Dreamcast Collection $9.99 @ Best Buy

[quote name='DreamSymphony']terrible choice of dc games.[/QUOTE]

True, but this collection is worth it at that price (or even better, a PM) for Space Channel 5 Part 2 alone. I love that game.

I agree on the bad choice of games, I'm still looking for an actual dreamcast so I can play some of the classics on it. Powerstone, Panzer Dragoon, Jet Grind Radio, and Skies of Arcadia should have been the four games imo. Shenmue could have been included too, but I'm still holding out hope that it gets released on xbla marketplace sometime. "crosses fingers" btw sorry for thread crapping, the price is very good for it, I just am not a fan of the four they put on disc.

Sega did an awful job with these ports. There's no upscaling, no widescreen support, and no extras. Two of my favorite parts of Crazy Taxi are missing (The soundtrack and the licensed stores), and Sonic Adventure is almost unplayable in 2011.

I guess it's worth $10 for a nostalgia kick, but prepare to be disappointed.

Yeah, the games aren't as great as they were back in the day but they are by no mean unplayable.

[quote name='icp_00_111']I agree on the bad choice of games, I'm still looking for an actual dreamcast so I can play some of the classics on it. Powerstone, Panzer Dragoon, Jet Grind Radio, and Skies of Arcadia should have been the four games imo. Shenmue could have been included too, but I'm still holding out hope that it gets released on xbla marketplace sometime. "crosses fingers" btw sorry for thread crapping, the price is very good for it, I just am not a fan of the four they put on disc.[/QUOTE]

The problem with wanting to play games on their original hardware is that assholes on the internet will charge you an arm and a leg for the original carts. Like Terranigma, it was an amazing SNES game but if you want to play it on the SNES you might as well just build a time machine 'cause that'd be cheaper.

[quote name='Heartless18']Sega did an awful job with these ports. There's no upscaling, no widescreen support, and no extras. Two of my favorite parts of Crazy Taxi are missing (The soundtrack and the licensed stores), and Sonic Adventure is almost unplayable in 2011.

I guess it's worth $10 for a nostalgia kick, but prepare to be disappointed.[/QUOTE]

What? Space Channel 5 Part 2 has upscaling & widescreen support, and is in fact the best version of the game available (I've owned them all). I can't speak for the other games, as I haven't actually tried the others on the disc, but based on the xbox.com screens it looks like Sonic Adventure is the only game lacking widescreen support.

[quote name='icp_00_111']I agree on the bad choice of games, I'm still looking for an actual dreamcast so I can play some of the classics on it. Powerstone, Panzer Dragoon, Jet Grind Radio, and Skies of Arcadia should have been the four games imo. Shenmue could have been included too, but I'm still holding out hope that it gets released on xbla marketplace sometime. "crosses fingers" btw sorry for thread crapping, the price is very good for it, I just am not a fan of the four they put on disc.[/QUOTE]

There is no Panzer Dragoon for the Dreamcast. Power Stone and Skies of Arcadia have at least been re-released on other systems; no such luck for Jet Grind Radio (unless you count GBA, which isn't really the same) or Shenmue.

[quote name='Derfel']There is no Panzer Dragoon for the Dreamcast. Power Stone and Skies of Arcadia have at least been re-released on other systems; no such luck for Jet Grind Radio (unless you count GBA, which isn't really the same) or Shenmue.[/QUOTE]

i think he meant sega saturn. :p now that game will cost you an arm and a leg.

There's so many collections that need a HD treatment, along the lines of ICO/SotC, Daytona, Guardian Heroes HD quality. They fix & update the games to today's standards, while maintaining everthing that made them classics.

JGR/JSR, Panzer Dragoon (1-3, + Saga), pretty much all quality gaming from early 90's, until last generation, PC & console. I wouldn't mind a Maximo HD collection w/ PSP Ultimate G&G port.

As long as the quality is there, I could play HD remakes for years. I suppose gaming is going that way. Like movies, music, tv, etc. there's very little original ideas.

[quote name='Faytz']i think he meant sega saturn. :p now that game will cost you an arm and a leg.[/QUOTE]

Well sure, but how can you have a "Dreamcast" collection that includes Saturn games? ;)

The first Panzer Dragoon isn't that rare or expensive, and is also playable on Panzer Dragoon Orta for the Xbox. If we're talking Panzer Dragoon Saga, however, then it'll cost an arm and two legs...

Time and time again, I've thought about picking up Crazy Taxi, but what's the point if I don't get the offspring or KFC. I really should have kept High Roller for the original xbox around.

bread's done
Back