Dragonball Z/GT, Romeo X Juliet, & Yu Yu Hakusho Seasons <$16 @ Amazon

I think I'll pick up season 3 & 4 of yu yu. After it stopped airing on t.v I never got around to finishing it, thanks for posting :bouncy:

The first bluray set of Yu Yu Hakusho is coming out April 26, 2011, for those that are interested. I lost my dvds, so if I gotta rebuy it I'd rather upgrade to blu.

Maybe it's just me, but I'd stay far far away from the orange brick DBZ sets, even at that price, especially with the Dragon Box sets nearly completed.

[quote name='Indecisive Rattle']The first bluray set of Yu Yu Hakusho is coming out April 26, 2011, for those that are interested. I lost my dvds, so if I gotta rebuy it I'd rather upgrade to blu.[/QUOTE]

You lie! I just got all the DVDs about a month ago..... Yu Yu has a special place in my elbow so I'll buy it again just to support it. I've never watched an anime series as much as this one, it's not the best by far but I love the fuck out of it.

Damn... no DB Seasons :whistle2:( Still waiting for a good deal on DB Season 3-5... especially Season 5 since that one is always expensive :whistle2:( Thankz OP

[quote name='Indecisive Rattle']The first bluray set of Yu Yu Hakusho is coming out April 26, 2011, for those that are interested. I lost my dvds, so if I gotta rebuy it I'd rather upgrade to blu.[/QUOTE]

Remastered or Upscale?

Awesome, thanks OP. I've watched all of both series and absolutely love YYH, count me in for all 4 seasons. For those who haven't watched all of it yet, I highly recommend it.

EDIT 1: Seems like a LOT of other anime series are going on sale for 50% off or more as well, like Fullmetal Alchemist, Dragonball GT, and more.

EDIT 2: LOL, Just found Romeo x Juliet for 90% off for my g/f.

Final Edit: Here's my shopping cart:

Yu Yu Hakusho: All 4 Seasons
Dragonball GT: All 2 Seasons
Romeo x Juliet: All 2 Seasons
Tenchi Muyo! Ryo Ohki: Entire Season

Total: $117.14

~HotShotX

Last edited by a moderator:
Tempted to get all of YYH, I never watched past the Dark Tournament as a kid. Tempted also on the GT seasons (never saw) and the last season of DBZ (was a huge DBZ fan but I never saw past Goku and Vegeta fusing).

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Tempted to get all of YYH, I never watched past the Dark Tournament as a kid. Tempted also on the GT seasons (never saw) and the last season of DBZ (was a huge DBZ fan but I never saw past Goku and Vegeta fusing).[/QUOTE]

The Dark Tournament is where it really picks up. Amazing fights. ;o)

And i'm tempted on getting YYH as well. I loved the series and had always told myself I would buy them at one point in my life as it remains to be one of my favorite anime.

@Zaku: It's not all that bad. The Baby fight at the end and some of the Shenron fights aren't that bad. Granted, overall the series did fail in comparison to DB and DBZ, but it wasn't as bad as people put it out to be.

The original DB remastered is also on sale, I believe. There's a LOT of series on sale from 25-75%. I know Fullmetal Alchemist and Full Metal Panic had a price cut too, but not enough to where I would bite.

~HotShotX

[quote name='HotShotX']Awesome, thanks OP. I've watched all of both series and absolutely love YYH, count me in for all 4 seasons. For those who haven't watched all of it yet, I highly recommend it.

EDIT 1: Seems like a LOT of other anime series are going on sale for 50% off or more as well, like Fullmetal Alchemist, Dragonball GT, and more.

EDIT 2: LOL, Just found Romeo x Juliet for 90% off for my g/f.

Final Edit: Here's my shopping cart:

Yu Yu Hakusho: All 4 Seasons
Dragonball GT: All 2 Seasons
Romeo x Juliet: All 2 Seasons
Tenchi Muyo! Ryo Ohki: Entire Season

Total: $117.14

~HotShotX[/QUOTE]
Updated the Post with Romeo X Juliet.

[quote name='Zaku77']I bit on Romeo x Juliet. How can you not at that price? Awesomesauce[/QUOTE]

Romeo x Juliet?What is it about?
It's been along time since I watched any Anime. I watched DBZ,DBZ GT, Ronin Warriors, Ninja Scroll, Fatal Fury, Rama 1/2, and Street Fighter. Any highly recommended Anime Titles that I should get into?

I am a large fan of Cowboy Bebop, Rahxephon, and Gankutsuo: The Count Of Monte Cristo. Those are nothing like what you listed though. I think you would probably enjoy Bleach quite a bit. Watch some of it on youtube to give it a try.

As far as the GT thing, some of the fights are okay, sure. My main issue is the story. Toriyama didn't write it, and it really feels off. Dragon Ball ended when Goku flew off with Uub, plain and simple! lol

[quote name='The Punisher']Romeo x Juliet?What is it about?
It's been along time since I watched any Anime. I watched DBZ,DBZ GT, Ronin Warriors, Ninja Scroll, Fatal Fury, Rama 1/2, and Street Fighter. Any highly recommended Anime Titles that I should get into?[/QUOTE]

If you liked the DBZ series, you absolutely need to watch Yu Yu Hakusho. All of it.

This is mandatory. I will even go as far as to say YYH > DBZ.

~HotShotX

[quote name='HotShotX']If you liked the DBZ series, you absolutely need to watch Yu Yu Hakusho. All of it.

~HotShotX[/QUOTE]

Agreed, for some reason I thought he already said Yu Yu >_> They are very comparable. Please go buy/watch those now lol (or wait for the blus)

[quote name='HotShotX']If you liked the DBZ series, you absolutely need to watch Yu Yu Hakusho. All of it.

~HotShotX[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Looks good so far.

I also like Neon Genesis Evangelion. Not sure if anyone remembered Guyver, but it was cool back in the day. LOL. I feel like I'm behind in the Anime due to since they started ported the shows to US. When I saw DBZ first aired on Cartoon Network, I was highly disappointed, but lucky I had it on VHS way before coming to US shores. Any others that has a great plot/story?

If you liked Evangelion, I HIGHLY recommend RahXephon. It's rather similar, but I liked it WAY more, and it's among the best I've ever seen.

[quote name='Mako1215']What's the deal with Romeo X Juliet? Any good?[/QUOTE]

It's exactly what it sounds like, with a fantasy twist. And it's excellent.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']It's exactly what it sounds like, with a fantasy twist. And it's excellent.[/QUOTE]

Wasn't sure if people were serious or being sarcastic.

I haven't watched GT in 10-11 years and my friend had the japanese version, before it came out dubbed in the states.... I bought it a few days ago and it's horrible. Now I know why everyone hates GT.

This is far from the best site to get a wide range of informed opinions on anime (go to dedicated sites and forums like Mania.com, ANN, or DVDTalk, Bluray.com, or less commercial anime fan sites out there which is where most of the info offered by some here originates), but I can't help but add another voice to those trumpeting Romeo X Juliet. One of my favorite Gonzo productions, and amidst the usual high-quality Funimation voice acting, Brina Palencia as Juliet stands out as superb.

[quote name='Mako1215']What's the deal with Romeo X Juliet? Any good?[/QUOTE]
To me it's a decent watch, but not one I'd pay for.

[quote name='Brian9824']Also Big Windup parts 1&2 are also dirt cheap. As is D-Gray Man Season 1 part 2[/QUOTE]
Big Windup is a must buy at that price. I got the SAVE pack a few months ago for $12/13 on deepdiscount.

[quote name='Brian9824']Blassreiter Part 1 is $6.99 too[/QUOTE]

I loved this show. I think it's on Netflix stream.

I picked up the rest of the DBZ seasons that I needed and both seasons of DBGT. Now I'm just missing Dragon Ball and one DBZ movie set.

bread's done
Back