Dragon Force to be a part of Sega Ages series in Japan in April

Wet Ninja

CAGiversary!
Feedback
17 (100%)
From http://ps2.ign.com/articles/582/582798p1.html:

Both Dragon Force and Fighting Vipers will be released for the PS2 as part of the Sega Ages series of "classic remakes" in Japan on April 28.

In past Sega Ages releases, the 2D graphics of games were updated to use 32-bit era-styled polygonal graphics. For example, see this picture of the updated Outrun: link. Let's hope they don't make drastic changes to the original Dragon Force. It would be great if they rereleased it unchanged for those of us who don't want to pay eBay prices for the original. It remains to be seen if this will make it over on this side of the water or not.

Working Designs expressed an interest in bringing over the Sega Ages version of Dragon Force. I read that in an IGN interview. Them fools better deliver! :evil:

Now all we need are the Panzer Dragoons, Guardian Heroes, Snatcher, and Radiant Silvergun. Hell, port every damn rare Sega game over, so we don't need to pay $100 plus for a copy.

[quote name='t65will']Working Designs expressed an interest in bringing over the Sega Ages version of Dragon Force. I read that in an IGN interview. Them fools better deliver! :evil:[/quote]

Yeah I do hope Working Designs bring this over here too. They did a great job on the sega saturn version. Also I wouldn't mind paying extra cash if they ever decide to include extra promo items like they did for Lunar and Growlanser. What would be even nicer if Sega actually release all chapters of the Shining Force 3 game.

[quote name='t65will']Working Designs expressed an interest in bringing over the Sega Ages version of Dragon Force. I read that in an IGN interview. Them fools better deliver! :evil:[/quote]

I'd rather Ubi do it, then we won't have to see another Vic Ireland translation. shudders.

This is old news, but it's nice that WD has put in a bid to translate it. I hope they lose out to Ubi Soft, though, since Ubi Soft A) does better translations and B) releases games in a timely fashion. If WD releases it, I'd get it at launch with any bonus packaging they worked out.

I also agree with the point made about the Shining Force games...all three scenarios need to be rereleased. Then again, they are reworking the Shining series, so that may never happen.

I'd also like them to finally announce a new Panzer Dragoon game. I'd settle for a re-made Saga with Orta's graphics engine. :D

Look for it sometime in 2008. Maybe later if vic catches a cold at any point in the next three years.

Since I already have Dragon Force for the Saturn. (I think I paid $10 for it at Best Buy) I'm more intrigued by this:
British publisher Empire announced they will release a new Taito Arcade Classics series for PS2, Xbox and PC this year, they will bring over 30 Taito arcade classes over the past 20 years, including Space Invaders, Bubble Bobble, Rainbow Islands and Operation Wolf.

This is the sort of thing, especially if the price is $30 or less, that I really want to see more of. Way too much good old material is unavailable to wouldbe paying customers in a convenient form.

What's this? Sega actually making a smart move for once?

If they were smart, they'd stop trying to throw out stupid franchises like Billy Hatcher and Otogi and come back with some of their classic franchises. Only way to right the sinking ship at this point, IMO.

[quote name='Grave_Addiction']What's this? Sega actually making a smart move for once?

If they were smart, they'd stop trying to throw out stupid franchises like Billy Hatcher and Otogi and come back with some of their classic franchises. Only way to right the sinking ship at this point, IMO.[/quote]

Yeah, just think how much better it would be if they never had that stupid Sonic and just had the umpteenth Alex Kidd game.

[quote name='Grave_Addiction']What's this? Sega actually making a smart move for once?

If they were smart, they'd stop trying to throw out stupid franchises like Billy Hatcher and Otogi and come back with some of their classic franchises. Only way to right the sinking ship at this point, IMO.[/quote]

Otogi is awesome! Irs just that no one give it a chance thats all.

The problem here is that Sony might not let that kind of game release on PS2. Remeber, the won't let Phantasy Star come to the US unless it is a collection.

bread's done
Back