Dragon's Dogma:Dark Arisen Preorder(PS3) $27.39 shipped Zavvi

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']Zavvi is a uk site? So won't work on us ps3 or no?[/QUOTE]

it will work, but you wont be able to use US download content on it.

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']Zavvi is a uk site? So won't work on us ps3 or no?[/QUOTE]

Yes it will work on the ps3 if everything comes on disc. If the dlc is a code then no since you have to have an EU account to dl EU content, but the disc will work regardless.

[quote name='Draknight']Yes it will work on the ps3 if everything comes on disc. If the dlc is a code then no since you have to have an EU account to dl EU content, but the disc will work regardless.[/QUOTE]

you can simply create an EU account if it's a voucher

There's a 10% off pre-orders discount code now at Zavvi that works on this:

POG10

Only last 24 hours. The email says it ends @ midnight so I assume GMT which is a little less than 10 hours from now.

Total price now comes out to £16.27 with shipping or $24.18 USD.

If you already have an order it seems you will have to cancel and re-order to use the code. I was not able to see a way to add the code to an existing pre-order.

[quote name='aheineken']Gotta love Capcom and their re-releases. That's a good price considering MSRP is $40.[/QUOTE]
That's because this is what we'd call a proper expansion and not just some DLC-laden rehash. Besides, the original game was worth $60 and never dropped below $40 that I know of.

Awesome deal! Thanks OP!

And thanks Motoki for the advice on the code. My friends love this game and I was waiting for this new expansion to come out. Getting it for $16 cheaper is too good to pass up.

[quote name='aheineken']Gotta love Capcom and their re-releases. That's a good price considering MSRP is $40.[/QUOTE]
As a matter of fact.. I do. But that's probably because I never fell for an original release or i'd be maaad. I even held off for SS4:AE 2012.

Tempting, been wanting to give this a run for a while. It'll probably be a while before it hits $20 in the US, but it'll probably be a while before I get around to playing it anyhow. Hmmmm...

That's because this is what we'd call a proper expansion and not just some DLC-laden rehash. Besides, the original game was worth $60 and never dropped below $40 that I know of.

Actually it dropped down to about $30 around the holidays on Amazon. I was able to get Best Buy to PM it, too.

A little annoyed since I didn't get around to playing it as much, but I may just trade it in towards this one; in the end, if I end up paying less than $60 for the two combined, I'd still say it's worth it since the bit I've played of it shows that it's a damned good game.

[quote name='sidewalkhustla']Anyone have problems with paypal? It says it's an option but when you try to checkout it says paypal unavailable?[/QUOTE]

It said that for me the last couple of times I tried so I just used a card and had no problems.

Someone told me that people were doing chargebacks through Paypal on Zavvi and getting free stuff that way since apparently Zavvi wasn't checking their Paypal disputes or something like that but I don't know if there is actually anything to that.

[quote name='Jodou']That's because this is what we'd call a proper expansion and not just some DLC-laden rehash. Besides, the original game was worth $60 and never dropped below $40 that I know of.[/QUOTE]

Let's not go that far. We do not know how worthless or worthwhile the expanded content will be. Considering how uneven, padded, and downright amateurish DD was at times, we can really make no assumptions.

[quote name='Motoki']It said that for me the last couple of times I tried so I just used a card and had no problems.

Someone told me that people were doing chargebacks through Paypal on Zavvi and getting free stuff that way since apparently Zavvi wasn't checking their Paypal disputes or something like that but I don't know if there is actually anything to that.[/QUOTE]

Ok. you feel safe with them having your cc info then?

[quote name='sidewalkhustla']Ok. you feel safe with them having your cc info then?[/QUOTE]

They are a legit site many people have brought from, so yes

[quote name='sidewalkhustla']Ok. you feel safe with them having your cc info then?[/QUOTE]

Zavvi is a legit site. Have ordered 5 or 6 times with no problem.

I've really had a great time with Dragon's Dogma and will probably pick this up when I see a good deal on the NA version. You get some superfluous "thanks for your support!" stuff like infinite ferrystones and some costumes for importing your save from the original as I understand it.

[quote name='Jodou']That's because this is what we'd call a proper expansion and not just some DLC-laden rehash. Besides, the original game was worth $60 and never dropped below $40 that I know of.[/QUOTE]

I got it for $20 at the latest Gamefly sale. Now that I've had some time with it I know I'd have been happy paying full price.

Basically the game is a combination of Skyrim and Dark Souls with some traditional and tactical JRPG and Shadow of the Colossus thrown in. Now, it doesn't do everything as well as those games do (Not as open/huge as Skyrim, not as tight, difficult, or well-balanced as Dark Souls, not as much customization/persistent reward as some JRPGs, and climbing bosses isn't quite as awesome as SotC)... but it does all of it to 70%, and I really think they did a fantastic job combining features to make something unique. The asynchronous multiplayer is pretty neat, too.

The game is really challenging at the beginning (but like many RPGs, gets much easier if you grind and properly strategize your party's progression), the combat is HIGHLY varied (seriously, you could play through the game 3 times using different vocations and feel like you were playing a totally different game), and I felt like my character was really in the world rather than just an avatar programmed to walk in it (climbing on enemies, mantling terrain, the genuine terror of walking into a pitch black forest with only your lantern showing you a 5-foot radius...).

Yeah, I like it. I'd say if you don't have it yet and you liked *both* Skyrim (or similar) and Dark Souls, wait for this re-release/expansion and don't be afraid to pay MSRP of $40 if need be.

Also, search for Kaede as a pawn. She's a fighter/warrior and she will tank for you. =)

[quote name='Rsmobile']Let's not go that far. We do not know how worthless or worthwhile the expanded content will be.[/QUOTE]
Tried finding the article but I definitely remember an interview saying that the director had to cut ~30% (probably not the right number, but it was an impressive percentage) of the world from the game. No way to tell if this is the director's cut but the fact that this game will mark nearly a one year anniversary leads me to believe it will be a significant chunk. Regardless, I enjoyed the game for the combat and sandbox gameplay, so any amount of new content no matter how significant will rekindle my love for it.

Tempting, but I don't trust a euro version working 100% here. I'll sit tight and see if we see a good US deal.

I know when I had a month free of PSN+ EU i was able to play and platinum both Sleeping Dogs and Motorstorm Apocolypse no problem while logged into my US PSN accnt. As long as your accnts are both on the same PC afaik any dlc vouchers redeemed on a euro account should be accessible on your NA account as well.

Thanks, OP. I ordered one :). I had no problems playing EU games before (well, they were Wii games and it was modded, but I digress :p).

You should probably put the exchange rate in parentheses after the original price, most credit cards have fees for foreign curency.

Is the USA getting this on disc also or only DLC? Just to remind everyone else DLC is region locked for specific region games!

[quote name='CaoPi']Is the USA getting this on disc also or only DLC? Just to remind everyone else DLC is region locked for specific region games![/QUOTE]

Disc only. it's why everyone's all Capcpom, and all that. I don't mind paying the extra, this was my favorite console game of 2012 even better now. It will be hype.

25 is a great rate for those of you new to the game. As I had a save from the original release, I'm stuck with having to buy the US release which I do not mind at all.

Keep it mind if there is DLC (which seems likely even still) you'll need that UK account.

This link has some basic information about the new content. Seems like a good chunk of the new stuff may be an expansive dungeon of some sort, which is cool.

http://dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon's_Dogma:_Dark_Arisen

One thing I thought DD missed some potential on was some moderate puzzle solving. With the level of world interaction already built in (and the developers' experience with Resident Evil), it could work. The game's freedom of movement does mean that a dagger-user with double jump or a sorcerer with the 3-stage ice thingy will be able to reach higher places though, so I'm not sure how much platform-based stuff there could really be.

Anyway, just excited for more content. I really hope Capcom doesn't take the mediocre sales of DD as an indication to stop making games like it, although I guess I can't blame them if they do.

[quote name='Esoteria']This link has some basic information about the new content. Seems like a good chunk of the new stuff may be an expansive dungeon of some sort, which is cool.

http://dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon's_Dogma:_Dark_Arisen

One thing I thought DD missed some potential on was some moderate puzzle solving. With the level of world interaction already built in (and the developers' experience with Resident Evil), it could work. The game's freedom of movement does mean that a dagger-user with double jump or a sorcerer with the 3-stage ice thingy will be able to reach higher places though, so I'm not sure how much platform-based stuff there could really be.

Anyway, just excited for more content. I really hope Capcom doesn't take the mediocre sales of DD as an indication to stop making games like it, although I guess I can't blame them if they do.[/QUOTE]

All I can say is Deep Down PS4.

[quote name='aaronrodgers']25 is a great rate for those of you new to the game. As I had a save from the original release, I'm stuck with having to buy the US release which I do not mind at all.

Keep it mind if there is DLC (which seems likely even still) you'll need that UK account.[/QUOTE]

Not if the DLC is on disc right?

It sounds like the dlc is included on the disc from the description.. and the new dlc ads higher difficulty modes, as well as enhanced game features and a whole new quest area with new creatures.

The video previews of it looks pretty sweet!

Did anyone actually get these yet?

For some unknown reason the auto payment failed, and I had to do it manually today. I never got any email informing me it failed either.

The only thing I can think of is that the cc company blocked the auto payment because it was from another country, which is an unusual purchase.

Ok, a few days later they still cannot complete a payment, and are asking if I want to cancel my order. Has anyone gotten this from them?

I got confirmation mine shipped on 4/24 but have not received it yet. Will post when I do. The email said it could come as late as 5/15 but the last time I ordered from them I believe it took about a week so hoping to get it soon.

[quote name='Motoki']I got confirmation mine shipped on 4/24 but have not received it yet. Will post when I do. The email said it could come as late as 5/15 but the last time I ordered from them I believe it took about a week so hoping to get it soon.[/QUOTE]

Eh. Small price to pay...we saved almost 40% of a brand new game.

Picked up the vanilla version at BB for $14.99 during a gamer's sale. It's an okay game. Personally, not my cup of tea, though. Is there anything in the expansion pack worth the extra drop? DD was a good-looking game but the story was dull and I felt the whole gameplay was designed for the hardcore RPG set ...

I preordered this awhile back and mine arrived yesterday. I live in Oregon btw, so if your in the US (besides Alaska and Hawaii), you should have received it from this preorder deal by now.

Turns out they were not submitting my CC with the security code on the back of the card, so sears/mc flagged it as potentially fraudulent.

After three times over the course of a week, it was attempted and declined, and finally sears called me about potential ID theft.

I ok'd the purchase, and it went through fine, and if on its way.

I've read that there is already a patch for this, and that another is in the works.. am I going to need a UK account for the patch, or will the patches come through ok on our US accounts?

bread's done
Back