Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 2 Thread

Chrono72090

CAGiversary!
Feedback
54 (100%)
Well, I am considering picking up this game since I got Red Steel and I don't really like it. A guy I know who works at EB said it's his favorite game other than Zelda and he's played basically all the launch-ish titles.

Has anyone else played it? I'm not really a DBZ fan, I mean, I was probably 5 or 6 years ago, but not so much now. Can't decide if I wanna get this or get Metal Slug whenever that comes out.

I used to be a big DBZ fan years ago...I hadn't really thought about it since, but when I saw this game I got kinda jazzed about it. I am seriously considering picking it up, I would like to hear more thoughts about it as well.

I think every Wii owner owes it to themselves to at least try this game. Granted the controls take a while to get the hang of, but once you get it you'll never want to play with just a controller again. Aside from that it is Dragonball Z its a very solid fighting game with immense depth, lasting challenge and a lot of replay value.

I bought it, didn't know what to expect. The controllers are a bit hard to get used to at first...somehow I got more confused during the practice than I did actually playing. Otherwise, I really have fun with it. I got my ass kicked as soon as my first fight started.

Now that I got used to the controls (not perfect mind you, there's so much you can actually do, but to remember it all...I still cannot do heh). In all honesty I have a whole lot more fun playing this than I did Rayman.

Anyone else who owns have any input? I'm considering buying it after I trade some stuff in at Gamestop on BF.

I hear the game recreates and tells the story of the anime series through everything. Does this include the old Dragon Ball stuff or just Z+? I've been getting mixed signals.

I heard everything, but I barely touched the barrel. I mean I'm still during the first Saga.

There's supposed to be more secrets, so it's possible they have maybe memory clips about the original Dragonball. I could play it now...hmmm, darn the need to do other stuff

I was looking around extras, and there is space for GT and the original dragonball, so it seems that indeed everything is included. I have fun with the fights, I can imagine it being a bit boring for like PS2 or whatever hitting the same buttons.

Here you may press B and A a lot but you'll definitely be moving your hands to do certain blasts and their ultimate blasts.

I borrowed the game, and I have to say that I enjoy it. Granted, it isn't exactly a great game. Normal attacks are controlled with A and B, but mostly all special attacks are gesture based - unfortunately, the gesture recognition can be a little wonky at times, but when it does work its really satisfying.

I don't think its worth $50, but I do think its a game that fans of Dragon Ball (or ex-fans) should definitely try.

Yeah, it's the controls that really make it, doing the gestures. Though you can also use GCN controllers on this game (which will just make it easier though, since you just press buttons for everything, making it just more button mashing). It's way more fun this way imo.

There are quite a few things I would like changed (like each time I want to try a specific scenario, if I fail, I have to exit all the way just to choose the scenario). Still, I haven't bought any of the DBZ games since the original DBZ Budokai for the PS2. This is definite must have for a fan. I really haven't been much of a fan in a couple of years, but I find the game enjoyable. Can't wait till I'm finally able to get an extra nunchuk and have someone to fight against :)

This is by far the best fighter at launch since DC's Power Stone/Soul Calibur awesomeness. DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi 2 is a 60+ hour experience. I'm not in love with the Wii controls, but with the Wii Classic Controller is rather awesome. It's really a fantastically deep game that fixes a ton of the camera problems with the first game. It's faster and more fluid then the original. If you hate DBZ, you'll hate this game obviously. Beyond that though, it's simply a great game.

Well, I'm sure not everyone will feel it. It's like I hear people who enjoyed Rayman...but to me it was just...meh. Went through the motions, beat it, and was like...well, that's that.

[quote name='evilmax17']I plan on getting it for cheap later on. I want to know how awesome it is to throw kameyhameyhas at the screen![/quote]

It's awesome... I haven't been a DBZ fan for years but playing this brings back memories and it just plays so fun with the Wii-mote... =D

[quote name='SpikeSpiegel']Is it a fun single player game?[/QUOTE]
Seeing as I have only played single player mode, I would say a big YES! Though as you can see, not everyone is digging it. You might want to give it a rental as well.

I'm kind of sorry to bump an old thread, but I figured this would be better than starting a whole new one.

I'm a big fan of this game, most fun I've had with a fighter in a long time. But I do have a few questions. Is there a simpler way to pull off special moves? I find myself sort of just flailing around and hoping for the best. And I'm not too far into the story mode, but after a battle on the screen where it shows the zenie and items you get when it says a characters name does that mean you unlocked the character? And how do I know when I have a character that can transform, since this game did away with the capsule system that was in 1-3?

every special move is pulled off by either shaking the numchuck left to right and then wiimote cursor up out of screen and back down, cursor left to right, up to down, down to up and right to left and of course pulling back and thrusting foward. remember that the cursor has to be visible on screen before you attempt any special moves

Alright, seriously, how do I know when I've unlocked a guy? I fought Bardock with Raditz in that "Brothers something or other" story line, but after winning the fight I didn't get Bardock? Do I have to buy the characters with the money I find or what?

This game is awesome, but to be honest it's better on ps2. I have the ps2 version and play the Wii version at a friend's house and the Wii version has massive slowdown in multiplayer mode.

Personally,I didn't like this game that much.It has extreme long learning curve,many of my friends hate because you can't play it off the bat.Controls not quite as respondsive as you think,but if your willing to invest some time learning to play,this game is pretty decent.

bread's done
Back