Dragon Quest IX Japanese release date comfirmed

I'm surprised the next iteration of the Dragon Quest franchise is coming to our favorite handheld, but I'm certainly not unhappy about it. And yeah, given that we still have to get DQV & VI, we'll all be plenty saturated with DQ goodness to not mind too much the IXth being as far off as it is.

My only question regards the game's graphics. Can we possibly expect the top-down overworld of the present DS games, or something more along the lines of Dragon Quest Monsters?

I'm sure I'll be getting this at Japanese release. My boyfriend will want to play the shit out of it, and I'll make him translate for me. :lol:

on the Dragon quest 4 i heard (anyone know if true)

DRagon quest 4 Sept 08 yes i know its out

Dragon quest 5 Feb / march 2009

Dragon quest 6 Sept or Oct 2009

it wouldnt shock me to see Dragon quest 6 hit Oct and 9 hit by xmas 2009

Still would of love to see

DRAGON QUEST 4 5 and 6 come out at once

39.99 each or all for 100

[quote name='slidecage']
DRagon quest 4 Sept 08 yes i know its out

Dragon quest 5 Feb / march 2009

Dragon quest 6 Sept or Oct 2009

[/quote]

DQ4 took 10 months and you're projecting DQ5 to take 7? No DQ game (main games not the spin-offs) came out in US that soon. And DQ6 isn't even out yet on Japan.

Wow I just assumed it was out in Japan already. Damn they took awhile for this one. Looking forward to eventually getting it here.

[quote name='gunm']I wet myself when I saw the character customization stuff. :p

MUST. BUY.[/quote]

Looks cool but I think it might feel a bit awkward pulling out the stylus just to change your equipment. I'm guessing rest of the game is controlled using the D-pad and buttons.

Yeah that seems like a gimick. Why drag a hat over to the character's head instead of just clicking on the hat? Just extra work.

bread's done
Back