Dragon Age: Origins free unlockables

Diad

CAGiversary!
Hope this qualifies, 3 FREE Dragon Age: Origins (all systems) unlockables. The catch is you have to work for em… Put that free time at work to good use!

Dragon Age Journeys.

-Amulet of the War Mage
+5% to Fire Damage
+5 % to Cold Damage
+5% to Electrical Damage
+5% to Nature Damage
+5% to Spirit Damage

-Embri’s Many Pockets
+5% Fire Resistance
+5% Cold Resistance
+5% Electricity Resistance
+5% Nature Resistance
+5% Spirit Resistance

-Helm of the Deep
+2 Constitution
+10 Mental Resistance
+10 Physical Resistance

http://www.dragonagejourneys.com/

[quote name='Nirron']
And so it doesn't seem like I entered this thread just to bitch :)-P) I'll remind everyone to register their copies of DA: O on BioWare's site using either the cdkey (PC Version) or the 12 digits under the UPC code (PS3/360 versions) by the 30th (Monday) in order to get a nifty dagger. luxarific posted this 3 days ago, but I somehow missed it until today.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that! I didn't know about the dagger :)

[quote name='alexanderpink']On the website the bioware rep said after the 30th they will check accounts and those who have registered will get the item. This was not clearly spelled out. Like others I didn't get the amulet of war mage in my bioware account despite unlocking it, and have emailed them.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for the info, I appreciate it!

[quote name='rasone77']If you have the PC version you can us the DA:Updater to add most of these to your game without having to go through a bunch of passcodes and other games.[/QUOTE]

What is that and where do you get it?

[quote name='sleepydumbdude']Poo I can't log in I get unable to connect to ea servers even password reset and can log into EA but for some reason the game won't let me.[/QUOTE]

same here, i went to the ea site to double check i had my password correct, logged in no problem. Go back the flash game and get the cannot connect to ea servers. Someone in this thread said there was a problem initially when this was overloaded, i wonder with all the black friday deals on this game, if this sites login is borked again?

anyone else getting this?

[quote name='chickenbutt']I didn't get Amulet of the War Mage for some reason, but I got Embri’s Many Pockets.[/QUOTE]

I think the item might be screwed at the moment...

If you go to you registered game promotions page at bioware its doesn't show up on the ps3 and xbox versions and shows up as a "unrecognized item" on the pc......

Warning potential problem. If you load these items you have to stay connected to xbox live to load your saves. Otherwise you will get a can't find error.

guess i won't be able to score the dagger - because i won't get my game till after the 30th :( sigh... oh well. would i be missing out on much if i didn't get the dagger? is it some uber starting weapon?

i think i got the other unlocks from the Flash game, and guess i'm still in the running to get those as long as i download them before june of next year.

Just got an email from the DA:Journeys guys and they're starting to go through unlocking the amulet for people. Mine unlocked right when they sent the email.

[quote name='basis']guess i won't be able to score the dagger - because i won't get my game till after the 30th :( sigh... oh well. would i be missing out on much if i didn't get the dagger? is it some uber starting weapon?

i think i got the other unlocks from the Flash game, and guess i'm still in the running to get those as long as i download them before june of next year.[/QUOTE]

Well, if you ordered the 360 or PS3 version, you could simply go out to a GameStop/Best Buy/other retailer and take a look at the UPC code. I was at a GS yesterday and looked for fun, and the UPCs were identical on all their display boxes for the PS3 version. Considering you're already ordering the game, and the UPC is the same, I don't think you'd be screwing anybody over.

[quote name='Nirron']Well, if you ordered the 360 or PS3 version, you could simply go out to a GameStop/Best Buy/other retailer and take a look at the UPC code. I was at a GS yesterday and looked for fun, and the UPCs were identical on all their display boxes for the PS3 version. Considering you're already ordering the game, and the UPC is the same, I don't think you'd be screwing anybody over.[/QUOTE]

It's posted on this thread somewhere.

[quote name='sleepydumbdude']Poo I can't log in I get unable to connect to ea servers even password reset and can log into EA but for some reason the game won't let me.[/QUOTE]

me neither.....that's weird. hopefully it'll fix so I can see if that dagger is any good

[quote name='MasterWolf']Pc is the best version, Tactical mode is only available on the PC.
Tactical mode is an option to pause the game, zoom out or in and tell your party members what to do.

The Ps3 version looks better but is kind of choppy, and the framerates drop quite often, especially when there are alot of spells going on.[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure the tactical mode is for all games. Not 100% but I recall seeing it in a video for the 360.

Here is the UPC for the PS3 Collectors Edition in case anybody needs it for registering:

[quote name='no_exit']Here is the UPC for the PS3 Collectors Edition in case anybody needs it for registering:
014633168853[/QUOTE]

Thank you

[quote name='vessey632']Just got an email from the DA:Journeys guys and they're starting to go through unlocking the amulet for people. Mine unlocked right when they sent the email.[/QUOTE]

I got the same email and when I checked, it still wasn't available in my Downloadable Content section. I emailed them back. We'll see what happens.

[quote name='no_exit']Here is the UPC for the PS3 Collectors Edition in case anybody needs it for registering:
014633168853[/QUOTE]

Figure I'll give the PS3 regular edition in case people want to register what they have:

I also tried my local GS to see if they had any leftover DLC cards for the Feral Wolf Charm/Memory Band, but it was to no avail. Suppose I'll have to go on the PS3 forum and beg for a code share/trade/exchange :p

How do you upload a character? I have it set to upload in the options, but nothing is showing up in the BioWare Social site.

Update:
Once I launch the game and complete the first conversation up to the point where the game auto-saves it works. I couldn't get anything uploaded with the Character Creator alone though.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='SPELLPLAQUE']Warning potential problem. If you load these items you have to stay connected to xbox live to load your saves. Otherwise you will get a can't find error.[/QUOTE]
If you bought the game new and downloaded the freebie stuff included, you also need to be logged onto Live in order to play anyway. Found that out the hard way.

[quote name='WebScud']How do you upload a character? I have it set to upload in the options, but nothing is showing up in the BioWare Social site.

Update:
Once I launch the game and complete the first conversation up to the point where the game auto-saves it works. I couldn't get anything uploaded with the Character Creator alone though.[/QUOTE]

Is that the case with the 360 version as well? I made a character in the character creator you can download but I see no option in the creator or on the site to upload my character to get that ring.

[quote name='xCobalt']Pretty sure the tactical mode is for all games. Not 100% but I recall seeing it in a video for the 360.[/QUOTE]

Nah, the tactical mode is the top down view (isometric view), where you can pause the game and tell your guys what to do.

In the consoles the only way to stop the game is to hold down the left ttrigger on 360, or L2 on Ps3 which brings up a circle menu, and then you can tell your guys what to do. The view is over the shoulders and so sometimes its hard to see the enemies. Its mildly annoying but I still love the game, although I have noticed on my 360 when I have my characters buffed with songs, frost weapons, he framerate sometimes slows down.

[quote name='basis']guess i won't be able to score the dagger - because i won't get my game till after the 30th :( sigh... oh well. would i be missing out on much if i didn't get the dagger? is it some uber starting weapon?

i think i got the other unlocks from the Flash game, and guess i'm still in the running to get those as long as i download them before june of next year.[/QUOTE]

All you have to do is put the ps3 or xbox upc number in.....

Number is 014633159790 for ps3
Number is 014633159806 for xbox...

Just register with these numbers and you get a free dagger....

I am trying to earn the items now but every time I try to log in it tells me the login info I have is wrong, yet I can log into the main EA site. Anyone know what's up with it? Do I need to log in to get the codes for the in game items?

So, are there any other free unlockables available besides for the three you get from the flash game, the one from the character creator, and the dagger you get for entering your UPC?

Not including stuff from preorders/the like of course.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']I am trying to earn the items now but every time I try to log in it tells me the login info I have is wrong, yet I can log into the main EA site. Anyone know what's up with it? Do I need to log in to get the codes for the in game items?[/QUOTE]

You need another account for the Bioware site, but they can migrate your EA account info to start with.

[quote name='AiNoKame']I got through the first two quests, and something went wrong during a save/log-in attempt. I actually never saved the game (all I had was my locally stored autosave) until this point, so I lost all my achievements/progress. Filed a bug at the gmail addy, and they unlocked all the items for me the next day. Just letting you know it pays to let them know what went wrong![/QUOTE]

That same thing happened to me (like someone else said, the "incorrect login information" even though I *was* logged in previously - I think it's some kind of server error with the wrong error message attached), but I lost the first two quests' credit (and the first unlockable for doing the first quest). The save game was still there for some odd reason, just not the quest/unlockable credit (you'd think the game could see I had already completed the quests and retroactively award credit :p).

In any case, I figured the first quest was so easy to do that I could just replay afterwards and get it again. So no sense in complaining, though it's interesting that they fixed it for you.

And yeah, they seem to keep changing what requirements are needed for some. First time I played that last one was "kill 4 ogres". Second time I continued my game it had already changed to "kill an ogre with the party at full health" (which was a serious pain but I did it :p). Wonder if it has already changed again.

Looks like 4 items total to be unlocked, Dagger/Amulet and 2 more. Have 2 of four, I just now need to work on the game to unlock the other 2. Guessing when I log into EA in game on my PS3 they will be available for me on there?

[quote name='MasterWolf']Yeah I emailed them about the amulet and they fixed it for me. Has anyone heard anything about the 11/30 dagger?[/QUOTE]

The dagger showed up in my account today :cool:

[quote name='cag1000']Looks like 4 items total to be unlocked, Dagger/Amulet and 2 more. Have 2 of four, I just now need to work on the game to unlock the other 2. Guessing when I log into EA in game on my PS3 they will be available for me on there?[/QUOTE]

There are 5 total: 3 from dragon age journeys flash game, 1 dagger from registering your game before Nov 30th, and 1 lucky stone from uploading a character using the character creator. I have all 5 on my account, and the game should arrive tomorrow, yay! Can you use the items on only one character or will any character you make have access to them?

Where do you see the 11/30 dagger unlock? I uploaded my character and it showed up in my BioWare SocialNetwork profile page.

[quote name='eau']Where do you see the 11/30 dagger unlock? I uploaded my character and it showed up in my BioWare SocialNetwork profile page.[/QUOTE]
U need to download it from game main menu like the other items.

I got all my the items now. Thnks everyone

[quote name='Ganelon']This is the page for checking your DLC content (after logging into your EA/Bioware account): http://social.bioware.com/user_entitlements.php

I emailed about the missing Amulet of the War Mage on 11/25 but haven't heard anything back yet. It still appears as "UNRECOGNIZED ITEM" for me.[/QUOTE]

I had success emailing the Journeys team at [email protected]. They got back to me within a day and the amulet was unlocked on my account, showing up both on the entitlements page and in game. The question I submitted to Dragon Age Origins support was never answered.

[quote name='asthmatic']which quest has the bard achievement?[/QUOTE]

The bard is actually in that main town. He looks more like an archer. He's in the same area where you initially got that warrior guy (forgot his name).

It took me a while to figure it out too, as I associate a bard with musical instruments (and sometimes odd clothes; thanks EverQuest) and the guy looks more like Green Arrow than anything.

[quote name='Warlock82']Second time I continued my game it had already changed to "kill an ogre with the party at full health" (which was a serious pain but I did it :p). Wonder if it has already changed again.[/QUOTE]

This actually isn't as hard as it sounds. All you have to do is kill all the non-ogre opponents, lower the ogre's health till it's almost dead, heal all your characters, then kill the ogre. Bam. Achievement unlocked. Props to those who were able to do it w/o my advice ;)

[quote name='Nirron']The bard is actually in that main town. He looks more like an archer. He's in the same area where you initially got that warrior guy (forgot his name).

It took me a while to figure it out too, as I associate a bard with musical instruments (and sometimes odd clothes; thanks EverQuest) and the guy looks more like Green Arrow than anything.[/QUOTE]

thanks, i talked to him. Now all i need to do is to create a character

I finally had time to open the game and all the DLC is there. Thanks for everyone for your input in this thread.

I already had the Helm of the Deep, Amulet of the War Mage, and Embri's Many Pockets before the game released, and also had the Lion's Paw Boots, Memory Band, Blood Dragon Armor, and the Stone Prisoner from buying the game from Amazon. I got the Edge yesterday, but I didn't know about the Lucky Stone. Just grabbed it thanks to this thread, really building quite a collection of free content for this game.

I think the lucky stone is coming out on dec 3rd. I installed the character creator but none of the words are showing up. Can i create a character on the ps3 and then upload it to the bioware site? or am i suppose to create a character then upload it to the ps3?

[quote name='Marker']This actually isn't as hard as it sounds. All you have to do is kill all the non-ogre opponents, lower the ogre's health till it's almost dead, heal all your characters, then kill the ogre. Bam. Achievement unlocked. Props to those who were able to do it w/o my advice ;)[/QUOTE]

That's what I did. The hard part was getting the characters to full health and keeping the ogre far enough away that he wouldn't hurt them before they could kill him :p I had that Bard guy so I was able to use that attack on him that lowers the number of movement squares he could move, so that helped a lot, along with Mind Blast to knock him back a few squares.

bread's done
Back