dragons dogma or darksiders 2

xXTwilightXx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
dragons dogma or darksiders 2 which do you folks recommend?
im looking for a new rpg to start up and ive narrowed down the results in terms of $ and fun factor. honestly i dont have much time to invest so which do you CaGs think is the better buy?

my thoughts
Darksiders 2 has been on sale in recent times and its a solid game, so i heard
Dragons dogma, i understand DLC Arisen is around the corner, perhaps i should wait DD arisen to eventually go on on sale to purchase.

Dragons Dogma is a much much much better game than Darksiders 2.

And you're right, the expansion is coming out in April which includes the first game, so it might be best to wait unless you find a great deal on the first game.

$15 is a solid deal for the Dragons Dogma but is the DD arisen price tag of $40 worth it.
i wonder if Arisen is DLC disc only or will we have the option of online DLC ( i dont think the DLC will be more than the $25 difference)

They confirmed that the DLC for Dragon's Dogma will only be on a disc (or the full game on Games on Demand sometime), so if you want that I would say get Darksiders for now and wait for the expansion for DD to drop.

[quote name='MoCiWe']They confirmed that the DLC for Dragon's Dogma will only be on a disc (or the full game on Games on Demand sometime), so if you want that I would say get Darksiders for now and wait for the expansion for DD to drop.[/QUOTE]

thank you very much for the info. now i wonder if the dlc for Dark Arisen is worth the $25. ($40 Dark Arisen - $15 Dragons Dogma). or if Dark Arisen price will drop w/in the year.

For $15 you might as well get Dragon's Dogma.

It's not like you need DA at release (unless you play that much DD before it's out ;) ) and besides, you get some bonuses for having a save from the original game, although I forget what they are.

owners of the original Dragon's Dogma will receive 100,000 Rift Crystals, unlimited Ferry stones and the Gransys Armor Pack consisting of six brand new costumes for free, upon purchasing Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen.

Darksiders 2.
I loved that game. I rarely play a game then get it back for collection, I did with that game.

My friend played Dogma first, liked it but kind of got bored with the side quests...then played Darksiders 2...and he fell in love with it also.

Both have there problems (small glitches/bugs)

Edit:

More feedback from friend

Dogma for a more 'Tradional' RPG
Darksiders 2 for more Action, Fighting & Puzzles.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='whoknows']For $15 you might as well get Dragon's Dogma.

It's not like you need DA at release (unless you play that much DD before it's out ;) ) and besides, you get some bonuses for having a save from the original game, although I forget what they are.[/QUOTE]

need/want oh the dilemma :wall:

[quote name='xXTwilightXx']need/want oh the dilemma :wall:[/QUOTE]

It's only $15. I'm sure you could sell it or trade it in and not be out too much money when DA comes out.

I don't even think it's fair to call Darksiders an RPG. It's just a 3rd person action game with leveling. If you're looking for any sort of real RPG, I'd go with Dragon's Dogma.

[quote name='xXTwilightXx']owners of the original Dragon's Dogma will receive 100,000 Rift Crystals, unlimited Ferry stones and the Gransys Armor Pack consisting of six brand new costumes for free, upon purchasing Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen.[/QUOTE]

The ferry stones are DD's version of quick-travel. I'm waiting until DA comes out to play any of it after hearing about the fact that you'll be walking...a lot...without them.

No Quick Travel? Ain't nobody got time for that.

bread's done
Back