Dragon Ball Raging Blast $39.99

speedrunner17

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Dragon Ball Raging Blast is being sold for $39.99 new at Gamestop.

The website still shows $49.99, but the gamers at Gamefaqs have said that GS is running a special promo right now. The game is ringing up as $39.99. I don't know how long its going to last. This is for both versions of the game.

Here is a link to the message on Gamefaqs: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=960298&topic=52176755

Gamestop link showing original price.

Ps3
http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?sku=270463

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=75477

Thanks to breakingcustoms for confirming the deal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Picked it up at this price today. Asked the Gamestop employee and he says it was for both consoles, but its supposed to be a special price for release day only, so it was only supposed to last today, but it could be "available" for longer depending on how the offer works. This was supposed to be a promotional offer for only release day on the Dragonball game, but I hear about it today and bought it based on that, but don't know if it actually expired.

I'm really tempted to get this... But I feel like I'll be able to find it for cheaper relatively soon. That, and the demo was definately not that of a $40 game.

That, and I have the first DragonBox to keep me company this weekend. :D

[quote name='Squarehard']They probably should have picked a better title for the game, and the game would have sold better. Oh its Raging alright...[/QUOTE]

Raging Hemorrhoid comes to mind when see the title...

I got dragon age for 50 bucks yesterday and that was a promo title and still got my 15% employee discount! plus working from 7am to 7pm at one of the most busiest store in DE.

Hell I would like to buy it so I can get a copy of the price and PM at BB and use the GC I was able to get. Either way if it's still going tomorrow then I might grab it. Even though I think a BF pricedrop is gonna happen

[quote name='breakingcustoms']i was able to get the 360 version today for 39.99

the store manager said that the deal was up through Friday[/QUOTE]

thanks, might give it a try since the demo really rejuv..... no wait, not buying.

I finally went and cashed in on this deal. Got the Ps3 version for $40. I haven't had a DBZ game in a while. I needed my DBZ fix. I got the pre-order bonus as well.

Tried to get this deal around Fayetteville, AR. 2 GameStops on the same block and neither had this deal. Both were at $54.99 for some reason.

[quote name='Ness3']Tried to get this deal around Fayetteville, AR. 2 GameStops on the same block and neither had this deal. Both were at $54.99 for some reason.[/QUOTE]

Those weren't used copies were they?

Picked mine up today. GS girl said the sale price was $49.99 until she rung it up for $39.99. Thanks oo

Never played a DragonBall fighting game that was anywhere near on par with Street Fighter or Tekken series (or even Tobal while we're at it). I doubt this one is any different.

And yeah that title is horrible. Sounds like something Goku would unleash on Chichi. ;)

[quote name='fairtrade']Never played a DragonBall fighting game that was anywhere near on par with Street Fighter or Tekken series (or even Tobal while we're at it). I doubt this one is any different.[/QUOTE]
Well, Raging Blast is hardly what I would call a fighting game. It's more like a Dragon Ball Z simulator, or something.

Also, Super Dragon Ball Z for the PS2 was produced by one of the key producers of Street Fighter II, and they share a lot of similarities. It uses the same QCP type of combo system, and all the characters play differently.

It has side steps and flying, though.

It's a fun little game, though, and it's dirt cheap used at GameStop. I wish the Japanese voice cast was selectable, but, all the same.

Tried the demo when it first hit and couldn't believe how bad that camera was, IGN confirmed the final version was just as bad with that glowing review they gave it so this is a pass. Shame as I did have this on the radar.

got a copy aswell for 40 bucks in so cal

FYI, if you dont like hard games, this DBZ game seems pretty darn hard. i hadnt played a DBZ game since B3, never played the BT series, but damn this is hard, i personally like the old ones more

As a longtime DBZ fan, I have to say pass on this...I rented the game, played for a little over two hours, and gave up. I just did not have any fun with this one. The camera is terrible, especially when your opponent does the super rising, which takes them so far up in the sky the camera cant compensate. The controls feel off also, with some supers just simply not happening when I flick the right analog. And why on Earth did they map ki charging to the d-pad? :roll:

bread's done
Back