Dragon Quest V for DS, $11.42

[quote name='Greatwhitecoley']Wasn't it this time last year people were clamoring at this for 35-40 as a good deal. Thank God for reprints.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it was considered good on sale for 39.99 last may. Fortunately for me, I found it for 19.99 and cancelled my other order. I'm tempted to pick up an extra copy or two for when it becomes scarce again.

Bought one. I had been watching this on Amazon for a while after I got IX from Best Buy for $4.99 and then I&II (GBC), III (GBC) IV, VI, and VII (PSX) from trades (already had VIII). Finally dropped below $15 which was my threshold.

For less thn $15 ths is a steal, thanks op
21.gif

All three DQ DS games were this price starting Black Friday week and going through January. It's a great price for a title in the usually fantastic DQ series.

hopefully the non-eco cases become a collector or something because i paid 60 for it because it was OOP at the time and just wanted to play it

[quote name='hwmusic']hopefully the non-eco cases become a collector or something because i paid 60 for it because it was OOP at the time and just wanted to play it[/QUOTE]

Unless there's something different on the sleeve insert, I'd doubt it. You can take the insert out of the eco case and put it in a standard case...

I feel bad for anyone that bought this for $50 on amazon last year. Also Dragon Quest IX was up there too...but best buy decided one day to sell them for $5 ... picked up a few :)

Bought this game on Launch and never would have imagined it would have gotten so rare later on. I think 4 didn't do the numbers they expected.

I purchased 100 so I can sell them for $30 each!

Worth the price, but can't pull the trigger with so many $5 games in my backlog that are playable.

[quote name='2DMention']Bought this game on Launch and never would have imagined it would have gotten so rare later on. I think 4 didn't do the numbers they expected.[/QUOTE]

This.

[quote name='Blade']All three DQ DS games were this price starting Black Friday week and going through January. It's a great price for a title in the usually fantastic DQ series.[/QUOTE]

Argh, totally missed that :(

I think I may pick this up for this price. I have never played any Dragon Quest game before but this might be a good starting point :D

[quote name='AcidRain25']Price just dropped to $13.77[/QUOTE]

Crap I should've waited a couple of days. Even though I paid less than $1 more, the CAG in me feels disappointed. :lol: One of the better DQ games in the series in my opinion.

damn it, same as the last 3 freaking games I bought from Amazon,lol. All dropped a couple of dollars, although they were bargain prices to begin with. Still annoying =/. Games: this, forgotten kingdom, and enslaved,lol.

I've just got a 3DS and have been watching this game for a while. I almost bit when it was $14 or so, but decided to pass as I just got DQIX and figured I may not get around to playing this for a while, if ever. However, at this price? I bit.

I liked DQV more. The story is more traditional JRPG. I didn't care for the MMO-like qualities in DQIX. So if you like a more traditional rpg and story, go with DQV.

[quote name='roymustang']I feel bad for all those people that payed those insane prices before the reprint.[/QUOTE]

Indeed. To think that a year or two ago, this was a rare product waitin' to be price-gouched.

[quote name='Devulture']Indeed. To think that a year or two ago, this was a rare product waitin' to be price-gouched.[/QUOTE]

Any chance that will happen again? Might pick up an extra copy just in case..

Probably, but not as high as it used to be, since reprints tend to lessen the value of a product overtime. Imagine if Panzer Dragoon Saga had a few more reprints for the Sega Saturn a while back, the game would be far less expensive to buy used than it is now.

You are now connected to Jayakumar from Amazon.com.
Me:hello I just paid more for this a few days ago9:10:08 PM
Me:Hello 9:10:15 PM

Jayakumar:Hello my name is Jayakumar. I'll be happy to help you.9:10:20 PM

Me:it's not much but I was wondering if i could get a price match on this item I just got today and have not opened it yet and can return to and rebuy to get the lower price If have to 9:10:59 PM

Jayakumar:Order ID: :11:20 PM

Me:yeah9:11:36 PM

Jayakumar:I'm sure it's disappointing to see the lower price on the "Dragon Quest V" you recently purchased. 9:11:51 PM
Jayakumar:Our prices regularly change, and the price you paid when your order shipped was the lowest price we were able to offer at the time.9:12:09 PM
Jayakumar:You can visit our pricing policies in our Help pages to read more:9:12:17 PM
Jayakumar:http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=4685029:12:17 PM

Me:so i could just reorder at this price and send back my old order ?9:13:14 PM

Jayakumar:If you decide to return the item and reorder, the return would be subject to our usual returns policy. Please visit www.amazon.com/returns for details. 9:14:09 PM

Me:it says the return details are 30 days unopened 9:16:39 PM

Jayakumar:Yes, you can print the return mailing label and return it to us.9:17:10 PM

Me:could we not just cut out all the middle work and have you just refund the total due ?9:18:08 PM

Jayakumar:I understand your concern. Since it's against our policy, we're unable to fulfill your request at the moment.9:19:23 PM
Jayakumar:prices on some items may change due to special offers from suppliers and manufacturers or our inventory and sales volumes. When we can offer a lower price for new purchases we will, but we can't honor new discounts for completed orders.9:19:27 PM

Me:so you want me to send back the old order on your dime then reorder the item and get my free shipping again ?9:20:06 PM

Jayakumar:Since you've Amazon Student Program in your account, you won't be charged for the shipping fee for your order.9:21:21 PM

Jayakumar from Amazon.com has left the conversation.

made him ragequit on me : /

Understandably so. You shouldn't expect a discount after the fact. Sure it sucks paying 3 bucks more, but its not worth bothering amazon for it. Don't be surprised when one day you are banned.

[quote name='janesvilleninja']You are now connected to Jayakumar from Amazon.com.
Me:hello I just paid more for this a few days ago9:10:08 PM
Me:Hello 9:10:15 PM
Jayakumar:Hello my name is Jayakumar. I'll be happy to help you.9:10:20 PM

Me:it's not much but I was wondering if i could get a price match on this item I just got today and have not opened it yet and can return to and rebuy to get the lower price If have to 9:10:59 PM

Jayakumar:Order ID: :11:20 PM

Me:yeah9:11:36 PM

Jayakumar:I'm sure it's disappointing to see the lower price on the "Dragon Quest V" you recently purchased. 9:11:51 PM
Jayakumar:Our prices regularly change, and the price you paid when your order shipped was the lowest price we were able to offer at the time.9:12:09 PM
Jayakumar:You can visit our pricing policies in our Help pages to read more:9:12:17 PM
Jayakumar:http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=4685029:12:17 PM

Me:so i could just reorder at this price and send back my old order ?9:13:14 PM

Jayakumar:If you decide to return the item and reorder, the return would be subject to our usual returns policy. Please visit www.amazon.com/returns for details. 9:14:09 PM

Me:it says the return details are 30 days unopened 9:16:39 PM

Jayakumar:Yes, you can print the return mailing label and return it to us.9:17:10 PM

Me:could we not just cut out all the middle work and have you just refund the total due ?9:18:08 PM

Jayakumar:I understand your concern. Since it's against our policy, we're unable to fulfill your request at the moment.9:19:23 PM
Jayakumar:prices on some items may change due to special offers from suppliers and manufacturers or our inventory and sales volumes. When we can offer a lower price for new purchases we will, but we can't honor new discounts for completed orders.9:19:27 PM

Me:so you want me to send back the old order on your dime then reorder the item and get my free shipping again ?9:20:06 PM

Jayakumar:Since you've Amazon Student Program in your account, you won't be charged for the shipping fee for your order.9:21:21 PM

Jayakumar from Amazon.com has left the conversation.

made him ragequit on me : /
[/QUOTE]

good for him. he's just following policy.

do Amazon Student Program people not have to pay return shipping? Cause that's usually like $5, which means people usually don't hassle the CSRs unless it's a major amount, and in which case, they'd still tell you to return it and buy it again.

just came in to post that prices for most games that were dropping a few cents daily went back to normal price. Otomedius Excellent went from $15 to $29. DQV from $11 to $14, Solatorobo from $13 to $20.

[quote name='Diggeh']$11.08 now. Grab it! :hot::hot::hot:[/QUOTE]

[quote name='marineal']just came in to post that prices for most games that were dropping a few cents daily went back to normal price. Otomedius Excellent went from $15 to $29. DQV from $11 to $14, Solatorobo from $13 to $20.[/QUOTE]

Please note that the price of Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride has increased from $11.08 to $14.88 since you placed it in your Shopping Cart. Items in your cart will always reflect the most recent price displayed on their product detail pages.
:(

[quote name='marineal']just came in to post that prices for most games that were dropping a few cents daily went back to normal price. Otomedius Excellent went from $15 to $29. DQV from $11 to $14, Solatorobo from $13 to $20.[/QUOTE]

DQV now $14.49 and Solatorobo now $19.99. Mine shipped last night for $12.44 and $13.56

For the guy who made the phone call - I emailed them and they told me I would be charged the lowest price when it finally shipped, which was about $1.50 total less between the 2 games. I didn't email about the price, that was coincidental, I emailed b/c it was in "shipping soon" status for 4 days and I was wondering what Amazon's definition of "soon" was. Probably the same as Bill Clinton's. Anyway I decided it behooved me that they not lower the price b/c I got FSSS for the $26.00 total (which is 1 reason I ordered the 2 games to begin with) and if they had been $1.02 less shipping was about $8 I think. Good to be a CAG, but I plead guilty to getting carried away some times.

bread's done
Back