Dragon Age: Origins Ultimate Edition PC - Impulse - $24.97

bvharris

CAGiversary!
Feedback
211 (100%)
Just got an e-mail from Impulse saying that Dragon Age: Origins Ultimate Edition is 50% off to download, making it $24.97:

http://www.impulsedriven.com/daultimate

The Ultimate Edition includes Awakening and all of the DLC.

Damned good deal on one of the best games of last year (even better on the PC I'm told). Steam could well match or beat this, but for now it's the best price I could find. Sale ends Nov 29th, so there's time to see if anyone matches.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Lord_Zath']Thanks! I've been waiting for something like this to go on sale. I've also heard PC is far better than console for this game...[/QUOTE]

I've heard the same, and I loved it on 360. I finally have a PC which can play it, so I'm definitely jumping on this.

[quote name='radioactivez0r']Gonna wait to see if Steam matches...but wow, that's a lot of content for $25.[/QUOTE]

Same ... had DAO vanilla on PC and PS3. PC was much better. I would be down for this right now if Steam matched!

[quote name='wynams']Same ... had DAO vanilla on PC and PS3. PC was much better. I would be down for this right now if Steam matched![/QUOTE]

same here i just wish steam have a deal on that game already.

While I'm betting on steam for a better price, I believe D2D is running a promo where they price match online distub. i think impulse is on the list not sure though,

Direct2Drive will not match Impluse. Only Steam, Gamersgate and Gamedtop.com. But really are we all getting a little crazy with this steam thing? I mean $25 is a crazy deal on this amount of content. This is the deal of the day easy IMHO!!!!

I already own DA:O plus enough DLC that it's not cheaper for me to get the one package, so I'll wait for a drop in the DLC cost or a deal on the Bioware points. However, this $24.99 price on Impulse looks suspiciously a lot like the $24.99 sale price from Perils of Summer sale for the then new Battlefield Bad Company 2. Based on this, I bet that when/if DA:O:U goes on sale at Steam, it'll be for the same $24.99. This Ultimate version just came out not too long ago after all.

[quote name='topplehat']With the Thanksgiving and Christmas sales coming soon I'll hold out and see what Steam offers.[/QUOTE]
This.

It'll certainly be $25 on Steam at some point this holiday as well. I don't really trust any other service except steam. Since I know it'll be around forever. Plus all my friends use steam.

[quote name='radioactivez0r']Gonna wait to see if Steam matches...but wow, that's a lot of content for $25.[/QUOTE]

Damnit, now I'm caught in a very difficult spot. $25-30 is my sweet spot; $25 in particular. Do I grab it on Impulse or bet on Steam matching this? Decisions, decisions...

[quote name='Ardrid']Damnit, now I'm caught in a very difficult spot. $25-30 is my sweet spot; $25 in particular. Do I grab it on Impulse or bet on Steam matching this? Decisions, decisions...[/QUOTE]

You have until November 29th to see if Steam matches it before getting it on Impulse... there is no rush.

There is a very high chance this will be one of Steam's daily deals during their sale.

How long is this on sale for?

Also as an aside, i don't mind impulse as a service for getting games, its reliable for that, its just no steam.

[quote name='bvharris']Just got an e-mail from Impulse saying that Dragon Age: Origins Ultimate Edition is 50% off to download, making it $24.97:

http://www.impulsedriven.com/daultimate

The Ultimate Edition includes Awakening and all of the DLC.

Damned good deal on one of the best games of last year (even better on the PC I'm told). Steam could well match or beat this, but for now it's the best price I could find. Sale ends Nov 29th, so there's time to see if anyone matches.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I should have waited, but paid 40 bucks. This is an amazing deal.

I got it. Impulse is owned by stardock who have been around forever so with "unlimited downloads" of the game I decided to bite the bullet. I already have it on PS3 but this version with awakening and all DLC is much better deal :)

I'm having such a hard time trying to decide between PC and 360 versions. I'm just not sure I care about it being somewhat less tactical, but I feel like I should play on PC. Urgh.

i bought both DAO and awakening at release boxed, but want the dlc, anyone know if they give u codes for the DLC or is it just on Impulse?

I'd say it's 90% certain you'll get a deal during the Steam Holiday sale; this sale seemed to have a very specific theme to it (though Mafia II's appearance is kinda weird).

Disappointed that Steam didn't price match, so jumped on this. Just glad that Impulse kept this deal going all through the weekend until today.

Would this come with the armor code for the Blood Armor for Mass Effect also, maybe by way of email or was that just a preorder code for the original release?

Does Impulse require a 3rd party program to play games (I understand it uses one to download) or can you download the files and just play the game as if you bought it in a retail box? I try to buy all my games on Steam but I don't mind other services as long as they don't have 3rd party requirements. Well, that and the EA store since their time limit on downloads is stupid...

Impulse doesn't add DRM, but neither does it remove it from publishers who do. I got the Dragon Age: Origins Deluxe Edition through Impulse when the game first came out and the DLC does validate against EA servers.

bread's done
Back