Dragon Quest V DS - $36.99 @ Amazon.com

[quote name='wampa8jedi']Though I'm always sympathetic to the hunt for a good deal, this one really is worth the asking price. One of the best games in the series.[/QUOTE]

I went ahead and bought it. Worst case I can just return it, as I'll keep it sealed until I am ready to play it. Time to list some things on ebay to compensate!

Thank God I got this when Fry's was clearancing these out late last year. I think I paid $12.xx or so for it. Easily worth every penny. You might get lucky if you have a Fry's near you - doesn't hurt to check. Though even in the extremely unlikely case they still have a copy or two, I think they raised the price back up substantially.

[quote name='mightyjoe']are there any difference btw US and UK version?[/QUOTE]

To my knowledge, the only difference is that the UK version doesn't include the "5," because they got so few DQ games over there, so it's just called "Dragon Quest: The Hand of the Heavenly Bride."

[quote name='saetia']Thanks for contributing.[/QUOTE]

Thanks as well for the contribution ;)

[quote name='eau']Maybe they reprinted it recently?[/QUOTE]

I believe they did actually. The only reason I'm guessing this is because it was OOS at every store in my area (including TRU and Gamestop), then several months back I started seeing multiple copies of it at every TRU and Gamestop. Smells like a reprint.

[quote name='sigmano9']if i'm not mistaken, VI comes out this june in japan. dont feel good about paying that price, but picked one up cause they do not exist in the greater milwaukee area.[/QUOTE]

Actually, VI DS has been out in Japan for a month now. It'll probably be out here by the end of the year since SE is so slow when it comes to releasing DQ games here.

[quote name='karkyco']Thank God I got this when Fry's was clearancing these out late last year. I think I paid $12.xx or so for it. Easily worth every penny. You might get lucky if you have a Fry's near you - doesn't hurt to check. Though even in the extremely unlikely case they still have a copy or two, I think they raised the price back up substantially.[/QUOTE]

I never did had luck finding V when it was clearanced around my area =/. In fact, its not even listed on their site anymore.

[quote name='pspgameboy926']Actually, VI DS has been out in Japan for a month now. It'll probably be out here by the end of the year since SE is so slow when it comes to releasing DQ games here.

I never did had luck finding V when it was clearanced around my area =/. In fact, its not even listed on their site anymore.[/QUOTE]

I hope you didn't go by the website; their website is often all sorts of crap. I actually had to ask the guy at the game/movie desk to look it up, since it wasn't on the shelf. He looked it up on the computer, and yep they had them in stock, but they were behind the front counter/registers somewhere. No idea how many they had, but I got 1 for myself and 1 for a friend. I should have bought them all. That's why I say, if you didn't check thoroughly before at your store, i.e. specifically asking them to look it up as well as scour the game shelves, you might get VERY lucky still.

Worth mentioning again that this is ARGUABLY the best in the series. If you have any interest in jrpgs on the DS and haven't played any in the series, go for this one.

bread's done
Back