Dreamcast Collection Xbox360 $11.98 Amazon

[quote name='jazzman']Awesome price but I just want Space Channel 5 part 2. Wish they came with downloadable codes.[/QUOTE]

Same here. But I might bite at this price since it's getting pretty close to what I'm willing to pay just for SC5, which is $5 worth to me.

Edit: Ordered 1.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good deal! Though I already own them all on the DC. ... Wish this was the price on the PC version. I might have double-dipped for portable Crazy Taxi.

Pretty sure we can pull up a thread from literally a few months back when this game was released and find pages of CAGs saying "this will be 10 dollars incredibly quick." Yep.

This is the price Sega should have released it at in the first place. Hardly a collection with only 4 old games at $30. They never gave a reason why there was no PS3 version either.

[quote name='heyheyhey11']You better buy 10 copies. So we can fool sega to release shenmue 1,2 on 360[/QUOTE]

Then we all buy 100 copies of that each user and fool them to fund Shenmue 3 project. No, I'm not kidding. I'd be in if that's what it takes.

WHAT????

From an Amazon review:
Okay, how about Crazy Taxi? First the good news: It's in widescreen HD. Now, the bad: No Offspring. No Bad Religion. Instead, the original catchy tunes are replaced by some forgettable garage band punk tunes that completely contrast with the spirit of the game.
I am a huge Dreamcast fan so was going to buy it at this price, but if they screwed with the music then I'm going to pass. I already have Sonic Adventure on DC, GameCube, and PSN anyway.

[quote name='aem']WHAT????
I am a huge Dreamcast fan so was going to buy it at this price, but if they screwed with the music then I'm going to pass. I already have Sonic Adventure on DC, GameCube, and PSN anyway.[/QUOTE]
Yeah. They didn't want to license the music, so we got generic stuff instead.

[quote name='MPoWeRM3']Then we all buy 100 copies of that each user and fool them to fund Shenmue 3 project. No, I'm not kidding. I'd be in if that's what it takes.[/QUOTE]

The fact that Amazon is selling this game on clearance basically means nobody wanted to pay full retail price for their crappy collection. Too bad Sega didn't learn from their mistakes, they'll probably think "oh nobody cares about Dreamcast games" instead of "Gee, we probably should have included Sonic 2, Shenmue, Shenmue 2, Skies of Arcadia, Jet Grind Radio, House of the Dead, Chu Chu Rocket, the Space Channel 5 that actually was released on the dreamcast, Ecco the Dolphin, Sega GT, and PSO).

[quote name='heyheyhey11']Can you use custom soundtrack in CT?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, although it's not quite as seamless as it would be in original Xbox games, or as it is in the CT 1+2 pack for PSP.

[quote name='lutz']the Space Channel 5 that actually was released on the dreamcast[/QUOTE]

Space Channel 5 part 2 was released on the Dreamcast as well. Though it never got a US release.

[quote name='Xellos2099']Would i able to get free shipping for this if i order this and preorder another game like ark soul or Cathrine[/QUOTE]

never thought about this. has anyone actually tried? in theory it would work.

could you preorder something, then just cancel it later?

[quote name='Wario64']never thought about this. has anyone actually tried? in theory it would work.

could you preorder something, then just cancel it later?[/QUOTE]
I tried this in the past with movies. In my experience they would have to ship both items together. So if I cancelled the pre-order they would change the shipping of the other item, otherwise I would have to wait and get both whenever the pre-order was delivered.

So I don't think it will work.

That's the right price for this collection, glad I waited. Thanks OP.

I honestly might as well take advantage of this, as I'm getting tired of waiting for Space Channel 5 Part 2 to hit XBLA (despite already owning SA DX & Crazy Taxi).

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Yeah. They didn't want to license the music, so we got generic stuff instead.[/QUOTE]

You can't really get much more generic than Offspring and Bad Religion.

[quote name='frpilot']must be dead since it's $16.90 now from amazon and $11.99 + $3.99 from merchant.[/QUOTE]

Looks like I missed out, lol. I'll wait on the next sale.

[quote name='enforcer2003']Space Channel 5 part 2 was released on the Dreamcast as well. Though it never got a US release.[/QUOTE]

Regardless, I'm still pointing to Space Channel 5 part 1 which was much more well known and remembered (and this fact isn't limited to just the US). I didn't mean to leave out that minor detail, but it was a long rant as is (but good show for pointing it out).

[quote name='enforcer2003']Space Channel 5 part 2 was released on the Dreamcast as well. Though it never got a US release.[/QUOTE]

Actually it was... On PS2

He's technically right that it was released in a limited fashion in japan for the dreamcast. But that really doesn't count, part two was more well known and mass produced on the PS2. REGARDLESS of minor details, part 1 should have been on the collection disc (not to mention all those other grade A DC titles and not this halfass collection that's barely worth $10).

Man How the f**k can you call this a dreamcast collection when it doesnt have shenmue and Powerstone ? This collection sucks as much as activisions gaming practices.watch sega release another one with games that should have been on this one

stupid.gif
Powerstone wasn't even a Sega Game, furthermore I think Shenmue itself would need to be redone so it wouldn't be so dated.

[quote name='strait edge follower']Man How the f**k can you call this a dreamcast collection when it doesnt have shenmue and Powerstone ? This collection sucks as much as activisions gaming practices.watch sega release another one with games that should have been on this one[/QUOTE]

Shenmue would have been epic! I'm still hoping they finish the series.

Powerstone is from Capcom, and it's not very good in any case.

This is really just a collection of Sega's DC games that were released on XBLA. I don't know why it gets so much hate, especially since Sega's released 2-4 game compilations before.

[quote name='cheesebu']You can't really get much more generic than Offspring and Bad Religion.[/QUOTE]

Oh snap!

Seriously though, for a game where the music was just licensed background noise, it amazes me how many people won't touch this without the four song original soundtrack. Yeah, it's kind of weird having different music there, but it's hardly a deal breaker for me.

[quote name='skiizim']
stupid.gif
Powerstone wasn't even a Sega Game, furthermore I think Shenmue itself would need to be redone so it wouldn't be so dated.[/QUOTE]

Man forget that its Not a sega game stuff it was still a DREAMCAST game and this is the DREAMCAST collection is it Not ? The epicness of powerstone needs to be relived smash brothers wouldnt be around without this gem.oh and shenmue is also a dreamcast game so is should be in this too.i miss these two games :(

That's because Shenmue sold like shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

They're pretty different aside from the superficial qualities though.

[quote name='dallow']That's because Shenmue sold like shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

They're pretty different aside from the superficial qualities though.[/QUOTE]

The fact that it didnt sell well is indeed blasphamy.it was just too deep and complicated for little kiddies to apreciate.insted they opted for sighhhh games like somba de amigo

Um, it didn't matter if Shenmue sold well or not. Because the Dreamcast bombed in general, every Dreamcast owner would have had to bought 2 copies to break even. Shenmue 2 was only made because they had all the resources finished already.

But seriously, Sega could of spent almost nothing to make Shenmue remake (or 3) by using the Yakusa 4 engine. Heck, they could even reuse most of the models as background characters. Not hard to edit the main focus characters to resemble the Shenmue counterparts either.

[quote name='strait edge follower']Man forget that its Not a sega game stuff it was still a DREAMCAST game and this is the DREAMCAST collection is it Not ? The epicness of powerstone needs to be relived smash brothers wouldnt be around without this gem.oh and shenmue is also a dreamcast game so is should be in this too.i miss these two games :([/QUOTE]

but Smash Bros. came out before Power Stone...

I agree though. Why the hell has Capcom not released Power Stone on XBL. Free money.

[quote name='lutz']The fact that Amazon is selling this game on clearance basically means nobody wanted to pay full retail price for their crappy collection. Too bad Sega didn't learn from their mistakes, they'll probably think "oh nobody cares about Dreamcast games" instead of "Gee, we probably should have included Sonic 2, Shenmue, Shenmue 2, Skies of Arcadia, Jet Grind Radio, House of the Dead, Chu Chu Rocket, the Space Channel 5 that actually was released on the dreamcast, Ecco the Dolphin, Sega GT, and PSO).[/QUOTE]
Because from a business perspective, it makes no sense to throw all of your best games into one package if you plan on releasing more collections. If they did that, no one would ever buy any of the later sets that have the lesser known titles on there.

Also, Sonic Adventure 2 *might* have copyright issues as Sonic's shoes are tied with the SOAP shoes brand. ChuChu Rocket! is definitely not forgotten as it's doing perfectly well on the iOS format. Space Channel 5 wasn't ported because the game uses pre-rendered video backgrounds, which would look like total ass if they attempted to remaster it in HD. As for Phantasy Star Online...why? The game's perfectly playable via private server on the PC. PSO Blue Burst is the definitive version, as the Dreamcast versions were heavily flawed. Not to mention, December was the official last month for PSO to be officially supported.

Sega's focuses are going towards PSO2, which will be on the PC and looks like it'll be plenty better. This is coming from an old PSO veteran who played the two DC versions, Ep. 1 & 2 on the GameCube and BB while it was supported on the PC.

[quote name='strait edge follower']Man forget that its Not a sega game stuff it was still a DREAMCAST game and this is the DREAMCAST collection is it Not ? The epicness of powerstone needs to be relived smash brothers wouldnt be around without this gem.oh and shenmue is also a dreamcast game so is should be in this too.i miss these two games :([/QUOTE]
Just because it's a Dreamcast collection doesn't mean they can rightfully release whatever they want on there. Technically, Power Stone is an arcade game that got ported to the Dreamcast. But either way, Capcom is absolutely retarded for not porting it to modern day consoles. I'm guessing they saw the sales for the PSP port and thought nobody wanted it.

[quote name='strait edge follower']You know its funny that sega makes these big yakuza games but Not shenmue 3 Why is that ? Shenmue and yakuza are almost the same game but in differint settings[/QUOTE]
Because the Yakuza series sells, Shenmue didn't. Yakuza was at least selling in Japan and is slowly doing better here. Shenmue barely managed to sell a million copies WORLDWIDE. Lord knows how Shenmue II faired, especially with the US release being exclusive to Xbox. Not to mention, by that time, most people just imported the European version for the Dreamcast. Either way, Shenmue's costs were far outweighed by the amount they made back in sales.

[quote name='SkyMasterson']but Smash Bros. came out before Power Stone...

I agree though. Why the hell has Capcom not released Power Stone on XBL. Free money.[/QUOTE]

I thought it was the other way around ? Oh well powerstone still kicks arse ! It really should be on psn and xbl.the put both games on the pepe so Why Not

[quote name='Tsukento']Because from a business perspective, it makes no sense to throw all of your best games into one package if you plan on releasing more collections. If they did that, no one would ever buy any of the later sets that have the lesser known titles on there.

Also, Sonic Adventure 2 *might* have copyright issues as Sonic's shoes are tied with the SOAP shoes brand. ChuChu Rocket! is definitely not forgotten as it's doing perfectly well on the iOS format. Space Channel 5 wasn't ported because the game uses pre-rendered video backgrounds, which would look like total ass if they attempted to remaster it in HD. As for Phantasy Star Online...why? The game's perfectly playable via private server on the PC. PSO Blue Burst is the definitive version, as the Dreamcast versions were heavily flawed. Not to mention, December was the official last month for PSO to be officially supported.

Sega's focuses are going towards PSO2, which will be on the PC and looks like it'll be plenty better. This is coming from an old PSO veteran who played the two DC versions, Ep. 1 & 2 on the GameCube and BB while it was supported on the PC.

Just because it's a Dreamcast collection doesn't mean they can rightfully release whatever they want on there. Technically, Power Stone is an arcade game that got ported to the Dreamcast. But either way, Capcom is absolutely retarded for not porting it to modern day consoles. I'm guessing they saw the sales for the PSP port and thought nobody wanted it.

Because the Yakuza series sells, Shenmue didn't. Yakuza was at least selling in Japan and is slowly doing better here. Shenmue barely managed to sell a million copies WORLDWIDE. Lord knows how Shenmue II faired, especially with the US release being exclusive to Xbox. Not to mention, by that time, most people just imported the European version for the Dreamcast. Either way, Shenmue's costs were far outweighed by the amount they made back in sales.[/QUOTE]

All sega has to do is ask scamcom for the right to put the game on the collection.do you really think scamcom will say no to getting extra money ? And even though yakuza doesnt sell that great they still make them anyway so Why Not use those assets to make shenmue 3 ? I think it would greatly outsell yakuza and everyone who played the other 2 shenmue games will keep on selling people Omg back in the day this series was amazing ! Curiosity will skyrocket and BOOM ! Big advertising right there.heavy rain did great so Why Not this game ?

bread's done
Back