Dragon Age: Origins - Now or Later?

Robb

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
I was wondering what some thoughts were...

I want to play DA: Origins. But I'm thinking I should wait until next year after all the DLC has been released and they drop a GOTY version. So I can play it all for a lower price.

What do you think? Will there be a GOTY edition? Should I wait?

Also, in light of the Blood Dragon armor, is there a link between Dragon Age and Mass Effect 2? (Please no spoilers. Yes or no?) And if so, is this reason to play Dragon Age first?

Thanks!!

At this point I'd wait. I have it, and it's pretty good but given the scope and price of some of the upcoming DLC, I wish I had waited. In fact, it might be getting sold back soonish and I'll just keep playing Fallout 3 GOTY to scratch any kind of RPG itch I might have.

I'll agree. With the expansion right around the corner, you are better off waiting for a whole package for a discounted price.

There is a link with the Blood Dragon armor. No lore link, they just look the same in both.

No big deal to wait on the game since it's single player only. You won't miss out on a larger community or anything.

[quote name='BigPopov']No big deal to wait on the game since it's single player only. You won't miss out on a larger community or anything.[/QUOTE]

That's my theory on games!!!

I have the Collector's Edition, but I have not bought ANY DLC and there is an expansion coming out March as well. I'm sure we'll see a budget release or at least a lower price around release of that expansion or at least at price break on DLC.

I'm waiting for the GOTY edition. Mainly because I'm playing ME2 and have Fallout 3 on the shelf that I haven't got around too yet--should probably ditch it and get the GOTY edition of it as well.

Actually finding out it was single player kind've killed the excitement for me when it was released. I'll probably get into it later down the road but the big deal with Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale for me was playing with my friends (on dial up, the horror...)

Get Demon's Souls now (if you haven't already) and when the GoTY edition of DA:O comes out, get it then. :)

I couldn't wait a year to play a game I know I would love just to save a few bucks. I just would never punish myself like that. Besides, it doesn't cost much now.

[quote name='dmaul1114']I'm waiting for the GOTY edition. Mainly because I'm playing ME2 and have Fallout 3 on the shelf that I haven't got around too yet--should probably ditch it and get the GOTY edition of it as well.[/QUOTE]

Disco, just substitute "ME2" and add "ME1" and you're in my boat.

How confident are you that there will be a goty? I'm pretty annoyed by the need to buy warden's keep to have storage. If there will be one I might just trade my copy now and pick it up when the goty comes out, just like fallout 3.

I just rented Dragon Age to play through it. If there's a bundle at any point, I might pick it up. But otherwise I'm fine with buying the DLC (used some $10 preorder credits from amazon to get my points anyway) and renting the expansion when it's out in March or whenever.

[quote name='alivetilldawn']How confident are you that there will be a goty? I'm pretty annoyed by the need to buy warden's keep to have storage. If there will be one I might just trade my copy now and pick it up when the goty comes out, just like fallout 3.[/QUOTE]

There may not be a GOTY edition. It definitely isn't as big a title as Fallout 3.

Hmm...

[quote name='alivetilldawn']How confident are you that there will be a goty? I'm pretty annoyed by the need to buy warden's keep to have storage. If there will be one I might just trade my copy now and pick it up when the goty comes out, just like fallout 3.[/QUOTE]

Personally, I'd be surprised if there isn't a GOTY type bundle sometime in the next two years. It seems like just about every major WRPG released on consoles has gotten one along with numerous other genres. Dragon's Age was advertised pretty heavily for a few weeks and from what I know, it sold well enough to be considered a success. Given the scope of the upcoming DLC, I'm not necessarily expecting a GOTY release by November but by next summer, I think it'll happen.

I too would be shocked it it doesn't get a GOTY edition, given all the additional content they're going to release.

That said, Dragon Age is a fantastic game, probably my favorite of 2009. It's definitely worth the price of admission, and knowing how much I like it now I don't think I could have waited.

I'll be waiting on a GOTY version. I already have too much on my plate as it is with not enough gaming time. I still have Oblivion GOTY and Fallout 3 GOTY in my backlog...

You don't need to buy Warden's Keep to have storage. There was an official mod released that put a stash in the main camp.

Waiting for the GOTY is definitely the way to go. While I loved DAO, I haven't bought any of the DLC and I will not buy the expansion, as both are priced too much. Most likely, I will wait for a GOTY to go on sale on steam and then I'll buy it.

I'd wait just to see if Bioware/EA patch the damn console versions if that's what you're going to buy. There are several game breaking bugs and despite several PC patches, there are none for the consoles yet.

[quote name='helluvagood']get it now! i played that game 24/7 during the christmas holidays it wass sooo awesome![/QUOTE]
Your sig is awesome, as is SNSD.

I also agree with you about Dragon Age. Fantastic game.

[quote name='helluvagood']get it now! i played that game 24/7 during the christmas holidays it wass sooo awesome![/QUOTE]

Yeaa! Gee Gee Gee! Bitch!

bread's done
Back