Dreamcast Collection Xbox 360 Game SEGA $29.99 Newegg

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']Sega Smash Pack? It had Slowdown that wasn't in the original versions, butchered music, graphic glitches, and an arcade game nobody wants.

Also Power Stone sucks and if it were released on XBLA everyone would hate it because it's shallow and online multiplayer would just expose them to hilarious exploits.[/QUOTE]

Agreed about Smash Pack. What a huge disappointment.

Power Stone 2 is the one that should come out on PSN/XBL. Think about it with online play? Awesome times would ensue.

[quote name='Tsukento']Well, Sega Rally's getting another game coming to XBLA and PSN with online play. As for Daytona USA, licensing issues come to mind. In fact, Sega had to temporarily take down OutRun Online in order to square away a few things with the Ferrari. Though here's hoping we'll see a return of the series.[/QUOTE]

I really wish they'd just re-release the original SEGA Rally Championship, Saturn graphics, soundtrack and all. Revo was cool but just not the same, and it looks like this new XBLA release is like Revo lite. But now I'm getting off topic...

[quote name='Tsukento']

It should be obvious. Sega doesn't release games in compilations that aren't theirs. You don't see Strider on Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection. Also, Power Stone was originally an arcade game that just got ported over to the Dreamcast, like most of Capcom's other titles.

[/QUOTE]

My only point was the PSP/Pokemon analogy was misleading in alignment with the explanation you already gave. The explanation differed from it, so I just tried to clarify for others.

Release this on PS3 (Blu-Rays have a ton more space), and add in:

Jet Grind Radio
Shenmue
ChuChu Rocket
An online PSO
House of the Dead 2
Crazy Taxi 1 & 2
Skies of Arcadia
18 Wheeler
Daytona
Headhunter
Confidential Mission
Seaman

Sega owns all these. As for Crazy Taxi, please no PSP port... If it doesn't have KFC (and it won't), it's just not the same. As for the music, you can always play custom tracks (at least on the PSP version you can).

[quote name='Jesse_Dylan']I was about to crap my pants at the title until I saw what the games in the collection actually were. :/[/QUOTE]

this.

[quote name='sdragon']Release this on PS3 (Blu-Rays have a ton more space), and add in:

Jet Grind Radio
Shenmue
ChuChu Rocket
An online PSO
House of the Dead 2
Crazy Taxi 1 & 2
Skies of Arcadia
18 Wheeler
Daytona
Headhunter
Confidential Mission
Seaman

Sega owns all these. As for Crazy Taxi, please no PSP port... If it doesn't have KFC (and it won't), it's just not the same. As for the music, you can always play custom tracks (at least on the PSP version you can).[/QUOTE]
1) ChuChu Rocket is currently available for the iPod Touch/iPhone/iPad, complete with online play. It's only about $3 and seems to be better suited on a portable platform, honestly.

2) Phantasy Star Online will not be coming back, mainly because the sequel is already in development. Closed alpha/beta testing is going to begin soon in Japan. It'll be for PC, though.

3) How does the advertising make Crazy Taxi any different? It had little to do with what mattered most - the gameplay.

[quote name='StripesOrBars']yeah im pretty sure, if i remember correctly, Power Stone was completely broken and unplayable at a competitive level.[/QUOTE]
Y'know, expecting it to be competitive pretty much ruins the whole point of it just being a fun, free for all fighting game. That's exactly what killed the enjoyment of the Smash Bros. series; people trying to make it into a serious fighter.

[quote name='Tsukento']
Y'know, expecting it to be competitive pretty much ruins the whole point of it just being a fun, free for all fighting game. That's exactly what killed the enjoyment of the Smash Bros. series; people trying to make it into a serious fighter.[/QUOTE]

considering that sakurai(smash creator) implented competitive elements in the first two smashes, thats a bad example(brawl is just a complete joke of a game and shouldnt be taken seriously anyways).

high level(competitive) melee was the funnest(most ENJOYMENT) ive ever had with a game, so that point doesnt hold water either.

I'll wait for the PS3 version with 20+ games.

[quote name='StripesOrBars']considering that sakurai(smash creator) implented competitive elements in the first two smashes, thats a bad example(brawl is just a complete joke of a game and shouldnt be taken seriously anyways).

high level(competitive) melee was the funnest(most ENJOYMENT) ive ever had with a game, so that point doesnt hold water either.[/QUOTE]

I played with some competitive melee players before, and they played the game without items. I did not see the point in playing the game like that. Took fun out of the game imo. But to each their own. Personally couldn't care less if Power Stone was broken competitively, since it was a fun game to me.

i agree. to each their own.

i hate smash with items, but at the same time, i like arcana heart fights to be in training mode with unlimited homing cancels.

its all peer pressure in the end, with fighting games.

[quote name='Tsukento']1) ChuChu Rocket is currently available for the iPod Touch/iPhone/iPad, complete with online play. It's only about $3 and seems to be better suited on a portable platform, honestly.

2) Phantasy Star Online will not be coming back, mainly because the sequel is already in development. Closed alpha/beta testing is going to begin soon in Japan. It'll be for PC, though.

3) How does the advertising make Crazy Taxi any different? It had little to do with what mattered most - the gameplay.

Y'know, expecting it to be competitive pretty much ruins the whole point of it just being a fun, free for all fighting game. That's exactly what killed the enjoyment of the Smash Bros. series; people trying to make it into a serious fighter.[/QUOTE]

When you strip away the original licensed music and make the once familiar locations generic, it takes away a bit from the overall game. I'd rather boot up the Dreamcast/PS2/Gamecube versions instead. If it's a compilation, why not toss in an online ChuChu Rocket for good measure.

[quote name='Tsukento']
As for a Saturn collection, don't hold your breath. We still don't have fully functional Saturn emulators. All of the Saturn games we've seen get re-released on other consoles have been ports of the PC versions (Sonic R, Panzer Dragoon, NiGHTS into Dreams, etc.). Finally, there's also the sad note that several games are forever lost due to source codes being lost in a massive storage crash that had the codes saved.[/QUOTE]
The creator of SSF would like to have a word with you. In my experience, it plays about 80% of my Saturn collection (I have over 100 games). And don't say that Sega wouldn't use someone else's emulator. Dosbox is used by practically everyone. From what I've read about Panzer Dragoon, PZ Saga is the PZ game with the lost code. I haven't read about any others, but I wouldn't be surprised.

As mentioned before, the Dreamcast used its own disc-based media that was a step above CDs but below DVDs. The most a Dreamcast game could take up was 1GB, which was how much the GD-ROM discs carried.
Still, Sega could have easily had 6 or 7 games on a dl disc instead of just 4 (and really, Sega Bass Fishing as one of them?). You said earlier that Sega has 20 games planned for XBLA. Why would they drag down the initial set with such a small group of games that most people couldn't care less about? If it doesn't sell well (and I don't see it happening), why would they release any more? A disc with 6 or 7, much demanded games on it would be a great way to get people exicted with these collections. As it looks now, we'll be lucky to see more than a couple of these released. Once again, Sega is it's own worst enemy.

The problem with Crazy Taxi is that the original soundtrack, featuring a couple of killer Offspring songs, has been stripped. That alone kills it for me.

[quote name='Tsukento']We still don't have fully functional Saturn emulators.[/QUOTE]

Look up SSF, we've had good saturn emulation for years.

[quote name='Indiana']Reading this thread makes me want to dig the dreamcast out.[/QUOTE]

i looked at one of mine the other day. man were they cute!!

Yeah I'm still amazed no chu-chu came out as a XBLA or something. It's got to be an EASY port, and it SCREAMS fun simple online community, simple level making, etc.

And totally agree, how does the original Jet Grind not make it over? At least the second (xbox) one emulates, which can be fun... but simply not number one...

[quote name='Achilles00']The problem with Crazy Taxi is that the original soundtrack, featuring a couple of killer Offspring songs, has been stripped. That alone kills it for me.[/QUOTE]

Personally I'm torn between two mindsets of "its just not as nostalgic without the original music" and "thank god I don't have to hear those same two offspring songs again"

[quote name='Ilikecoldbeverages']Personally I'm torn between two mindsets of "its just not as nostalgic without the original music" and "thank god I don't have to hear those same two offspring songs again"[/QUOTE]

The music was key to the experience, but I admit that I let it go pretty quickly.

What *really* bothered me, though, was the fact that the sound is horribly mixed and they changed the voices. Having a non-borderline-racist BD Joe is a dealbreaker for me.

The new BD Joe really doesn't even sound like he wants to have fun. :cry:

[quote name='007']The music was key to the experience, but I admit that I let it go pretty quickly.

What *really* bothered me, though, was the fact that the sound is horribly mixed and they changed the voices. Having a non-borderline-racist BD Joe is a dealbreaker for me.

The new BD Joe really doesn't even sound like he wants to have fun. :cry:[/QUOTE]

Hell, I wish Crazy Taxi 3 was BC with the 360. It's the best version of the series imo, as it contains all of the music and levels from the three games.

Is the version of Sonic Adventure on here the DX version or do you still have to pay $5 from the marketplace? I'll probably buy this when it hits $15 or get it used.

I'd be ok if I never heard another Offspring song again in my life, so that change doesn't bother me. They could've replaced it with Kenny G and that would've been fine.

[quote name='Achilles00']The problem with Crazy Taxi is that the original soundtrack, featuring a couple of killer Offspring songs, has been stripped. That alone kills it for me.[/QUOTE]
The game supports custom soundtracks, so you can still add Offspring's songs into the game. It's just a matter of they don't have the rights to any of the licensed material they had access to anymore (especially wouldn't make sense to keep Tower Records around considering they no longer exist).

[quote name='CKaz']Yeah I'm still amazed no chu-chu came out as a XBLA or something. It's got to be an EASY port, and it SCREAMS fun simple online community, simple level making, etc.[/quote]
I'd imagine a port on XBLA would result in having to charge for the extra puzzles that the Dreamcast and iPhone/iPad versions got for free. But yeah, it is odd they never ported it to consoles. I figure they went the Apps route since it'd be cheaper and would be more likely to succeed there than on consoles.

[quote name='CKaz']And totally agree, how does the original Jet Grind not make it over? At least the second (xbox) one emulates, which can be fun... but simply not number one...[/QUOTE]
As mentioned earlier, this is just a compilation of what's going to be on XBLA by the end of the month. It's the disc version for those who can't afford the room on their hard drives. And I'd rather have a faithful port of Future, rather than the awful emulation the 360 does for the original Xbox games. :(

[quote name='oasisboy']MSRP = Not a deal[/QUOTE]
Technically it's not a deal, while also being one. Buying all four on XBLA would cost $40. The disc itself is $30.

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']Is the version of Sonic Adventure on here the DX version or do you still have to pay $5 from the marketplace? I'll probably buy this when it hits $15 or get it used.[/QUOTE]
The four games are exactly as they are on XBLA. They're no different from other compilation games that are on the Marketplace. So yeah, you still have to pay for the DX addition.

I'll wait until this compilation is $15-$20 since I have Sonic Adventure DX on Gamecube already. $10 for the other 3 games is a fair amount, but not a must buy for me.

[quote name='Indiana']Reading this thread makes me want to dig the dreamcast out.[/QUOTE]

Makes me want to go out and get another one since mine died a few years back.

[quote name='Techman16']thanks all for the thread crapping :roll:[/QUOTE]

Hey, you said yourself that this really wasn't a deal. And most of the "thread crapping" was about if this collection was worth the price. I guess people could have given the sarcastic "in for 10" remark.

[quote name='maxim2boobles']genesis collection for dreamcast is one of the best[/QUOTE]

DreamSNES for dreamcast is the best

Also everyone is forgetting Virtua Tennis. And the simple fact if Sonic Adventure 2 was on this disc I'm sure the consensus about the game would be mch different. Soul Calibur was released on XBLA and could be tossed on here as well (I know it's Namco but I thought it was Dreamcast exclusive). Lazy Sega...

[quote name='antlp89']Sega Bass Fishing makes this a deal.[/QUOTE]

YES!!! I loved that game. "Hook ay! That's a big one"

[quote name='Techman16']thanks all for the thread crapping :roll:[/QUOTE]

What did you expect? Its a completely lame compilation, not even worth $10 much less $30. Not a deal and a lousy assortment of games (and a measly 4 games at that).

[quote name='VideoGamesIzFun']Soul Calibur was released on XBLA and could be tossed on here as well (I know it's Namco but I thought it was Dreamcast exclusive). Lazy Sega...[/QUOTE]
Just because it was on the Dreamcast doesn't mean Sega can publish it. :|

The only game on XBLA that somehow isn't on the disc is Virtual-On, which IS made by Sega and was on the Dreamcast.

[quote name='Tsukento']The only game on XBLA that somehow isn't on the disc is Virtual-On, which IS made by Sega and was on the Dreamcast.[/QUOTE]

Isn't the one on XBLA a sequel/remake and not an original Dreamcast game?

[quote name='Tsukento']It's Oratorio Tangram, so it's definitely the Dreamcast game.[/QUOTE]

If anything it's a hybrid of the original DC game with new code grafted on specifically for the new features added to the Xbox versions, sort of like what they did with Rez. The games on this collection appear to be nothing more than the original ROMs running through an emulator.

[quote name='LordVila']I'm buying this on principal just because it is Dreamcast.[/QUOTE]

I would make sure that Crazy Taxi has the original Offspring and Bad Religion tracks before you buy the collection on "principle".

Does anyone know if it does or not?

[quote name='Techman16']I know this not really a deal but seems pretty intresting
Includes:
Sonic Adventure, Crazy Taxi, Space Channel 5 Part 2 and Sega Bass Fishing
LINK[/QUOTE]

This is not a deal. This is the same price amazon has it listed for and lamestop and buy.com. A deal would be finding it for less than what its normally sold for, hence the section being named video game deals.

[quote name='Evilbeaver']I would make sure that Crazy Taxi has the original Offspring and Bad Religion tracks before you buy the collection on "principle".

Does anyone know if it does or not?[/QUOTE]
It does not. They don't have the license to use their music. However, custom soundtracks are supported.

[quote name='gargus']This is not a deal. This is the same price amazon has it listed for and lamestop and buy.com. A deal would be finding it for less than what its normally sold for, hence the section being named video game deals.[/QUOTE]
Cost of all four games downloaded - $40
Cost of all four games on disc - $30

Wouldja lookit that?

[quote name='Tsukento']It does not. They don't have the license to use their music. However, custom soundtracks are supported.

Cost of all four games downloaded - $40
Cost of all four games on disc - $30

Wouldja lookit that?[/QUOTE]

Value of all four games in this collection: nowhere near $30, not even really $10. Wouldja lookit that? :roll:

bread's done
Back