Dragon Quest IV (DS) - $12.99 shipped @ Newegg

That's an awesome price. I still have IV, V, and VI sealed. My game backlog is huge at the moment and I haven't gotten around to playing them yet.

[quote name='Petey Parker']That's an awesome price. I still have IV, V, and VI sealed. My game backlog is huge at the moment and I haven't gotten around to playing them yet.[/QUOTE]

I'd buy V off of you.

Got this off Amazon when it was a Goldbox deal. I think... Ironically picked up IX AND VI in Goldbox deals too. I need V to complete the collection.

[quote name='monkeymanofmars']Any one know how long this deal will last?[/QUOTE]
24 Hours tops this is a pretty sweet deal. I bought one and I don't even own a DS

$13 and free shipping. Looks like I have another fucking game to buy when I get home. I must say Newegg has been stepping up their stuff lately. I been getting lots of good deals at newegg.

Bought! Great deal to go with me buying DQV for $9 in a BestBuy bargain bin a few years ago. Should have bought all the copies!!!

Now if only they'd release DQX for PS3!

[quote name='ElektroDragon']Bought! Great deal to go with me buying DQV for $9 in a BestBuy bargain bin a few years ago. Should have bought all the copies!!!

Now if only they'd release DQX for PS3![/QUOTE]
holy cow! $9!

Well I bought IV for $13 so I feel good now.

[quote name='VideoGamesIzFun']24 Hours tops this is a pretty sweet deal. I bought one and I don't even own a DS[/QUOTE]

lol I don't either, but I bought a copy. I have actually never owned a DS of any kind, but I plan to get a 3DS when they release, so might as well start building a backlog :D

I wasn't planning to get this game for another couple of weeks, but at this price, plus free shipping made this too good of a deal to pass up.

Much appreciated, OP!

[quote name='Masterkyo']still hope Square-Enix re-release Dragon Quest V (DS) for $19.99[/QUOTE]

I agree... Don't feel like paying 50+ for DQV... I know it is really good... but still... I did bit on DQIV though... throw it on my backlog... If not 19.99, at least 29.99 price point... give us a chance to pick it up... :whistle2:/

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']Kotaku did a post about how playing DS games w/ Start+Select on the 3DS makes them look "significantly" better, so who the hell knows. Just comes down to preference I guess.[/QUOTE]
But smaller than a normal DS screen IIRC

Picked this up thanks OP, I've been playing through DQ VIII on PS2 and really enjoying it. Picked up V complete at Gamestop today for $31 as well.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']I'd buy V off of you.[/QUOTE]

Sorry. I'm not selling. I have every intention on opening it. I just haven't gotten to play it yet.

It's just adding to the love, but I have to also cosign how great of a deal this is. DQIV was hands down my favorite NES game, and the DS remake is fantastic. I paid $40 and found it worth every penny. For any RPG fan, this should be a no-brainer.

I traded this game away after beating it, but at this price (and after loving 5, 9, and currently playing 6) I had to repurchase it! Thanks OP.

[quote name='zane_7849']Picked this up thanks OP, I've been playing through DQ VIII on PS2 and really enjoying it. Picked up V complete at Gamestop today for $31 as well.[/QUOTE]

Dragon Quest VIII on PS2 has been my favorite so far.

Just got my copy and so far it's pretty good. It's my first DQ so I can't wait to see what I can get out of it.

...and it looks like this deal is dead.

Nope, I got my copy a couple of days ago. I never have any problems with Newegg; they are usually very fast.

However, now I'm on a journey to find a complete copy of Dragon Quest V at one of the local Gamestops, which is proving to be difficult. I hope I don't have to end up paying $60-70 for the game in the end.

picked one up, price was just too good; however, I must ask my fellow CAGs, how does 4 compare to 7 or 8?

I loved the original Dragon Warrior for the nes, never got to play 2,3,or 4. i own and played through 7 but i really kinda hated it. i have only played maybe an hour or so of 8, did not really like what i played of it. also how does 5, 6, and 9 compare to those?

9=5 > 6 > 4. 4 is okay but it's definitely the most outdated of them all. If you had the choice of playing any of them, go with one of the other title, namely 5. For the record, I didn't like 8 at all either.

got mine finally
added to my collection
now i just need Rocket slime and i have all ds and onto dragon warrior games

[quote name='Bezerker']This is 3 releases before Dragon Quest VI

DQ6 -> DQ9 -> DQ5 -> DQ4[/QUOTE]

ya. I never really understood their thoughts on the release order there o_O

I dont get what they did with V.. it goes for like 60 bucks these days for some reason. All the others are relativly cheap

I really want to buy this, but I know that I won't be playing it for a while if I do.

Do you guys think it is going to drop much lower than this, or should I just get it now at this price?

[quote name='cmahoney']I really want to buy this, but I know that I won't be playing it for a while if I do.

Do you guys think it is going to drop much lower than this, or should I just get it now at this price?[/QUOTE]
If there is a drop in price, it would be a liquidation drop and it would be the final one. I doubt Square is pushing more of these out the door with V, VI, and IX on shelves beside it.

Newegg probably bought out a major retailers stock for cheap and is selling it for this price.

I put about 5 hours in to the game so far and it is kinda refreshing how its set up with the individual chapters. Well worth the money in my opinion at this price.

i say buy a copy now as this is super cheap
i lov dragon quest and getting a sealed one is cool and i have the guide to go with it

i got my dragon quest V at a K-Mart, try your local one as i would never want to pay $60 for it.

Also check lowball, a few CAG have it for sale to.
Shiziim and squarehard both do and better than retail

bread's done
Back