Dragon Ball Z: Burst Limit - Gen. Discussion & Info

slickkill77

CAGiversary!
Feedback
78 (100%)

Features

Dragon Ball Z®: Burst Limit revolutionizes the series by entering the realm of next-gen gaming. Complete with fierce online fighting and intense 3-D graphical effects possible only on Xbox 360®, Dragon Ball Z: Burst Limit blurs the line between gameplay and the iconic anime series. Action-packed and in hi-def, take on the role of your favorite character and battle in vibrant and breathtaking environments. Prepare to experience Dragon Ball Z as never before!

• Next-generation fighting: Join in heroic battles of good versus evil, powered by explosive engergy and raw emotion.
  • Legendary characters: Enter the ring and challenge yourself against the legendary fighters from the Dragon Ball Z universe. Each character has specific power moves and multiple combinations.
  • Multiple game modes: Play Story Mode, Vs. Mode, Training, Tutorial, and Challenge Mode, with full Xbox LIVE® support.
  • The best of Dragon Ball Z: Experience lightning fast action and cinematic battle sequences, with dramatic visuals that blur the line between gameplay and anime.

Achievements: http://www.achieve360points.com/game/dragonballzburstlimit/

Anyone getting it or thinking about it? I'm not going to lie I loved the series, but I havent watched in a few years. I try to sneak some in when I can though. I am going to get this game b/c I havent played a good DBZ game since the snes one (Never played tenchachi or however its spelled).

I want to give some quick demo impressions after playing 1 match

- You can unlock several mini-cutscenes and you have specific goals for each matchup
- Controls are a bit sluggish. Might be because it was my first match
- English Voice Acting is terrible and out of sync in some places. If I were to buy this, I'd buy whatever version gave me Japanese voices

Comes out June 2008. Seems like they're rushing it.

Not a bad demo, not mind blowing. The intro is definitely the highlight.

I thought the graphics were great. I wonder how they'd look in HD ( I have an SDTV).... One thing I noticed is that after the fight with Raditz, there was no hole. I know it may not be a big deal for some, but it just seemed weird and it makes me wonder if they're going to water down any other violent things from the show . Not THAT big of a deal, i guess.

Im most definitely going to grab this when it comes out hopefully the deno (hehe major nelson type) won't let me down ill grab it when I get home.

I haven't bought a Dragon Ball Z game since the Japanese fighting games on the PS1, so this will be a first in a long while. I'll download the demo after work.

I never liked the DBZ fighting games...and my position stands after playing this new demo. I just don't see what people enjoy about it. Fan of the series or not, everything from the fighting to presentation is disjointed.

I really like the dialog scenes and the game looks really good but since this doesn't cover the whole series (or GT) I'll wait for the sequel they'll (no doubt) put out later on.

I'm trying to decide if I want the 360 or PS3 version. 360 version = achievements, and I could play it whenever I want. PS3 is stationed in my brother's room, but I can steal it whenever, but it would have better controls.

Damn the 360's shitty d-pad.

Played the PS3 demo and I'm liking it a lot as a spiritual Budokai 4 from the same developers. I like what they're doing with the Z Chronicles mode, which is all the demo is, and the need to complete objectives and set off special cutscenes for the fights. The animation and graphics are really nice, too.

Big fan of DBZ, and after playing this, I will undoubtedly get this down the line. Not worth $60 to me since I could get Budokai Tenkaichi 2 or 3 and have 100 characters or whatever, but will definitely pick this up with the first good deal on it. Looks amazing BTW too.

I totally wish they wouldn't release this at full price. Although I love the series and the games, I find it hard to bring myself to shell out 60 bucks for a DBZ game. I mean, maybe in 99, but damn.

Just played the demo, had no interest before in making this a day one purchase with June being so game heavy but guess i'll have to change those plans

Man I really enjoyed the demo and I have been playing it a lot, but I am worried about how easy it is to dodge attacks. Not for story mode purposes, but when it comes to the vs. mode. I don't want the matches to devolve into some constant dodge/fireball fest. Overall though awesome game, unfortunately I don't have the cash to buy it on day one, but definitely after a small drop. Now to go back and try to Z rank both missions again. :)

I'll definitely pick it up. I had always been a fan of DBZ, and it would be nice to have a DBZ game to play on the 360

The demo kicks ass. I'm not a big DBZ fan, but once the game is $40 or $50 even I'll grab it. As long as there is online vs. of course.

big fan of the manga, but not so much so the anime. i didn't get on board with whole Tenkaichi series when it hit the PS2, so i'm looking forward to trying this one out on the 360.

the only reason i'm skeptical is that it seems highly likely that they will bring out several more with a greater cast of characters at regular intervals, like the Tenkaichis.

Played the PS3 demo, good fun. The game is pretty and without the need to charge every five seconds, I dig.

Man, I had to run away just to get a few charge seconds in Tenkaichi. Really broke the flow. I'm glad it's gone but, $60 is steep. Maybe a deal-purchase.

So, the game comes out on the 12th in Canada (we get everything else on Tuesday, games on Thursday usually).
Apparently today is the release date, but nobody seems to have it. I'd imagine it will be available some point this week!
I'll be getting it for sure. How about you guys?

I definitely plan on getting it. But it's going to have to wait for now because of all the other games I am busy with.

im gonan snatch it up tommorrow hopefully with the new GS promotions going on. Does anyone know where i can find that 50% coupon?

Just bought mine a few minutes ago from GameStop. I took my deposit off Metal Gear to get this instead. lol I just don't feel like playing Metal Gear until I beat 2 and 3.

Yea, I basically got it because me and a friend of mine from work have been having Dragonball flashbacks to our high school days lately. So we went and picked this up today and it's great. I wish the combat was a bit more varied but I seem to be unlocking more things as I enter into the Cell saga. Still wish I had more characters tho... game seems short if Cell is the last enemy we face in this game.

If your Ping Bar looks good (in the green, 3 full bars), then there isn't much lag. Should be smooth sailing through the whole match.

However, if the bar with the opponent is yellowish (2 yellow bars), you want to be more careful. Don't fly right at people if they have super bar, or you'll most likely be unable to block it.

Red Ping Bar (just 1 bar) can be atrocious. The matches will basically be running at half speed, you won't be able to do anything "on reaction", and it pretty much just gets to be a chore.

If you search for custom matches, keep your searches to your own country, and you'll have a better chance to find solid connections.

bread's done
Back