. Especially if you get on good terms with your local GS employees. Quite often they may have extras laying around that they can give to loyal customers.

[quote name='emd081603']Those codes are relatively easy to get though. Especially if you get on good terms with your local GS employees. Quite often they may have extras laying around that they can give to loyal customers.[/QUOTE]

Oh I see. I thought they were packaged inside the game itself. I tend to give a lot of pre-orders to one store even though their new manager defies all GS-type logic (she must be close to 70 and have little to no knowledge of video games) so they usually chat with me about games. Perhaps I'll go by tomorrow and see. Last time I was in I managed to score a Brutal Legend guitar and Ratchet and Clank card, so they seem to give me some of the old stuff. I don't even really know how good any of these items are anyway. That Memory Ring seems like junk; something I'll wear initially until I find a ring that does anything, unless I want to gain 1 exp per 100 I earn vs a useful stat bonus.

And so it doesn't seem like I entered this thread just to bitch :)-P) I'll remind everyone to register their copies of DA: O on BioWare's site using either the cdkey (PC Version) or the 12 digits under the UPC code (PS3/360 versions) by the 30th (Monday) in order to get a nifty dagger. luxarific posted this 3 days ago, but I somehow missed it until today.

I also unlocked the amulet but I did not get it, and it has been about 3-4 days. I got embri's many pockets though, and lucky stone.

Honestly, I think the flash version might be the better game. Would love to see a fully fleshed out version on the DS.

[quote name='Nirron']Oh I see. I thought they were packaged inside the game itself. I tend to give a lot of pre-orders to one store even though their new manager defies all GS-type logic (she must be close to 70 and have little to no knowledge of video games) so they usually chat with me about games. Perhaps I'll go by tomorrow and see. Last time I was in I managed to score a Brutal Legend guitar and Ratchet and Clank card, so they seem to give me some of the old stuff. I don't even really know how good any of these items are anyway. That Memory Ring seems like junk; something I'll wear initially until I find a ring that does anything, unless I want to gain 1 exp per 100 I earn vs a useful stat bonus.

And so it doesn't seem like I entered this thread just to bitch :)-P) I'll remind everyone to register their copies of DA: O on BioWare's site using either the cdkey (PC Version) or the 12 digits under the UPC code (PS3/360 versions) by the 30th (Monday) in order to get a nifty dagger. luxarific posted this 3 days ago, but I somehow missed it until today.[/QUOTE]

I registered the game, but unsure how you receive the dagger - I didn't get a promo code (maybe in email; will check later) to enter on the website.

[quote name='autche']I registered the game, but unsure how you receive the dagger - I didn't get a promo code (maybe in email; will check later) to enter on the website.[/QUOTE]

On the website the bioware rep said after the 30th they will check accounts and those who have registered will get the item. This was not clearly spelled out. Like others I didn't get the amulet of war mage in my bioware account despite unlocking it, and have emailed them.

If you have the PC version you can us the DA:Updater to add most of these to your game without having to go through a bunch of passcodes and other games.

[quote name='alexanderpink']On the website the bioware rep said after the 30th they will check accounts and those who have registered will get the item. This was not clearly spelled out. Like others I didn't get the amulet of war mage in my bioware account despite unlocking it, and have emailed them.[/QUOTE]
cool i just registered yesterday. and still waiting for the amulet to show up, was wondering if u get it further into the game.

bread's done
Back