Dragonball Z Dragon Box Amazon Lightning Deal 9 AM Eastern

Grabbed one. Now I can finally replace my Anime HQ Fansub bootlegs of these episodes I've had for years with some beautiful Dragonbox goodness.

I remember forcing myself to stay awake to watch this air every Saturday night. I would usually have to set my alarm clock cause I would fall asleep early.

Great price, thanks op. I haven't seen this in years.

I bought it when it was $36...although I used a $32 gc...and since I actually watched it entirely instead of letting it collect dust like I do with most purchases...I feel partially okay :lol:

Might as well wait for the complete collection of Dragonall Kai on blu-ray. Normal DBZ has too much filler that you just don't need.

Thanks, picked one up!

[quote name='Stele']Might as well wait for the complete collection of Dragonall Kai on blu-ray. Normal DBZ has too much filler that you just don't need.[/QUOTE]

What's that? Can you give me some info on it?

[quote name='Stele']Might as well wait for the complete collection of Dragonall Kai on blu-ray. Normal DBZ has too much filler that you just don't need.[/QUOTE]

That is if you want a cut up series.

[quote name='Blitz_Pro']What's that? Can you give me some info on it?[/QUOTE]
Search engines are your friends.

http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Ball_Z_Kai

Like the entry says, FUNimation will release the first BD/DVDs in May.

DBZ is not some masterpiece that you need to get all completist crazy about. Probably about 2/3 of the runtime was crap filler so that the anime didn't get ahead of the manga.

My concern with Dragon Ball Kai is that it is supposed to run "approximately 100" episodes which I hope is totally false. They are currently on episode 45 and haven't even beaten Frieza yet. So that leaves 55 episodes for Android, Cell and Buu.

Rightstuf list Dragon Ball Z Kai Season 1 Blu-ray Part 1 (Hyb) MSRP $55. You end up paying at least $75 per season after discount price. I stuck with Dragon ball z box for now.

[quote name='Stele']
DBZ is not some masterpiece that you need to get all completist crazy about. Probably about 2/3 of the runtime was crap filler so that the anime didn't get ahead of the manga.[/QUOTE]

Once again, if you want it cut up, then wait for Kai.

[quote name='Joda84']Once again, if you want it cut up, then wait for Kai.[/QUOTE]
Agreed. If you want the whole thing then the dragonboxes are the way to go. Kai has a ton of stuff cut and the whole "HD remastered" BS is just that, BS. This series was made for SD viewing and kai is just another cash in. Now if all of Kai was animated the same way its intro is then it would be a different story but thats never gonna happen.

[quote name='LordVila']My concern with Dragon Ball Kai is that it is supposed to run "approximately 100" episodes which I hope is totally false. They are currently on episode 45 and haven't even beaten Frieza yet. So that leaves 55 episodes for Android, Cell and Buu.[/QUOTE]

Thus far, the Japanese DVD/BR release schedule has confirmed 99 episodes (why they won't go for the even 100 is beyond me)... But I don't believe that there has been any indication to what point in the series they'll actually go to.

And there could always be more than 99 episodes, since the release schedule could easily just be for the foreseeable future. That whole "approximately 100" episodes is nothing but fan speculation based off something that was said in a Jump magazine when details about the series were first coming out.

I still think it is very possible for them to finish the rest of the series in 54-55 eps. because in the android/Cell saga, there was a huge part with the androids just driving around on their way to Goku's house and the part where Cell is waiting and the Z warriors are doing mostly random stuff. Although I didn't read the manga, I think the part where Goku is in heaven fighting Paikuhan is also filler. If they cut out all the fillers, the Buu saga will probably be the shortest of the 3 sagas.

They said they were supposed to cut out whole arcs from Kai. I always thought they were just going to take out the whole Buu saga.

They can probably cut out all the Great Saiyaman, World Tournament, Garlic Jr, but I agree it probably will be a bit over 100, probably 120-140.

Well (I've read) originally DBZ ended right after goku killed frieza (zomg spoilers). He went super saiyain, fulfilled a prophecy, and avenged his race. Boom, done. But Toriyama caved and extended it and extended it and then everyone got long blonde hair and shit got ridiculous. I could see them having Kai finish right after the frieza saga. But there is stuff worth seeing after that saga so who knows.

[quote name='Stele']They can probably cut out all the Great Saiyaman, World Tournament, Garlic Jr, but I agree it probably will be a bit over 100, probably 120-140.[/QUOTE]

Saiyaman they'd have to sum up in an episode to at least give a reason for Gohan's appearance in the World Tournament/meeting Videl, Garlic Jr was Toei filler so I think we can assume that won't appear, thank god.

And after seeing screens of DB Kai, I really don't know if I'll buy it or not, maybe after the release sits for a bit and it gets cheap, but with the Dragon Boxes releasing at the same time, it's just... a bit overwhelming on the consumer right now, and there's original Dragonball too of course.

bread's done
Back