Dragon Quest V Reprint? $39.99 on Amazon

Anyone know if i can still cancel my order that i placed on the 24th? It looks like it hasn't shipped yet so i think i can probably still do that.

Hell maybe its worth having a sealed copy and one to play.. dunno. Is it worth letting the other 40 dollar one ship or should i just cancel it outright? i should decide soon

by the way still wondering if DQVIII comes in the artbox if you buy it new these days

I am tempted to order but I have gotten way too many things from amazon lately. I will just wait till this becomes really cheap used after the reprints start to surface, if it is indeed being reprinted.

So yeah, all you goddamn haters.

I called CS about the existing order that is arriving today. I got a $20 promotional credit issued. GO CONTACT CUSTOMER SERVICE.

[quote name='Brother Daz']and they have over 999 copies available[/QUOTE]

I just want to know if there's any difference between this print and my sealed copy.

So glad that I finally get to play this game. Good thing flippers wouldn't take my $50 just a few months ago.

They got a ton of copies, it's already 15mins in, and they haven't sold half their stock yet.

[quote name='confoosious']I just want to know if there's any difference between this print and my sealed copy.[/QUOTE]

someone said the case "may" be different

Could it possibly be an exclusive reprint, wasn't gamestop the only store to get some of the PS1 reprints?? There is no way Amazon was just sitting on 999 of these games.

Unless I'm mistaken, you can only be in for 1 with lightning deals. It's to avoid hoarding. I once added an item to my cart and didn't buy it, only to find out that I couldn't get the deal anymore. It's to avoid "reserving" the deal from what I'm told.

The system in place (should) time out the item in your cart after 15 mins, and if it hasn't sold out by then you can add (1) copy of the item into your cart again.

But yeah in the past you were effed if you didn't check out.

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']So yeah, all you goddamn haters.

I called CS about the existing order that is arriving today. I got a $20 promotional credit issued. GO CONTACT CUSTOMER SERVICE.[/QUOTE]

Yup, just did that and got a credit for my order that is supposed to be showing up tomorrow. Anyone else in the same boat might want to try that.

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']You guys can think QQing is not warranted, but what does it take me? A good 5 mins on the phone, ohnoes.[/QUOTE]

I called CS about the existing order that is arriving today. I got a $20 promotional credit issued. GO CONTACT CUSTOMER SERVICE.[/QUOTE]

"Haters"? Seriously dude, chill. As far as I can see (unless you got a bunch of PMs or something), I'm the only one who responded to you, and all I did was tell you what the official Amazon "policy" was on such things to manage your expectations (so that you didn't throw this kind of little hissy fit on an Amazon CS rep if they refused you), and give you your other options if they refused (so, uh, I was trying to help -- sorry for doing that now, I guess). Like I said, it was worth a try, and I'm glad that it worked out for you.

That being said, like most exceptions with Amazon CS, anyone else trying it should be aware that they may get a different answer. Sometimes if it doesn't work with the first rep you talk to, calling back and talking to another one will work. YMMV, but again, worth a try.

[quote name='arcane93']"Haters"? Seriously dude, chill. As far as I can see (unless you got a bunch of PMs or something), I'm the only one who responded to you, and all I did was tell you what the official Amazon "policy" was on such things to manage your expectations (so that you didn't throw this kind of little hissy fit on an Amazon CS rep if they refused you), and give you your other options if they refused (so, uh, I was trying to help -- sorry for doing that now, I guess). Like I said, it was worth a try, and I'm glad that it worked out for you.

That being said, like most exceptions with Amazon CS, anyone else trying it should be aware that they may get a different answer. Sometimes if it doesn't work with the first rep you talk to, calling back and talking to another one will work. YMMV, but again, worth a try.[/QUOTE]

To be fair, I strongly implied he was a whiny baby but I think he reported my post like a whiny baby and got it deleted.

Sorry, wasn't directed towards you arcane. And I didn't report your post, didn't care enough sorry. Just trying to save other CAGs some money.

And like I said, I've done this several times in the past (though not many lightning deals) and never had an issue. Wasn't going to throw a fit either way, but I knew what I was getting myself into from the start. Always contact CS, always keep trying if you get turned down on the first try. It takes so little effort, and Amazon will pull through.

you really need to relax.

----

By the way, I'm too old to be up on my internet speak. What's QQing mean?

They really got a ton of these. It's like square reprinted and forced amazon to be the only retailer to take all their copies, so amazon is trying to get rid of them during a goldbox. But if they still have a lot left after this, I bet their price will drop closer to $20 anyway.

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']Sorry, wasn't directed towards you arcane. And I didn't report your post, didn't care enough sorry. Just trying to save other CAGs some money.

And like I said, I've done this several times in the past (though not many lightning deals) and never had an issue. Wasn't going to throw a fit either way, but I knew what I was getting myself into from the start. Always contact CS, always keep trying if you get turned down on the first try. It takes so little effort, and Amazon will pull through.[/QUOTE]

I was able to get $20 promotional credit back as well. I suggest everyone contact CS if you just ordered this recently before the lighting deal do the same before the offer expires. Talk to a different CS if unsuccessful the first time.

[quote name='jlkeeton']My case is the same as games like Super Mario 64 DS, DQ IV, Polarium... It's a darkish grey just like the others.[/QUOTE]

My bad - I was just looking @ the outside and didn't get what you meant by "green". I looked it up and found the "ECO" case w/out the GBA slot is what you meant. That's what this comes in. Everything else looks like original but you're right that the inside of the case is different. Boo. I still wanted the game although the 19.99$ price is really nice. They won't adjust it for me after 2 tries. I can always order the new and return this one.

Hmmm... Even though I already have this, I'm tempted to get one to keep sealed. I don't really know why other than that it was so hard to find for a while. I know the reprint probably means that is pointless now, but, well, whenever I don't do that then it becomes rare again ;).

Bought one... but I only have $3 in my bank account, won't be able to put money in till the morning. My question is, when will Amazon process this and charge my card?

[quote name='Buuhan1']Bought one... but I only have $3 in my bank account, won't be able to put money in till the morning. My question is, when will Amazon process this and charge my card?[/QUOTE]

I got charged almost immediately. They will cancel your order I think within 24 hours if they can't get payment.

[quote name='confoosious']you really need to relax.

----

By the way, I'm too old to be up on my internet speak. What's QQing mean?[/QUOTE]

Words convey... anger? May sound like I'm super upset but really I just like a little oomph in my sentences. QQ is just crying, supposed to be tears coming out of eyes. Mostly used in MMOs, picked it up from 5 years of WoW -.-

The whole issue w/ the price adjust is that once the Lightning Deal is over, there's no chance they'd do anything for you so... good luck to you all. I personally couldn't return/re-order due to the Portal 2 $20 credit.

[quote name='Buuhan1']Bought one... but I only have $3 in my bank account, won't be able to put money in till the morning. My question is, when will Amazon process this and charge my card?[/QUOTE]

Um . . . wow.

They'll process it when they're getting it ready to ship, so it could be anytime from right after you order it up to a few days from now, depending on when they get to you, but since the item is in stock and ready to ship, expect it sooner rather than later. So if you used a bank card (rather than a credit card), be prepared for a potential overdraft fee.

Really, if you've only got $3 in your bank account, you may want to rethink your priorities a bit.

Struck down 3x on a price adjustment - it's @ 91% sold, so I just bit and purchased this again. I'll just eat the return shipping cost although it seems like it will be 8$. Maybe someone gets a gift instead...

[quote name='jlkeeton']Struck down 3x on a price adjustment - it's @ 91% sold, so I just bit and purchased this again. I'll just eat the return shipping cost although it seems like it will be 8$. Maybe someone gets a gift instead...[/QUOTE]

just ship the item yourself instead of printing their labels. Should only cost $2-3.

[quote name='62t']just ship the item yourself instead of printing their labels. Should only cost $2-3.[/QUOTE]

I've never even had a return cost from Amazon be above $4.95 for any video game. I returned the huge Cataclysm CE and the cap was $4.95. Are you counting non-Prime shipping for the other copy? Or you could just refuse shipment if you haven't opened the package.

[quote name='arcane93']Um . . . wow.

They'll process it when they're getting it ready to ship, so it could be anytime from right after you order it up to a few days from now, depending on when they get to you, but since the item is in stock and ready to ship, expect it sooner rather than later. So if you used a bank card (rather than a credit card), be prepared for a potential overdraft fee.

Really, if you've only got $3 in your bank account, you may want to rethink your priorities a bit.[/QUOTE]
I'm making a deposit in the morning, but this won't be there in the morning... so I took a gamble.

Okay, nice, I was still able to change the payment method. Switched it to charge the main bank account which has $33 in it. Should've done that in the first place, but I was hoping they wouldn't charge till tomorrow so I could use the default bank account. Oh well, crisis averted. Thanks for the info, guys.

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']I've never even had a return cost from Amazon be above $4.95 for any video game. I returned the huge Cataclysm CE and the cap was $4.95. Are you counting non-Prime shipping for the other copy? Or you could just refuse shipment if you haven't opened the package.[/QUOTE]

I'm Prime, so shipping to me will be free at least.

I just chatted with them again and "Raj" said if it is a UPS label that I would not be charged anything. I kinda don't believe that, so I captured the chat window and also copied the text into a document.

[quote name='Buuhan1']Okay, nice, I was still able to change the payment method. Switched it to charge the main bank account which has $33 in it. Should've done that in the first place, but I was hoping they wouldn't charge till tomorrow so I could use the default bank account. Oh well, crisis averted. Thanks for the info, guys.[/QUOTE]

Lol... You have $36 to your name, and you're buying games?

[quote name='elessar123']Lol... You have $36 to your name, and you're buying games?[/QUOTE]

Having worked at a gamestop for 3 years (years ago), I can attest to this person's statement. 20$ for a game, $10 for gas, and $6 for a week of Ramen. ^.~

[quote name='elessar123']Lol... You have $36 to your name, and you're buying games?[/QUOTE]

Well, at least he is picking one that you can sink some serious time into - so he'll stretch that last bit of money pretty far ;). I'd suggest DQ IX if you really want your money's worth. I think I put in 160 hours on that.

[quote name='Brother Daz']I think he's over in Europe somewhere[/QUOTE]
I'm in Australia and it was 7am :p I went to bed at 4:30am and had to be up at 8:30 for work, so...

Aaaand it looks like mine's already shipped - that was fast! 5 hours from order to shipment.

[quote name='Jedi_Amara']I'm in Australia and it was 7am :p I went to bed at 4:30am and had to be up at 8:30 for work, so...[/QUOTE]
How interesting. Whelp, time for bed.

Customer Service just refunded me $20! The first rep wouldn't budge, but then the second one caved after I mentioned that I would consider returning it and waiting for another "inevitable sale," haha.

so frustrating! I was looking at buying this game at 40 yesterday, then held off. Now I missed on this deal!!! F------- A! dangit!

I do hope this is a reprint. DQ5 is ridiculously expensive.

bread's done
Back