Dragon quest IV $4.96 NEW Gohastings

LOL wow fail.. still 5 bucks is a good price for legend of kage 2 as well, but its still fucked up they sent the wrong game. Glad i missed it now

This is a pretty egregious error. You guys should all be complaining. They clearly need to give you guys refunds and/or coupons.

Now, I understand how I had that issue last year where they kept sending me Final Fantasy I PSP instead of Final Fantasy Crisis Core, but damn Kage is way off.

Still, email customer service, they should refund your money and tell you to keep Kage, which is pretty good.

So over a year ago they made this mistake, and the same one again still?
They owe a total refund, and also should let you keep the game. I'll never order from gohastings thanks guys.

Wow, I ordered from GoHastings in the past and haven't had any problems, but this thread is really making me hesitant to order from them in the future. Who knows what random game they'll send me when I order something through them?

At least they got an actual DS game and not a bag of ramen noodles, because I can see that happening with Gohastings.

Not really into dragon quest but which DS game is the hardest to find ?

Thanks.

I am playing a ps2 version now. pretty fun

[quote name='chunlirocks']Not really into dragon quest but which DS game is the hardest to find ?

Thanks.

I am playing a ps2 version now. pretty fun[/QUOTE]

V is usually the most expensive, going for somewhere around 40$ still.

man, i got legend of kage 2 also. I don't know what they are doing but the invoice says "Dragon Quest IV" how do they even get "Legend Of Kage 2" from that?

I just gave them a call and they told me to send it back for a refund. I knew it was too good to be true. Should have asked them to let me keep the game and give me back a refund.

you guys need to raise a serious stink about this with gohastings, because this is really jacked up. How in the hell would NOBODY with them not notice this error? That just makes me feel that someone higher up said "fuck it, who cares what our customers think they bought? now send'em all the wrong game" For cthulhu's sake, the friggin receipts SAY Dragon Quest IV!

[quote name='GohanX']Now, I understand how I had that issue last year where they kept sending me Final Fantasy I PSP instead of Final Fantasy Crisis Core, but damn Kage is way off.

Still, email customer service, they should refund your money and tell you to keep Kage, which is pretty good.[/QUOTE]

This exact thing happened to me last year. Only offered a refund if I sent it back, and at first they wanted me to pay for shipping.

Gohastings is a pretty remedial company. I tried to warn in this thread, but guess I was late.

That shit is absolutely ridiculous. I will never be purchasing from them at any point now. Sorry for all the issues you dudes are having.

Im not sure what they can do to help you but gohastings has a rep on cag, simply named gohastings, if you send them a pm, maybe they can help, I know this from experience because I had them take care of a wrongful shipping charge back when they had free shipping. Hope this helps.

tried calling customer service but it not working i get to the point where i put my order number in followed by the pound key, then they tell me to put in the 5 digit zip code followed by pound.... Then it says invalid entry and i start the whole process over.

any ideas?

[quote name='yeah420']tried calling customer service but it not working i get to the point where i put my order number in followed by the pound key, then they tell me to put in the 5 digit zip code followed by pound.... Then it says invalid entry and i start the whole process over.

any ideas?[/QUOTE]
Try not pushing any buttons and the system will think you have an old rotary phone and send you to a representative.

gohastings is literally a hit or a miss when it comes to used games (sucks that this happened with a new game) - i order a DMC4 collectors edition and got the regular edition twice....but ordered mass effect 2 collectors and it was in pristine condition

just my 2 cents if anyone was planning on ordering anything USED !!

Wow, I came so close to ordering this thinking for 5 bucks you can't go wrong. I guess it can go wrong when they send you the wrong game, sucks for everyone.

Glad to have found this topic if only because now I learned to stay away from GH. This is a pretty ridiculous error, and I can't believe it hasn't been fixed in a year. I'll be sticking with Amazon.

i love their sales, but i ordered a couple shirts awhile back and they still had those security tags on them and all they would do was tell me to take them to a store to try to have them remove the tags.

What I dont understand is why this company never gets in the Cag awards poll for worst online retailer.

I had this is in my cart and was about to check out but my gut feeling was that this wasn't going to work out. Came here and read the topic and decided it wasn't worth it for the hassle. Sucks for those who got hosed though. I'll never order anything from there now after this.

Perhaps someone has already suggested this, but I have a feeling this was done purposely. Someone at gohastings simply wanted to get rid of the glut of Legend of Kage 2 stock probably sitting in some dusty corner in the warehouse, and "mistakenly" listed it under Dragon Quest IV. I mean c'mon.. you mean to tell me that not a single person packing any of those orders that went out the door took a moment to look at the packing slip where it clearly stated, "Dragon Quest IV DS"..? And then in turn, what's even more suspicious is how every person that ordered DQ IV received the same wrong game...? Sounds really, really fishy to me.

[quote name='seether254']i love their sales, but i ordered a couple shirts awhile back and they still had those security tags on them and all they would do was tell me to take them to a store to try to have them remove the tags.[/QUOTE]

I bet that experience comes with a pair of matching silver bracelets.

Actually, you can see on the picture of the packing slip someone posted that there are 2 games listed. For "Title" it says Legend of Kage. For "Web-Title" it says Dragon Quest IV. So it is likely a mistake in that mapping that they never bothered to fix. Otherwise it is the most blatant bait and switch ever if they even list it on the receipt. Buy Dragon Quest, but secretly get Legend of Kage instead!

[quote name='MaelstromB']Perhaps someone has already suggested this, but I have a feeling this was done purposely. Someone at gohastings simply wanted to get rid of the glut of Legend of Kage 2 stock probably sitting in some dusty corner in the warehouse, and "mistakenly" listed it under Dragon Quest IV. I mean c'mon.. you mean to tell me that not a single person packing any of those orders that went out the door took a moment to look at the packing slip where it clearly stated, "Dragon Quest IV DS"..? And then in turn, what's even more suspicious is how every person that ordered DQ IV received the same wrong game...? Sounds really, really fishy to me.[/QUOTE]

I'm betting the people picking the orders for shipping don't look at the game. They likely get a slip that points them to a section of a warehouse, shelf, box. They grab whatever is in that box assuming it's the correct item. Someone managing the inventory screwed up and things got mislabeled/scanned. Then when the mislabeled carton got scanned into the inventory their system thought it was DQ, they intended to sell Kage 2 all along I'm sure.

I doubt it's some conspiracy of trying to unload a ton of games. They would have to know people would want a refund which now is costing them money and bad PR as people will no longer order from them, myself being included.

Sucks for everyone that got hosed, but thanks for taking one for the team and letting us all know not to order from GH! I know I'll never order from them anymore.

[quote name='iwannadie']I'm betting the people picking the orders for shipping don't look at the game. They likely get a slip that points them to a section of a warehouse, shelf, box. They grab whatever is in that box assuming it's the correct item. Someone managing the inventory screwed up and things got mislabeled/scanned. Then when the mislabeled carton got scanned into the inventory their system thought it was DQ, they intended to sell Kage 2 all along I'm sure.

I doubt it's some conspiracy of trying to unload a ton of games. They would have to know people would want a refund which now is costing them money and bad PR as people will no longer order from them, myself being included.[/QUOTE]

Either way, it's sloppy, lazy and just plain bad business practice, like you said. And, it seems to be a recurring issue for GH, which makes matters worse. I've had this happen twice to me in the past ordering from GH, but fortunately, I was not a part of this latest situation.

Hey all. Obviously we have a data issue with the Dragon Quest IV title. Our web ID for Dragon Quest is unfortunately linked to Legends of the Kage 2.

First, although I know this is a hassle, our sales are always guaranteed. If you receive the wrong title, then we will always pay for the return shipping and refund the entire amount (including shipping).

In this case, I'm willing to go a step further and offer everyone who inadvertently purchased this title a goHastings.com gift card for $15.

That's just us saying we're sorry for the error. Email us at [email protected] and include your order number and we will take care of it.

Sorry,
John

[quote name='gohastings']Hey all. Obviously we have a data issue with the Dragon Quest IV title. Our web ID for Dragon Quest is unfortunately linked to Legends of the Kage 2.

First, although I know this is a hassle, our sales are always guaranteed. If you receive the wrong title, then we will always pay for the return shipping and refund the entire amount (including shipping).

In this case, I'm willing to go a step further and offer everyone who inadvertently purchased this title a goHastings.com gift card for $15.

That's just us saying we're sorry for the error. Email us at [email protected] and include your order number and we will take care of it.

Sorry,
John[/QUOTE]

I say let everyone keep the game but refund them. It'll be a slight hit, but also a sign of good will and prospect of change towards the better. And I didn't purchase a copy.

Good luck with the refund they told me once Id be receiving a 20.00 gift card in the mail for one of their errors and never sent it.

[quote name='SoulProphet']man, i got legend of kage 2 also. I don't know what they are doing but the invoice says "Dragon Quest IV" how do they even get "Legend Of Kage 2" from that?

I just gave them a call and they told me to send it back for a refund. I knew it was too good to be true. Should have asked them to let me keep the game and give me back a refund.[/QUOTE]

err they are paying for return shipping right? It would probably cost more to ship it back with delivery confirmation than it did to actually buy the game

Im curious to those of you who are sending it back.. they ARE paying return shipping right? This is a joke i doubt i'll ever buy from this company

[quote name='jk5000']What I dont understand is why this company never gets in the Cag awards poll for worst online retailer.[/QUOTE]

where is this poll/award? I would ike to see what some of the crappy compnaies are soi can avoid them =P

Wow...my $13 Dragon Quest IV order from Newegg.com had already shipped when this offer popped up. Or I would have jumped on it. 8 of the 9 games I've ordered from gohastings came complete, only 1 game was missing a manual, so they really aren't bad

[quote name='jk5000']Good luck with the refund they told me once Id be receiving a 20.00 gift card in the mail for one of their errors and never sent it.[/QUOTE]

Well, they promised me a gift card a few weeks ago in response to a problem with a previous order and I had it the following week, so that averages out to a 50% chance of getting one ;-)

[quote name='jk5000']Good luck with the refund they told me once Id be receiving a 20.00 gift card in the mail for one of their errors and never sent it.[/QUOTE]

And...you just left it alone? It's bad they didn't send it, but it's also kind of bad that you didn't pursue the issue.

[quote name='tossin']And...you just left it alone? It's bad they didn't send it, but it's also kind of bad that you didn't pursue the issue.[/QUOTE]

It's funny you mention that because when I had called about my issue, I ended the call thinking that they were going to email me the gift card information. A few days went by and I started getting frustrated that I still hadn't received anything so I gave them a call. They were really helpful and were able to give me the codes to redeem the credit over the phone. Of course the next day I received the gift card in the mail. :lol:

While I have had problems with some of my orders getting cancelled by GH, they've always been more than willing to make things as right as they can (free return shipping, etc). Given their business model, it is possible for things to go out of stock after you place your order and they can't ship something to you that they don't have. But you also won't be paying for something you didn't get, and in situations like this one, you might even come out ahead when GH gives you a credit for the inconvenience (which they are under no obligation to do).

That said, I know from personal experience it can be very disappointing if you aren't able to get the awesome deal you thought you were going to get. Even if you come out even or ahead on the financial side, the emotional disappointment may still be there. But hey, there's always another deal out there (and a credit makes that next deal an even better deal) ;-)

[quote name='Kenshindono']strange.. wherea re the results? All i see in the polls are that they are closed, but i see no results (they're locked) and no main thread showing the results. Im really curious who won. I would have voted gamestop easily, though bestbuy is quite bad[/QUOTE]

Not strange, they're not posted yet. Patience, grasshopper!

I don't understand why some of you are saying stuff like they should be nominated worst online retailer or getting so upset over this. As long as I am not out money for their errors, it is no big issue. It just makes me less confident that future orders will be fulfilled. The fact that they are taking returns at no cost (which is the minimum they should do) and also offering a $15 gift card (above and beyond) sounds like great customer service to me. $15 is probably more than amazon would offer in this type of situation. They just haven't perfected their online fulfillment system yet, but they always try to make things right when there are errors. Legend of Kage is still a decent deal at $7, so even if I don't return it, this ended up a good deal for me, net $8 to spend on more stuff.

so i got my order in the mail today. how are they paying for return shipping? should i just even not open it and write "return to sender" on the package so it doesnt cost anything?

[quote name='scottman']I don't understand why some of you are saying stuff like they should be nominated worst online retailer or getting so upset over this. As long as I am not out money for their errors, it is no big issue. It just makes me less confident that future orders will be fulfilled. The fact that they are taking returns at no cost (which is the minimum they should do) and also offering a $15 gift card (above and beyond) sounds like great customer service to me. $15 is probably more than amazon would offer in this type of situation. They just haven't perfected their online fulfillment system yet, but they always try to make things right when there are errors. Legend of Kage is still a decent deal at $7, so even if I don't return it, this ended up a good deal for me, net $8 to spend on more stuff.[/QUOTE]

Actually, the same thing happened to me over a year ago. They offered no 15 dollars. They never fixed the inventory error after I contacted them THREE TIMES. And yes, they wanted me to PAY FOR RETURN SHIPPING.

They're not a good company no matter how much their 15 dollar coupon to pacify 10 people fools you. I've made 4 orders from them, 3 were wrong and one was covered in something that looked like post-coital secretion. Each time they made it a hassle to return the items. Many many many others have had issues with both the quality of their purchase and the correctness of their order. Please don't get high and mighty on things you clearly are ignorant to.

Just learn from your mistakes and avoid Gohastings. Simple. You don't have to buy from them.

[quote name='unclenebber']Actually, the same thing happened to me over a year ago. They offered no 15 dollars. They never fixed the inventory error after I contacted them THREE TIMES. And yes, they wanted me to PAY FOR RETURN SHIPPING.

They're not a good company no matter how much their 15 dollar coupon to pacify 10 people fools you. I've made 4 orders from them, 3 were wrong and one was covered in something that looked like post-coital secretion. Each time they made it a hassle to return the items. Many many many others have had issues with both the quality of their purchase and the correctness of their order. Please don't get high and mighty on things you clearly are ignorant to.

Just learn from your mistakes and avoid Gohastings. Simple. You don't have to buy from them.[/QUOTE]

I'm not saying you haven't had those experiences with GH, but my experiences have been much more positive (partly because, understanding how their inventory system works for online orders, I realize that not every item I order will always be fulfilled). When I have had problems with anything they've shipped me, they've always paid for return shipping (happened 2 times during the crazy holiday sales).

Obviously each person should decide for themselves whether to buy from GH and there are plenty of comments around here, both positive and negative, for everyone to make an informed decision.

bread's done
Back