Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime $24.99 at Best Buy

V

Virtua

I didn't see this in the ad this week, but there was a price placard for Rocket Slime at $24.99. picked it up for $20 with the gamepro coupon. It was featured recently on CAG's most underrated DS games, so take a look. Sorry if it's a repost!

Get this game guys, it is great. It starts off slow, but once you do those tank battles, they get so addicting.

For $20, I've got to add this to my collection. That's my sweet spot for handheld titles (since only the sucky ones ever seem to drop below that).

[quote name='sith_mog']Get this game guys, it is great. It starts off slow, but once you do those tank battles, they get so addicting.[/QUOTE]
Yep. It's not really really long either. But tank battles are great. Even getting the special characters to help you and shit is most awesome.

Damn.

Now I don't know if I should use my grandma's late Christmas present money on this or Hotel Dusk.

I want both so badly!

I played through it in about 10 hours(probably shorter since that includes times where i left it on). Its a very fun game, id def recommend it at this price.

Getting this in about an hour if it's still in stock.
If not, I have 3 Best Buys within lunch hour distance for tomorrow.

My son thinks I am nuts.
But that is what he said about Guitar Hero too, and he loved that.

[quote name='Strell']Damn.

Now I don't know if I should use my grandma's late Christmas present money on this or Hotel Dusk.

I want both so badly![/QUOTE]

You mean you haven't played DQH:RS yet?! Man, you have no right to get on my case about Phoenix Wright! :lol:.

BUT THIS NOW, PLAY IT AS YOU WALK OUT OF BEST BUY!

[quote name='io']

BUT THIS NOW[/QUOTE]

I don't know who you think I am, as I will NOT but anything!

I didn't even know that was a verb!

Awesome awesome game. Bought this as part of the B2G1 at TRU for someone and paid $25 for mine. At $20 it's an absolute steal and DS/GBA games don't come down in price usually (for the good ones that is).

Good deal with the coupon, but showing up as out of stock at the two closet stores and I won't have time to drive to the closet one that has it in stock (20-30 minutes away) this week .

Oh well.

[quote name='coolcps']I wanted to get this game, but heard it is really easy, is it? Probably still will get it soon enough though.[/QUOTE]

I'm interested in finding this out as well...I've also heard the same.

Anyone?

[quote name='Nick']I'm interested in finding this out as well...I've also heard the same.

Anyone?[/quote]It's not hard, so if that's what you base purchases on, you'll probably want to pass.

I would say it is on the easy side, but some of the tank battles get kinda crazy and hard. I recommend playing this, even though it is pretty short.

Heh. I got my copy at that sale, too. I bought a ton of stuff during that sale.

And I agree, this is a great game and I would recommend it to anyone. It is not a very difficult game, but it is fun and pretty long for a DS action-RPG. The tank battles are fun, the story is good (the game references are pretty lame-funny, I liked 'em), and the possibility of creating the ultimate tank will keep you coming back for a little while.

I liked the game so much I had to pick up a Slime controller for PS2 as a Rocket mini-statuette. :cool:

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Awesome awesome game. Bought this as part of the B2G1 at TRU for someone and paid $25 for mine. At $20 it's an absolute steal and DS/GBA games don't come down in price usually (for the good ones that is).[/quote]

went to atwater village,ca bb and the price on the shelf was still 35. the line was too long for me to wait to get a price check. is it still 35 at anyone elses bb?

I been wanting to try this game and this is the price for me to do it, but I do have a $20 BB gift card and I don't know if I should try for this or go for the Warioware for the Wii?

Picked this up last night with GGC. Now my queue for DS is Castlevania: POR, Phoenix Wright 2, Rocket Slime, Trace Memory and Feel The Magic.

[quote name='nesfan8222']went to atwater village,ca bb and the price on the shelf was still 35. the line was too long for me to wait to get a price check. is it still 35 at anyone elses bb?[/quote]
It's $24.99 on the BB.com website, which should be the in-store price. It's very seldom that the BB.com price is lower than the in-store price, at least not anymore.

Mine had tags at both $34.99 and $24.99.
I showed the kid, and he pulled the $34.

Gave him a $5 gamepro coupon as he was a big help trying to find FF3.
No luck, but he tried.

[quote name='coltcannon']Picked this up last night with GGC. Now my queue for DS is Castlevania: POR, Phoenix Wright 2, Rocket Slime, Trace Memory and Feel The Magic.[/QUOTE]

It will take you about an hour to finish Feel the Magic.

I went to Greenville, SC target last night to pick up this and Dungeon Siege PSP. No luck on the PSP game but they had plenty of Rocket Slimes. The games were also stickered $34.99 but they rang up at the correct price. Got it with the GGC for $19.99 plus tax.

This store has plenty of GGCs on the shelves, BTW.

bread's done
Back