Dragon Quest IX

Jesse_Dylan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I didn't see any other threads (except one about it coming with a slime hat).

$34.99 seems kinda steep. I'll pay it, because even more so than I am cheap, I am a Dragon Quest nerd, but gosh. I'm hoping Amazon.com will reduce the price before my pre-order ships (and not directly after!!).

Any thoughts?

I have a $10 off Gamestop on-line coupon, but once shipping and tax are added in, the $10 off is pretty much eaten. Would be great on top of an already good price but not on a retail price.

I think it'll go down in price, but you'll have to wait a few months, or for a DotD type thing. I'm thinking sometime in the next couple months there'll be a $20 or $25 DotD.

Yeah, I'll probably just have to take the hit on this one. That's okay, though. :) I want to support it anyway, not to mention play it as soon as it's out. It's fun to be nerdy like that from time to time.

I think Toys R Us is giving away a $15 gift card when you buy Dragon Quest. I know it is still $34.99 but at least you get that gift card. Supposed to be all week long.

Dude I know this site is called cheap ass gamer, but DQIX is well worth the $34.99. It's a great quality game that has 100's of hours worth of gameplay.

Well, my Amazon order is "shipping soon", so I guess i won't be switching after all. At least I'll be playing it Tuesday. But I could have bought it locally tomorrow for the same price (nearly $40 with tax, ouch).

Sigh, oh well.

[quote name='Jesse_Dylan']

Yeah, I don't mind buying a game when I really want it (already have it pre-ordered from Amazon with two-day Prime shipping), but I'm not used to paying retail price.[/QUOTE]

Me either, but sometimes you just have to bite the bullet. I'm using a giftcard so it's not costing me anything out-of-pocket, but I still don't like paying retail for any game. You just KNOW there'll be a sale or DOTD in a couple months, but just balance that out with the time you could've spent enjoying this game and everyone has to come to their own decision.

Anyone think there's any chance I can get BB to match TRU on the gift card, or have them take $15 off? :D

Yup, there're games from time to time that I just wanna grab immediately, even if just to support it if not play it right away. Persona 3 Portable is one of those, too. :)

And if there's a DotD or some other great price on DQIX soon, I'll grab a second copy for my brother. Even with his crappy taste, he's GOT to like DQIX.......

[quote name='keithp']Me either, but sometimes you just have to bite the bullet. I'm using a giftcard so it's not costing me anything out-of-pocket, but I still don't like paying retail for any game. You just KNOW there'll be a sale or DOTD in a couple months, but just balance that out with the time you could've spent enjoying this game and everyone has to come to their own decision.[/QUOTE]

Don't forget the daily shop updates and weekly quests. I want to get in on that immediately. There will probably be something great for early adopters in the shop on day one.

[quote name='Jesse_Dylan']Yup, there're games from time to time that I just wanna grab immediately, even if just to support it if not play it right away. Persona 3 Portable is one of those, too. :)

And if there's a DotD or some other great price on DQIX soon, I'll grab a second copy for my brother. Even with his crappy taste, he's GOT to like DQIX.......[/QUOTE]

I could see Persona 3 for the psp being DOTD very shortly for 19.99

Look how many times Persona 1 for the psp was deal of the day for 9.99 or 14.99

I was sad in a way persona 3 didnt make it today from gamefly (now got to wait till monday) I probally just head off to bed early tonight (instead of stay up to 5am last weekend playing games with friends ) another bad thing is im getting dragon quest 9 tomorrow at TRU and will probally end up just tossing the Persona 3 game back in the mail tuesday

(i will try it for around an hour or so to see if i like it... if i like it i will wait for it to fall to around 20 or less before buying) since DQ 9 will take me probally a month or two to get 100% done

bread's done
Back